PDA

View Full Version : Force Tanks to complete a quest for their PA.

trigger hurt
25-09-03, 01:09
It doesn't make alot of sense to require 3 of the 4 classes to run epics to get their PA's and not force the 4th class to do so as well.

Flea
25-09-03, 01:11
I suggest ALL powerarmors be storebought, alot like TANK pa is in CM, PE and SPY pa can be bought at Tangent HQ, and MONK pa can be bought at CRAHN HQ or CRAHN ABBEY

REMUS
25-09-03, 01:11
becuase our pa is shit?

-6 con
-25 ath

thats some serious gimpage matey

EDIT: What flea said :D

Flea
25-09-03, 01:12
-6 con means almost nothing

athletics, who cares? overspec agility, i have a tank on test who runs perfectly fine with PA on

mdares
25-09-03, 01:15
dunno about spy and pe pa but monks have -agil; and since we dont have 100 dex to overspec agil... well it hurts lotsa monks.

so either make them all purchasable or all quested.

Flea
25-09-03, 01:17
tanks have 70 dex, and the only points they need is about 65 for CS in t-c, NERF TANK DEXOR

mdares
25-09-03, 01:19
i was refering to ath on tank pa; it removes ath (con subskill); monk pa removes agil (dex subskill); monks have 35 dex; tanks have 100 con.

Flea
25-09-03, 01:21
oh well, an apu with holy lightning

Outdamages tank
Outspeeds tank
NEARLY Outranges tank
Doesnt have to aim (tanks haev shit aiming)
Have fairily decent resists due to all the erg in their armor (with pp resistor apu's can be nearly as good as pe in defence)

so, tanks have it rough right about now, ever notice theres about 10 monks per 1 tank?

REMUS
25-09-03, 01:26
blah blah blah "ONOZ i got a amazieringo tank of the test server thats got capped run speederino and takes 65 dam" does it look as tho i care, I on the other hand play tank daily not a friggin spy and i noticed the difference straight away so have a few others.

6 con is alot to a tank its about 10 dam per burst difference actually, and -25 is alot of athletics considering after 70-80 agl it does fuck all, if we had a table to work from we could work it out but we dont so there is no point in us argueing the point becuase we dont know when agl or ath caps at it could be 100 or 130 all we can tell is when it has less of an effect after 70-80

trigger hurt
25-09-03, 01:31
So, because tank pa costs you something that is important to you, it's ok for it to be buyable?

Im not sure about the spy and pe pa, because we havent seen them yet, but I am quite positive there will be negatives on it as well. So what do we get for our extra effort to get our PA?

Oath
25-09-03, 02:02
Originally posted by Flea
oh well, an apu with holy lightning

Outdamages tank
Outspeeds tank
NEARLY Outranges tank
Doesnt have to aim (tanks haev shit aiming)
Have fairily decent resists due to all the erg in their armor (with pp resistor apu's can be nearly as good as pe in defence)

so, tanks have it rough right about now, ever notice theres about 10 monks per 1 tank?

i love you man, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Oh, one more thing, our PA (cloaks, toilet paper etc) is available through a run TO MAKE IT MORE FUCKING INTERESTING. *ahem* sorry, tanks are tanks, always have been, always had pa, why now change it to run based? Power cloaks / Antirad spy pa/ pe pa is brand spankin, why not have a different take on things?

Onoz tank just has to pay for his armor Onos (maybe thats cos pa doesn't do really anything special) tanks are too 1337 nerf the tanks pa.....................o_0

Like Flea said, tanks are having a shit time right now and your all proposing to piss us off more? not a good idea.

Progenitor
25-09-03, 02:05
I mentioned this in the other thread.

Think about what you are asking for.

The Monk PA requires a set of Tank PA.

So, in order to get the Monk PA, you would have to first do the Tank PA quest, then you could complete the Monk PA.

I don't know what the receipe will be for constructing the Spy and PE versions, but I wouldn't be surprised if it required Tank PA as well - the Tank PA is required as a money cost, so that the PA isn't free.

Except for the fact that the NPCs sometimes don't spawn properly, I like the quests. It was fun and interesting for a little bit to run around to get all of the parts.

If anything, the Tanks should be complaining, that they don't get that fun of the quest.

-p

ezza
25-09-03, 02:06
the intend for the PAs all to be buyable at some point, but they are introducing them Via a small run atm.

and if you make tank PA a run as well, that means monk would have to do 2 runs, one for the tank PA and another for the monk PA

Oath
25-09-03, 02:08
yeah,

what ezza and pro said.

Mankind
25-09-03, 02:10
lol for the spy and PE PA's they should make you first aquire a apu/ppu version of Monk PA. Then you have to aquire like 20 master-05- parts and still pay 100k :)

Progenitor
25-09-03, 02:18
Originally posted by Mankind
lol for the spy and PE PA's they should make you first aquire a apu/ppu version of Monk PA. Then you have to aquire like 20 master-05- parts and still pay 100k :)

Nan - the Spy PA should require Tank PA just like the Monk PA does, but the PE PA should require Tank, Monk and Spy PA's!

-p

Spoon
25-09-03, 02:29
Originally posted by trigger hurt
So, because tank pa costs you something that is important to you, it's ok for it to be buyable?

Yeah, what's the big deal?, Tank PA has been store bought since beta, and now your complaining.....
ahhh, Mr. Carebear has to fuck with tanks, just because he has to do a short mini run to get his PA...ahhh booo fuckin hooo...
It's going to kill you to do a mini run and take an hour out of your precious life to get the PA....
You should be glad your getting it, because Tanks have got jack and shit in terms of new stuff, except for the TSG..
So quit whining.....

trigger hurt
25-09-03, 03:17
Originally posted by Spoon
Yeah, what's the big deal?, Tank PA has been store bought since beta, and now your complaining.....
ahhh, Mr. Carebear has to fuck with tanks, just because he has to do a short mini run to get his PA...ahhh booo fuckin hooo...
It's going to kill you to do a mini run and take an hour out of your precious life to get the PA....
You should be glad your getting it, because Tanks have got jack and shit in terms of new stuff, except for the TSG..
So quit whining.....

