PDA

View Full Version : Do the American / Canadian players matter to KK?

kira wolf
26-09-03, 20:36
Well I heard a rumor. Not an important one, but just a rumor. It had something to do with kamis getting spawned by GMs. I am usually on at 4 - 9 am GMT, since the kamis came out, me and my friend have been looking for them, we have not even seen one. Now.. not a big deal, if that was the case for all of the players, but it is not, players that are on prime time GMT (mostly European players) seem to have loads of these fabled chips, Americans = very few.

That is just the tip of the iceberg, and it pissed me off enough to actually post a thread. I may be totally off on the whole GM spawn thing, it is just a rumor after all, since KK likes to keep things like this secret from paying customers. This has been a big gripe of mine for a long time now, but I have had faith in the KK staff to fix it. This kami thing set me off.

FOR EXAMPLE; last night as my friend and I were looking for the mythical kamis, the server (Uranus) crashed around midnight(EST). The problem didn't seem to get looked at until the KK staff got up in the morning ( I gathered from the forums). I have to ask this question:

If this crash happened during "prime time" GMT would the problem be looked at immediately?

My answer: YES. Why? Because the KK staff is already up and at work, so the players that can get on at "prime time" have alot of advantages over than the ones that have to play during the "graveyard shift".

1.) Better GM support.
2.) More events.
3.) Better technical support.

But, there are so few of us American / Canadian / South American players that we aren't even a blip on the radar. How do I know we are so few? Has anyone ever looked at the populations after 3am GMT on Uranus & Pluto? They, for the most part are in the 60's and 70's, Uranus is worse. It never used to be that way. But since KK has seemed to stop caring about their western customers, a lot of us have left. I myself have stopped playing quite a bit. Our clan leader has pretty much quit the game. What was his words to me when I asked him why: "Because this game is dead for me until Reakktor decides to advertise and have better "western" support."

I agree.

Kira

Xin
26-09-03, 20:45
American players on Saturn miss a lot that's GM controlled.. the Saturn GMs hate their job, and I've only seen one on during American peak time (11PM EST is my guess for that).

The good thing is, we miss a lot of problems too. Since KK only fuck with the servers during their business hours, we're never on when the servers come down for maintenance, or patches applied, etc.

It's very bad that it's possible for a server to go down and noone at KK gets notified though. Server monitor software is.. well.. free. I wrote some in college, it's basic stuff to send an email to a pager when a server goes down.

Oath
26-09-03, 20:50
everyone matters in nc, even canadians :rolleyes: joking course.

i think we all feel that there are never any gms online, im still waiting on a reply aboot my probs *pun intentional*

im in uk, ive given up hope lol.

finaly,
everyone matters.

sorry, watchin sp the movie recently.

Dribble Joy
26-09-03, 20:57
I've only seen a GM twice on Uranus.
One time because (shock horror) they replyed to the clans problem.
And randomly in plaza 2 one evening (probably really late)

I hope they get some US GM's at some point. I hope the Kamis aren't GM spawn, partly cos that sucks and also due to Rule 15.

(competely OT)
Saw Callash on patch day, man that was funn3h, he came on trade channel for some reason, people slagged him off and called him a imposter. Regulator then called him a faggot.
I asked him where he was, nothing happens then suddenly a Copbot spawns next to me, and asks me to tell them it's him.
I do, he dissapears, then 'ARRGG GM in my apt help!! arg' from Regulator. Then 'He punched me!! wtf?'. We laughed.

hivemind
26-09-03, 20:59
/me waves...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Oath
26-09-03, 20:59
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I've only seen a GM twice on Uranus.
One time because (shock horror) they replyed to the clans problem.
And randomly in plaza 2 one evening (probably really late)

I hope they get some US GM's at some point. I hope the Kamis aren't GM spawn, partly cos that sucks and also due to Rule 15.

