PDA

View Full Version : We NEED official response!

Richard Slade
23-09-03, 09:54
ATM the questions are many
Bugs are even more
And people are going cuz of KK's inactivity

Why can't there be a day or a place where we can get direct response from KK and get some hard facts FOR ONCE.

Like what about snipers, will they be of any PvP worth, ever?
What is currently happening in DoY now? How's the progress going?
Are there any plans on changes with RolePlaying items?
Will monks meet more changes?

Sure there are MANY more questions than these.
And people want answers, sure you might not have them,
but atleast share your thoughts with us!

And sure I like the "being-secret-and-drop-suprises" part in this game.
But it just won't hold for much longer now
The questions are TOO many

Please, official..?

\\Fényx//
23-09-03, 10:01
Snipers: I know that my clan has 4 snipers using a silent hunter, they go on sniping hunts at various places and are always successful, SH hurts a shit load if they catch you unbuffed etc.

DOY: Their waiting for a publishing deal, something thats widely known...

The rest: Theres probably something on the forums that will answer your Q's, just search...

Richard Slade
23-09-03, 10:04
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Snipers: I know that my clan has 4 snipers using a silent hunter, they go on sniping hunts at various places and are always successful, SH hurts a shit load if they catch you unbuffed etc.

DOY: Their waiting for a publishing deal, something thats widely known...

The rest: Theres probably something on the forums that will answer your Q's, just search...

OMG stop being so naive and read it all around, clipping for snipers, we KNOW WE'RE WAITING for the publishing deal but wtf is happening ATM?
If you haven't noticed I'm quite active every day in this forum.
In other words I'm as up to date as can be
But there's more answers to be found and only KK can give some
Now stop treating me like a n00b and come up with something constructive.

athon
23-09-03, 10:04
Or you could just read the forums regularly...

Originally posted by Richard Slade
ATM the questions are many
Bugs are even more
And people are going cuz of KK's inactivity

Why can't there be a day or a place where we can get direct response from KK and get some hard facts FOR ONCE.

Like what about snipers, will they be of any PvP worth, ever?
Yes, snipers are of value in PvP. I can confidently say this being a sniper myself and having taken out quite a few monks :P

What is currently happening in DoY now? How's the progress going?
DoY is nearly complete in terms of programming. The major point they arewaiting on at the moment is deciding upon a new publisher

Are there any plans on changes with RolePlaying items?
AFAIK, yes, the dynamic objects will be coming back, although I expect to see less of the massive trees.

Will monks meet more changes?
Yes - all the classes will meet with changes.

Sure there are MANY more questions than these.
And people want answers, sure you might not have them,
but atleast share your thoughts with us!

And sure I like the "being-secret-and-drop-suprises" part in this game.
But it just won't hold for much longer now
The questions are TOO many

Please, official..? [color=orange]No - we rarely get official statement on anything until it actually comes out. The reason for this I believe is because nothing is actually finalised until it actually comes out, bugs found while it's on the development (not test) server can mean the feature may be changed before it hits test / retail servers.

Athon Solo

Richard Slade
23-09-03, 10:09
Or YOU might just consider the fact that this is all known things to everyone by now
How bout someone get some constructive stuff instead of just getting more stuff that's already on the forums.
For those who are actually active, you shoulda seen me around, I'm reading it all every day
And I will keep doing it, so don't gimme more shitty stuff that's been said here already
And come up with something THAT NOT EVERYONE KNOWS ALREADY

athon
23-09-03, 10:11
Or YOU might just consider the fact that this is all known things to everyone by now
How bout someone get some constructive stuff instead of just getting more stuff that's already on the forums.
For those who are actually active, you shoulda seen me around, I'm reading it all every day
And I will keep doing it, so don't gimme more shitty stuff that's been said here already
And come up with something THAT NOT EVERYONE KNOWS ALREADY

Well I'm sorry, but as you can see from other peoples responses it seems from your post that you didn't know any of this stuff.

Athon Solo

Lanigav
23-09-03, 10:20
Take a chill pill my man, no need to get all hot and bothered about it.

KK will release info when they can/want to. Not really much anyone can do about that.

Richard Slade
23-09-03, 10:23
Originally posted by Lanigav
Take a chill pill my man, no need to get all hot and bothered about it.

KK will release info when they can/want to. Not really much anyone can do about that.

