PDA

View Full Version : KAMI chips are worthless

Stigmata
24-09-03, 22:11
these chips are nice in the fact i can naturally cap a CS in all stats, but for the fact that after testing from myself and rizzy we both take 200+ per burst from a CS

It fucking laughable, in fact i was litterally ROFLMFAO

Andy

Marx
24-09-03, 22:14
People can choose to use them.

Frankly I see rifle users prospering the most seeing as a good rifle-person isn't hit.

That and methinks these are geared more towards levelin' folk as opposed to PvP folk.

Rizzy
24-09-03, 22:14
pure energy CS > Stig with kami chip in ;)

Rith
24-09-03, 22:16
I suspect the clue is in the title "Kamikaze" Chips

Do you take 200+ in normal combat testing (i.e. runnign around like nutters) or when standing still shooting each other in the noggin?

if i stand still and let a tank let rip with a CS then I get a new arsehole drilled... but at full speed its rare to catch a full burst

Itth
Originally posted by Itth
will still be uber for my snipar spy ;P

RIZZY! GIMME RIFLE CHIPOR! ROFL OMGROFL WOPTEAJTIEASjruiefsehtnertgujhseutgouwejrtćojtćo9rguporshgtpuhsgtuhsetgp9rug9ru 9uaettraetaetgvae vfaer arvaerfaserfsaerfaerf

EDIT: omg, i get spy pa, get my bloody motoric 3 out (rofl im far from capped, if anyone cars ;O) and get one of tyoose babies in

ill have like 200 rc omf: RPRROROOR ph33r!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

atleast now im not gona have to lom to a decent resist setup :)

Stigmata
pure energy CS > Stig with kami chip in

xray CS > rizzy 182 + 52 DMG ROFL

Andy

Rizzy
24-09-03, 22:18
Actually though, come to think of it I think waht they do are bugged. Im begining to think they take away all resists you have ;/

Stigmata
24-09-03, 22:28
my new clan tag

Stigmata,
New Dawn, DONT SHOOT ME IM A KAMI TANK

Andy

MayhemMike
24-09-03, 22:34
o nos . :O

Judge
24-09-03, 22:34
Well... they do what they are meant to do then. They are Kamikase chips lol. You die but you take some biatches down with you. :D

Unless they are APU of course.... then they will own you in three shots. :p

Heraclitus
24-09-03, 22:38
If they were so useless you wouldn't feel the need to post this now would you?

KidWithStick
24-09-03, 22:54
New Dawn, DONT SHOOT ME IM A KAMI TANK

lol thats a good one...

i had a feeling this would happen, most classes can cap almost all the stats on there weps without these chips..so i didnt really see a point unless your a crazy low lvl person.

Stigmata
24-09-03, 22:57
If they were so useless you wouldn't feel the need to post this now would you?

care to elaborate ?

Andy

Syntax-Error
24-09-03, 23:18
Kami chips rnt designed to just boost ure combat skillz. there designed to make u do BIG dmg and take BIG dmg. simple.

nonamebrandeggs
24-09-03, 23:21
Ever want to be a spy for a day? Just put in your Kamikaze! Coming soon to a store near you!

extract
24-09-03, 23:50
yea I agree the explanaition is in the name....a kamikaze drone dies but its tears whoever it hits a new arsehole(theoretically)

altho these kamikaze chips probably dont have much use for capped chars as it is possible to cap most rares when youre capped anyways...altho for the lower drugging chars who are leveling its probably a godsend....I wish I could find out for myself tho....Im dying sitting here watching a new patch and no active account =(

Xian
24-09-03, 23:58
Originally posted by Rith
if i stand still and let a tank let rip with a CS then I get a new arsehole drilled... but at full speed its rare to catch a full burst

Yeah but you need to be put in rehab for the amount of drugs you take. :p

As for the Kamikaze chips, its all in the name.

Shadow Dancer
25-09-03, 00:05
This is so stupid. I only found ONE kami sgt so far. That's IT!

I've been wandering around the stupid region for hours. I thought when the patch said "kami mobs in DOY region" that I was finally gonna have fun getting a rare implant or item and it won't be like the stupid mc5 NEOCAMP crap, but it seems KK wants to promote mindless wandering around for hours on end.

SorkZmok
25-09-03, 00:10
Originally posted by stigmata
these chips are nice in the fact i can naturally cap a CS in all stats, but for the fact that after testing from myself and rizzy we both take 200+ per burst from a CS

It fucking laughable, in fact i was litterally ROFLMFAO

Andy

In fact, your post is ROFLMFAO.
You dont like em, so dont fucking use em.

extract
25-09-03, 00:13
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
This is so stupid. I only found ONE kami sgt so far. That's IT!

well supposedly theres a pattern to the spawn, personally I wouldnt get to upset over it....they are useless in practical situations....

mdares
25-09-03, 00:58
just wanted something new to kill... wandered the K region for 2.5 hours... not a thing...

