PDA

View Full Version : Non-OP GRs and Extra ASGs

-FN-
26-09-03, 16:01
KK has added an ASG to I_16 since they implemented the new OP/GR rules. That's it.

BEFORE this patch was put in, we were told on the forums, by GMs in game, we were ASSURED that more non-OP GRs would be added, as would ASGs so that we could still move around the NC world. Maybe not as freely as before, but it would still be more possible.

Even the existing "public" GRs are still phuct up. The owners of Cycrow get to control the CRP GR.

The only "public" GR there is is Point Red, El Farid, and Escuador Oasis.

Thanks to this failed promise by KK, OP maps end up looking like this:

http://www.synergyxr.net/files/shot0217.jpg

CityFriendly runners can't get anywhere without having VEH skill in the south and west while AntiCity runners don't see much of the north and east. I know many people will retort with the "well take some OPs then, blah blah blah" argument, but they don't get my point and that's fine.

Many of us went up in arms against this worldchange, but when we were told of the new public GRs and additional ASGs, we felt it would be ok. Now it's been so long, I feel like KK has just brushed this under the carpet and assumes everyone is fine with getting around. While I have a hover and I have no problems, not everyone can afford to put points in VHC. New players may never see zones because they will never get out that far, and when they do and tag a GR, they'll never get to use it again.

There should be a public GR every 2-3 zones from right to left and the same with up to down on the map. ASGs should be in between these points. Maybe not that mathematically pretty, but ffs, ADD WHAT YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO ADD IN THE FIRST PLACE! The world map could be so much more dynamic than eastside/westside, but it needs some facilitating for it to happen.

Marx
26-09-03, 16:05
I can get around fairly easy with just these GR's.

El Farid
MB
TH
TG

I don't mind running a tad, with 70 ath/agi and fiarly high endurance I get can anywhere comparitively quickly.

icarium
26-09-03, 16:40
i agree, i have given up tagging GR's, there is NO point, as 99% of the time you try to gr to it its locked anyway, so y bother running all that way?

5 stars. we need more "public" GR's

msdong
26-09-03, 16:58
hmm, the first thing that come to my mind is why isnt the PRO CA able to hold the ops in front of their city or @ least in front of MB ???

second question is why blame KK when you "friends" suck and dont open Tezla for traveling ??? the whole north belong to PRO CA with lots of fire mobs to loot rares from.

ok but u i agree in the point that Desert racetrack should own a GR.

EDIT:

but thats only ONE more GR...

jernau
26-09-03, 17:10
Well said -FN-.

Nothing more to add really.

Smugly
26-09-03, 17:57
Pro City Admin factions can't hold those OP's because they simply aren't strong enough numerically. With the relative fall of NDA, the crippling of BRTF and god knows what else I can't remember a time pro Neocron forces were weakest.

Frankly I think the biggest cock up with this whole system is the three hacker rule. You can't even begin to take back an OP unless you can find three hackers first. Not always easy to find hackers of that quality, especially on a place like pluto where many characters aren't willing to take the gimpage extra hack necessitates.

The second biggest problem is geography. With American players ruling the world pretty much when me and my European colleagues are off line, what's the bloody point? Even if I do get three hackers together and do win the Outpost, American players will walk in take the outpost and theres sod all I can do about it. To those who say "get your own Americans". Sure, you try leading people who only ever see you at weekends or a few minutes before you log off because of time zone differences. I'm not slagging North Americans, or any one else for that matter off, I'm just simply stating the facts as I see them.

Frankly, I'm not interested in OP combat, but because of it, my enjoyment and access to the world is severely hampered. MB and TH Gr's are far too easily camped by hostile factions to be considered "safe" GR zones. I just want more GR's and ASG's so I can get around the world as I want to, as FN said, as we were promised.

Disturbed021
26-09-03, 18:00
YES! They need to add just a couple more GRs and maybe one more Vhc depot and the wastes would once again become pretty damned kewl.

Redburn
26-09-03, 21:59
Yes more NON-OP GR's are needed.....

The only "public" GR there is is Point Red, El Farid, and Escuador Oasis. BTW FN you forgot Chest Village.

If KK added one at Desert raceway, Battle dome, sherman's point?, the Crahn church twewalken village "spelling" and at the building one zone south of Yutano mine OP that would be a step in the right direction of giving the runner a good net of GR's that would have them walking along way out-of-your way to get to places.

Can't think of any other places to have a GR

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 22:17
I agree Redburn.