(competely OT)
Saw Callash on patch day, man that was funn3h, he came on trade channel for some reason, people slagged him off and called him a imposter. Regulator then called him a faggot.
I asked him where he was, nothing happens then suddenly a Copbot spawns next to me, and asks me to tell them it's him.
I do, he dissapears, then 'ARRGG GM in my apt help!! arg' from Regulator. Then 'He punched me!! wtf?'. We laughed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i remember that, someone asked if someone has rolled a noob and called him callash lol, noobs :p

/me waves...
poor Hive.

:(

Nidhogg
26-09-03, 21:13
No one can predict when a server is going to go down. If Uranus had gone down at midnight CET then it also would probably not have been fixed until the next morning. The flipside is that if Uranus had gone down at 3AM CET we would have been stuffed, but 3AM EST would have been looked at straight away.

As for the new mobs, they are spawned according to a specific pattern (which I wouldn't tell you even if I knew).

Finally, GM protocol demands that they remain invisible unless they need to communicate with a runner as part of the support process. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean that they aren't there.

N

kira wolf
26-09-03, 21:32
As for the new mobs, they are spawned according to a specific pattern (which I wouldn't tell you even if I knew).

Finally, GM protocol demands that they remain invisible unless they need to communicate with a runner as part of the support process. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean that they aren't there.

Forgive me for saying, that's pretty thin.

A specific pattern that GM's spawn? But how would we know.. they may be there they may not be, right?

*shrug*

Delloda
26-09-03, 21:38
actually mobs shouldn't even be gm spawned...they should be spawned like any other mob. the kami guys should be auto spawned but much less frequently and randomly in the doy area.

Viduus[JBX]
26-09-03, 21:41
*ahem*

Canadians ALWAYS matter to Europeans.
That's just "how it is".... :p

alig
26-09-03, 21:45
I think this works both ways kira wolf, if planetside went down at none working times in the US, the dude that runs planetsides show wouldnt come into work for the minority of the playerbase, its quite simple. Would u? i doubt it.

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 21:47
Originally posted by Delloda
actually mobs shouldn't even be gm spawned...they should be spawned like any other mob. the kami guys should be auto spawned but much less frequently and randomly in the doy area.

I agree. If it's GM spawned I can see some players getting "lucky" while others get screwed.

superfresh
26-09-03, 21:48
Actually, I'm on US Eastern time, evenings, as well. I wrote about this a couple days ago but didn't submit the post.

I asked around with a lot of the Saturn people I play with (hi, Eraserhead). Most of them missed out on the Larent thing. NONE of them have ever seen the Scorpion Queen, and many of us hit El Farid every night for a couple weeks. None of these folks have been able to spot the kamikazes either. While I was at work during the day, however, I read many posts by Europeans that were having a field day with these things.

"Special pattern" seems like, well, they don't spawn when players from the Western hemisphere are present.

It would be good to hear from a Westerner who plays at night and HAS seen these things...

I dig this game and try not to complain on the forums so I didn't submit my original post, but there ya go...

G.0.D.
26-09-03, 21:48
Im a canadian... and im used to being usless and unloved

Nullifidian
26-09-03, 21:55
As far as the GMs go, it varies. Some are American, some are German, some are British, some are Dutch, you get the idea.

As for KK, they don't bother paying any attention to any of the American requests. It's athe language barrier. Yes they all know English, but they are more comfortable speaking, reading, and typing German. So they only read the German boards, and they only post on the German boards. So the only way you can get any kind of response from them is if you speak German.

VVerevvolf
26-09-03, 22:01
Null, you are posting totally bullshit, but I noticed many ppl in the english forum do so, and Im getting tired of correcting them.

msdong
26-09-03, 22:05
total bullshit,
my clan mate camped the whole GERMAN afternoon for Kamis and dont find even on ... so its a real special pattern. maybe the love the russians more :D

j/k

i think there is an even number of GM on in every Timezone even if uranus seems to be out of time :)

yes we care aboot canadians to and redneck americans :P

(SP uncut rocks)

"Special pattern" seems like, well, they don't spawn when players from the Western hemisphere are present.

ah hey cool thats why no german in our clan found a kami chip until now :D

Roc-a-fella
26-09-03, 22:09
UHH us canadian chars dont matter, we all play the same game we all get the same material

Nullifidian
26-09-03, 22:10
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
Null, you are posting totally bullshit, but I noticed many ppl in the english forum do so, and Im getting tired of correcting them.

