View Full Version : APU--Useless meatstick w/o PPU up a++? whts your opinion

Clothing_Option
26-09-03, 01:19
Or the player is capped and has best rare weapon for class
whats your opinion
We'd like to know

mdares
26-09-03, 01:25
it all depends on how ur setup and played... i know many apus that dont go ANYWHERE or do ANYTHING without a ppu... (not its not common sense its a lack of skill :D)

me and a hand full of others we do EVERYTHING without a ppu; caves, doys, op fights, u name it...

I might die more that way but hey i got no shame; i could almost last as long as a buffed apu in certain cases :cool:

regarding weapons and capping, again its all on how u play and setup; while APUs have arguably the best "weapon" they have just a little better armor than a spy (that includes PA to the mix).

So i guess while apus are mainly support driven, it is possible for them to be single players as well.

joran420
26-09-03, 01:32
I r teh suck at PvP even with a PPU...but without its usually instafrag for me....but sometimes their aim is even worse than mine and i win

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 01:49
I venture out without a ppu and do pretty well. I PK alot alone(well not so much recently, getting tired of CRON).

The only problem is when the enemy has a PPU and the first thing his lame ass does is shock you. You got no stealth and low hp so it's pretty much insta-death.

Progenitor
26-09-03, 01:50
Except for poison caves, I do well on my own. I need better poison resist to survive in there. A Holy Heal now and again works great too. :)

I solo Grims all the time.

And as long as I can switch belts for what I am hunting I don't die that often.

-p

Berzerker
26-09-03, 02:00
Originally posted by Progenitor
Except for poison caves, I do well on my own. I need better poison resist to survive in there. A Holy Heal now and again works great too. :)

I solo Grims all the time.

And as long as I can switch belts for what I am hunting I don't die that often.

-p

I'm the same. I do alright on my own most of the time. Grims, Warbots are easy to solo if you know what yur doing. I actually get killed most often by lone PPU's with there para spam.

hnlecter
26-09-03, 02:01
Your apus just suck.

Delloda
26-09-03, 02:05
i setup my apu to be mainly run without a ppu. I think he's pretty well setup and can solo 2 grims and pvp pretty effectively. I ain't leet but i think i do ok even though i think i still need to do more tweaking. But thats what makes it fun....the tweaking for perfection...even if perfection is impossible. :)

slaughteruall
26-09-03, 17:55
Perfection is not to hard with APU's you just need to balance everything out a little. i can solo WB's (there to easy) Grims (use your brain when you attack them) I PvP alot i find it's more fun then mobs. Mainly only PvM when i need to clone boosters or what not. BTW i LOM'd some last night eager to see how i do now in OP fights :D. Still trying to perfect my CON setup might take a LOM or 2 not sure yet. Need to do some more calulations.

Slaughter

EDIT: Forgot to say i do PvP without a pocket PPU i just died quicker. What is that i smell? Is that a TH raid?:angel:

\\Fényx//
26-09-03, 18:02
Originally posted by mdares
regarding weapons and capping, again its all on how u play and setup; while APUs have arguably the best "weapon" they have just a little better armor than a spy (that includes PA to the mix).

what the hell man ?!? Monk's have by FAR ! the best armour in the game, shite, id LOVE that armour for my tank :eek:

Disturbed021
26-09-03, 18:05
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
what the hell man ?!? Monk's have by FAR ! the best armour in the game, shite, id LOVE that armour for my tank :eek:

heh 'twas thinkin the same thing. Monks have the better armor, but sometimes may not appear so since APUs have 0 defensive spells.....funny as hell to ask a Tank for a deflector and/or heal:wtf: tho generally I'm too embarassed to do such a thing and would rather die:p and do :lol:

Genty
26-09-03, 18:06
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I venture out without a ppu and do pretty well. I PK alot alone(well not so much recently, getting tired of CRON).

The only problem is when the enemy has a PPU and the first thing his lame ass does is shock you. You got no stealth and low hp so it's pretty much insta-death.

What do you expect? If your not para'ed your off and away on your hovertec in 5 seconds. Least with para there is a chance of getting to you before you speed off into the distance. Your fast, I am slow, give me some chance to catch you.

Lucjan
26-09-03, 18:45
APU vs APU: a question who has more skill and/or better setup

APU vs Spy: I didnt die, but also didnt win often as they usualy stealth away and it seems every spy does that on Jupiter (have an APU only there).

