PDA

View Full Version : How to Powerlvl a spy ?

GurTjaN
23-09-03, 15:25
what in your opinion lvls the spy his dex and int the fastest ?

Droner.
Pistol.
Rifle.

Tell me cuz im about to start a spy and itll be a resser on saturn soon with pure research skill so very high :) it doesnt matter what i do with the dex skill just need some fast int gainage.

and can some1 tell me if a droner is able to lvl in a swamp cave cuz that would be uber..

thx in advance

//GurT

Oath
23-09-03, 15:32
droner by far the fastest Int n dex gain.

Inchenzo
23-09-03, 15:35
I'm sick, i couldn't resist option 4, if that option wasn't there i would have chosen droning, it's the fastest way to lvl for spies

Peeping Tom
23-09-03, 15:37
Dont realy matter as loong as you got a ppu :P
getting good poison resist and get nice psi lv's helps to.. ( read chaos\swamp caves or Graves )
K4F

jernau
23-09-03, 15:38
Drones - no question.

Swamp cave is OK for fun but XP-wise nothing compares to the Graves.

Nexxy
23-09-03, 15:38
depends how your gunna lvl. With a PPU bitch 24/7 rifles. Or if you gunna do it alone and using "legit" methods droning would probably be best.

iainy13
23-09-03, 15:39
i dont know.... on 10 days of using rilfles i got up to using the rog.... but o well whatever suites u.

Scikar
23-09-03, 15:41
Lots of people say drones, though I must admit personally I think sniping mobs with rifles is faster. Hitting snakes in the graves with an AoE drone is good, but you can drop a WB much quicker with a rifle, and you get tech parts too.

Stigmata
23-09-03, 15:45
DRONES

12 hours DEX/INT 75 at graves

boring but fast

Andy

ericdraven
23-09-03, 15:45
Originally posted by Scikar
Lots of people say drones, though I must admit personally I think sniping mobs with rifles is faster. Hitting snakes in the graves with an AoE drone is good, but you can drop a WB much quicker with a rifle, and you get tech parts too.
Have to agree here.
I don't know why people are so hysteric about "teh grave" and that it's so ubaaar to level there.
I got the same XP as rifle spy as i got as droner in the graves PLUS if i hunt "normal" mobs i additionally get tons of rare parts as well.

Phiberdelic
23-09-03, 15:48
Well with rifles you can specifically taget which skill you want to lvl, INT or DEX. I have 2 more levels in DEX till cap so I use my Healing Light and get 500k DEX/100k INT from a Y Commander, or I can use my PE and gain 300k INT/25k DEX. So I think there is more flexibility with rifles than with Drones, I mean once I cap DEX why use a HEALING LIGHT anymore when I can get my INT from a PE which take much longer if still using a HEALING LIGHT.

GurTjaN
23-09-03, 15:48
thx for all the good replies keep em commin...

i think that if you jump into the swamp cave and there are some corners where the mobs cant hit u if you jump there heal and launch u should be ok so far ive almost lvled all my char's there and theyre all pretty good

wonder how drone vs shaman will do
lol never seen that before a drone in swamp cave

should be someting new do i get riggers dream now ? 0.o

//GurT

Scikar
23-09-03, 15:49
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
Well with rifles you can specifically taget which skill you want to lvl, INT or DEX. I have 2 more levels in DEX till cap so I use my Healing Light and get 500k DEX/100k INT from a Y Commander, or I can use my PE and gain 300k INT/25k DEX. So I think there is more flexibility with rifles than with Drones, I mean once I cap DEX why use a HEALING LIGHT anymore when I can get my INT from a PE.

Weird, I always found non-tech gives DEX and STR but tech rifles give DEX and INT? :confused:

EDIT: Well mostly, I mean a PE still gives INT but not as much as a tech rifle, though it gives more strength. At least, that's what i thought...