Really, when was the last time the English speaking community got something they asked for that the German community didn't ask for?

Now look at the last time the German community got something they asked for.

The German community gets catered to constantly. I'm not referring to events. I'm referring to balance changes, items, etc. I'm talking about requests for code changes. KK listens to the Germans all the time for the smallest shit and only pays attention to the English speaking community when the entire community threatens to quit all at once in a very very loud voice.

Spoon
26-09-03, 22:13
Originally posted by Delloda

I also agree...
NO mobs should be GM spawned...zero...nada...zip....zlitch....

Hopefully in a coming Neocronicle they will give out clues to the way Kami's spawn....

@Nidhogg or other Mods..
Any chance of getting a list of GM's and their locations?...:angel:

@msdong
Not all Americans are rednecks, just the ones that live south of the Ohio river, us northerners are yankees'.....:lol:

superfresh
26-09-03, 22:15
Originally posted by msdong

Long hours of gaming in a dark room have paled my neck.

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 22:16
Well I remember when a member of the community said the german community is better than the english community, then he said maybe it's because german SOCIETY and people as a whole are better and more well-mannered/civil than the American people. It dissapointed me that the mods thought nothing was wrong with that statement, and one of them even agreed with it.

Nullifidian
26-09-03, 22:17
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Well I remember when a member of the community said the german community is better than the english community, then he said maybe it's because german SOCIETY and people as a whole are better and more well-mannered/civil than the American people. It dissapointed me that the mods thought nothing was wrong with that statement, and one of them even agreed with it.

The mods aren't KK employees.

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 22:18
Originally posted by Nullifidian
The mods aren't KK employees.

DUH, give me some credit. :p

I was just stating that I don't think comments like that should be allowed, I remmeber anti german comments of a similar nature were edited.

Spoon
26-09-03, 22:19
Originally posted by Nullifidian
Really, when was the last time the English speaking community got something they asked for that the German community didn't ask for?

Possibly, one thing I could think of, is more mid-level mobs...
We now have Regents Mutants, they fit the bill as a mid-level mob...
Not to sure if the Germans were as vocal as us about them...

VVerevvolf
26-09-03, 22:24
I think you can't read german, that's why you keep complaining.
If you could read german, you would see many germans complaining about the lack of information, and they keep asking why very often the english community knows something before the german community gets the information.
So I think that's something that will never stop :D

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 22:25
What about the french community? I never hear anything about them. :D :D :p

VVerevvolf
26-09-03, 22:28
Well, that may be due to the fact, no1 understands their funny language :lol:

superfresh
26-09-03, 22:34
Back to the original topic - has anyone from North or South America seen these mobs at night? What about the Scorpion Queen?

kira wolf
26-09-03, 22:35
I think this works both ways kira wolf, if planetside went down at none working times in the US, the dude that runs planetsides show wouldnt come into work for the minority of the playerbase, its quite simple. Would u? i doubt it.

I think your wrong man. Sony has their shit together.

Would I? If it was my job to? What to you think?

DonnyJepp
26-09-03, 23:05
Originally posted by superfresh

It would be good to hear from a Westerner who plays at night and HAS seen these things...

I play in mountain standard time (GMT -7) and I have seen (and killed) a Scorpion queen, it was sunday night, weekend before last, roughly 7-8pm local time.

hnlecter
26-09-03, 23:48
No, we don't just our money.

