PDA

View Full Version : Body Health or Resists?

Andronicus
25-09-03, 17:09
Trying to figure out where to put some con points.. since another player could have their weapon modded with fire/xray/ or even poison for those monks - wouldn't it be best just to put all ones con points into HTL? Or is there a limit on HLT points; or does putting points into xray resist worth much more than HLT points?

Any info on this would be very helpfull.

Xin
25-09-03, 17:15
PvP does a % damage (to avoid 1 shot kills) so the general consensus I've seen is that health in the range of 450-500 is optimal.

Psycho_Soldier
25-09-03, 17:45
Originally posted by Xin
so the general consensus I've seen is that health in the range of 450-500 is optimal.

:rolleyes:

Do you even know what class Hamlet is playing?

Hamlet, there is a balance you need to figure out, and it takes awhile to figure out that "perfect setup", many people have tried for months and only a couple have figured it out. You need to find a balance between your armor, resist, health, and your implant set up.. For example, if you have too much points into HLT, and not enough into resist, you could lom out some HLT and put into resist because the resist points would be much more helpful than the extra health. Like if you take 1 point out of HLT depending on how many points you have, you could end up with 5 points back which could go into resist and be much more valuable,. The natural resist cap is 114 I have heard, but that doesn't mean that armor wont help, by natural resist I mean, points assigned under CON. I can't test this because my account is expired, and I never found the time to test it before it was. Health caps at 595, but even if you are a tank, I do not suggest you should hit the health cap even with resist booster 1, because it would be better in ATL or another resist.

This should also be of some help to you. http://neocron.ems.ru/resist.html

Andronicus
25-09-03, 17:51
cool - thanks for the info. For the record i am a PE

s0apy
25-09-03, 17:55
Originally posted by Xin
PvP does a % damage (to avoid 1 shot kills) so the general consensus I've seen is that health in the range of 450-500 is optimal.

actually, in a recent post a dev said that pvp damage is, quite definately, NOT percent based.

QuantumDelta
25-09-03, 17:56
400 HP with buffs.

edit;
Oh s0apy, PvPs maximum damage is % based.
One hit can only do so much, burst weapons for the most part (although slightly effected) ignore this.

Resists have nothing to do with it.
Current HP has nothing to do with it.
Only Max HP..

Psycho_Soldier
25-09-03, 17:57
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
400 HP with buffs. :p

There you go... trying to make every PE a cookie cutter... :rolleyes:

jk :p

Xin
25-09-03, 21:45
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
:rolleyes:

Do you even know what class Hamlet is playing?

How could I, he hadn't said at the time I posted.

Me big dumb tank, me figure everyone else big dumb tank, too.

Lol, sorry Hamlet, yeah, don't burn all your pts on HLT listeneing to me since you arent' a tank :lol:

StoneRayne
25-09-03, 23:55
Think about it in a way, what makes more sense.

For ex, if you go all HLT, does it make sense? Say you got 100 BASE HLT. Is putting more points worth it? Remember, you use up 5 skill points after 100. Is it worth it, say, 40 resist or 8 extra HLT?
Judging like this, it is my personal rule that no matter what class, no Non-main skill should go above 75 base, ever. If it does, it just becomes useless.

If you're a PE... Experiment, If you can runcast your heal and have stealth, you can go for less hp cuz you can stealth away and heal fast. But.. no matter what char you are, always have more than 300 HP :)
350 for PE is fine imo.

QD is a pistoler, he needs more and can get more easier. if you're rifles, you'll end up with less HP, or gimped/relying on drugs in some way.

Oath
26-09-03, 00:04
would people pelase stop with the cookie cutter, one resist setup works for one person, but not necesarily for another there is no one Uabr setup only preference.

Clyde
26-09-03, 00:14
Originally posted by Oath
would people pelase stop with the cookie cutter, one resist setup works for one person, but not necesarily for another there is no one Uabr setup only preference.

not quite, or else there wouldnt be the so called "cookie cutter" effect :rolleyes:

Mr Friendly
26-09-03, 00:39
hamlet, if u want a very nice con setup, PM me, if u play on pluto, ill show it to u

joran420
26-09-03, 01:30
hmmm so my 280 hp isnt enough?

mdares
26-09-03, 01:40
no u take more dmg that way; i had similar resists to a bud of mine but i had less hp and he does roughly 10% more dmg to me than i do to him... so i think the total amount of HP also factors into your "survival"

StoneRayne
26-09-03, 08:22
No, 280 hp isn't enough, no matter what your resists are. Although you can try with that, relying on stealth and good heal, while getting a little better runspeed, maybe. It's not the optimal setup for dueling, but having a low HP setup is sometimes very very fun to play.

mdares: Were you both APUs? If you were, yes, it's a known feature, you take less dmg from direct fire spells (HL/FA/TB) the less CURRENT hp you have. Hit tanks with HL 3 times. Look how much hp it took off. Do it again 3 times. Then compare. Pre-random damage, it went like this:
<shoots alig 5 times, alig loses 350 hp>
<shoots alig 5 more times, he's still alive>
=/

If you're not APUs, it is affected, but only when you have full HP. After that, having low hp doesn't matter...which is why I don't suggest for APUs to have low HP. Although for a really long time, I was a fan of low HPs.

mdares
26-09-03, 08:25
yeah we both apus; using capped HLs; same setup.

Mankind
26-09-03, 08:25
The "280-300" Health setup works wonders :)

SigmaDraconis
26-09-03, 12:14
i liked low hp as APU died in 3-4 HL's same as any other unbuffed APU ;D

its all about balance between hp and resists, and resists need to eb worked around your armour. Imps havnt much to do with it outside hearts and the Resistor....i always found imp setups to be an argument between offence and defense ESSPECCIALLY for PE and Spy.

RAB
26-09-03, 13:55
I wouldn't put more that 50 points in health. Then sort yourself out a decent balanced resist and armour setup and use your psi - as a PE that is one of your biggest advantages.
But you do need some health or the big mobs will eat you alive unless you carry around a PPU.

No one really knows for SURE how the damage works - although general tests have shown that pvp is % based for the most part and pvm isn't.

garyu69
26-09-03, 14:05
I am a PE on Pluto too.

My Con has Body health at 100 and then an even spread of resists.

People say i am mad at having 442 Health with a Resist 1 on.

Me i am just Uber Health, lol