PDA

View Full Version : increase of newbs, but also increase of people leaving =(

KidWithStick
23-09-03, 08:37
ive been noticing within the last few days atleasy 10 people have cancled there account, and said they most likely wont even return for DoY...MOST of these people have been playing since beta, and are good people.

now i know that theres SOME new people coming in....but currently theres more leaving than coming....which is a very bad thing.

i hope KK can do some majoooorrrr things with DoY to get the populations back up to 700:)

maybe even fix up the net codeing...so people wont warp all over and appear to be facing away from you but still nail you dead on...stuff like that...i dunno if it would be possible without making it so you have to make a whole new server, but somehow like...mirror a server or somthing so that people in the US can get better pings than 200-300 on a 3000/300 cable connection:D

Huijari
23-09-03, 09:39
http://www.googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=neocron&q2=swg&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us

Mankind
23-09-03, 09:42
Population will probably stay normal. I don't think they are losing TOO many people, but they are losing quite a few recently. I was one of those people that was going to quit this week until I found something else that got me more interested into Neocron again. The population will most likely stay pretty constant; not lose too many, not gain very many.

shend
23-09-03, 10:22
you can't expect people to play a game for ever.
sooner or later boredom WILL set in and its normal that the veterans experience boredom more than newbies
so... neocron dead? nah mate ,u just had too much curry last nite

Shadow Dancer
23-09-03, 10:25
Psi Monk>Gentank (http://google-fight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=PSI+monk&q2=Gen-Tank&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us)

;)

Richard Slade
23-09-03, 10:26
Yep yep yep
I'm about to throw in the towel
And MANY veterans I've talked to are thinking of it too
And we all know that if one falls away there will be a trend coming with it
"Oh my mates quite so I don't wanna be here alone"
"No reason to stay around without good ol' [insert clan name here]"
And so on.
And if KK doesn't make anything good fast it WILL fall apart

The Kami chips made it a smaaaall bit better and are currently just stalling the vets cuz they want to test them out
But when they're done with it?
Then what.
Back to "I'm getting the fuck out" state.
KK can't stall them in the wait for DoY forever.

JustIn_Case
23-09-03, 10:28
Yes, some vets are leaving and some noobs join.
But i also have seen some vets returning.

Yes, you get boored sometimes, and pissed about bugs and brooken promises, but Neocron is still the best MMORPG out there.

A feew weeks without Neocrack, and they will return ;)

Richard Slade
23-09-03, 10:34
JustIn just you wait until WOW or Dragon Empires or such comes out, (Include EQ2) then Neo is pretty damn FUCKED if they don't get a move on asap

Mingerroo
23-09-03, 10:50
:lol: Neocron is one of those games that if you stop playing you can stay stopped. But if you start talking to someone about it you get this massive urge to play again. :)

As for all this, I really don't think these threads are necessary, I mean, KK are doing a fine job with PA and Kami chips, but I think they should just release DoY as a free addon online and get a new publisher for the sake of selling them together in shops after we have run through it etc.

I'm not really sure, I wouldn't say we are losing that many people, Pluto still seems very much alive :D

jernau
23-09-03, 10:59
Originally posted by Richard Slade
JustIn just you wait until WOW or Dragon Empires or such comes out, (Include EQ2) then Neo is pretty damn FUCKED if they don't get a move on asap

We heard this for Shadowbane, PlanetSide, EVE, SWG, etc., etc., etc.

It was wrong then and it's wrong now.

The fact is that there is nothing like Neocron out there and until there is it will be fine. Even if someone does make something like Neocron they will have to learn all the lessons KK has learnt/is learning before it can be a serious threat.

IceStorm
23-09-03, 11:05
I've been playing NC for over two years. I'm not bored yet. I get burned out, but usually I just go do something else until the itch returns. :-)

I guess I'm just really patient...

Lucjan
23-09-03, 11:15
Yes people are leaving, just during the last two weeks for some odd reason too many vets stated to leave and cancel their accounts. I also noticed many people to play less as in they play less NC, not just spend more time on another server. One for the reasons I think might be OP fights: they don't care about these anymore - for various reasons already known.

Neocron going to die? Pfff. I don't think so, whenever the release of a new huge MMORPG comes near we hear it will own and people will leave for it. SW:G or PS anyone? Yes, WoW and Dragon Empires are something different, as well as FoMK might be, but still, they will just not be a reason for NC to die or whatever.

I think one thing they might keep people more to stick to NC would be release new things more frequent. Since some time, new things and changes are made, but they too often take an unnecessery long time to hit retail. Take the last test server patches for example. Why not take few done and tested things of these and release them to retail once a week or two?