Clothing_Option
26-09-03, 23:55
Originally posted by kira wolf
[BBut, there are so few of us American / Canadian / South American players that we aren't even a blip on the radar. How do I know we are so few? Has anyone ever looked at the populations after 3am GMT on Uranus & Pluto? They, for the most part are in the 60's and 70's, Uranus is worse. It never used to be that way. But since KK has seemed to stop caring about their western customers, a lot of us have left. I myself have stopped playing quite a bit. Our clan leader has pretty much quit the game. What was his words to me when I asked him why: "Because this game is dead for me until Reakktor decides to advertise and have better "western" support."

Kira [/B]

South AMerican Player you have to be joking I've never met anyone from there ingame. But your right about the USA/CAN playerbase problem. The game is dead but think of it this way you get to know the pple who are on --even enemys alot better--
I had a 20 min convo with a guy who is actually an arch enemy last night OOC hes not evil but we actually talked about similar probs you have mentioned including the loss of players. I couldnt believe there was a time when there where 700 pple on pluto
which ive read in other threads
I started in may and it was already at 250 peak population

Clothing_Option
27-09-03, 00:02
I agree. If it's GM spawned I can see some players getting "lucky" while others get screwed.

Your absolutly right and you are gettng screwed screwed screwd

PS do GMs follow pple around in game?

Clothing_Option
27-09-03, 00:04

Overall its probaly true
but we can kick sie germans asses
Remember Nurenberg?
thank you,

Clothing_Option
27-09-03, 00:05
What about the french community? I never hear anything about them. :D :D :p

They are French they wouldnt condecend to talk your boorish american ass

Kugero
27-09-03, 00:07
has anyone from North or South America seen these mobs at night? What about the Scorpion Queen

2 weeks ago on Sunday at approximately 6pm EST saw and helped kill the Scorpion Queen. Hadn't been to the pits since they got closed down so many weeks ago. Joined and followed a 2 man team down and there she was.

Haven't been back to the pits since ...

msdong
27-09-03, 00:08

thread little drifting apart .....

canadians do...:D

well btw - we have searched another 2 hours for kami and did not found one - rebbelrebbel bitch bitch - i demant a kami as a german player :D

DarkPhoenix
27-09-03, 00:25

Thats shittiest thing I've ever heard. :mad:

I would make fun of the German language, but It's cool and Im learning it... :p

Omnituens
27-09-03, 00:32
Originally posted by Clothing_Option

need a way to check that

i sense another OmniWarez approaching....

Oath
27-09-03, 00:34
Originally posted by Nidhogg
No one can predict when a server is going to go down. If Uranus had gone down at midnight CET then it also would probably not have been fixed until the next morning. The flipside is that if Uranus had gone down at 3AM CET we would have been stuffed, but 3AM EST would have been looked at straight away.

N

I quote nirvana 'territorial pissings'

"Just because your paranoid, dont mean theyre not after you"

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if theyve had reports of you exploiting then its been known to happen.

lullysing
27-09-03, 00:44

Sorry to lay on you like that nidd, since you a good guy, but what you just said is absolutly, positively, complete bollocks. Mission critical servers in ANY IT infrastructure should have someone ( probably a sysadmin or network engineer) on PAGER DUTY in case things hit the fan. And if the pager boy can't fix it, he should have some kind of way of reaching the other techies so this can get looked at ASAP.

I work in an ISP, and, like you, we make money off our servers. People can't connect, people get bad service or unstable connections, they leave for the competition : Same thing for you.

The time and date is no excuse. Someone should have been carrying the pager(s). I mean, it's not like NONE of the GMs or late night support staff never noticed something was acting funky, no?

Nidhogg
27-09-03, 01:51
Clothing_Option, 4 posts back-to-back in ten minutes is so far outside the rules I can't even see it. I've warned you about this before so the next time it happens action will be taken.

For everyone else, please keep this thread on topic.

N

Oath
27-09-03, 02:19

i think i said something like that too, maybe thats what i said exactly i cant remember, but (in neocron at least) i feel the german community is better. i wouldnt say they are a better society as i've never lived in germany so in honesty i couldnt know, i think the english community is ever improving though and one-day perhaps we'll grow out of the ONOZ GIMP MONKS NERF SHIT, or at least (as the germans do) make it less obvious :lol: :lol: :lol:

if anyones offened by my opinions please tell me, i apologise in advance if i cause offence by this, but its my opinion.

oath, knackerd at 1:13 am.

