PDA

View Full Version : Para Shock is [edited]

Berzerker
23-09-03, 13:03
Para shock should stun and freeze. Not fucking kill peaple.

MayhemMike
23-09-03, 13:06
o nos , how did it kill you? :O

switchback
23-09-03, 14:52
cant say i've ever been killed by it either, ive seen it kill though, lol

switchback
23-09-03, 14:53
bah why wont my sig work

switchback
23-09-03, 14:56
last attempt

nonamebrandeggs
23-09-03, 14:57
Come on dude not even I got killed by a para, I can outheal it easily...

Put in caps for the IMG code ei: [IMG].

Wannabe
23-09-03, 14:57
Been killed by it several times. By both faction enemies and allies. It causes about 14 dmg on me (no energy resist, my cst char is totally specced for caving). And because it spammable, I can't overheal it myself like PPUs and possible PEs can.

How it can be fixed? First, make it take more from the manapool than around 20-25. Second, make it fire slowly, something like 20/min.

There's been quite a few thread about parashock beam but no official response from KK and I'm really starting to think there will NEVER be an official response from KK until 95% of NC players have quit.

// Wannabe

LTA
23-09-03, 15:02
Change the extension from .gif to .txt or something

Think it's to do with geocities and not allowing remote linking like that...

or pm and i'll put it in some space and give you the link to use :p

Spy<VS>Spy
23-09-03, 19:08
those charactors that CAN heal might be able to out heal it. it can and IS used as a weapon. what zerk is trying to say its bullshit that this spell even causes damage.

and it is. i can see the 15s stuns, but the 35s stunns should do NO damage at all, or 1. add to the fat the PPU can damage boost to increase the damage from his stun. and the fact that you cant go anywhere fast, i've seen monks chase peope across the zone, spamming the utter fuck out of them with this spell at insane refire rates. widdling down their health.

to those monks, i say grow up and get yourself an assualt rifle if you wanna shoot people too.

Mingerroo
23-09-03, 19:17
Yeah, thats a good point, I can outheal it so i don't mind but with it's insane cast rate, damage boost, and PPUs being impossible to scare away through damage (they are so well defended) they can easily kill with it.

The easiest solution is to take the damage off of parashock and leave it to SCs to hurt FOR the PPU. They are passive after all (or supposed to be).

Keyol45743241
23-09-03, 19:21
Killed by a PPU..... happens a lot :rolleyes:

I once killed a sucky APU out of an APU/PPU Team and had only a few hitpoints left, despite of healing and the glorious abuse of medkits at the same time, he froze the PE to death.

Well... that's harmless.... now consider the Soulcluster. When you're damboosted and frozen... he can kill you. And it's not very hard for a PPU to do so, even when you're not down to 10%

mdares
23-09-03, 20:15
only thing that a ppu can kill with holy para is an unbuffed apu; because apu cant heal... spies can live with heal + stealth... but just bearly...

extract
23-09-03, 20:21
Originally posted by mdares
only thing that a ppu can kill with holy para is an unbuffed apu; because apu cant heal... spies can live with heal + stealth... but just bearly...

well ill disagree...I seen a tank fall prey to para...but that was just stupidity he just stood there and kept punching the PPU...until the PPU finally said ok idiot and froze dmg boosted and para....was doing like 15 dmg per hit hehe....it took a good bit but the dumb tank finally died....

Another reason I think para having dmg isnt all that bad, otherwise PPUs would just become punching bags for everyclass...imagine a class you know couldnt hit you back at all...(well other than punching, or gimping youre dex into pistols or something)....but atm its nice to be able to "shoot" back everyonce in a while....not because i want to kill someone...but because i want to be left alone

Disturbed021
23-09-03, 20:24
Been almost killed by Para when GRing someplace and on the other side was a couple of PPUs happy to greet me with HP spam.
Can I say GR camping is lame:rolleyes:

/edit silly typos:D