APU vs pistol PE: get your HLs hit him as fast as possible while he is still more then 100m away. Then it's a peace of cake.
/EDIT: beat me, but I don't fear Lib PEs but blacksun PEs. While Lib really hurts, most seems to be unable to aim at full speed so they hit me rarely.

APU vs rifle PE: These are the ones I loose most often to. If they know what they are doing Im usually dead meat. Thank god most panic after the first 2 HL strikes and their massive health loss and do the mistake to run away :)

APU vs tank: pretty much like pistol PE just easier. Tanks aim too slow and whenever I have the chance to use range as my advantage there is always a dead tank. Basic rule: be fast and dont let him get close - if he gets close = one dead APU. This is basically the same thing that pisses me off when I play my tank. APU = easy aim with massive damage independent from range.

Sometimes - or maybe usually - I have really to wonder about APUs who dont stick their nose out of plaza-1 without an PPU on their ass. I cant get rid of the feeling these are exactly those guys who failed in PvP playing other classes ;-)

Shujin
26-09-03, 18:48
my apu hasnt been killed pvp since ive made him, hes rank 60/47 i think and i level alone 90% of the time

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 18:49
Originally posted by Lucjan

This isn't always true. From my experience it comes down to who gets the first hit or 2 hits most of the time.

Since we do so much damage to each other, there's really not much room for error.

APU vs pistol PE: get your HLs hit him as fast as possible while he is still more then 100m away. Then it's a peace of cake.

I agree. :D

APU vs Spy: I didnt die, but also didnt win often as they usualy stealth away and it seems every spy does that on Jupiter (have an APU only there).

O

I can usually kill them before they stealth. Usually 3 headshots will do them in.

APU vs rifle PE: These are the ones I loose most often to. If they know what they are doing Im usually dead meat. Thank god most panic after the first 2 HL strikes and their massive health loss and do the mistake to run away :)

O_O

I don't think rifle pes are anything to be afraid about. Usually u can also abuse your distance against them. I've only met like 2-3 rifle pes on pluto who give me a run for my money(usually because they can take more HLs than a tank :rolleyes: )

APU vs tank: pretty much like pistol PE just easier. Tanks aim too slow and whenever I have the chance to use range as my advantage there is always a dead tank. Basic rule: be fast and dont let him get close - if he gets close = one dead APU.

Not always. An apu still has a good chance of winning against a tank if he's up close.

Sometimes - or maybe usually - I have really to wonder about APUs who dont stick their nose out of plaza-1 without an PPU on their ass. I cant get rid of the feeling these are exactly those guys who failed in PvP playing other classes ;-)

:lol:

Shujin
26-09-03, 18:57
or who has better equip
my 5 slot toxic beam > if they got 1 slot
my 4 slot holy pestilence > if they 0-3 slot and not ultimated
my 4 slot holy firestorm > ^
meh 3 slot fire apoc > if they got suckier one o.0

Berzerker
26-09-03, 19:46
Originally posted by Genty
What do you expect? If your not para'ed your off and away on your hovertec in 5 seconds. Least with para there is a chance of getting to you before you speed off into the distance. Your fast, I am slow, give me some chance to catch you.

The problem is a PPU can easily kill a APU monk on his own. Unless the APU is maxed and has anti buff, heal and is good.

Clothing_Option
26-09-03, 19:59
Originally posted by Delloda
i setup my apu to be mainly run without a ppu. I think he's pretty well setup and can solo 2 grims and pvp pretty effectively. I ain't leet but i think i do ok even though i think i still need to do more tweaking. But thats what makes it fun....the tweaking for perfection...even if perfection is impossible. :)

How do you guys have your resists setup
Base #

slaughteruall
26-09-03, 20:20
How do you guys have your resists setup

I for one have one shared my setup with a few ppl in my clan who i know wont be leaving. So in other words figure out yourself. I for one will not just tell you what it is.

Slaughter

SorkZmok
26-09-03, 20:33
Originally posted by mdares
Uhm the best Psi Armor is the damn best set of armor by far. Theres absolutely nothing you can compare to it. Now look at a spy: a belt, maybe an ARS and thats it. well maybe some inqui if you like drugs and/or gimpage of you combat skills.

well setup apu: pure evil

oh btw...did anyone notice any differences in HL damage? didnt change my PE setup and suddenly i take about 100 dmg per hit. o_O I somehow feel that it was less before. Especially i wonder cause FA doesnt really scratch me although i got way more enr that fir....