PDA

View Full Version : Psi Shields no longer castable on others

XoxSnakexoX
25-09-03, 21:17
if ppus could no longer cast shields on others then the game would finnaly be balanced and we can all say good by to monk o cron. any one think this is a good or bad idea?

mdares
25-09-03, 21:18
i thought psi sheild has always been self cast...

Lexxuk
25-09-03, 21:27
Sure, so, what use would you then see for the PPU monk to fulfill? Stand in the bankground, leaching EXP, just so they can cast holy shelter group on themselves? O_o

Yes, very balancing idea, totally destroy a class which is balanced in its defence/offence.

XoxSnakexoX
25-09-03, 21:35
you do have a point lexxuk. i think the real hard thing is to get the ppu to balance both pvp and pvm.

also i ment shelter and deflecter as shields.

well a ppu still boosts, heals, damage boosts, paras(not horibbly useful in pvm) and Soul Cluster(still needs major reworking to be realy useful)

i do have a ppu. and i find that i can defend people by keeping heals on them just as well as keeping shields.

well i think inturn for not being able to shield others Para should serously reduce RoF of mobs. If a ppu boosts heals damage boosts and paras then the ppu will not be nerfed in PvM and will no longer ruin PvP

Lexxuk
25-09-03, 21:39
the PPU monk "is" balanced in its capabilities, its a support role, it supports other char's with boosts/shelters/ressurect.

It would be like saying to researchers, you can research, but your cubes can only be used by yourself.

Or constructors, you can make a gun, which can only be used by yourself.

the PPU's role is one of support, not of "love thyself, screw everyone else n let em die to the 120/120 mob that just thrown a huge fireball at them"

XoxSnakexoX
25-09-03, 21:48
I agree but their Shelter ability makes an almost invincible shield that only apus can bypass.

its like saying Spys get new that makes him and any one he uses it on stealth. Pistols PEs can now use a eye implant that gives heat vision to see stealthers. Now only pistol pes can kill people that have a spy stealth boost. Also now PEs and SPYs are the most used chars in the game.

do you see how now every other class is useless?

Judge
25-09-03, 21:57
PPUs are no way near ballanced. What I would do is thus:

1) Remove Parashock (also all freezer guns)
2) Change the distract mind spell (it was in a recent thread) so that it is cast on a runner and that runner can no longer target the PPU for 10 secs or so.

That would balance them from my point of view.

KidWithStick
25-09-03, 22:01
the only main reason PPU's piss me off is because of paraSPAM

if they reduced the effects to like 20% speed reduction instead of 80, and increased the mana cost i think that would be perfect.

if not then why not buff up the freezer cannons and pistols like they used to be, so i can spec for freezer pistols like the leet days and go around zapping people so they couldnt move all then blasting them in the back. thats basically how it is now, only not every class can do it...only PPU's, and thats the problem.

Judge
25-09-03, 22:05
No, please just remove all freezer weapons. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. :(

XoxSnakexoX
25-09-03, 22:16
ya i agree but i didnt want to put to much nerf on ppus at one time lol. i dont think the distract mind is realy a nerf if they do it like this:

a ppu casts it at 30 a min(thats 2 secs cast time) and it makes the target un able to shoot any one for 3 sec.

this way ppu can support a group well with out having to use gay para. i would rather have distract mind on me then para becasue its not that easy to make a spell running that slow hit every time and you will still be able to run and dodge bullets putting skill in use.

also i would edit what i said before. instead of para making mobs shoot slow the distract mind would.

any one have a ppu that can tell us how bad they think this would nerf them?(i personly have a ppu and think this would be great)

Dream
25-09-03, 22:27
I don't think that's a bad idea either snake...but usually when i para, i para not neccessarily for the person not to shoot me back, but to stop them from running away...

But I think you have something with the distract mind

and if u find that being frozen is so hard to deal with why not crank up the mouse sensitivity?

