PDA

View Full Version : now i see why people are leaving the game

masterguyver
23-09-03, 23:05
Today when in outzone hunting big mutants a player named [ edited for violation of the forum rules - harassment ] desided that he would be a big tough guy by killing me when i am at 5 hp and running form mobs, then as i was trying to get my stuff back he stood there and killed me twice.
Now don't give me no bs that i am anti pk, I am kist agenst taking advantage of the other player being lower lvl, low on hp, have no equipment, or just standing there.

Ps someone desided to take advantage that i was standing there and killed me wie i was typing this.

\\Fényx//
23-09-03, 23:08
naming people on forums will get you in trouble...

I know it sucks, but asses are part of the game...

Vid Gamer
23-09-03, 23:08
Keep your LE in.

KidWithStick
23-09-03, 23:09
that isnt why people are leaving.

vet's that are capped or really high lvl are leaving.

not because someone killed them a couple times..there leaving over more important things like paraspamming and techdrop rates, rares being not rare and so important

Sorontar
I'd take that players name outta there if you want this to remain open methinks

FuzzyDuck
gimme and L, gimme an E, gimme a deep fried slice of potato, what'd'ya got?

LE Chip.

I always keep LE in my lower level players to stop this crap from happening. Since you can't use any implants anyway, why don't you just leave the LE chip in?!

Disturbed021
It is a tough world. You can be killed in any zone but safezones.

Sux that u get pkd when fightin a mob but you need to understand that that is part of the game.

Heraclitus
23-09-03, 23:11
Yeah I used to take that kind of ganking personally, now I just ignore it. On the other hand I have a player that can at least fight back now. So hold out until that point anyway.

Tazo
23-09-03, 23:11
this is cyberpunk, dammit... what do you expect?!

Q`alooaith
23-09-03, 23:16
Keep ya LE in untill your at a goodish level if you don't want to fight..

rember, the backpack can be genrepped away for a small fee, so you don't have to be without your gear.. and if you realy need your blet back just go, grab and put whatever was in it in slot 1, then even if you die again you loss nothing.. then you just have to genrep your gear back from your apt..

getting beaten up is not nice, but it's part of the game, next time use the faction chat and call for backup..

Keep it in Game...

alig
23-09-03, 23:29
This is a game, not a fucking real life, like it even matters 1% show, killing is part of the game, if u get killed, u get killed, simple as that, theres no point saying im 'not an anti pk' and then naming a shaming someone while going out of the way to bitch about it on the forums if u feel pk'ing is part of the game is there!?:rolleyes:

StryfeX
24-09-03, 00:07
I don't think you guys are being all that fair to him. Yes, he should probably have his LE in, but getting shot in the back simply for being there trying to play the game and have fun is not a good thing.

In fact, it's things like that why I think we're losing newbies. Some idiot tells a 0/2 newbie to take out their LE and then they proceed to get themselves ganked for (to them) some unknown reason. After a while, unless some benevolent player comes along to help guide them, they simply say "screw it" and give up. Not like I blame them, either. If that had happened to me when I first got ingame, I'd prolly be gone, too.

Masterguyver, if you want, you can DM me and I can show you some good levelling spots that are "off the beaten path" so to speak. Places like that are a lot better for your health, trust me...

--Stryfe

Disturbed021
24-09-03, 00:40
Originally posted by StryfeX

In fact, it's things like that why I think we're losing newbies. Some idiot tells a 0/2 newbie to take out their LE and then they proceed to get themselves ganked for (to them) some unknown reason. After a while, unless some benevolent player comes along to help guide them, they simply say "screw it" and give up. Not like I blame them, either. If that had happened to me when I first got ingame, I'd prolly be gone, too.

I dont think anyone is being too harsh.

It sux getting ganked when u first start the game especially by really high level players. I got ganked lots when I started long ago and I bitched a little bit about it in the ingames forum, but it didn't make me want to leave the game.
I just wrote down the name(s) and vowed I would kill the soddy bastas one day....too bad they all quit b4 I cud :( :mad: :lol:

Q`alooaith
24-09-03, 00:51
We're not being terible, just making sure he know's that it's a lesson we all learnt at one time or anther..

