PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable...

libbo
24-09-03, 15:26
Will wonders never cease? I know the whole ebay thing has been covered before but now someone is selling off a butt load of NC (over 20 mil). Too bad I am such a cheap bastard...having that much cash at my disposal would come in pretty handy...

Guess I will keep doing things the hard way. :(

Shujin
24-09-03, 15:27
Originally posted by libbo
Will wonders never cease? I know the whole ebay thing has been covered before but now someone is selling off a butt load of NC (over 20 mil). Too bad I am such a cheap bastard...having that much cash at my disposal would come in pretty handy...

Guess I will keep doing things the hard way. :( ;OOOO i sold a 5 slot lib a couple days ago, but damn ;0 20 mil ;0 *cough exploiter *cough

RAB
24-09-03, 15:29
*logs onto ebay*

pesronally I dont see it as a problem - some people have real world money spare - others have real world time spare - you are only swapping one for the other really.

GurTjaN
24-09-03, 15:30
sellin ingame stuff @ ebay is
wrong mmmmmkay

//GurT

Lexxuk
24-09-03, 15:32
blergh, makin molah in NC is as easy as fallin off a barrel.

Way 1. Get a 2nd NC account, start off as Biotech, power level to about rank 40ish (PE = 1 day) do Biotech Epic, get moveon CPU, sell Moveon CPU for 2 Million NC, rince, repeat, by day 5, you'll have.... 10 Mil

Way 2. Make a APU monkeh, find a PPU monkeh, find somewhere you can barrel the shit out of mobs, barrel the shit out of mobs, earn millions, and level up, and make the PPU rich too.

Way 3. Get 2 more NC accounts, make two Spies, make Spy a, a researcher/barter, make spy b, a constructor. Make spy a research 100 WP 8's, then make him research a few EPR's. Then make him buy all the materials needed to make 100 EPR's (barter skill, researching 100 WP 8's should give nice EXP), with Spy b, make spy b construct all the weaponparts (starting with 8, highest EXP gain), then, to construct all the EPR's. Mod the EPR's with barrel/gyro etc.., and sell the 4/5 slots (if any), sell the rest to Hew's. EPR = about 2k to make, sells for about 9k. Cost to make 200,000, cost to sell, 900,000, rince, repeat (oh, make the barter sell them off, get about 1.3m for 100 EPR's then), shouldnt take too long to do, when you get 15 Million CR (not long, few hours work) you can sell them on E-Bay if you so desire, to cover the cost of monthly sub's and initial cost of the game (just dont tell anyone I told you ;))

FBI
24-09-03, 15:37
Are you all insane.

I spend 2 hours at mc5 every other day and get 1-5 parts. Each
part sells for 4million+....easy money.

With just a tank and ppu it can take 10-20 minutes to kill base
commander, and i remember once 3 parts dropped. Sold them
all for 13million. There's no exploit or secret, I rather die at mc5
getting parts that sell for 4+ mill each than to drag and drop
construction + barter for HOURS...anyday.

FBI

Dave Kujan
24-09-03, 15:38
Originally posted by RAB
*logs onto ebay*

pesronally I dont see it as a problem - some people have real world money spare - others have real world time spare - you are only swapping one for the other really.
i think we just found the seller! hahahahahaha just kiddin'! i agree with ya, if you earn it you oughta be able to do with it what you want!

i've looked at some of them weps you see a lot of and have been sorely tempted (especially with the pk'ing going on nowadays!!!) but i JUST can't quite bring myself to spend $20-50 on a weapon i can't hold in my hands and fire! :lol:

but 20,000,000...man, that's tempting...that would be a helluva cushion and you could actually be doing fun stuff instead of slaving away in the salt mines.

man, this is getting to be too much like real life!;)

ericdraven
24-09-03, 15:39
Some people just seem to be too stupid to make money in NC.

As Lexx said, with BRT/CST/RES you can make 20 millions in a day.. oh yes.. that's expl0iting OMG OMG KOS KOS!!!!!111

FBI
24-09-03, 15:40
Originally posted by ericdraven

As Lexx said, with BRT/CST/RES you can make 20 millions in a day.. oh yes.. that's expl0iting OMG OMG KOS KOS!!!!!111

Yeah but will that ingame money pay for the arthritis you get from
drag and drops ? :p

FBI

Shujin
24-09-03, 15:40

As Lexx said, with BRT/CST/RES you can make 20 millions in a day.. oh yes.. that's expl0iting OMG OMG KOS KOS!!!!!111 u'd b suprised

ericdraven
24-09-03, 15:42
Originally posted by FBI
Yeah but will that ingame money pay for the arthritis you get from
drag and drops ? :p

FBI
:lol:

I wouldn't do this anyway.. constructing is boring like hell... your method is better.. let me see... have 80 MC5 parts at the moment. hmm... worth.. 350 millions? W00t.. i will get rich IRL! :p :p

RAB
24-09-03, 15:43

Right you are but also you have to consider that some people have kid/s, work stupid hours and only get a few hours game time a week and only have maybe 1 char and if they wanna spend a few squid putting a gun in that chars hand they would otherwise probably never get then fine by me.

"Just found the seller"
Buyer you mean ! :)
hoho

KRIMINAL99
24-09-03, 15:46
Originally posted by FBI
Are you all insane.

I spend 2 hours at mc5 every other day and get 1-5 parts. Each
part sells for 4million+....easy money.

With just a tank and ppu it can take 10-20 minutes to kill base
commander, and i remember once 3 parts dropped. Sold them
all for 13million. There's no exploit or secret, I rather die at mc5
getting parts that sell for 4+ mill each than to drag and drop
construction + barter for HOURS...anyday.