Indrid Cold
27-09-03, 02:45
My two cents:

I think the combination of time zones and language barriers make support for US / Canadian players very lax. Often times I felt cheated because I would have to wait a day (in one case two weeks) for support. And all GM pages were put off until they were awake in thier GMT timezone. I would also like to point out that *ALL* of my GM pages for real problems never advanced in the line. I would have to wait a day or two till a GM logged on and looked at the help requests. This hurts thier North American customer base. The whole time after requests and forums posts about how the game could be improved, I felt like I was ignored. They seem to favor the german forums more ( a small amount of understandability), but if you're going to market to the US you better support us.

Rant:

I keep an eye on these forums, because I really hope to come back. This game is absolutly, hands down, the buggiest game I've ever played. As far as MMORPGs are concerned, I've moved to greener pastures, and the game I play now, has NEVER crashed, client or server, and it's been two months (even while watching a 300+ person battle). If neocron can fix the stability, balance, and actually start caring about it's non german customers, they'll be able to scoop up more people willing to play.

And for the KK is a small company argument. As far as I'm concerned, NeoCron OWES me for lost game time, rollbacks, and frustrations.

(p.s. I'm still paying for my brothers account every month, so technically I can still post)

Sunnmann
27-09-03, 03:01
Originally posted by lullysing
Sorry to lay on you like that nidd, since you a good guy, but what you just said is absolutly, positively, complete bollocks. Mission critical servers in ANY IT infrastructure should have someone ( probably a sysadmin or network engineer) on PAGER DUTY in case things hit the fan. And if the pager boy can't fix it, he should have some kind of way of reaching the other techies so this can get looked at ASAP.

I work in an ISP, and, like you, we make money off our servers. People can't connect, people get bad service or unstable connections, they leave for the competition : Same thing for you.

The time and date is no excuse. Someone should have been carrying the pager(s). I mean, it's not like NONE of the GMs or late night support staff never noticed something was acting funky, no?

I believe in alot of what was said here. I work in Automation for Intel Corp. and we have many servers that run 24/7 just like game servers (except when maint is due). Even we have a 24/7 pager system called our On Call pager that gets tossed around each week and when something goes wrong on the weekends or after we leave (intel runs 24/7 on the production and manufacturing floors) the person that is On Call for that week should call back within 15 mins of the page. If a server goes down, or has trouble of any kind, we get a page.

I am not trying to restart a yelling session, just stating that anytime you have something where servers and PAYING customers are involved, you should have an On Call procedure in place that works. I hope that KK has something in place like this also.

IronMonkey
27-09-03, 03:31
Originally posted by msdong
total bullshit,

I am not even going to even get into it with you. I don't appreciate this 'joke' at all. Nor do i imagine you would, if i would have said the equivlent of where you came from. Please leave your bias at the door. This is a international game. Stuff like this is uncalled for.

superfresh
27-09-03, 03:34
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
I play in mountain standard time (GMT -7) and I have seen (and killed) a Scorpion queen, it was sunday night, weekend before last, roughly 7-8pm local time.

Good ta hear. Haven't been waiting around for nothing. Please disregard my original post here...

superfresh
27-09-03, 03:38
Originally posted by IronMonkey
I am not even going to even get into it with you. I don't appreciate this 'joke' at all. Nor do i imagine you would, if i would have said the equivlent of where you came from. Please leave your bias at the door. This is a international game. Stuff like this is uncalled for.

I seriously doubt he meant genuine offence by that comment. Anyway I got a chuckle out of it.

ichinin
27-09-03, 05:02
What do you do as a GM?