Stigmata
23-09-03, 15:51
or use a drone and level them at the same time.

my dex EXP is about 500 more than my int exp for whatever reason or is the other way around but 500 is less than one punch o_O

Andy

GurTjaN
23-09-03, 15:54
how do you guys feel bout drones in the chaos caves ?

any good in your opinions

//GurT

Jolt
23-09-03, 15:54
If you go drones its best if you get a tradeskill that raises strength(construction or repair) otherwise you'll have like 100 int/dex and like 5 str =p

/e chaos caves are bad for drones; monsters do alot of dmg plus you'll lose alot of soullight from hitting people slightly and they go off and die, stick to the graves =x

KRIMINAL99
23-09-03, 15:58
I havent tried to cap a spy with rifles or pistols yet but heres what I got from droning.

You get about a million xp of each every few minutes as a pure droner with a punisher in the grave, as long as there are some groups of snakes to kill left. Sometimes it slows down cause apus come in and barrel spam everything.

kurai
23-09-03, 15:58
Drones @ Graves. It's simply fact.
The only way you could get close to equalling drone rate with a rifle is if you pick off the snakes individually with a non AoE drone, and that's sort of missing the point.

In terms of pure XP per hour it's actually better not to worry about finishing off the BloodViper King - the HP & armour on a 120/120 mob takes disproportionately longer to chew through than the XP gain is worth.

Other ways of levelling may have benefits other than pure XP rate, but that's not the question that was asked.

Phiberdelic
23-09-03, 15:59
Originally posted by Scikar
Weird, I always found non-tech gives DEX and STR but tech rifles give DEX and INT? :confused:

EDIT: Well mostly, I mean a PE still gives INT but not as much as a tech rifle, though it gives more strength. At least, that's what i thought...

Dunno about the STR thing...capped that like the first couple of days of playing. But I hunt Y's all the time and those are the aprox XP gains that I get...I also use a RoG but the gain is too sporatic to measure, I guess due to the fluctuating distance damage. But believe me if you really want to lvl, hunt Y's, best XP gains ever{IMO}, and when you have 15 million XP to get to next lvl, they are so worth it. 15mil=30 Y Commanders; 1 Commander=15 minutes @ 12 Raygun Rounds (factored in misses)...worth it to me :)

MjukisDjur
23-09-03, 16:07
Originally posted by GurTjaN

//GurT

those bastards eat drones...

GurTjaN
23-09-03, 16:11
Originally Posted by : MjukisDjur

those bastards eat drones...

Better not lvl there than i guess :P jeaz man the drones are bigger than the minions themselves is their stomach that big ?
neverbeen inside you ? :P

//GurT

{MD}GeistDamnit
23-09-03, 16:13
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
Well with rifles you can specifically taget which skill you want to lvl, INT or DEX. I have 2 more levels in DEX till cap so I use my Healing Light and get 500k DEX/100k INT from a Y Commander, or I can use my PE and gain 300k INT/25k DEX. So I think there is more flexibility with rifles than with Drones, I mean once I cap DEX why use a HEALING LIGHT anymore when I can get my INT from a PE which take much longer if still using a HEALING LIGHT.

where do you hunt y's that you can snipe them from a good point? thos fuckers got some serious range :D

I need a good spot

ericdraven
23-09-03, 16:14
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
I havent tried to cap a spy with rifles or pistols yet but heres what I got from droning.

You get about a million xp of each every few minutes as a pure droner with a punisher in the grave, as long as there are some groups of snakes to kill left. Sometimes it slows down cause apus come in and barrel spam everything.
Yes.. especially because every n00b droner is able to use a PUNISHER.. :p

kurai
23-09-03, 16:19
Just do aggies then 'clopses till you can use the first FC & RG drones (drugs get you there quicker), then shift to graves.

As your stats improve keep climbing the TL chain.

KRIMINAL99
23-09-03, 16:26
Originally posted by ericdraven

With my droners I started using a punisher at int/dex 85. That still leaves 15 levels to go up which is like what more than 1/3 of the xp required to cap? Anyways with all the drugs and droner imps and drones lined up I was able to roll a droner and have him at level 70 in the same day. But that was on busy saturn server where there was pokers at tg and people in the cave or outside to leech xp from by attacking their mobs.

bounty
23-09-03, 16:35
Originally posted by ericdraven

I was using punisher on my 6th day and i didn't set foot once in graves. The real key here is that you get +25 DEX from implants and another +12 DEX from drugs. So, 37 points above dex, and if you are using drugs you level that much faster.