FBI

Agreed it gets boring however if you are good with math and can figure out which items have the highest return for time put in (not money put in as time is the limiting factor) then you can make obscene amounts of money in a really short time.

Dave Kujan
24-09-03, 15:47

that would be me...:D i must be missing something but i can't figger out what it is!!! i can't play all day/night but i DO play for hours but i never seem to find the valuables or do the things necessary to get those big boosts...i guess maybe i'll have to give one of the techniques above a try!

ericdraven
24-09-03, 15:48
Originally posted by RAB
Right you are but also you have to consider that some people have kid/s, work stupid hours and only get a few hours game time a week and only have maybe 1 char and if they wanna spend a few squid putting a gun in that chars hand they would otherwise probably never get then fine by me.

Nothing against them. I work stupid hours as well.. but it pisses me off if someone sells 20 mio on ebay and the first thing you get to see is "OMGOMG expl0itahhhh!!!11".

\\Fényx//
24-09-03, 15:56
ahahah I know who that is and I know where the money's from... teh bastard :p

RAB
24-09-03, 15:57
oh yeah - I wasn't arguing with you - it isn't an exploit at all.
Doing something illegal in the game to benefit yourself or others.
If you can make the money via normal game means then it's as clean as it comes.

Heavyporker
24-09-03, 16:09
That stuff's interesting me...

For one, yeah, it'd pay off the subs...

but a couple questions - how can you ensure fair trade?

By this I mean by paying RL cash for ingame cash? How do you ensure that both sides play it fair?

If DoY does bring the new players in, then, yeah, I'd bet that this ebay thing would be viable (though I hope that the money gain would be trimmed a bit or everything'd be shot to hell within weeks if not a couple of months)

Lexxuk
24-09-03, 16:14
Ok, well, my own "personal" way of making money, dont make much, but its a profit.

Buy 20 PA 2's @ 111k each (no barter)
Buy 15 rng thingy and 5 heal groups
Make 20 LE chips
Buy 20 vests
Buy 400 Chitin (or kill rats for 2 years)

Go to Tawkeen, make 15 APU 2 and 5 PPU 2

Sell @ 200k each. Cost to make, about 150k 50k profit per run x 20 = 1mil or something. (I sell my APU/PPU armour at very fair prices)

BlackPrince
24-09-03, 16:27
FBI, as was pointed out, some of us have more RL money than we do time. That said, I'd rather spend the $50 making 20m than the few hours needed to earn it in game. Crunching numbers, buying the cash is a more productive use of my time than earning it, which means I can go on to do the things I want to do in game rather than worry about money.

Dave Kujan
24-09-03, 18:13
Originally posted by Heavyporker
That stuff's interesting me...

For one, yeah, it'd pay off the subs...

but a couple questions - how can you ensure fair trade?

By this I mean by paying RL cash for ingame cash? How do you ensure that both sides play it fair?

If DoY does bring the new players in, then, yeah, I'd bet that this ebay thing would be viable (though I hope that the money gain would be trimmed a bit or everything'd be shot to hell within weeks if not a couple of months)
i imagine it's basically the same as buying anything else...you pay the guy on ebay with a postal money order then contact him with a time to get in touch with you in the game. if he doesn't show, he's defrauded you, which is a criminal violation, and since you paid with a postal money order, you can get the post office involved. plus, you can get ebay involved and leave negative feedback to scare away future customers (if ebay doesn't outright ban the seller). just make sure you keep a copy of everything!

...as you can tell, i'm an ebay junkie...:p man, i'm talking myself into bidding on this thing...:mad:

massic
24-09-03, 18:22
LOL

Somones selling a TL 150 CST TOOL for $2 on ebay, that's just sad.

ericdraven
24-09-03, 19:06
Originally posted by massic
LOL

Somones selling a TL 150 CST TOOL for $2 on ebay, that's just sad.
Heh... as long as people are willing to pay for something like this.. o_O

Heavyporker
24-09-03, 23:55
Hm, interesting.

Yeah, it's something for me to consider because I consider myself fairly skilled at loot whoring... (who'd thunk it) and have built up a decent supply of money. Only a few mill, but I'm sure that if I truly want to make money, I'll root around for some swag, like a 5 slotted something something. Like my 5 slot HL (bought for like 400k nc months ago when everyone thought APUs were gimps) , my 5 slot PE that I hacked off an asshole pker's belt, a 5 slot laserblade (not sure of level) that I hacked out of some sap's belt that died in a swampcave. Plus there is the stash of Cresent Tabs I have... that I can't clone anymore (not good, those were the bomb). So just by my sheer history of loot whoring, I have a solid finanical position ingame. I can't really say the same for RL, so if I can leverage my success ingame into something that would soften the RL side, I don't think I would really have any problems with it.

And when I asked about that money thing, I wanted to know about what if YOU'RE the one offering the NC money for RL cash... how would you ensure the buyer would play it fair?

Wallen
25-09-03, 02:57
At least its not like in Beta when StockX was released, people were literally getting BILLIONS of nc...

Good thing retail hit the shelves only a few weeks later. (with the problem solved, i might add)

Dave Kujan
25-09-03, 15:15
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Hm, interesting.

And when I asked about that money thing, I wanted to know about what if YOU'RE the one offering the NC money for RL cash... how would you ensure the buyer would play it fair?
ah, that's even easier! first, you get the payment! never ever deliver the goods before you get the money...then, if the buyer doesn't pay, you just relist the item, leave bad feedback for the buyer, and contact ebay to get the money they take out returned to you.