Mantus
25-09-03, 22:27
Originally posted by Lexxuk
Sure, so, what use would you then see for the PPU monk to fulfill? Stand in the bankground, leaching EXP, just so they can cast holy shelter group on themselves? O_o

Yes, very balancing idea, totally destroy a class which is balanced in its defence/offence.

You forget about all the other skills that the monk brings to the table. Boosting, Healing, Rezzing, Damage Boosting, Paraspamming. I hardly think they will become useless.

XoxSnakexoX
25-09-03, 22:34
ya i said something simmalir mantus. ok well now the only question is that with out para people can just run away very easily.

well is that realy such a bad thing? i dont know any one got any ideas that woudnt ruin pvp but still keep a person from being able to run away to easily? Or do you think that we should let people run away i mean we all know who won the fight. jsut cause some one didnt have to get repoked and stuff dosnt mean you didnt win or lose a fight.

KidWithStick
25-09-03, 22:39
there was already a 50% reduction in casting on others...thats enough. the ONLY problem are freeeeezers. especially holy paraSPAM

Dream
hmmm maybe take the freeze down again...I don't agree with taking the whole thing out, but tone it down a bit?

KidWithStick
there was already a 50% reduction in casting on others...thats enough. the ONLY problem are freeeeezers. especially holy paraSPAM

KidWithStick
25-09-03, 22:40

Dream
25-09-03, 22:40
hmmm maybe take the freeze down a bit?....i don't agree with taking the whole thing out all-together, but maybe just tone it down?

XoxSnakexoX
25-09-03, 22:59
that 50 percent reductoin aint enougf. not even close to enough of a reduction on others.

Judge
25-09-03, 23:14
I and, it would appear, almost all of the community thinks that:

1) PPUs are not balanced
2) Mainly because of Parashock
3) And that their buffs are fine as they are (i'm juding this on how there are no nerf t3h shield threads apart from this one)

Judge
25-09-03, 23:14
Argh stupid god damn fucking double post :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

XoxSnakexoX
25-09-03, 23:28
well their arent nerf the shield posts but their are Monk o Cron posts. and this is the best way to solve that. apus have poison and anti buff while no one else has any thing to combat shelters.

Lucjan
25-09-03, 23:43
Nope, ParaSPAM is not the only problem. The second problem most definetly is shelter and deflector...or actually the fact that only APUs can break them with their anti-spells. Other classes should get anti-weapons too.

/EDIT: alternate solution: limiting shelter+deflector to group only for others then the PPU himself...

Shadow Dancer
25-09-03, 23:45
Originally posted by Lucjan
Nope, ParaSPAM is not the only problem. The second problem most definetly is shelter and deflector...or actually the fact that only APUs can break them with their anti-spells. Other classes should get anti-weapons too.

I agree.

XoxSnakexoX
26-09-03, 00:13
i think getting rid of the shelter and deflecter would be much easier solution

please consider kk is under manned and cant invent new damage types. and if they did they would probly unbalance somthing else and we would have a diffrent post about how the pacth created new problems

Lucjan
26-09-03, 00:26
Originally posted by XoxSnakexoX
i think getting rid of the shelter and deflecter would be much easier solution

please consider kk is under manned and cant invent new damage types. and if they did they would probly unbalance somthing else and we would have a diffrent post about how the pacth created new problems

The damage type already exists, thats not the problem.

Besides, I actually like the removing shelters and deflectors cast on others idea if that means that sanctums would still remain as they are, otherwise PPUs will lose a huge part of their job.

Mr Friendly
26-09-03, 00:28
Originally posted by XoxSnakexoX
if ppus could no longer cast shields on others then the game would finnaly be balanced and we can all say good by to monk o cron. any one think this is a good or bad idea?

ermm yeah, u no longer have permission to speak on the monk topic :)

LTA
26-09-03, 00:41
Heh if you made em no longer castable on others... then just delete the ppu.... he'll serve no function whatsoever...

i ain't even gonna post my suggestions cuz it ain't gonna happen and i've posted em about 20 times or something :/

Mr Friendly
26-09-03, 00:45
i can 95% gaurantee u that at least 5 apus from each server will quit, & 75% of ALL ppus everywhere would quit

the sole purpose of the ppu is to strengthen those around them, it even says in the FaQs

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 01:51
Originally posted by LTA
then just delete the ppu....