.Cyl0n
25-09-03, 01:56
200 + ???? wtf ?
umm i thought cs isnt the prob.. did like 130-150 dmg to one of our tanks unbuffed with the chip in o.O
but tgc .. it was like 1 mag = dead lmao

but wierd was that you couldnt see the malus in the armor window...nothing under resists too... is that bugged ?
anyway he took far more dmg so the chip itself worked ...it just didnt change the stats in the armor window o.O

evil o.O

.cy

Tazo
25-09-03, 02:51
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
but wierd was that you couldnt see the malus in the armor window...nothing under resists too... is that bugged ?
anyway he took far more dmg so the chip itself worked ...it just didnt change the stats in the armor window o.O
well, check your IMPLANT window, eh? its a chip, not a vest or something...

.Cyl0n
25-09-03, 03:06
Originally posted by Tazo
well, check your IMPLANT window, eh? its a chip, not a vest or something...

lol yea thats not my point :p
i thought you could see the malus at the armor stats o_O
it still says 97 nrg armor.. thats what confused me..anyway who cares as long it works *g*

.cy

KimmyG
25-09-03, 03:17
HHHmmm as feared I was hopeing it was something better than taking a CS that already has 178%dmg 200/min and fair aim I dont really remeber and making it 178%dmg 227/min and capped or near capped aim.

At the cost of double to tripple dmg you take so in essence you are geting 27/min more and dieing at 3x the speed. The chips might be worth while if they raised the dmg capped so u could fire away like a y commander's.

Kamikazi's die but the kill alot of people with them.

kamikaze
A Japanese pilot trained in World War II to make a suicidal crash attack, especially upon a ship.

An airplane loaded with explosives to be piloted in a suicide attack.

Slang. An extremely reckless person who seems to court death.

Im thinking its the third

kamikaze from the world war II fighter pilots I think this name should be changed from kamikaze chips maybe to tienimen square chips.

mehirc
25-09-03, 03:17
The KAMIchip really rocks for my pistol spy, lvling is so much easier with it. So plz dont tell me that the KAMIs are all shit :)

Mr Friendly
25-09-03, 03:19
these chips arent made for tanks, they mainly focus towards apu monks & spies. a tank & PE wouldnt advantage much at all from havin it in, unless u have a nice resist setup

KimmyG
25-09-03, 03:20
Originally posted by mehirc
The KAMIchip really rocks for my pistol spy, lvling is so much easier with it. So plz dont tell me that the KAMIs are all shit :)

THis is probably what there good for lvling all classes could taste this who needs enr for lvling it will be good for tanks in fire mob town most R&D spys seeing as you die fast from mobs anyway.

However PvP the onyl benifactor is the pure breed sniper easy cap on the silent hunter and easier use on the obliterator someone comes at you stealth and run

@Mr Friendly I would say for pvp spys only I dont wanna see what an HL is gonna do to a kamakaze monk. Shelter or not.

Shadow Dancer
25-09-03, 03:25
Well even with 3904720347023874023478027804723704 energy resist, there have been many times i've died to 3 headshots from a capped HL. So kami chip won't make too much of a difference, since 3 shots is the minimum for HL to kill you.

KimmyG
25-09-03, 03:31
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Well even with 3904720347023874023478027804723704 energy resist, there have been many times i've died to 3 headshots from a capped HL. So kami chip won't make too much of a difference, since 3 shots is the minimum for HL to kill you.

I thought by now you would have figured out my style or play PPU up the ass somethimes more than one.

Anyway now that I think about it my tank might be able to live that enr hit fairly well.Especialy ones the new bones comeout.

BombShell
25-09-03, 03:46
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Ever want to be a spy for a day? Just put in your Kamikaze! Coming soon to a store near you!

duno about anyone else but i was laughing at this :)

Marx
25-09-03, 03:53
seeing as my spy has non-existant resists.

non-existant resist force.

and doesn't wear armor.

I don't have any problems using one - 'specially since you can't get negetive resists.

Tycho C
25-09-03, 04:17
I also think they are bugged.

115 Energy resist. takes 50% of my life. By the numbers, that should be as good as it F'ing gets. Somethings not right.

The armor negadiv isn't shown.

If I can make good setups by the numbers and have them work, then why don't the numbers work for this.

I think they need to be looked into just in case they are in fact buged. They were, after all, never released for testing on the test server.