If you haven't noticed, this thread is all about changing that
They CAN release info about how DoY's progress is going,
if they're getting closer to a good deal
They CAN release info about their thoughts about many different things.
Question is, do they WANT to release it?
That's why this thread is, cuz I urge them to change their old habits of NOT wanting to release info.

Gotterdammerung
23-09-03, 10:27
I'm sure that many questions you have can be answered by reading regular posts on the forum, visiting the test server forum, playing on the test server and reading patch notes.

Mingerroo
23-09-03, 10:30
I'm sorry but I'd rather hear nothing than "We might have a publisher, damn we didn't get the publisher. WE HAVE A PUBLISHER IN SIGHT, if all goes well DoY will be here in a month. The publisher pulled out".

Just let them tell us when they have a surefire publisher and DoY is coming out. Also, I'm a highly successful sniper so I don't know what you are on about. We are very viable.

Chill out man, we have a patch coming within the next two weeks, and if you want constant updates on whats happening to the next retail patch check the test server forum, their patch notes pretty much let us know whats coming. :)

Richard Slade
23-09-03, 10:30
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
I'm sure that many questions you have can be answered by reading regular posts on the forum, visiting the test server forum, playing on the test server and reading patch notes.

Have you even READ this thread at all?
*please god atleast let the mods understand for once*
:( :(

[Edit]@Mingerroo - And I with many others sure prefer to know what's in sight than just hearing silence
"We're talking with these guys ATM to see what happens"
"Hmm we haven't gotten as good deal as we wanted here so we're going to this publisher instead"

Yes, more of that less silence.

Rith
23-09-03, 10:35
OMG stop being so naive and read it all around, clipping for snipers, we KNOW WE'RE WAITING for the publishing deal but wtf is happening ATM?

Erm, well, you did really answer your own question. I guess, and hey this is a long shot, but I'm assuming KK is working through a shortlist of publishers, negotiating, comparing offers and capability etc. I'm guessing its going to be a decision MJS doesn't take lightly, given if they get it wrong they've probably lost their best (and maybe last) chance of making Neocron mainstream.

As for being naive... if KK are in the middle of sensitive, business critical negotiations with a number of potenital publishers do you think they are really going to come and list everyone their talking to and the status of the negotiations all over this forum, just because you cry and stamp your feet? Grow up. KK will keep quiet until they've signed a deal.

If you haven't noticed I'm quite active every day in this forum.
In other words I'm as up to date as can be
But there's more answers to be found and only KK can give some
Now stop treating me like a n00b and come up with something constructive.

You can be active everyday and powerpost til your hearts content, but that doesn't stop you being a noob. If you ask stupid questions don't complain that people are treating you like a noob.

Rith

\\Fényx//
23-09-03, 10:41
Originally posted by Rith
You can be active everyday and powerpost til your hearts content, but that doesn't stop you being a noob. If you ask stupid questions don't complain that people are treating you like a noob.

Rith

Just like shadow Dancer/Arcadius :D ;) ;)

st0ckman
23-09-03, 11:24
I am a sniper with Silent Hunter. They are not good in PvP, they only aid as something to piss of the opposition. If you are talking PvP not at OP fights where ppl are not buffed and do not expect to get shot then they are more usueful, however getting that 4th/5th shot for the kill once they have noticed that their health is down is not that easy. The clipping area is farcical, i have been hit by monks that i am sniping who are actually invisible and i only get a target box on them. Thats not really what a sniper rifle should be like surely?

The only time sniper rifles work are when there are 2 or 3 snipers hitting the same targets then the 4th/5th shot can be hit by the other sniper. My disruptor is a better sniper rifle!! :-)

jernau
23-09-03, 11:48
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung

No offence Otter but that doesn't cut it. KK have been the absentee landlord for too damned long. The forums (and possibly the whole game) are being held together by Lupus and Callash, both of whom are volunteers with limited powers who cannot speak for KK on many matters of concern to the community.

Richard Slade
23-09-03, 11:54
Originally posted by jernau
No offence Otter but that doesn't cut it. KK have been the absentee landlord for too damned long. The forums (and possibly the whole game) are being held together by Lupus and Callash, both of whom are volunteers with limited powers who cannot speak for KK on many matters of concern to the community.

*almost touched to tears*
Finally. Thank you jernau
This is what I'm trying to get to that we want and need
However if anyone doesn't.
Well then I ain't taking part of that choice.

