PDA

View Full Version : Whiel were waiting - 1st person V's 3rd person

Thundra
24-09-03, 14:30
ok guys while were waiting lets have a discussion aout who uses what view.

In general if im fighting mobs or walkin about the city im in 3rd person. its eayer to see whats goin on and u can use the scenary better fighting mobs.

i use 1st person view when in pvp as u do get a slide effect with the aim in 3rd person (only slightly) which makes it harder to aim.

Just post what u do and give your thoughts

FBI
24-09-03, 14:32
Third person for everything, sometimes first person if the camera
angle is not good or I can't target something close to me.

Also, almost always thirdperson in open areas, first person in
small areas like mc5 commander room. If your back is against a
wall in thirdperson, it screws with the camera.

FBI

J. Folsom
24-09-03, 14:35
First person for everything, except if I want to see how my latest
outfit change looks.

And yes, I'm experimenting with the shorter lines thing as well,
since I must admit those posts are pretty easy on the eyes.

superfresh
24-09-03, 14:36
My combat characters are female and have nice butts so I'm always in third person.

DIS
24-09-03, 14:42
Being PPU i like to see whats going on around me in PvP so i usually go 3rd person. However i stick with 1st person in tight areas such as PP due to the dodgy camera angles.

japata
24-09-03, 14:42
Always 3rd, except when barreling or PPU'ing. With ppu's I've learnt to change and cast a spell according to the movements of the glove. :)

GurTjaN
24-09-03, 14:45
erm i posted exactly the same about a week ago ...

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75520

//GurT

Thundra
24-09-03, 14:47
well that was a week ago and i was in ibiza so thets just carry on with this new one while we wait for the patch :)

Vid Gamer
24-09-03, 14:58
I used to do pretty much everything in 3rd person. I actually was a big fan of 1st and I hated 3rd for a while, but once you get used to it it's way better, especially for PvP.

I used to play a Tank and in 1st person my weapons took up half the screen in 1st, not to mention the reticle would wobble around a ton when I was shooting. In 3rd, you get a better view plus the reticle stays perfectly still.

You just need some practice on it.

Thundra
24-09-03, 14:59
ya ive used my tank in 3rd person for pvp for that same reason as well. its a tough choice to make as tey both have ads and disads

OTIS
24-09-03, 15:10
i ppu in 1st person and pistol and rifle in 1st person but that will change with the new pa...i wanna look at my new butt:p

RAB
24-09-03, 15:15
3rd person unless:...
inside tight spaces - ooo errr... :/
pummeling something with a aoe weapon

Jolt
24-09-03, 15:20
Droning: First.

PE/APU: First or third depending on how i feel.

Tank: Almost always third (Third has alot more advanatges vs first for a tank, such as weapon size, recoil etc.).

notneo
24-09-03, 15:43
3rd persom mostly as u can see a whole lot more,unlees using a weapon where u cannot see the target

iainy13
24-09-03, 15:48
first person always when hunting mobs an when i am far away from who i wanna hit. 3rd person when im up close an need 2 c em better. also anyone lag in fire?

ZoneVortex
24-09-03, 16:04
Third for me except when barreling

Wannabe
24-09-03, 16:08
With my APU, I use 1st person mode mostly when barreling. Hopefully KK fixes the issue with barrels so I can go third person all the way.

With my spy, mostly 3rd person due to recoil. First person only when I'm using the mini rocket launcher.

Anyone noticed that the mini rocket launcher should actually be dual fire? Look at the model and the firing animation at it.

// Wannabe