I'm a europeean (CET) with a timezone problem (i even talk to people from west coast north america if that say something)

So, if it's not 100% work (as in i can still play the game) i'm intrested.. (PM)

msdong
27-09-03, 07:04
Originally posted by IronMonkey

sorry if this against anyone personal i forget the ironie tags.
this is how feel when im reading this thread because everyone accuse me (the german player) of getting better service, more love and getting all the stuff for free.
german players are not bound to jupiter and a lot of us playing on uranus or saturn getting the same service.

oh btw. i never hear anyone complain about ppl from belgium italy norway netherlands poland austria ... getting "more love" because they play at CET hours so it all seems to me like the classic and senseless anti german stuff from the forum.

Mankind
27-09-03, 11:20
N

Why wouldn't you tell us? Because it's not your position or because you aren't allowed to? I don't see why these things are being so 'hidden' to people when pretty much only one or two classes have a good use for it. My clan leader was trading his Rifle one for 2 MC5 chips. How's that for more of a f'ked up economy? These things are meant for mid level characters, since the requirements are of a 60 main stat. That being said, with the example above, no mid level character will own one unless he has a high level alt. I'm done talking about that.

Thanks

Thanatos
27-09-03, 17:35
Kamis aren't spawned manually by GMs. Custom spawn patterns have been scripted. If you don't find any, you're just out of luck, it's not because you're american or asian or whatever...

Vamil
27-09-03, 19:09
Man Fuck patterns, Christ now I know why I went back to Playing EQ. Patterns may be all cool and all but FFS there should be some kind of story or message in a zone that says " Beware the kami's of doy's army are around" I mean give us a fucking break here. You really want us to just run around doy area for eternity to find these chips hoping we'll waste enough time til the real "Doy" comes out???? If that ever really does.... :wtf:

On Topic with this original post, I'm in Hiveminds and kira's clan on Uranus. I 100% aggree with kira here, us US and Canadian players (who are an Enormous amount of customers if the product was advertised). I feel that Euro time players get better treatment and over all more content. Do I think thats wrong? Hell yes I do, Customer service should be #1 in KK's Eyes. Especially to timezones like US/Northamerica Where theres 10X the people interested in games like this.

As I mentioned earlier I went back to playing EQ again cause this game bores the shiznit out of me. As an example of great customer service from Verant interactive...

I had just Downloaded the patches for all the expansions I missed, got used to the controls again and started running around familiarizing with zones. I went to all the elemental planes and even time it self, as soon as i zoned into the plane of earth though i locked up. Funny, never had that happen before, so i just rebooted and logged back in. Well when i logged back in I ended up dead due to the crash. I did the standard /Petition format and contacted a GM. No more than an hour later a GM spawned at my body and rezzed me at 2 am EST.

I've sent an email about 11 times about something here in neocron that i have been noticing but have I gotten a reply back ?? no... not a one, only been over 2 and a half weeks though, i'll give it a month i guess. Or til my account expires in a week.

trigger hurt
27-09-03, 19:41
I have seen the scorpion queen twice. Of course, it was 3am where I was. I have not seen a kami mob yet. And I was just running around a few minutes ago out in those sectors. The other day, I had the day off, I spent about 6 hours running around K 11 --> K 16

StoneRayne
27-09-03, 22:09
Invisible GM is a useless one.

If you showed up much more people would stop harrassing you a lot because you're such a celebrity.
And it would be a little more help to the community if you stopped being Invis.

kira wolf
28-09-03, 08:24
Kamis aren't spawned manually by GMs. Custom spawn patterns have been scripted. If you don't find any, you're just out of luck, it's not because you're american or asian or whatever...

Thank you Thanatos. You at least gave a specific answer. Much appreciated.

Still dosen't excuse the lack of help western players get on the above issues.

QuantumDelta
28-09-03, 09:08
Heh, Uranus was never particularly GM Active imo.

However, in all my time on Uranus I've seen over 20 different GMs.

I have actually seen most of those at 2am ish GMT....so meh....
I'm not even gonna comment on the spawn comment :P

KRIMINAL99
28-09-03, 21:48

N

yeah or that could be a really convenient way to hide the fact that they are hardly ever on lol...