Spoon
26-09-03, 22:29
I said this before:
I'd like to see open GR's at:
Desert Race Track
Greycore OP
I_16 (where the new ASG is)
Calida Village
and maybe Battledome

Someone should sift these new GR threads and come up with a list of the most wanted locations and make a poll with 9 or 10 options....

Also..
I've said this before but, I think KK maybe having trouble coding new GR's into the game.
I think the last 3 GR's put into the game have all been bugged at one point, if not still bugged....

Redburn
26-09-03, 23:27
I did find one thing that bugged me is that the GR at El Farid is not working, you try and click on it and all you get is "can't reach item" good thing Yutano is one zone away.

I'll post on the brain port if no one else has yet.

All we are asking is that a few more GR be added not to have one added every other zone.

Heraclitus
26-09-03, 23:28
Isn't Escador Oasis broken or did the patch fix it? Even if the patch fixed it, it broke El Farid. You can GR there but you can't tag it.

Q`alooaith
27-09-03, 00:24
I can think of at least 7 puplic GR's.. yes I'm counting MB, TH and TG..

But look at it like this.. with the placment of public GR's you can get near anywhere you need to, MB give's you the north west, TH central area's.. TG the east..

El Farid give's you the northwest..

We don't need more GR's, and if you ask the owning clan most time's they'll let you though if you ask nicly..

Remember, you can go anywhere and hunt anytime you like, but the GR changes should inspire you not to return to the city each time you go out, but to log out in the wastlands and log back in and stay out a bit longer..

Now if op's had always been lockable, then you'd not worry about it, as VHC skill would be the norm, and you'd be used to it..

Give it time, get some VHC skill..

BTW, saturn's world map looked worse than that at some points anti city held almost all the op's, only a strong CM precence near MB forced them back from there, TH also held near the DoY gates.. while near the city was all TG and crahn and others.. things change, find some clans try and form an allance aganst the anti city.. take the op's, don't complain if you don't try.

Marx
27-09-03, 00:57
Now if op's had always been lockable, then you'd not worry about it, as VHC skill would be the norm, and you'd be used to it..

Exactly.

Its not that it makes life more difficult, it makes it different (better in my opinion.) and instead of adapting people waste their time complaining.

From the public GR's that are around now - you can get anywhere on the map within 4 or 5 minutes. Don't give me that 'onoz! think of teh n00bs' bull, because all the n00b (not experienced players rerolling) leveling areas are near public GR's.

I'm all for new public GR's in certain areas, but I say only add 2 to 4.

Because if there is a similar number of non-OP GR's, whats the point of holding OP's in strategic areas?

Clothing_Option
27-09-03, 01:32
Originally posted by Smugly
Pro City Admin factions can't hold those OP's because they simply aren't strong enough numerically. With the relative fall of NDA, the crippling of BRTF and god knows what else I can't remember a time pro Neocron forces were weakest.

Frankly I think the biggest cock up with this whole system is the three hacker rule. You can't even begin to take back an OP unless you can find three hackers first. Not always easy to find hackers of that quality, especially on a place like pluto where many characters aren't willing to take the gimpage extra hack necessitates.

The second biggest problem is geography. With American players ruling the world pretty much when me and my European colleagues are off line, what's the bloody point? Even if I do get three hackers together and do win the Outpost, American players will walk in take the outpost and theres sod all I can do about it. To those who say "get your own Americans". Sure, you try leading people who only ever see you at weekends or a few minutes before you log off because of time zone differences. I'm not slagging North Americans, or any one else for that matter off, I'm just simply stating the facts as I see them.

Frankly, I'm not interested in OP combat, but because of it, my enjoyment and access to the world is severely hampered. MB and TH Gr's are far too easily camped by hostile factions to be considered "safe" GR zones. I just want more GR's and ASG's so I can get around the world as I want to, as FN said, as we were promised.

and the answer to the OP holding problem is simply more players which pple hve been talking about for months

And there should be more ASGs
not necessarily grs so pple who cant take the op in a region can either run or use veh

FirestarXL
27-09-03, 01:37
I agree, the adding of non op GR's and extra ASG's were put forward as an arguement as to why GR ownership would work out. Yet here we are, greneps locked out, no extra ones placed, and one extra ASG (in some arse end of nowhere spot useless to all (i16 if I remember)).

Here's what I reckon would at least help.

The ASG in i16 moved to k15 (accessible to escador GR)
An ASG added to J10 (El Farid)
A genrep and ASG added to J06
A genrep added to G11 (desert racetrack)