PDA

View Full Version : NC = Addictive bull[Edited to poo poo]

8ball(saturn)
26-09-03, 06:08
*WARNING EXTREMELY LONG AND LITTERED WITH MISSPELLINGS*
Ive been playing NC since beta and I've come across a few problems that have remained in this game through out its short life...

FIRST of all the most noticeable one....

Custom content:

This can range from the color of skin and vehicles... to clothing... to appartments. I have seen NONE....
You know how you can tell this is a problem? When you see Tripplets in Plaza 1 Med center in Neocron who are not only not in the same factions/clans to BEGIN with... but dont even know each other!! When I first read the FAQ and description of NC ages ago, I was under the impression that this will be either as customizable as a game like asherons call or better. I mean.. cmon man, the custom content problem is worse than DAOC.. and that is BAD, trust me.

The Apartments are another story... so many problems rest with it. The first one.. they all look the SAME.. LITERALLY... isnt the unique thing about apts suppose to be its unique capability?? In AC, for example people would buy their houses (I owned a decent house, myself), get rare objects and normal things such as couches and fireplaces, rugs, paintings, lamps, ect, and decorate their homes to their hearts content. From what I understand, we were suppose to have that capability as well..with dynamic objects and such..that was taken away.. no way to customize. There for, all the apts look the same.. I can and have gone in strangers homes..they all look the same.. if they are the same type they are the SAME type.. get it? No way to make your apt uniuqe and add to the game.

The same is with the looks of vehicles and such but its not such a big deal for this... but they still all look the same all of them.. ive seen mass ammounts of vehicles all in a pile when going out hunting with groups.. all the same colors each type is the same. Even the little blue speedbikes... cmon though.... the whole damn city has blue speedbikes can i get a red or silver one for change? How about the ability to paint it and put my name on the sides so if u see my bike and u still try to approach it ull know the consequences? :D

Neocron....the real "twin city":

THE most annoying problem...no...epidemic.. is in the character department.. I never knew neocrons intentions were to make racial clothing.. only PSi can wear cloaks? and only cloaks?? So my PE cant run around in a nice looking cloak or one of those nice suits that spies like to wear? How about those muscle shirts that tanks wear.. can my weak pe put it on and look just a LITTLE stronger than what he is? NO!!! NO NO NO!! and NO!!!!! But in the FAQ and description, when they described the people and NPCs of NC didnt they say that there will be gang members and people walking around the city, buisnessmen dressed in suits and blah blah blah... nope

but isnt a typical BUISNESSMAN more than likely a private eye, who is suppose to be the average citizen? Spies arent buisnessmen, they dont own a buisness, they hack... who the HELL hacks in suits and sunglasses?

Faces bug the hell out of me even more.. I hate seeing my identical twins running around in morpheus like small-lensed sunglasses and cheap PE clothes whos only difference is a darker blue than mine. I know there is a way to add more facial models into the game and find a way to implement it so that once its added in the patch, when u click ur character to log in, it will ask if you would like to edit his looks since there are new models..
or if needed put a facial feature system in the city similar to rokkawear... (which is shockling similar to "Roc-a-Wear" clothing).
Another problem that clearly stands out in the neocron world.

====SYNCRONIZING====

====SYNCRONIZING====

*error connecting to New World*

What the hell is the problem with syncronizing OUT the game instead of to the next zone? This problem has become something more than one.. especially after patches 188 and 189.. and beleive me, i have asked people and the syncing rate has skyrocketed to unimaganiable rates ever since those 2 patches, which, by the way delievered nothing on saturn accept for the Syncing Demon. I know you guys have the technology to find ways around this annoying ass problem. If not.. then play the game.. once u get used to having to log in every 3 zones then you'll find ways around it. You guys are smart, afterall you made an mmorg that isnt as boring as AC and as repetative as daoc (pvp wise).

Last but not least is the ROPOS or hud or whatever the hell its called... so many annooying things that need to be changed... like the scrollbar... see the arrows onthe scroll bars on the right of ur internet explorer? see those arrows that point up and down? those need to be in NC because its easy to miss messages grabbing that big ass line and using it as a scroll arrow. Also is there some way you can press R or something to respond to directs other than pressing alt+c 4 or 5 times to get to direct/faciton/clan/local/buddy? How about a /clan "text" or a /direct -You "text" ?? Not that I've heard of. If its there, then I'm sorry for not noticing it.