Phiberdelic
23-09-03, 16:41
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
where do you hunt y's that you can snipe them from a good point? thos fuckers got some serious range :D

I need a good spot

Onoz...the riflers secret to Y's....Well at least my way to hunt these easily.

Well once you get their patterns down (damn I wish this supported draw functions like lines...maybe I'll use paint) they are pretty easy at Ceres. Y's are blind as bats, you can clip them berley over hills, let them see enough of you to start running towards you, then drop down behind the hill and start towards the buildings. Once closer to the buildings, again get to the clipping level barely above a hill and you will notice they the Y is running his run pattern at the last location that you let him see you at, continue to draw him towards the buildings. Get to the Hydraulic Pumps ( really I have no idea what these are but they look like Hydraulic Oil Pumps), and theres a fence around 2 sides of it, and a barrel adjacent to it (closer to the Security Terminal building). From this barrel you can shoot over the barrel as you see him from the hill right of the GR building. He will run his star run pattern around that hill as you fire upon him, and he will be targeting your midsection, hense hitting the barrel. This last for a few rounds, till he starts getting closer to you, then you run behind the fence and around to the second side of the fencing to a tree that is floating in mid air. This is a small hill where you can get just above the fence enough to pop him in the head for a while. He runs out his pattern and start heading the same way around the fence towards you. As he is running behind the fence you can run through the Hydraulics and back to the barrel.....
Rinse...Repeat....Refresh...

But this is just my way of hunting them, which proves to be the easiest for me, and once you are playing hide-and-seek around the Hydraulics with the RoG I get 120x3 damage being so close. I have all Battle3 armor, heavy Energy Belt, and 70 Energy resists, so even if I do get hit the damage isn't that bad and the bounce-back is really good.

[EDIT] Relly this is only for Seargents and Commanders, cuz Troopers don't do enough damage to have to play hide'n'seek, you can just kill em like most other mobs, turret style, heal, etc.

ericdraven
23-09-03, 16:46
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
With my droners I started using a punisher at int/dex 85. That still leaves 15 levels to go up which is like what more than 1/3 of the xp required to cap? Anyways with all the drugs and droner imps and drones lined up I was able to roll a droner and have him at level 70 in the same day. But that was on busy saturn server where there was pokers at tg and people in the cave or outside to leech xp from by attacking their mobs.

Originally posted by bounty
I was using punisher on my 6th day and i didn't set foot once in graves. The real key here is that you get +25 DEX from implants and another +12 DEX from drugs. So, 37 points above dex, and if you are using drugs you level that much faster.
Well, that's not really the point. I was at DEX 85 base after a week as well.. but.. how do you get there? Magically with idling in your app over night? :)

GurTjaN
23-09-03, 16:46
ok this is good and is helpin me lots i now know that droning is the fastest way and using drugs while droning helps alot..
and some good places to hunt thx all

//GurT

ericdraven
23-09-03, 16:53
ok this is good and is helpin me lots i now know that droning is the fastest way and using drugs while droning helps alot..
and some good places to hunt thx all

Using drugs usually ALWAYS help you while leveling up. :)

GurTjaN
23-09-03, 17:04
do you notice the negative effect while droning when u lvl ?
i mean when u take a drug u get the sideeffect afterwards and when ur droning do u still have that than ?

//GurT

Disturbed021
23-09-03, 17:17
do you notice the negative effect while droning when u lvl ?
i mean when u take a drug u get the sideeffect afterwards and when ur droning do u still have that than ?

//GurT

While in the droning screen u do not see the side effect. ;)
And if the drug that you had to take to use the Drone wears off while droning the drone will not drop ;) 2 +'s for droners to be drug addicts:wtf: :lol:

Jaggeh
23-09-03, 17:33
droning by far is the best way to level

but a few words of advice

1. Only hunt in Poison areas, poison attacks do a small amount of force damage, and assault drones have high force resist (nemesis and other light drones dont have that good resists)

2. dont let snakes/gliders/bats get into melee range or you will lose the drone super fast.

