PDA

View Full Version : **Worm Tunnels**

___T-X____
25-09-03, 19:12
Whats the crack with these ? is there anyway to shoot the Fen Fires and Soulclusters under the water ? i tried with a spy and tank and i cant kill them and i die...

Kasumi
25-09-03, 19:13
Raygun rifles and pistols.. Laser rifles..cannons.. pistols.. and low tech melee are the only things that go through water.. i am not 100% sure about the rayguns :) You need to lure them out one by one :) its very slow or take a group of people up into the actuall room where the apparition is ;)

QuantumDelta
25-09-03, 19:13
Monkeh...or h4><||\|6 :p

Heavyporker
25-09-03, 19:16
Wait a minute... let me get this... You don't have to go into the Chamber? Damn... that's something I never thought of... I mean, that was the original Room of Death to me. Even MC5 wasn't as sexually painful as being in the Apparition Chamber.

___T-X____
25-09-03, 19:18
I want to see The Appartition, and brawl with him and i dont play monks. Am i screwed ?

superfresh
25-09-03, 19:19
Plasma wave cannons shoot thru water. The apparition will be tough if you are soloing a tank.

...actually, the apparition will be tough if you are using a plasma wave cannon :eek:

___T-X____
25-09-03, 19:21
does he spawn shit ? or can i do the smaller mobs then have a go at him on his own?

Brammers
25-09-03, 19:22
Forget drones.... The souldusters do too much energy damage!

QuantumDelta
25-09-03, 19:22
I've never seen Appa spawn stuff, once you clear out the others he's on his own...but then again I never get close enough to him to trigger a spawn....so hey...

Omnituens
25-09-03, 22:36
nah it dont spawn shit.

Look here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66877) for more info.

Omni Out.

Progenitor
25-09-03, 23:35
Anyone ever wonder why there aren't worms in the worm tunnel??

-p

Darth Slayer
25-09-03, 23:49
Nice to see you still about T-X now get the F**k back to Uranus.........:D

Darth Slayer
25-09-03, 23:52
Originally posted by Progenitor

-p
Well you see the thing is and you got to understand this, is well the Appa, ahem well it ate all the worms. Yup thats it greedy bugger......:lol:

Q`alooaith
26-09-03, 00:18
Maybe because the worm's died a long time ago, or maybe the worm's are the big mommy's of the haz worm's you see about and onlu come up near the surface to spawn a litter, then dive deep down again...

Heavyporker
26-09-03, 00:43
gawd, that'd be a great boss mob...

what if KK put ANOTHER tunnel in the Apparition Chamber... like maybe in the middle of that isle (just a tiny hole that you zone into, I *LOVE* that gorgeous island)

Then you'd have to survive the Apparition and her legions, just to GET to the Toxic Passage... Then inside, you'd have a long, long tunnel with crystalline walls (think Crystal Cave glow-gems laid end to end all the way to the boss room). Sandcrawlers and Hazard Worms guard this tunnel, of course, and this being a tunnel, you'd get almost no hiding spot to fight. Once you go like 3/4th a full zone-length, you come to a huge chamber that you have to walk down the side of (think yutano mine wormtunnel pit, but with a spiral ramp down the side), then on the base, you'd come to the HeartWorm.

She'd be like 120/120, spawns hazard worms, and she spits poison barrels (NOT the little poisonballs or whatever - real, honest to goodness, POISON BARRELS (and they're equivalent in strength to Holy Pestilence)), and she'd be as long as 7 worms laid end to end... and twice as thick.

Her loot would be like 3 guaranteed tech parts along with a chance to get either a Worm Fang (a TL 90 combatknife that only needs 60 STR and something like 80 M-C, a melee blade that PEs can use for some truly inspired ass-whooping) or a Venom Spike ( a TL 100 nailgun automatically modded with poison nails, that only needs 60 DEX).....

I think that'd be interesting.

Lexxuk
26-09-03, 00:53
Originally posted by Progenitor

-p

There used to be worms in the worm tunnels. In fact, the same worms that are in the Grave. Except these worms didnt shoot poison at you, they were broke, well, the ones in Yutano were. So, you would go in, lead all the worms into the middle pit, and they would drop down, then, lovely AOE. I capped my PE's str that way in Beta.

___T-X____
26-09-03, 00:58
kewl ideas heavy :)

btw, thanks for the welcome back :) @ Darth.

I just really like the Worm tunnels, theres loads of them and no-one goes there....and i really want to see the appartition first hand :)

Heavyporker
26-09-03, 01:10
Lexxuk, those aren't worms in the Graves, you fool, those are SNAKES! How in the world can you confuse those two?

And, you can't SEE the Apparition... you can only sense its presence if you are calm of mind.

Spy<VS>Spy
26-09-03, 01:25
monk weapons are the way to go in my honost opinion, though on saturn i use soul clusters against soul clusters, get 4 of your passive mates out there and concetrate your summons onto the apperations...heh, they will down em if you support the cluster with DB's to target and shelters.

DarkPhoenix
26-09-03, 01:36
Originally posted by Heavyporker
gawd, that'd be a great boss mob...

what if KK put ANOTHER tunnel in the Apparition Chamber... like maybe in the middle of that isle (just a tiny hole that you zone into, I *LOVE* that gorgeous island)

Where is this island?

Progenitor
26-09-03, 01:40
Damm - For a goof, I tried the tunnel after work - ooch!

I would have thought with 223 armor energy resist, I would have fared better, but without ppu, I can't outheal the suckers fast enough to kill them :(

-p

Keiron
26-09-03, 01:43
Personally I think the whole Worm Tunnels needs a complete overhaul. Those things made my FPS cry like you wouldn’t believe (about 40 with everything maxxed out in Wastes, 60 in aggie cellars). I got about 4 FPS in the tunnels (never mind the fact that there are some spots that you die instantly even with full ppu buffs, holy heal, and holy heal sanctum due to some bug)

Q`alooaith
26-09-03, 01:44
My APU can take anything in the worm tunnel's without cover..

except the fen fire's and the app, bloody hell they are tough blighter's sting like hell when they hit.. though with a bit of luck fen fire's fall before they kill me, though normaly take em using cover..

___T-X____
26-09-03, 01:48
I agree i think they shoul be changed, maybe just removing the water...

I droning the agains a fen fire and sl, they were np (im rilfe now)

Shadow Dancer
26-09-03, 01:56
Why do the worm tunnels destroy your FPS?

Keiron
26-09-03, 01:58
From what I understand they have huge memory leaks (prolly all that water). Maybe the FPS thing is only me thou. Even when I max force fog in there my FPS were 4. Anyone else have an FPS hit similar to mine?

Heavyporker
27-09-03, 14:24
No, no, leave the water in - it's important aside from aesthetics (dammit, anyone mess with that gorgeous island, I'm gonna lom and turn into a mad pker on them)...

think what'd it be like, 50 soulclusters following you after you turn tail.

I have had a bit of FPS problems there, but that was usually when there was several SCs above the water in the chamber, and ESPECIALLY when the SCs were shooting. I think its more because of those lances they're shooting.

I very much doubt its the water.

Omnituens
27-09-03, 14:30
a GM told me there are many clipping and texture mapping errors down there.

still looks fucking uber, with the light streaming down, the water, the apparition...

Heavyporker
27-09-03, 14:36
Yes... remember that poll a while ago about which boss chamber was the best (or something)?

Hands down, Apparition Chamber is the best looking... Gorgeous setup with the ledge/water, then that ever-so-lovely island with the ferns... and that light.... that holy light... gently streaming down upon that island... ahhh...

Only other spot that comes close to that sort of beauty would be the Fountain Room...