Ozambabbaz
23-09-03, 12:01
i want to know... stats on the PE PA ASAP, d00d :D

read in another thread that it has been "published", just can't find the friggin' thing :confused:

jernau
23-09-03, 12:27
Originally posted by Ozambabbaz
i want to know... stats on the PE PA ASAP, d00d :D

read in another thread that it has been "published", just can't find the friggin' thing :confused:

The idiot that posted the Kamikaze chips also posted some PA info. It looked BS to me though, I think it was out of date.

Oath
23-09-03, 13:08
I think saying Doy will be here within a month of getting a new publisher is a litle optimistic...........anone know how its gonna be shipped? will we *the paying customers* get sent a cd containing doy? or will i be forced to go and buy it? (cos i cant D/load it hehehe 56k pwnzoer joo)

Anyway, kk always release info when they have some........ususally with a little coaxing granted :p

Cant wait............maybe you fix the aleged (i think true) resist bug.

BOOGY...........BOOOGY WOGGIE I r > Swg

EDIT---------------------------

Dotn forget thanatos, codi and co........ though........the hardware forum seems a little..............well.........empty.

But i agree that we havent really heard much of KK as of late, maybe theyre akin a surpise for us............something like OMG KOS KOS ONOZ WE ARE T3H BANKRupt........perish the thought though.........love you kk..............i r fanboi yes.

Oath...........editied cos i double posted

Oath
23-09-03, 13:11
apparently im not allowed to delete my own threads,,,,,,,so mods can ya please del this one

k thanks

OAth.

Lucjan
23-09-03, 13:31

Exactly! This is exactly the way I feel it too.

Lets get some examples. Some people feel PPUs influences PvP too much, some think parashocks should be removed or nerfed. Other are worried about the economy on servers going down the hill, others again see huge problems with sniping being an real combat option due to technical issues. Then we have people thinking tanks are dead and need something new to be worth playing again.
These are just some of the major topics being discussed on the forum in the last week.
The players discuss them, providing very often very valueable arguments and points, but what does KK think about it? How do they see these things? Are they allready thinking about solutions for these problem or do they not see a problem in the particular area at all?

]v[ortice
23-09-03, 14:03
I think I know what the topic-starter was on about but i'm not gonna vote in the pole as I don't think it befits what's required.

I thing maybe a post on the forum or even a link to the official site with a newsletter from the KK team giving us a few updates etc. Prolly bi-weekly or monthly would suffice. It wouldn;t have to be massive but would indicate a willingness from KK to acknowledge their customers.

Now I'm not asking for in depth stuff. Just simple hello we're still here [insert a bit of joviality] oh and here's what we've been doing recently. I don;t want any surprises spoiled either... just something simple would be cool.

On a personal note I miss MJS. His posts on the forum during Beta 4 and post retail were sometimes quite inspirational and caring. So Martin drop us a line will ya mate :)

Tazo
23-09-03, 14:37
i wish KK would be a bit more like blizzard. they never told anyone what they were up to, they just released patches, giving you patchnotes to read if you wanted to know what changed. and they struck mercilessly with the nerf-hammer, they never cared about whining or bitching, they did what the hell they pleased with their game.

that would be something... then maybe, NC would be less carebear-ish...

]v[ortice
23-09-03, 14:56
@ tazo...

Nerfing is not always good and would you deny your own input into the games you love? There's such a thing as the viscious circle in games and all respected Devs know this...

"In a game where everyone is different, people whinge until everyone is made the same" <--- that is a stone cold fact.

The best example i could give is: In Neocron, if you kill some people they blame it on inbalance. In a game where everyone is equal, the same people just tell everyone you're cheating.

I'm quite happy with KK as they are... they listen to what they want to and basically ignore stupidity. They have crafted this game to how they want it but you can't deny that it's been made even better by the community. Even though I reckon the brainport is neglected by the Devs a little bit.

I'm not having a go at u mate, but u should have thought thru ur post before u posted it imo ;)

Oh and carebears are allowed in Neocron although not recommended ^^

Edit: splelnig :)

Lucjan
23-09-03, 15:03
Originally posted by Tazo
i wish KK would be a bit more like blizzard. they never told anyone what they were up to, they just released patches, giving you patchnotes to read if you wanted to know what changed. and they struck mercilessly with the nerf-hammer, they never cared about whining or bitching, they did what the hell they pleased with their game.

that would be something... then maybe, NC would be less carebear-ish...

