PDA

View Full Version : Remove random spell damage?

Drake6k
25-09-03, 06:08
Just wondering what the community thinks of this...

Should spells do random damage? (ppu and apu do right now)

ZoneVortex
25-09-03, 06:12
For once....

I sleep with dead animals

Because random damage doesn't bother me.

Shadow Dancer
25-09-03, 06:15
No, i like my uber damage. :p

I remember taking 10-11 hits to kill a tank pre-random damage patch. :rolleyes:

iainy13
25-09-03, 06:35
plz not another one o these. i say just keep it as it is. its workin fine why change it?

Divide
25-09-03, 06:36
my thoughts on random damage are this-- no matter how high weapon lore and your specific weapon type you have as a non-psi, you will always miss a few shots out of a clip, I feel that random damage for apu's is the equivalent of that

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-09-03, 07:06
ppu damage should not be random Heals and whatnot. but apu should be location based just as all other attack's are.

i love headshots of my hl :D

Cass
25-09-03, 07:11
Originally posted by Divide
my thoughts on random damage are this-- no matter how high weapon lore and your specific weapon type you have as a non-psi, you will always miss a few shots out of a clip, I feel that random damage for apu's is the equivalent of that

Excellent point. Psi's can shoot through walls too. Random damage is a good, fair thing.

Lucjan
25-09-03, 13:43
Originally posted by Cass
Excellent point. Psi's can shoot through walls too. Random damage is a good, fair thing.

the problem I see is what Shadow Dancer mentioned...with random damage it takes now usually 5 HL hits to kill a capped tank...compared to double of that pre random damage. Besides, I don't feel that random damage in PvP much on my APU, but I do like hell in PvM o_O

Jesterthegreat
25-09-03, 14:36
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
No, i like my uber damage. :p

I remember taking 10-11 hits to kill a tank pre-random damage patch. :rolleyes:

im a pistol spy... i take down an unbuffed ** rank PE in 4 hits ^.^

nerf everything! boost pistols!