PDA

View Full Version : A change to how we zone...

VetteroX
24-09-03, 05:14
One of the most annoying things to me in this game is when im fighting someone, and they zone to escape, as we all know in pepper park. even worse is pking say in TH, or MB, and the person you are attacking zones back and forth, over and over and over, untill you of you gets stuck in synch. Then we have people who will zone into hunting areas so you cant kill them without losing SL. This crap is really starting to piss me off, its not just pking, it ruins combat in general. Here are my proposals:

1) A player has to wait 5 seconds before zoneing, ex, hit zoneline and a small bar comes up Zoneing..... no, you could exit this by backing out into the orignial zone, but if you want to enter a new zone, you would have to wait the 5 seconds. This isnt much of an inconvinence to travelers and stops zone escaping.

Some people might find this a little harsh, but i truely cant see an argument vs option 2:

2) People can zone as normal, except, they have to wait 10 seconds until they can zone back into the zone they just zoned from. Ex, someone couldnt zone back and forth between 2 zones every second to esape a fight.

ZoneVortex
24-09-03, 05:15
Why we changing to meeeeee?? Nooooo don't change me.

I think if someone's gonna be pussy enough to zone everytime they're about to lose to someone in a fight then whatever, fuck them and forget them..

However, zoning is still handy in pp when a cops after you or whatever, since cops flat out blow, so i dunno

extract
24-09-03, 05:17
or they can just take away safe zones in general

ZoneVortex
24-09-03, 05:19
Originally posted by extract
or they can just take away safe zones in general

Still wouldn't stop people from zoning constantly to escape battle

extract
24-09-03, 05:22
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
Still wouldn't stop people from zoning constantly to escape battle

so what they zone....big deal, you got two feet follow them

wolfwood
24-09-03, 05:24
what if a newb zones into a huge fight in the middle of a hunting zone ?

Smugly
24-09-03, 05:34
Well, if they're smart they'll still have the LE in. Otherwise all I can say is hard luck. Wrong place, wrong time. Callous maybe but you can't really ask everybody else if they'd mind sodding off and having their battle someplace else.

KidWithStick
24-09-03, 05:41
IMO if i kill someone and they get rezzed, i feel stupid...plus i got bad SL now. so if im on my APU ill use poisin to kill them then sync so i wont lose SL. if this is an exploit then sue me. its been in the game foerver and doesnt seem like its going to go away. i think of it as like a bad guy poisining someone's food thenr unning away, your not going to know if you killed him or not, so why would you lose SL.

Q`alooaith
24-09-03, 05:45
I'd say yea to this idea...

though only to the 5 seconds till you can go though into the next zone, not the rezone though... since somtimes when traveling I'll end up going though corner's and if I slip back down a hill and zone out, then ten seconds till I can get moving again is anyoing is hell..

So five seconds at the zone line, maybe call it decontamination... or maybe 10 seconds for unsafe to safe zones, call it Weapons check in, which gives a real reason why ppl can't pull weapons in safezones..

Mankind
24-09-03, 06:16
nah it's not a big annoyance really. Just let them zone and they can be called the pussies of the server.

athon
24-09-03, 10:27
What if you're running through the wastelands, you zone, and there's a warbot or DoY unit too close? You're gonna be real pissed if you have to wait 10 seconds before you zone, cause expecially if it's a unit you're gonna end up dead. I say leave it as it is, let the pussies run.

Athon Solo

Scikar
24-09-03, 10:38
It's not about running. If they run you can chase them. It's when they go back and forth, back and forth, non-stop zone. Try it on someone at Cycrow. Tell him to zone in and out of the caves repeatedly, and then try to kill him. You can't, because as soon as he starts to zone into the cave, he becomes invulnerable. And then on the other side, he's invisible for a short time. So it's impossible to kill him.

Leebzie
24-09-03, 10:46
The entire idea of having "zones" loses realism anyway , and realism from combat too. people cant zone IRL for gods sake...

there was a good system i once saw where all the zones overlapped properly , so to the server you were still in one zone. but you could appear in two. Runescape was something like this too , all its areas overlapped so you existed in both , and you could fight players in both , and players in both could fight you. So although you "zoned" everything around you would be identical , the only reason you ever noticed you'd moved zone was a small "loading" message. it also means no strange endings too the landscape everywhere...

sounds a lot more complex than it is , ill have to draw a diagram.

icarium
24-09-03, 10:49
its sad but i think a delay on zoning would be extremely anoying for the none PvPing community. its also noob unfriendly and we DO NOT need yet more things to put n00bs off. i can see this game going down the tubes as it is, the way to prevent this is to get new people in. if that makes me a carebear so be it

Edit: typo's

\\Fényx//
24-09-03, 10:51
I suggested something like this a while ago, good idea http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif

Icarium, It's 5 seconds, a newb takes like 40 seconds to crawl through a single zone as their slower than stephan hawkins without his chair o_O Under what circumstances would a 5 second limit between zone's upset the roleplayers and newbs :confused:

Leebzie
24-09-03, 10:54
lol. I remember boasting neocron lom system, when it took no SI , no xp , and you could reshuffle to your hearts content... a lot of my mates were geniunely interested in that one...

of course soon after I found sumthin good to talk about they nerfed them to hell... i couldnt care less if loms were exploited , at least they were kinda fun , and if you got bored you could change role without goin thru hell... for christs sake , it was fun. no matter what it did to the RP value of the game.

Lathuc
24-09-03, 10:59
@leebzie Shadowbane did that but um yeah it had i lil lag sometimes :rolleyes:

on topic i dont like either idea

mdares
24-09-03, 11:06
i gotta agree... zone fighting is ghey... u hit them, they run to zone... wut the hell man...