PDA

View Full Version : err devs, how is putting my post count to 0 supposed to make me STOP spamming?

Cryotchekk
26-09-03, 17:11
so after my 85 hour '72 hour' ban (i should get compensation for that!) i see my posts count is 0, but how is that supposed to make me stop spamming? i only put +1 to one simple little thread that the mods could of deleted thus removing the +1 to posts i gained. i wont spam back up to like 900 posts but for people who do spam more than me will spam their way make to their old post count.

i felt at least 90% of my posts were proper (in my eyes) and no1 every accused me of spamming, nor did i get any warnings, but i see plenty of flames and flame baiting wich goes ignored. do the forum mods have to be that petty to enforce their 'law'

(ps. i felt as if i did not SPAM as such, but mostly posted crap for the hell of it, i dont really care about posts counts)

Dream
26-09-03, 17:19
That's always the way it is....you could post the most decent stuff, hell 99.9% of the time and it just takes that one little post that they don't like :rolleyes: then it's: "banned" hahahaha

do what i do and post maybe once a year :p hahahaha

Psycho_Soldier
26-09-03, 17:19
The devs didnt reset your post count. It was the mods. They made a rule saying that if you posted +1 then your post count would be reset. You broke the rule, dont whine about it.

icarium
26-09-03, 17:22
and thats why we should get rid of post counts entirely

\\Fényx//
26-09-03, 17:24
Well I seem to have got away with it :p :D

anyway ahem .... +........ +....... uh better not :eek: 8|

only joking....

but seriously, what _is_ up with making peoples post counts 0? Just gonna make em wanna spam more to get it back up :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
26-09-03, 17:25
Questions to mods should be made using Private Messaging, but since you asked...

You were warned that spamming will result in a 3 day ban from the forums and a post count reset.

You spammed.

You were banned from the forums for 3 days and your post count was reset.

That's about it.

N

Garm
26-09-03, 17:28
The forum rules have been stated time and time again. These rules have not changed much in YEARS. We do not ask much from our forum users. If you consistantly break the forum rules, expect to be banned. If you post things like +1 and have been warned that this could result in a post count reset, then expect it.

There seems to be a growing trend of the same users breaking the rules consistantly. This will no longer be allowed.

Put simply, break the rules over and over, you will no longer post on here.

If you have an issue with the way things have been done concerning a moderator, PM Odin or one of the Lead Mods.

--Garm

***EDIT*** This post also shows that Nidhogg can type ALOT faster than me.