PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about!

Phönyx
23-09-03, 10:18
If you are looking through the forums nearly every 2nd post is about nerfing a class or boosting up a class. I really dont get why? I mean i am playing a tank for ages now and i am playing my tank cause i love my charakter and i love playing a tank and not because of any better pvp skills or something like this.

Maybe you should just try to get better with your class with the possibilities given at the moment.

And do you really want an uber class in this game? i dont want to i think nc is kind of balanced atm.

And yes i get owned by good pes and i cant kill a ppu alone and an apu can kill me in 4-6 HL casts, but who cares? all over all this complaining comes from duells or some kind of duells, cause when it comes to real fights for an OP i CAN own every pe and every apu, which doesnt mean i own them every time but i CAN own them thats the point. Every good tank can own this classes.

And i am not good in duells, but i am very good in OP fights and other fights with my clan and for that i am respected on my server, so who said good tanks are only the ones who are good 1 on 1 wasnt really telling the truth.

So maybe everyone should stop crieing around and try to get better with his class, which is possible for sure if you want to.

Maybe you should think about this. Are just flame this post if you dont want to think about it.

Chiphead
Pluto
Proud member of SS

ericdraven
23-09-03, 10:29
Uh, you will get for sure many flames now.. ;)

Just bear in mind - some (more, many, almost all? :p) people just can't lose. And it's ALWAYS the fault of the "overpowered class" of the opponent.

Phönyx
23-09-03, 10:33
If i get flames, the people dont get what i mean;)

But i am prepared for that:)

Mirco
23-09-03, 10:36
Well I`m not about being the uber. How can I? Im a spy. I just wanna feel usefull once in a while.

Phönyx
23-09-03, 10:39
Oh i forgot to mention the spies, sry:D

But i know some spies that are very very good in fighting, even in close combat and a good sniper can own everyone except a ppu.

\\Fényx//
23-09-03, 10:43
omg.... that name, makes you look like your trying to be me or something 8|

OMG !!! ITS TEH CHIPPY !!!

Phönyx
23-09-03, 10:45
Sry fenyx dont know which crazy minded guy picked chiphead before me, but so i had to choose something else.;)

Mingerroo
23-09-03, 10:57
Strangely, I couldn't agree more. I mean I made a bunch of bitch threads about PPUs but all it took was some thought, a couple of variations on my choice of weapon and imps and now I can even take them down in one on one.

I guess we should try to take a step back, really look at the balance of the game as a whole. Good thread :)

Phönyx
23-09-03, 11:05
Ty ming:)

Leebzie
23-09-03, 11:24
Classes is a cool idea, I admit. but as long as classes exist , they will always fight about the balancing. Because your class is so permanent with that char , unlike most FPS's with classes , you cant just switch to suit your role.

I am thinking of playing every type of char , because then when one class is nerfed/boosted , at least I am always winning (of course , im also always losing)

You see im fed up of my pe getting bugger all lol :p

of course they could
- Set all caps for all classes to 100
- Have only the leveling speed differentiating the class.

Therefore you could have an apu tank , but of course , it would take him a VERY LONG time to level. the reward for persevering through the very difficult leveling is he would be a rarity. Of course Heavy weapons would still be the most popular because it was the easiest to gain , therefore the classes would natrually divide themselves up anyway.

A player with straight 100 skills would be fearsome , yes , but he would have damn well earned it as a reward for his massive playing time. and im talking 1000's of leveling hours to cap his psi...

Phönyx
23-09-03, 11:35
Lol playing every type of charakter to avoid losing power in case of a nerf, thats what i was talking about.

I would play tank also if we get nerfed down to stilleto use only.:)

ericdraven
23-09-03, 11:47
Wow, the thread is still civilized?! :eek:

Guess the flamers are still sleeping.. :p

Phönyx
23-09-03, 11:55
hehe eric, hope it will stay that way;)

maybe you can really discuss about something in this forum, i mean beside from which is the best......:D

Richard Slade
23-09-03, 12:04
Thank you Phönyx
IMO all "oh-this-is-a-cs-rpg-so-now-I'm-doing-RPG-and-cs-at-the-same time" li'l kiddos should just aim that brick wall over there and start charging it.
So tired of it all since this is, in fact, a rpg, made for groups of people to come together and meet others.
Honestly I do kinda find that my head doesn't want to understand the duel thingy at all times if not between two people who really really just hate each other.

Why random PK?
You got a valid RPG reason for it?
Why random dueling?
"No it's just cuz I wanna kill!"
Get the fuck out.

Mirco
23-09-03, 13:26
Originally posted by Phönyx
Oh i forgot to mention the spies, sry:D

But i know some spies that are very very good in fighting, even in close combat and a good sniper can own everyone except a ppu.

Its not that I dont get to kill people, I`ve ganked a few runners in my time and its great fun(I still get the hand shake, real bad hand shake), but its with the whole ppu/lots of tanks, apus and PE/inside op walls wars I dont last long enough to do some damage when I unstealth. Usually I squeze of a few rounds with the rog, but then Im targeted by another runner and have to stealth before he gank me in a few bursts. If I manage to stealth, its retreat and heal up. Im disconnected from the fight, not because of range/sniping, but because I spend so much time healing or trying to get to good positions to snipe only to find out the fight is almost over or I cant see far enough when I find it.

Scikar
23-09-03, 13:54
I think these threads do have a use. They don't just pop up straight after a change, they only appear when there is a real issue. You get the odd thread all the time, about this is overpowered, blah blah, but when several different people all post separate threads about something being overpowered, often independantly, that's when you can see something might just need changing.

One thing is true - as long as there are nerf threads, there will be anti-nerf threads like this. But the worst are the sarcastic counter-nerf threads. :p

Mingerroo
23-09-03, 16:13
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Why random PK?
Why random dueling?
"No it's just cuz I wanna kill!"

Id say random PKing is low, unless they are an enemy faction/clan. As for duelling, it is sort of a test of skill so you can improve your battlefield (OP) performance. :)

Richard Slade
24-09-03, 10:59
Originally posted by Mingerroo
Id say random PKing is low, unless they are an enemy faction/clan. As for duelling, it is sort of a test of skill so you can improve your battlefield (OP) performance. :)

Well "duel" in this case means basicly random PK just that you actually get 2secs to responde (with 50% hp gone of course)
It's just damn gayiness IMO
Get the CS kiddies outta here!

\\Fényx//
24-09-03, 11:06
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Well "duel" in this case means basicly random PK just that you actually get 2secs to responde (with 50% hp gone of course)
It's just damn gayiness IMO
Get the CS kiddies outta here!

Thats not Dueling, thats RPK :rolleyes: Ive never actually played CS either, yet I fight, tis a game where once capped theres jack shit all else to do other than fight or use it as a fancy chat interface...

Dueling is fun, it's not how you put it, it's a challenge, you vs another person, some rules may be put out etc, 1 on 1 with a count down to the start. Thats a Duel, what your referring to is RPK, in which case either get some of your clan members to go get him back, or put a LE in and be free from the ''cs kiddies''

Remove the ''CS Kiddies'' and youll probably remove 70-90% of the neocron population, prove to me that theres more roleplayers in the game than people who play it for the fighting. I want to play a MMO, with twitch fighting, Neocron fit's it perfectly. I roleplay myself at times, Ive done the Live run on Pluto, Ive done alot of other roleplaying things and in small player events etc so dont start getting all self righteous on me over that o_O