PDA

View Full Version : The new INT gain of monks is crazy.. ;p

ericdraven
26-09-03, 22:52
The patch was just two days ago.. and this happened today:

http://members.aon.at/eric.draven/capped.jpg

the new INT gain is really incredible!

:p

K, joking.. i could enjoy only the last 4 million XP with the new 50% gain.. but i have to say it's really great.. i am sure a lot of monks will like it.. and a lot of anti-monks wont like it.. ah well..

However.. i want to say thanks to SSC, especially to QuantumDelta and SirRah for opening their labs (at least for our faction). I think i got more than 50% of the XP only from researching. Thank you!
Also big thanks to my mate livide - best PPU on Uranus.. :) it's alway fun leveling with you..
And last but not least - thanks KK for listening to us.

I guess i am the first and only fully capped monk on Uranus for now, with the new INT gain i probably won't be it for long, but until then i can enjoy my new achievement. :p

Now i only have to get rid of 131 RES base. o_O

tw@
26-09-03, 23:02
Congratulations...

Yeah the new EXP gain is much better... it was getting stupid how slow it was for us.

Disturbed021
26-09-03, 23:06
Congrats ED!
I started a new monk on Pluto once the Patch was released and tho my PSI (72) and INT (57) are like 15 levels apart still it is a major improvement over the way it was.

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 23:07
yes I think the new int gain is very good. I still think it should be EQUAL to our psi gain though.

Mankind
26-09-03, 23:35
That rank is insane. You're the first person that I've seen with a rank over /72ish.

Awesome job.

I agree though with the INT gain. I managed to get 3 INT levels yesterday while leveling, which normally I gain about 1. In this time I'll cap my INT in 2 years lol cuz I only play my monk once a week :D

mdares
26-09-03, 23:44
nice eric congrats :D

yeah i'm a bit jealous: i still for some reason get less exp than most people :( same cave run and they use a n00b spell i use HL and i get 1/2 as much int exp... gah NC doesnt wub me...

Disturbed021
26-09-03, 23:45
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
yes I think the new int gain is very good. I still think it should be EQUAL to our psi gain though.
Well ya thats what I was hopin for :( but oh well better than my first capped monk which was 100 psi 67 int8| . I assume that this new monk I made will hit 100 psi and prolly be 85 or so Int. Not bad imo.

livide
26-09-03, 23:52
big thx back to u eric ^^

always nice to leech some experience from you :p
must be millions of it so far and hopefully u'll help me with the last 35 or something as well :D

nice work anyway and gratz from my side as well

Whiety Bulger
27-09-03, 00:26
j00 HAX!!! :)

Nexxy
27-09-03, 00:33
its too high monks wre already really easy to lvl. And yeah it was a little low but now its just too high. 3 days of lvling and i got my psi to 70 int and 87 psi...

{MD}GeistDamnit
27-09-03, 00:46
the int gain SUCKS i dont know what your talking about. it is our main skill and shoulf be 100 just like spies :/

Wannabe
27-09-03, 00:49
Wow! Your actually the first monk I know who has capped his INT.
Okay, I gotten some INT dings as well but far away from cap. Around 140 mil to be exact :P

// Wannabe

Clothing_Option
27-09-03, 00:51
what kind of imps do u use ericdraven?

SirRah
27-09-03, 01:10
heh eric, i think im gonna have to do all the epics as well.... cuz i like your rank :p

well nice to hear i could be a help ^^

and congratz on capping your int ;)

spydre1070
27-09-03, 02:23
I know another monk on Saturn that had capped INT, but he deleted all his characters not too long ago. Alot of work :p

Alex The Great
27-09-03, 02:31
Originally posted by Nexxy
its too high monks wre already really easy to lvl. And yeah it was a little low but now its just too high. 3 days of lvling and i got my psi to 70 int and 87 psi...

Loser....you pased my monk Stop leveling!

.Cyl0n
27-09-03, 02:51
echse was at int 99 quite a while now :)
he's rank 74 too hehe

i know you mission junkie :p

grats :)

.cy

Disturbed021
27-09-03, 03:19
Originally posted by Nexxy

Cause all other classes are soooo hard to level right? :rolleyes:

All classes are easy if you know what you're doing and power-level. I started a PE recently and capped all but 2 Dex and 7 con in 3 days (only reason he wasnt capped is cause I had shitloads of work to do), so what is ur point? PSIs should have one main stat thats easy to level and the other not?