Never go back for your pack a third time, if they guy hung out to kill you when you came back and then you kept coming back then you'll never have fun with Neocron..

Some people try and help out new players in MC5 when they first start, teach em a few basic's.. But then everyone on the forum's say "get out as fast as you can"... which don't make it any easyer, since they've been told to get out fast, and most of them do.. when MC5 is a great area, you can learn about hunting, and some PvP if you take your LE out and a hostile faction is about.. and in MC5 it don't matter as much..

StryfeX
24-09-03, 01:35
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
We're not being terible, just making sure he know's that it's a lesson we all learnt at one time or anther..

Never go back for your pack a third time, if they guy hung out to kill you when you came back and then you kept coming back then you'll never have fun with Neocron..

Some people try and help out new players in MC5 when they first start, teach em a few basic's.. But then everyone on the forum's say "get out as fast as you can"... which don't make it any easyer, since they've been told to get out fast, and most of them do.. when MC5 is a great area, you can learn about hunting, and some PvP if you take your LE out and a hostile faction is about.. and in MC5 it don't matter as much.. Combat with Lazar Rifles! :D :lol:

And I didn't actually mean that the lesson was too harsh, just all the idiots powerposting and saying nothing more than "STFU! Put your LE in, n00b!" Reactions like that *will* cause people to leave. Instead, you could have said, "Yeah, it's all happened to us at some point or another, here's some ideas on how to avoid it...[idea(s)]".

Offer some help, be kind, and you've made an ally for a good long time. Otherwise, just shut up. No one's forcing you to post here. NC's got enough trouble as it is without peabrains jumping on newbies from the getgo.

--Stryfe

Q`alooaith
24-09-03, 02:21
No one's forcing you to post here. NC's got enough trouble as it is without peabrains jumping on newbies from the getgo.

is yow calling mi a peaa braayn?

:p

Remeber ppl, a newb is for life, not just for Xmas...

Ryuben
24-09-03, 02:24
too fucking right guys u could have jsut said quiet sensibly

*what faction you in*
*what class/rank"

and tried to help him and NOT try to show off to the rest of the forums poulation by posting *harharhar put ur LE in noob u got ganked har har har i r uber!!!!1111oneoneone"

bloody nobs

[edit typo:rolleyes: ] noobs*

Alex Mars
24-09-03, 02:35
Today when in outzone hunting big mutants a player named [ edited for violation of the forum rules - harassment ] desided that he would be a big tough guy by killing me when i am at 5 hp and running form mobs, then as i was trying to get my stuff back he stood there and killed me twice.
Now don't give me no bs that i am anti pk, I am kist agenst taking advantage of the other player being lower lvl, low on hp, have no equipment, or just standing there.

Ps someone desided to take advantage that i was standing there and killed me wie i was typing this.

Yeah, well, get used to it. If you really don't like it the game might not be for you. This game is infested with losers that like to kill weaker opponents, they are here because they cannot hack the competition of a shooter game that doesn't have low level characters to prey on. If you complain about it some idiot will tell you that it is supposed to be a dark cyberpunk game, even though almost no roleplaying actually goes on in the game.

Q`alooaith
24-09-03, 02:38
It's hard to tell who's flaming who now....

*ponder's for a time*

I think everyone's flaming the forum..

*ponder's comment*

and thus are flaming all posters

anyway.. If you need tip's on where to hunt, or advice ask about.. most ppl don't mind helping new ppl out, faction channel can be pretty good, though I'm not sure how it is on all server's and all factions, but saturn is pretty nice to own factioner's, NExT have some very nice and helpfull people too..

