PDA

View Full Version : Eeewy Drop Rate

viscious666
26-09-03, 01:56
yes, i was out hunting warbots, i killed about 8 in a row and descoverd not one had dropped, imps, techs, or even c10s. now, wtf?! do they still drop?! or was there some HUGE nerf i missed in the patch notes? i talked with a few other people thismorning and they said they hadnt really gotten anything either, can i get some imput? wats your experiances on this issue?O_o

mehirc
26-09-03, 03:05
Good that the droprate isnt the same all the time, would be boring. ;)

If you kill a few WBs and dont get any good loot, not even a VC-part or something little worthy, its a sign that you should stop your hunt and come back later. The quality of loot seems to be set for random timeslots(so seem to be quality and slots at construction).

LTA
26-09-03, 03:09
well it beats the way my hunt is currently going....

5 mc5 com kills and not a single part

I figure mc5 cpus are spsoe to be uber rare but ffs theres like 5/6 cpus with 6 parts.... cut us some freaking slack ffs :(

OpTi
26-09-03, 03:29
make that 6 commander kills and still nothing

this isn't the first time either :(

i'm actualy starting the get fed up of this, i'm putting some effort in and getting nothing, granted i'm not camping for hours and hours but i'm putting ina few hours hear and there and litraly getting nothing.

i don't expect to get these chips quickly this way but i atleast expect something i can even trade with.

Drexel
26-09-03, 03:45
What character class are you ?

Warbots suck, im lucky to get 1 in 10.

I put my spy away & took my tank to the canyons, now im getting 3 times the rares that WB's offer. ( & no hacking )

If you are spy, put on a TT xray suit & hunt Jonnie 5's to the north, Great exp & a better drop rate. (Xray bones available within 2 days at Biotech HQ).

TheonlyoneIknow
26-09-03, 03:49
@ Drexel

"(Xray bones available within 2 days at Biotech HQ)"

How do you mean?

Drexel
26-09-03, 03:55
- The Xray Bones will be added in 2-3 days in the BioTech HQ, later in the shops.

Thats from Callash's patch note add on.

Implantable bones that will give you Xray resists, (The DoY bots do Xray damage).

Mankind
26-09-03, 04:11
Last night was great for tech hunting.

Hunted warbots for 1-2 hours, found 15 parts. 1 was a constructor machina part, 1 was a revenge part.

Been out today hunting for 3-5 hours fire mobs and found only about 10 parts, not researched yet.

Yet another time I'll say it, tech parts spawn randomly.

Clyde
26-09-03, 05:02
was playin on saturn right before the hotfix huntin warbots wit some dude, we came accross about 6tps and like 2 c10s in about 30mins, where earlier that day i was huntin with my girl and we found only 1 in 3hrs. Id have to say its just random, your lucky or not.

Mantus
26-09-03, 05:20
8 Warbot kills is not exactly great statistics. The most i have ever killed with no reward was 12. Most of the times my luck is allot better.

Drexel
26-09-03, 05:26
Sorry, I should elaberate.

Killn warbots is slow when you take hacking into account.

With my rifle spy I can do about 10 warbots an hour.

With my kick arse tank I can do about 25 rare droppin mobs an hour, (no hack saves alot of stuffing about too).

Therefore rare drops being random I still average twice as many parts on fire mobs. Not to mention good experiance on the large number of smaller mobs to take care of.

And I find tank vs Fire ALOT more exciting than pinging at WB's 2 kilometers away, so the time also seems to pass quite quickly.

I mention Johnnie 5 hunting because thay do have a higher drop rate than WB's & the higher level give better exp, & sometimes its just good to change.

Lanigav
26-09-03, 09:08
8 Warbot kills is not exactly great statistics. The most i have ever killed with no reward was 12. Most of the times my luck is allot better.

Most I've killed in a row with no reward was 43.

If the time of day you play affects loot drops, then I must always play during the time the drops totally blow. Its also the time when the server pops are at their lowest.

That system is total crap. Some people can only get on at certain times.

Original monk
26-09-03, 09:55
Said it before and i will repeat myself: 30 commanders killed, thats about 3 hours work --> 1 freaking techpart, ONE :/
(i had the same on my riflespy but then with warbots, i think i killed about 40 and got 1 tech and 1 psiresister3)

Marx
26-09-03, 16:09
Just pray that the rare revamp comes through.

On that note, would a KK staffer explain what the new rare-revamp entails?

O_o

Smugly
26-09-03, 17:41
If rares drop better during a "rush hour" as you are suggesting mehric then I'd like to know what the hell KK are thinking. Although I will agree that one of the easiest way to generate a random number is by using a time variable. Frankly I play this game on my terms and my time. I'm not prepared to hunt warbots only between 2:43 and 3:15 AM because that's when the warbots drop Pain Easer parts.

Disturbed021
26-09-03, 17:47
I have not seen a major difference in tech drops depending on what time you play. That is pure rumor and speculation.
I play in Pacific Standard Timezone. I log on at different times depending on work, etc...early morning, at lunch, early afternoon, and evening (sometimes late late evenings:p ) and have never noticed a difference in drop results. Sometimes you're lucky sometimes you're not.

___T-X____
26-09-03, 17:49
Yea, the warbot drop rate is wank, we killed loads and got nothing, we changed hackers nothing changed.

I even asked everyone to log out, and back in because I though we were bugged and the rare parts were dropping but just appearing like something else...

I dont think rare drop should change without a storyline, or a clue. Its obviously been changed. We did about 9-10 in a row and got nothing. Plus weve all noticed after individually hunting....

Stigmata
26-09-03, 17:53
total opposite to what most of you have said

i hunt parts early saturday and sunday morning (BST)

always get plenty, tthe time slot theory is silly, no matter what time you hunt the drop percentage is still the same.

It is simply a matter of luck or to be more precise the servers version of luck

Andy

Scarus
26-09-03, 17:54
He's right... I've had quite good nights... well i got about 8 in 3 hours but they were 2 T's and 6 L's... and thats after killing about 30 WB/WBT's

I havnt had an E in days... and i got one chip.. a berserk 3 but no vehicle parts (nothing worth mentioning)

The rate i think has changed slightly... but maybe its just me, god knows. Maybe i have to start hunting somewhere else.