I dont really give a shit if they lowered the PSI exp gain, PSI and INT should level at roughly the same rate. Look at Spies - 100 Dex and 100 Int and they level at roughly the same rate. You may be off by some levels but not 15-20 like monkeys.

Right now with this Int xp gain my Monk started after the patch is Int 53 and PSI 70. Thats 10 million Psi Exp and 1.7 Int Exp which = 5 to 1. Psi exp levels 5 times more than Int. b4 the patch I would venture a guess that it was 7 to 1. So it is an improvement but not TOO much by far.

ericdraven
27-09-03, 04:14
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
what kind of imps do u use ericdraven?
Well, "APU-standard": DS, core, att2 & 3 :p

@SirRah - i forgot to mention - i also did about 1000 very hard missions to get my rank. :)

And to all who say the gain of monks is high - in the time i leveled from INT95 to INT100 on my monk i came from INT5 to INT100 on my spy.. and INT is a mainskill of the monk - AND of the spy. So.. o_O

Shadow Dancer
27-09-03, 04:34
DS is standard?

That's interesting.........

ericdraven
27-09-03, 04:39
DS is standard?

That's interesting.........
You didn't know? o_O

:p

Shadow Dancer
27-09-03, 04:42
lol

That reminds me, I hafta go form an mc5 group and get a few parts for myself then sell them for an extremely high amount of cash thereby further damaging the economy.

ericdraven
27-09-03, 04:44
lol

That reminds me, I hafta go form an mc5 group and get a few parts for myself then sell them for an extremely high amount of cash thereby further damaging the economy.
Economy? In Neocron? ;)

And finally admit you regret that you sold your DS - come on! :p

Shadow Dancer
27-09-03, 05:02
Originally posted by ericdraven
Economy? In Neocron? ;)

And finally admit you regret that you sold your DS - come on! :p

LOL

I don't regret it............................ok maybe a little. :p

If I can get a good reliable method of getting parts, then i'll probably try and get 2 DSs so I don't have to worry too much about them "breaking".

Mr Friendly
27-09-03, 08:46
Originally posted by Mankind
That rank is insane. You're the first person that I've seen with a rank over /72ish.

Awesome job.

I agree though with the INT gain. I managed to get 3 INT levels yesterday while leveling, which normally I gain about 1. In this time I'll cap my INT in 2 years lol cuz I only play my monk once a week :D

lol, he already said he was just jokin with that screenie

besides, look at the max of points for INT & they're no where near as high as 173 mill

Huijari
27-09-03, 09:40
@SirRah - i forgot to mention - i also did about 1000 very hard missions to get my rank. :)

And on what urban neocron legend myth you base THAT? Making missions does not raise your rank .. your rank raises because your SKILL LEVEL raises. 5 levels means ONE rank. So stop saying that missions raises them, SKILLS you GAIN VIA MAKING MISSIONS does. :o

[SP]Ostrich
27-09-03, 09:51
but i did missions for a while... got 3 base dex levels up, nothing else, and 5 av skill levels up... explain that... o.O

Maarten
27-09-03, 12:01
That is because missions give XP in all skills. Including the sixth main skill. The one that is invisible. So by doing missions this sixth skill raises and will up your skill rank.

FirestarXL
27-09-03, 12:06
That's the Sixth Stat Line, which can only be levelled by doing missions. For those who don't know, that's why sometimes when you're doing missions, you will get the level ding noise, but no notification as to which stat you levelled. SSL adds to your orverall rank, since it is a primary stat.

As far as I know it serves no purpose, I suspect it was something in the original design that was left out, but is still there in the background. The existance of it can be proven by following steps on the test server (which is kind of testing, but borderline so... Don't test resists on the test server kids, test for BUGS! ;) ).

ericdraven
27-09-03, 16:23
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
lol, he already said he was just jokin with that screenie

besides, look at the max of points for INT & they're no where near as high as 173 mill
Hehe.. i was joking about the fact that i got the 172 mills since the patch. The pic is genuine. And of course INT goes up to 172 mills, same as for spies..

Originally posted by Huijari
And on what urban neocron legend myth you base THAT? Making missions does not raise your rank .. your rank raises because your SKILL LEVEL raises. 5 levels means ONE rank. So stop saying that missions raises them, SKILLS you GAIN VIA MAKING MISSIONS does.
Ah well.. again people who DON'T know the facts try to "explain" me how the averange rank works.. it's not the first time.