VetteroX
24-09-03, 03:09
LOL! Masterguver is a damn hypocrite! when My spy was like 12/12 using a tl 20 smg, he watches me for a few minutes killing things in OZ. he "accidentily" keeps shooting me with his rocket pistol, i didnt care, cause the con was nice. Then he directs me, saying "you will e my first pk victom" and kill me while im at likr 40 hp from fighting the butchee. Now, I dont care, cause hell, I pk all day, but now, he pks an injured spy, 1/3 his level, and is crying about being pked? Not only that, I got poked, and went back with my spy. He didnt even have the balls to stay and give me a chance for revence. So please, stfu Guyver. PKing is park of the game. And, newsflash, if u get pked DONT GO BACK TO GET YOUR SHIT, YOU WILL BE PKED AGAIN... DUH!!!

DarkPhoenix
24-09-03, 03:15
One reason people (vets), IMO, are leaving the game because they've had enough of the twits who get pissed that their noob gets pked.

I say put your damn LE in and stop complaining about something that is a huge part of the game.

:D

Colt45
24-09-03, 03:52
Dont hate the game, Hate the players

I said this before, but it took the mods 6 minutes to lock my thread.
Anyways, this community is by far the worst of any game I've ever played. It's like a combination of spammy twelve year olds, with the egotism of lifeless thirtysomethings. It's the worst of both worlds. It's battlenet with a social structure. I'll admit there are a minority of humane players here, but there are nowhere near enough to keep the atmosphere welcoming, and the game afloat.

There is nothing you can do to save this game, as long as you keep playing it.

Mantus
24-09-03, 04:45
Originally posted by Colt45
Dont hate the game, Hate the players

I said this before, but it took the mods 6 minutes to lock my thread.
Anyways, this community is by far the worst of any game I've ever played. It's like a combination of spammy twelve year olds, with the egotism of lifeless thirtysomethings. It's the worst of both worlds. It's battlenet with a social structure. I'll admit there are a minority of humane players here, but there are nowhere near enough to keep the atmosphere welcoming, and the game afloat.

There is nothing you can do to save this game, as long as you keep playing it.

Colt45 this is obviously your first community...cuz they are all like this...and when they arnt its usually because the mods delete every thread accept those that praise the game (like the Ashrons Call 2 boards) or ban every user that says anything bad about the game or the company (like the Ragranok boards).

MMORPGs attract all sorts of people, the good the bad and the ones you would pommel to death with their own limb after you tear it off. Just something you gota live with.

[edit] oh yah...about the original subject. Masterguyver, i know it sucks to be PK'ed but if it bothers you so much, you should really consider putting your LE chip back in. There is nothing wrong with wearing one it will save you allot of stress and help you get used to the game, so that when you remove it you will be ready for it.

Keiron
24-09-03, 04:59
Of all the things KK loses players to, it's not PK's or in-game short-comings, it's MC5. That place is the single worst noob area I have ever seen (and trust me, I have seen a lot of noob areas in games). A close 2nd would prolly be the corrupt downloads on the trials. Those two alone have cost KK 100's of players IMHO.

Smugly
24-09-03, 05:44
Personally, I wonder how many others are leaving for reasons similar to this? They come into the game, probably armed with some out dated information about the LE so they take it out. Maybe they're on the trial. Maybe they got a cheap copy in a shop somewhere. Chances are, when some nob ganks them and they don't know what the hell they're doing, they're just going to wonder "why bother?". In the 3 seconds it effortlessly takes to gank someone at the low ends of the game, it's too easy to cost the game another player. I'm betting the discrepency between trial downloads and actual Newbies on the servers is probably a combination of this and MC5.

Devils Grace
24-09-03, 11:22
why ppl always blame pkers, killing, ganking to be the main problem of this game and therefore the reason why ppl is leaving this game...........it isnt

and why are some ppl trying to make this game world pure and clean if in our real world that dont hapend

we got liaers, thieves, assassins, u dont ahve rappist kuz u cant have sex in game.

this is a cyberpunk world devastated by a nuclear war with strange things happening and where ppl do whatever they want.

now if u say that ppl are leaving kuz they capped a severall char and the only thing they got to do is pk, now there i agree with ya