O I almost forgot.. the sounds... good LORD they are horrible.. you know sounds are horrible when 85% of the games population turns the sound completely off to play. I mean damn most of the sounds remind me of my old genesis. The explosions all sound the same.. from the weakest grenade to a multi-ton troop carrier blowing up. All this is forcing people to play with sounds off, which puts them at a risk of being hit while not paying attention and not even knowing it.. which brings me to the last thing... no character sounds??? I fall off a tower and hit the ground.. he remains silent.. he gets beat half to death and shot at with lasers... no scream or slight sound....
he gets posioned and burned.. no choking or screaming/ grunting.

I know im not the only one when I ask that you guys reconsider some of these things asap, because these are the key things that will decide NCs fate in the future. PvP is good.. but when thats all the game is based off, and theres no real improvments in it, itself.. it will eventually die and people will leave. And one thing that is helping that is LE chips.. people run around in LE chips when they go outside because they are afraid of getting shot at when that is one of the points in this FIRST PERSON =====>SHOOTER<==== rpg game. Put something extremely negative on that chip that will make people want to consider taking that annoying ass chip off later on.

Like I suggested please take the time to fix some of these problems... other than that, this game is addictive as hell...
and you KNOW your addticted of you just wasted minutes of your life that you will NEVER EVER....EVER...EVER (ever) get back in your tiny, minute, pathetic lives (sorry...thats the tyrant speaking), reading my um.."findings".. now post on topic or go fu..o hi mr. admin :D

Clyde
26-09-03, 06:56
i feel your bitching also. this should be called the bitching thread cause imma bout to also bitch about the samethings you are but worded differently basicly.

Why cant we have more customizable chars, coats shirts kicks everything. I remember back at the end of beta they said retail would bring more gear, WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR GEAR. how hard could it be to make some more outfits, shoes.

Why doesnt hair on a female char move? is it that hard to adds a little swaying action when they are standing still, or even when they run?

Which reminds me that when running in first person which your psi glove out, why doesnt it move, but it moves when your standing still WTF! also why in first person does it only show you punching with 1 fist, CHANGE IT UP

why is it that there isnt all players WALKING! I remember seeing in a old neocron video, people was walking, but not now, everyone looks like they are running when they are actually walking (tested it myself with bonnies computer)

why and i do mean why isnt there any copbots patrolling? is it that hard to make them go from point a to b and back to a? the only 2 npcs in the game that ive seens actually walk by themselves was in noob mc5, the one dude kepted walking back and forth which i thought was killer and the other dude kepted looking at me wherever i went, he would walk up to me, run away, bust corners, jump down this ledge and even duck when i ducked, but he never took his eye off me which i thought was kinda funny and it would be tight if there was just npc like chars that walked around the city, heading to places or just out for a walk.

You mean to tell me that in the future, there is not 1 single park like area in the city? i mean we got scientist making fuckin bone reinforcements, but not one little park where a person can go and catch some fresh air?

WTF happened to the cyber mall district. why must there be stores in every damn sector, why not put them all in that mystic cybermall zone.

Why can sitting down speed up healing, psi pool, stamina regeneration, Synthetic impairment (of any sort such as GRing or loming), cstr/rep/ress and any other type of prossesor usage or the drug fuzz. GIVE US A REASON TO USE THE AMPLE AMMOUNT OF SEATS IN THIS GAME, for other than just sitting for the fuck of it.

Make more use of our char info such as birthdate, blood type and even eyecolor. Why not just make implants dependant on them. Why not when we get low on health we bleed in which we loose small ammounts of hlt (MONEY SINK!). change medikits from healing to stopping the bleeding (comon now, how the fuck are you gonna get all the blood you lost back (hlt) from slappin a bandaid on). Then you can have medicare and medicare ONLY sell like the IV lookin things of blood and have them different blood types, some cost a bit more than others (not much, just by a few credits).