3. invest in stealth 1, if you keep your level down by just meeting the droning reqs and not trying to cap the damage you get more xp.

4. Hit cash machines..........doy bots, easy kills from cover, invest in hacking and get the loot. i get 400k xp of each doy bot and about 40-80k worth of loot (at the end of the day you can hunt for parts or buy em)

the best place to level and get cash is tescom, because you can easily shunt over to graves for a while to p-level, but if you hang at tescom gr, hit terrormaulers, doy bots, sandcrawlers, hazord worms, grim persecutors.
all give decent xp, if you dont cap your damage, plus the odd decent loot and tech part.

Oath
23-09-03, 18:19

//GurT

Drones........enclosed areas.........loads of people...........

not a good combo, you'll either get killed or come out with -100 Sl lol........

kurai
23-09-03, 23:31
Originally posted by Jaggeh
3. invest in stealth 1, if you keep your level down by just meeting the droning reqs and not trying to cap the damage you get more xp.
This part isn't quite accurate.
The XP gain is proportional to the tech level of weapon used, and the damage per shot, and it's a continuous scale - there's no cutoff point (other than theoretical limit from max drone TL and capped damage). Higher TL & Damage = more XP per hit in each case.

It's the loot drops that have are dependent on rank. Cash is the same for each mob regardless of your rank, but at a certain point (I think roughly when your rank exceeds the mobs rank by 50%) you no longer get any cash, but a "Pick on something your own size" message. The loot drop also gets progressively more crap the more you outrank the mob.
However - you still get the XP, no matter the level of drop loot or the cash reward.

As the Graves snakes start at rank 70 or thereabouts the cash should still flow, since you'd be hard pushed to get > 100 rank.

Mantus
24-09-03, 00:20
Actually i find my Rifle Spy with an RoG leveling DEX allot faster then my droner in the Graves.

The RG-1000 does 486 damage (around 100 on a direct hit to a 100/100 mob) with a decreasing amount of damage to all mobs in the area. If I get a fresh room and I herd all the snakes in the corridors into it, sometimes I can be hitting 5-10 stankes per hit. Dong around 500 damage in total. Sounds nice, but this isn’t always the case. Most of the time you are hitting around 2-4 mobs doing around 200 damage total if not less.

With the RoG you get a rate of fire that’s almost twice that of a MR drone. With each hit you are doing 950 damage (or about 210 to 100/100 mobs). Considering that you are usually teamed you can run though a cave shooting nonstop getting allot of xp. On top of this the MR is 3 TL levels higher then the MR-1000.

I think that if you consider both DEX and INT then yes the droner gets more xp. Otherwise the rifle spy gets DEX faster.

GurTjaN
24-09-03, 08:59
@kurai ok with higher skill u do more damage and faster but this will get ur combat rank up and as you know droners already have high combat ranks so ill stick to the tradeskill like repair or hightech combat

@jaggeh ok thx for the info that helps didnt knew that drugs would be that uber on drones

kurai
24-09-03, 13:48
@kurai ok with higher skill u do more damage and faster but this will get ur combat rank up and as you know droners already have high combat ranks so ill stick to the tradeskill like repair or hightech combat Well - yes.
But my point was that a high combat rank affects nothng except quality of loot. Your XP rate rises, but that's because of the same factors that give rise to the Rank calculation, not as a result of it.

As I said before - you asked the fastest way to level your INT & DEX - you didn't ask how to get the best loot rates.

OTIS
24-09-03, 15:15
the dead animals option is obviously the best choice dont let these noobs fool u:p

KRIMINAL99
24-09-03, 15:32
Originally posted by Oath
Drones........enclosed areas.........loads of people...........

not a good combo, you'll either get killed or come out with -100 Sl lol........

Are you a droner? Its not hard to use even aoe drones in the chaos caves just target your shots away from ppl always, and if using direct fire drones just dont hang your drone where someone is likely to run in front of you. More likely to be a problem are the stupid monkehs barrel spamming your drones in which case you have to kill them just to teach them a lesson.

GurTjaN
24-09-03, 15:43
is punisher a AoE drone ? that would be uber