Good point, I really like it. But (yes, there is always a "but") do KK have the people blizzard have only taking care of balancing issues. I mean the Blizzard isnt an uber huge dev team like many people think they are, but they have many people around the core dev team that take care only about stuff like balancing. Judging KK from my personal and subjective experience in the past 1+ year I think KK lack the stuff to do this and I dont think we want devs to play all day long ;-)

Tazo
23-09-03, 15:12
Originally posted by Lucjan
Good point, I really like it. But (yes, there is always a "but") do KK have the people blizzard have only taking care of balancing issues. I mean the Blizzard isnt an uber huge dev team like many people think they are, but they have many people around the core dev team that take care only about stuff like balancing. Judging KK from my personal and subjective experience in the past 1+ year I think KK lack the stuff to do this and I dont think we want devs to play all day long ;-)
yes, but there is something else. nobody (especially not a gamer) is unbiased. almost everyone who is complaining about something is complaining because something bad happened to him.

here is an imaginary scenario:
there is a game xyz with two character classes, A and B.
character class A is dealing out quite hefty damage. character class B doesnt deal out as much damage if you just shoot and shoot. if you put thought into playing character class B though, you can easily off character class A.
now what will happen? players will mostly play character class A. its easy to handle and the damage output is good. the few character class B players will do what? yup, they are gonna cry nerf, because "its stupid that class A is more powerful than my class".

now lets say game xyz was made by either blizzard or reakktor.
blizzards reaction: none. if people would finally start using their brains, they would notice that there is no need for a nerf, and those who arent capable to are free to quit anytime.
reakktors reaction: they would nerf character class A. they would be so afraid to lose paying customers, that they say "oh well, we had this kickass character system... damn, wish it wouldve worked out better. anyway, time to move on".

this sucks. reakktor is always listening to the community, giving it the "exact game it wants". problem is though, that MANY MANY gamers have no clue about what would be fun for them (can you say "singleplayer cheats"? dont tell me they are fun to use. and dont get me started on multiplayer cheats).

if you want to make a good game, think off a good system and STICK TO IT. adjustments, sure. but ffs, do your own adjustments. if one of the DEVS notices "damn, monks are uber" or "damn, tanks are uber" or whatever, he can tone it down a little. but KK is nerfing because people complaining. and that sucks to high heavens.

Lucjan
23-09-03, 15:52
Agreed Tazo.

The point is hidden here: "if one of the DEVS notices "damn, monks are uber". IF and HOW LONG will it take to notice it. This is what differs KK from Blizzard or many other dev companies, Blizzard has people whos job is to spot it. KK lack this people afaik and hybrids are quite a good proof for that. A big YES to the concept, but if KK "gets the tools".

There is also another point to consider: the top players who have extended knowledge of the game and player skill shouldnt always be taken as the point to measure on. The majority of players usually lacks on both sides, but they want to enjoy the game on the same level. In a highly PvP oriented game this means, balance has to overlap in both directions, not be focused on one point and this is what makes it so difficult. That is also a reason why the mentioned dev companies dont hire gamers for their teams, but professionals who can judge properly which sometimes make the costs literaly explode. What a pitty KK doesnt have such a team or access to one (due to high costs shared QA teams are pretty common lately). But with two QA tags Ive recently seen on TS forum and the good job Lupus is doing I hope KK get there one day. Payed=better, but exceptions proved thats not always true :)

Richard Slade
24-09-03, 11:06
We're getting of topic but into a good topic actually
Sure Blizzard pwns the market with their games,
when they actually release them
and the balancing is so damn good it makes u afraid
(StarCraft Protoss vs. Terran issue! YEEHAAW!)

And YES KK would be damn well into the right wway if they did the same and stuck to what they thought was good instead
But now they've taken the role of a "We-do-it-if-u-whine-enough" DEV team, so either they stick to it or start being a little more young-Nid-with-hammerish.

Ozambabbaz
24-09-03, 11:31
The idiot that posted the Kamikaze chips also posted some PA info. It looked BS to me though, I think it was out of date.

ah, thx Jern, but it looks like i'll see for myself soon :)

anyways, on the "need info" subject, KK ain't that lax, they have alot of work to do, and we do get official info at least once a week, and if no news news, their last statement still holds.

looks like the news of a patch made me all hippie like and loving :p