OK - according to your statement 111+20+48+35+122=336; 336/5=75

Well.. here in austria 306/5 = 67,2... where are you from btw? ;)

Itth
27-09-03, 16:33
well eric do epics add to rank then?

it sure would explain how my tank went from 64 to 67 wirhout any leveling after doing pp/biotech epic

(3 ranks more, pp+1 bt+1 and moveon+1, that makes sense..)

EdIT: GRAMMOR!1111111111e

ericdraven
27-09-03, 16:47
Originally posted by Itth
well eric do epics add to rank then?

Yes they do. Epics are just "big" missions, IIRC you get in total 8000 XP for one (not shared) epic. So that's equal to ~13 very hard research-missions.

alig
27-09-03, 17:03
Im one to argue against that having the worst ranked tank in ALL neocron :mad:

Im rank 63 at FULLY CAPPED (con too :p) and ive done 8 epics and for each epic, done the missions to get the symps with them too......:mad: :mad: :(

tw@
27-09-03, 17:03
So there we have it! There is a sixth stat line apparently.
You dont necessary have to do epics, just things that add to all skills. This is intersting about the SSL, coz there is no official word on it. Maybe we can get an official word on it? =)

Rizzy
27-09-03, 17:06
Yeh my SSL on my tank is pretty high. 71 with filter 2 and a resistor chip. Ive done most epics and a few other missions :)

ericdraven
27-09-03, 17:09
Originally posted by alig
Im one to argue against that having the worst ranked tank in ALL neocron :mad:

Im rank 63 at FULLY CAPPED (con too :p) and ive done 8 epics and for each epic, done the missions to get the symps with them too......:mad: :mad: :(
Yes that's right.
And i have to tell you bad news - it SEEMS some chars are "resistent" against the sixth stat line.. o_O :p
No, serious.. my PPU mate has a nearly capped monk (INT95) and he did a few epics as well, and his average rank is NINE below mine.
Also - my constructor did a lot of very hard missions as well (in order to switch faction), and his average rank did not increase as well. And i never heard that "ding" for gaining a level on the sixth stat line, which you usually hear while doing missions.
I have no idea why this sixth statline is not working for some chars.. :confused:

alig
27-09-03, 17:12
I asked a GM months ago, he said pretty much, Useless information to me :rolleyes: ....he never said anything about sixth stat lines tho :(

*contacts GM to make me 'UN-resistent' to this apparent sixth stat line:p*

Kasumi
27-09-03, 17:12
I dont believe there is a 6th stat line.. theres a bigger chance of it being a bug.. than naything.. sense some people dont get the "ding" sometimes..

ericdraven
27-09-03, 17:30
Originally posted by Kasumi
I dont believe there is a 6th stat line.. theres a bigger chance of it being a bug.. than naything.. sense some people dont get the "ding" sometimes..
It's VERY easy to prove (and i did test it on the testserver).
Take a NEW char, he starts with 0 XP on the sixth statline. Now make missions and carefully write down the XP you get.
Once you exceed 884 XP you will get the first "ding" when you finish the mission.
Continue doing this. When you get your fifth "ding" your average rank will magically increase by 1.
As said before - tested and proved by myself.

Itth
27-09-03, 18:05
It's VERY easy to prove (and i did test it on the testserver).
Take a NEW char, he starts with 0 XP on the sixth statline. Now make missions and carefully write down the XP you get.
Once you exceed 884 XP you will get the first "ding" when you finish the mission.
Continue doing this. When you get your fifth "ding" your average rank will magically increase by 1.
As said before - tested and proved by myself.

w00t thats so cool

Vamil
27-09-03, 18:46
The Monk int Gain would be awesome but PPU's like me still have a fucked over rank. Right now I am 91/67 ***, Tell me how the fuck i can get xp with that Rank ???? Thanks to KK changing all APU ranks to make them lower, they still leave us PPU's swinging in the breeze.

ericdraven
27-09-03, 19:56
Originally posted by Vamil
The Monk int Gain would be awesome but PPU's like me still have a fucked over rank. Right now I am 91/67 ***, Tell me how the fuck i can get xp with that Rank ???? Thanks to KK changing all APU ranks to make them lower, they still leave us PPU's swinging in the breeze.
Buff the APU and he should get around 80. Works fine.

OTIS
27-09-03, 20:12
ya intel gain is crazy...its like all other skills now:D i'm actually seeing it move up i'm a happy ppu now:p

Cruzbroker
27-09-03, 21:23
Gratz.

I would be capped if I knew a good PPU!!!11oneoneone ;)

Well, monks exping not so special compared to spies, I did my rifle spy /55 in two days, /50 in one day...