What more does a tank need? Since early retail, they havent had the huge nerfs like monks or spies. Unless you count that runspeed with cannon out thing...but that makes alot of sense.

Secondly, I don't sit at home playing video games all day. I have 2 jobs and a girlfriend. I spend maybe 2 or 3 hours max playing this game. Why should I have to waste it running around trying to build a peice of armor?

I'm not complaining. I am asking why it is that NOW, all of a sudden, the 3 other classes who are just getting their PA's have to run all over the fucking world to get it. Give me a logical explanation and I will consider it. But if you just want to be insulting and call names, I'll only point and laugh at you.

Lucjan
25-09-03, 14:50
Originally posted by trigger hurt
What more does a tank need? Since early retail, they havent had the huge nerfs like monks or spies. Unless you count that runspeed with cannon out thing...but that makes alot of sense.

Secondly, I don't sit at home playing video games all day. I have 2 jobs and a girlfriend. I spend maybe 2 or 3 hours max playing this game. Why should I have to waste it running around trying to build a peice of armor?

I'm not complaining. I am asking why it is that NOW, all of a sudden, the 3 other classes who are just getting their PA's have to run all over the fucking world to get it. Give me a logical explanation and I will consider it. But if you just want to be insulting and call names, I'll only point and laugh at you.

First, please get your facts straight. The runspeed with cannons nerf is just the one tanks did complain most about as it renders frozen/paraspamed tanks useless. But that doesnt mean it was just that nerf. Tanks got nerfed a time ago pretty badly, please inform yourself properly.

Second, what you feel as annoying, other feel as an addition to the game, some even consider the small PA runs as content. But the point is: you don't need to participate in them, you can buy your PA by paying 10-50k more from another runner who is doing this run for you. A runner who discovered a new way to make credits instead of killing tons of mobs. I personally dont like the PA runs, but that is my problem. I solved it for myself by buying my monk PAs from a runner and twice I even saved credits.

Leebzie
25-09-03, 15:13
lets say. PA can be obtained

- By a run if you dont have/ dont want to pay the money
- By a shop if you wish to.

Then we are happy. BTW tanks can power up thier athletics to about 95 and the drop brings them down to 70 , which is where runspeed stops increasing very fast. going beyond 70 in ath and agil , at least to my experience , not even half as rewarding in runspeed.

Tanks , as i remember a long time ago , would neglect runspeed a lot anyway , instead they would pump up thier resists , simply crouch and absolutely own. Once people cant hurt you , it doesnt matter if you can move out of the way of the attack**.

*Plz note my personal stance on the issue if we have to have shop or run obtained PA , is to get it thru the shops. i dont feel tanks have it too good , i feel people who have to do the runs dont have it goon enough.

**i would really like to test out a lot more of these theories as a tank before i stand by them fully.

Lucjan
25-09-03, 15:24
Originally posted by Leebzie
Tanks , as i remember a long time ago , would neglect runspeed a lot anyway , instead they would pump up thier resists , simply crouch and absolutely own. Once people cant hurt you , it doesnt matter if you can move out of the way of the attack**.

**i would really like to test out a lot more of these theories as a tank before i stand by them fully.

It would be nice if would work so, but it doesnt. To achieve that situation the resist system needs to work progressive, just the other way round.

Kasumi
25-09-03, 15:38
Tank Power armo has been in sense beta.. so theres no reason to add a quest for them.. besides most tanks dont use PA and some provbably have 2-3 sets of the same armor so theres no reason..

s0apy
25-09-03, 16:05
Originally posted by REMUS
6 con is alot to a tank its about 10 dam per burst difference actually, and -25 is alot of athletics considering after 70-80 agl it does fuck all, if we had a table to work from we could work it out but we dont so there is no point in us argueing the point becuase we dont know when agl or ath caps at it could be 100 or 130 all we can tell is when it has less of an effect after 70-80

CON does not affect the damage you take. i quote:

Stamina: 0.6(60%) END + 0.1(10%) CON
Stamina Drain: 0.2(20%) ATL + 0.6(60%) END + 0.2(20%) CON
Body Health: 0.5(50%) HLT + 0.5(50%) CON

these are the ONLY things that CON plays a part in.

just for info.

oh and the runspeed calc is:

Run Speed: 0.26(26%) ATL + 0.26(26%) AGL

you can have 120AGL on a tank easy. my tank has this, is not CON capped, is not on the test server, and runs like the wind with PA3.

again, just for info :).

Lucjan
25-09-03, 16:08
s0apy I think he didnt meant the speed when you ran, but more into the direction of overspec values to increase speed when you run with the cannon out...

s0apy
25-09-03, 16:13
Originally posted by Lucjan
s0apy I think he didnt meant the speed when you ran, but more into the direction of overspec values to increase speed when you run with the cannon out...

lol - my paw of bear doesn't slow me down one bit ;). i think he was, tho, generally labouring under the misapprehension that CON level actually does something, and that at least i hope to have cleared up for him :).

cheers.

[edit]

on topic, i prefer that all PA "runs" be abolished, or made non-faction dependant. i'm fed up getting TT allied/neutral chars or friends to acquire these items for me. it's neither fun nor convenient.

Spy<VS>Spy
25-09-03, 16:50
higher level tank armors cost a mint though, so i dont mind. items that take more time but are cheaper are fair to me...though i DO think its wrong that a monk quest for pa requires a tank pa...

meh...