RAB
24-09-03, 11:45
That is a shame dude and I'm sure you're pee'd about it BUT (in RP sense) Its a dangerious world full of nasty orrid people who want no more than to kill you and pee on yuor smoking corpse.
If you go out without the protection of your LE you have to accept this risk regardless of wheather you are armed or not.
:(

icarium
24-09-03, 11:55
Originally posted by Devils Grace
why ppl always blame pkers, killing, ganking to be the main problem of this game and therefore the reason why ppl is leaving this game...........it isnt

and why are some ppl trying to make this game world pure and clean if in our real world that dont hapend

we got liaers, thieves, assassins, u dont ahve rappist kuz u cant have sex in game.

this is a cyberpunk world devastated by a nuclear war with strange things happening and where ppl do whatever they want.

now if u say that ppl are leaving kuz they capped a severall char and the only thing they got to do is pk, now there i agree with ya

because as a new player you will inveriably be lost / confused / skint. the last thing you need to add to your problems is some complete arsehole (and they are always arseholes) shooting you for no reason. Also dont use the "its a cyberpunk game blah blah" to excuse ignorant, childish and ultimately selfish behaviour.

also dont use the old "roleplaying" a serial killer bullshit either. getting ganked + hassled for no discernable reason + MC5 = n00bs never getting to appreciate how good this game can be.

back to the original point, unfortunately its part of the game, best bet is to try and join a neutral faction such as FA.

also i wonder how many of these "new" players are rerolls and second accounts? because the server pops sure as hell doont seem to be rising

Devils Grace
24-09-03, 12:19
i say again

u cant make this virtual world better then ur real world

i agrre about mc5 yes, was better when u just started in ur apy and go to plaza and ask for help like i did long time ago

and they also explain to me right away about pkers

i was on pluto so if u were there u prob know who was the most famous pker there,,, and he killed me a lot of times..........sooo

and i remove my LE right away on all my chars, funnier this way, but if ppl to get annoyed about this let him stay

Wannabe
24-09-03, 12:37
*Starts counting how many times he got PK'ed*
*Runs out of fingers and uses toes*
*Runs out of toes and starts using his computers*
*Runs out of computers*

Ah heck!

Like everyone said, if you don't want to be part of the PvP action going on (or is it PvN, player versus Newbie nowadays?), keep your LE implanted. This way you can't get hurt by other players outside safe zones.

Keep it in until you feel your leveled enought to take part of the PvP action. Level higher and then hunt down the person who killed you.

A good way to make the random PK cost the PK'er a lot is to keep your SouLight as high as possible. This way when they kill you, they get a major hit to their SL and are tagged as the 'bad boy' by the CopBots and then get attacked by them.

A good way to survive in this world is NOT to trust anyone. Not your faction allies nor your faction's neutrals (Proved by undisclosed clan leaders.. you know who you are!)

Take care.

// Wannabe

Brammers
24-09-03, 12:42
If you get killed - why dont you go and kill them back? Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I got killed the other day by a enermy faction doner down graves. (Generally speaking on Pluto there is a NaP down graves between enermy faction droners)

So what did I do? Head back to graves, with a rare PN and kill them.

KRIMINAL99
24-09-03, 15:37
I don't think you guys are being all that fair to him. Yes, he should probably have his LE in, but getting shot in the back simply for being there trying to play the game and have fun is not a good thing.

Masterguyver, if you want, you can DM me and I can show you some good levelling spots that are "off the beaten path" so to speak. Places like that are a lot better for your health, trust me...

--Stryfe

We dont lose noobs in fact every low lvler that Ive ever seen get pked complains about it and threatens to leave if they are immature but then sticks around all the more to get higher and get the person back...

Anyways if they take their LE out and noone kills them how will they now that they shouldve left it in?

notneo
24-09-03, 16:08
or join a strong clan and get them to repeatedly kill the offending pk er untill they quit

Colt45
24-09-03, 19:08
NC = BNET + CS + EQ

Tell me this isn't the most horrible congregration of the mentally inept, since the creation of AOL

Doc Holliday
24-09-03, 19:31
was he on the uranus server m8? pm me his details i love killin twats................. for a price!