Excellent idea, and I completely support it.

Keiron
26-09-03, 01:56
Something needs to be done with anti-buff, maybe KK should make it a triple-cast spell. Make it do something like de-buff and place a 15 sec shelter/deflector/heal on them that heals/blocks nothing, just prevents another cast. Or just make Anti-buff take less PSI when cast (perhaps same amount it takes for a PPU to holy shelter+deflector himself)

Delloda
26-09-03, 02:01
i think freezer weapons and stun melee weapons should reduce the time that shelters/defelectors last for with each direct hit. Like with each successful hit, the shields duration is reduced by 2 seconds or so.

just an idea. :)

XoxSnakexoX
26-09-03, 04:14
I have a PPU and APU i know more about monks then probly even you do. As a ppu you still do resist boosts, Combat boosts, Heals, Paras, Damage boosts, and even SC if you want. Trust me the PPU will still do lots and help a group alot. The PPU will still be extremely useful but he wont ruin game play any longer.

datapulse
26-09-03, 06:13
Here's an idea, why not make 3 types of each PPU support spell.

Type I: Can only be self cast.
Type II: Can be cast on only others
Type III: Can be cast on either yourself or others.

Make Type I the most powerful, Type II the second powerful, and Type III the least. Because of the limited amount of QB slots, the PPU would have to decide which was more important to him/her. Good? Bad?
Disclaimer: I've never played a PPU =P

OTIS
26-09-03, 09:24
no bad idea...check my sig...and yes i'm being bias:D

Original monk
26-09-03, 09:31
wow i tought this was a constructive post or infopost about ppu's and what do i see ? ITS a hidden "NERF-the-PPU-to-DEAD" thread especially focussing on parashock wich are mentioned before also fo over about a 4 zilion times, i think the dev's reading this yust skip the parashock part cause they are yust to tired about the subject. With other words: BOOORIIING

RAB
26-09-03, 13:59
I think in order to put my emphasis on player skill (of roughly equally matched character) they should reduce further the effectiveness of other player casted buffs and reduce across the board the pvp damage. That way CS's, holy lightnings etc.. wont kill you in seconds and even an unbuffed char will have more of a chance to fight back/get away.
Haven't thought that through an awful lot tho so probably problematic !?

XoxSnakexoX
26-09-03, 21:33
Originally posted by datapulse
Here's an idea, why not make 3 types of each PPU support spell.

Type I: Can only be self cast.
Type II: Can be cast on only others
Type III: Can be cast on either yourself or others.

Make Type I the most powerful, Type II the second powerful, and Type III the least. Because of the limited amount of QB slots, the PPU would have to decide which was more important to him/her. Good? Bad?
Disclaimer: I've never played a PPU =P

well PPUs will just swicth the spells in and out of their inventory and will just be realy anoyed with this. i think that this idea would create more boring work and make the game less fun. i realy like the idea of a combo of your Level 1 and Level 3. basicly when you cast on your slelf its stronge. and when you cast on others its week(no more then 25% of normal strengeth) KK already has somthing like this in place but its only at 50% i think they need to just get rid of casting shelters on others or nerf it agin becuase its ruining game play.

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 21:50
PPus should be the buff/summoners of Neocron with defense on par with other classes, not godly.

They should be totally revamped so that they are not the end all be all of fucking PvP.

Also there should be an int based healing skill.

.Cyl0n
26-09-03, 22:06
they should just make all monks hybrids again ... problem solved
then you can easily balance hybrids as one class...
maybe take some spells away or lower the dmg of some.. remove para or something.. its much easier when all monks are one "class" ;)

.cy