PDA

View Full Version : Improving snipers and scopes

Mirco
26-09-03, 14:33
Here`s an idea.

Dunno if it is possible, but I ll just post it here.

Got this idea while droning. As it is possible to change viewpoint and move around regardless of position as a droner, why not use this to go around the clipping distance and improve scopes and sniping.

When you activate the scope "you" and your view is moved instantly like 300 meters in forward direction. Turning your view will let your view rotate 300 meters around you in a wide circle.

Thats it. Come to think of it, I think I might have read something similar in brainport once, not sure. If I stole someones idea here, it wasnt my intention at all.

CryptoChronic
26-09-03, 14:42
anything would be better than the current zoom system... something about it is just not right

\\Fényx//
26-09-03, 14:43
Not a bad idea, but, I think thats how it's currently done, but because the server recognises your meatstack as 300 meters behind your viewpoint thats why the clippings still there.

Would be a bloody good thing to add in though

Mirco
26-09-03, 15:34
Woot, if what you are saying is right Fenyx, they must fix this ASAP Zulu. Pls KK pls

Neo LoneWolf
26-09-03, 16:34
AFIAA, the current scope does the standard FPS method of reducing your field of vision to a smaller angle[0]. Curiously, this is quite a close manner to how a scope actually does work IRL. I would have to presume the sniper rifles use the same method.

Although moving the point of observation seems a good idea, there are a few issues that it throws up.

1) Your FOV - either it gets reduced, as with the curent set up, and the zoom is even more effective (and a little odd), or you have a standard FOV (the same as you normally have) at that point, which would feel so, so wrong. The sniper rifle black circle deals with this, however - it enables the setting to retain it's standard FOV, while still reducing the area seen.

2) Anything in between your body and the point of observation will not be seen - Not a lot that can be done about this.

[0] When your FOV is set to something like 30 degrees, but the entire screen is still used, everything within those 30 degrees looks bigger