Why cant we get deseases of any type 0_o, you can tie that to the implants where the lower quality the higher chance of you getting -5 body health or sta, or kinda like the drug effect but without the fuzzy screen where you like stumble randomly, or you take longer to aim. MAKE IMPLANTS MORE DANGEROUR AND HAZARDOUS TO USE

im done bitchin for right now, but i have some more i cant think of in which ill edit and add. KK dont take this the wrong way, my intentions are just for yall to see where simple things can add more depth to the game

Mantus
26-09-03, 07:24
When it comes to skins and faces I can see where you are coming from, but frankly its not exactly a priority nor something I would write a paragraph about.

Then I start reading about spy fashions, apartment decoration, and vehicle individuality and well…I am just gona stop now before I say something that will get me banned.

Just kidding. :p

I do agree on allot of your points about the R.P.O.S. Like how you gota press 5 buttons just to find out which clan members are online. It should be one of the first buttons you see when you open CityCom. A new window would open when you go to write an e-mail. You should be able to customize the targeting reticle or at least make it a different colour then the rest of the RPOS. The custom chats could also be colour customizable. That’s about all I could think off right now.

KidWithStick
26-09-03, 08:40
click R here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75831)

OTIS
26-09-03, 09:01
come back kid...

djskum
26-09-03, 10:19
Originally posted by 8ball(saturn)

who the HELL hacks in suits and sunglasses?

This try hard hacker/self promotionalist:

http://www.kimble.org/

Couldn't resist ;-)

DjSKum

/EDIT check the gallery...

8ball(saturn)
26-09-03, 22:40
that was um..scary.. but anyways back onthe *subject*

a lot of things need to be changed, and i hope that someone from Nc who has some type of authority will see this in time.. cus i know for damn sure that they will not sticky something that is about something "negative" as like most ***communist*** ( lol )
powers/organizations do. :wtf:

[edit 6/10 chance of being closed for saying that...]

CryptoChronic
26-09-03, 23:28
ok... ive made up my mind.... kim is my idol

hnlecter
26-09-03, 23:45
New job application for KK "Want to hire talent and origionality." I love playing neocron but it is like solitare only one play style, looks the same, and same damn way to win every time.

8ball(saturn)
27-09-03, 00:57
i never thought the problems would force me to leave.. but now the thought popped in my head.. leaving isnt ruled out anymore.

this last patch is probably the reason ever since last patch everone syncs 50% more. MAtter fact i just got off nc right now...3 sync outs in 15 mins that is bad compared to one every 1 1/2 hrs

8ball(saturn)
27-09-03, 07:32
anyone else getting these problems?

mysthunters
27-09-03, 10:20
hello i would like to say something on this subject

char texture = yes! we do all look the same :( and its sad.. but better player model would be really nice.. i mean.. everything in this game is so nice. wall graphics shop graphics.. outdoors graphic. everything except player model.. heck.. texture in NC could almost top texture in SWG on a shitty comp.. but hell those player model.. makes me feel like im playing a 5-6 year old game lol

last thing... FATAL errors.. this is what i call a GAME BREAKING BUG
i had a friend that came over couple days ago.. he wanted to try NC and might consider buying the game.. so he tries it out.. my char is in plaza... tells me "what should i go kill i wanna see if the fps is cool in this game" so i tell him to go to aggie1 and tell him where to go.. zonein no problem.. open the door BAM FATAL.. "my friend was WTF" so ok we start the game again.. and what a suprise my tank is dead. we are both pissed... now after we kill some stuff.. need to go get another mission.. zoneout BAM FATAL..he actually said F*ck this and stoped playing.. ok yes we see bugs im mmo.. but game breakin bugs should not be allowed and should be a top priority.. do you think that a newbie that try the free trial and gets an error every 10min is gonna buy the game? i think not..

yesterday we had a gm on saturn.. when i asked him when are fatal gonna be fixed he told me "not until holy fatal bug is fixed" whats that mean?

anyway thats what i got to say.. fatal really makes me angry

8ball(saturn)
27-09-03, 19:30
see i hope you KK people are reading... these things mentioned are causing people to leave before they even purchase the game....................................