Smugly
23-09-03, 12:33
Personally, I'm quite worried about the increase of people leaving. Yesterday my clan made a NAP with our worst enemies, simply because we don't have the man power to fight a war anymore. I have to at least salute FF for this but it's sad that it has to come to the level were we as players are the ones having to organize game balance. Without two strong sides the game will quickly become boring. Nobody likes to lose with no hope of victory so they move off, and since there's no one to fight anymore the Victor's get bored and move along too.

Heres too things getting better.

\\Fényx//
23-09-03, 12:40
Originally posted by Smugly
Personally, I'm quite worried about the increase of people leaving. Yesterday my clan made a NAP with our worst enemies, simply because we don't have the man power to fight a war anymore. I have to at least salute FF for this but it's sad that it has to come to the level were we as players are the ones having to organize game balance. Without two strong sides the game will quickly become boring. Nobody likes to lose with no hope of victory so they move off, and since there's no one to fight anymore the Victor's get bored and move along too.

Heres too things getting better.

FF have got a NAP with yet another enemy ?!? :rolleyes: maybe sometime they will leave due to the boredom factor of having every enemy in a NAP deal, thus nobody to fight and them sitting there with 'their' OPs o_O

Smugly
23-09-03, 12:47
Believe me, we don't WANT a NAP. But we're in no condition to fight back. Our leader left us, 35 million vanished from the clan account over the weekend and we've lost all our top level PPU's and hackers. We're in no position to fight anyone.

\\Fényx//
23-09-03, 12:48
Originally posted by Smugly
Believe me, we don't WANT a NAP. But we're in no condition to fight back. Our leader left us, 35 million vanished from the clan account over the weekend and we've lost all our top level PPU's and hackers. We're in no position to fight anyone.

Yea i know that someone shagged you guys, taking the cash and clearing the clan apt. Whats ascention doing now though ?

Huijari
23-09-03, 12:49
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
FF have got a NAP with yet another enemy ?!? :rolleyes: maybe sometime they will leave due to the boredom factor of having every enemy in a NAP deal, thus nobody to fight and them sitting there with 'their' OPs o_O

I asked Lore about this and he gave me a very good explanation, it's because we need to make our enemies stronger (NDA,SXR,BRTF etc) so we can fight against them as we do against SS. SS is teh clan in Pluto that is very fun and good clan to fight against.

But people are leaving but also returning. Perhaps you guys have narrowminded view of a Neocron .. there is more out there than just OP wars and chaos caves .. *hint hint* :angel:

\\Fényx//
23-09-03, 12:54
Originally posted by Huijari
I asked Lore about this and he gave me a very good explanation, it's because we need to make our enemies stronger (NDA,SXR,BRTF etc) so we can fight against them as we do against SS. SS is teh clan in Pluto that is very fun and good clan to fight against.

But people are leaving but also returning. Perhaps you guys have narrowminded view of a Neocron .. there is more out there than just OP wars and chaos caves .. *hint hint* :angel:

[edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming (and so many that with editing it wouldn't read cohesively)]

Smugly
23-09-03, 12:54
Oh I know about that. I spend my days as a dodgy barterer camping lamp posts and offering discount appartments in Plaza 1. It's more entertaining than getting those last few INT points at any rate. Still, when the clan went CityMercs it was because we did have OP war ambitions.

When it comes to people leaving I only really notice my friends because, honestly, that's all that matters in a game like this. Sure you need Enemies, which is why Lore has taken the wise path he has (I'd like to think I'd do the same in his position) but I'm a pure tradeskiller so I don't see the front lines much anymore.

As for Ascention, I'm not really sure. I haven't seen a great deal of him.

Shockwave
23-09-03, 13:03
Originally posted by jernau
We heard this for Shadowbane, PlanetSide, EVE, SWG, etc., etc., etc.

It was wrong then and it's wrong now.

The fact is that there is nothing like Neocron out there and until there is it will be fine. Even if someone does make something like Neocron they will have to learn all the lessons KK has learnt/is learning before it can be a serious threat.

While no one game is likely to be the death-knell for NC, each new MMORPG that comes out will draw off part of NC's player base. It won't be a huge exodus, it'll be a slow, drawn-out, undignified collapse unless KK can figure out something to get a large influx of newbies and actually keep them playing beyong the trial (Or even beyond MC5).
Personally my copy of SWG arrived yesterday. I'm going to give it some playing and see if I prefer it to NC.

Shock.

Nixon
23-09-03, 13:18
Fenix now i gotta say have a nice cup of stfu will ya?

We made a NAP with BRTF to help them get back on their feet,
just like with your 'NDA' when you guys wanted to level or some
crap like that. I didn't like it and i dont like this either but..

--

And about the leaving players.. I don't think there is too much
people leaving. Tho the lack of new stuff like storyline, patches,
events and such do bother a lot of people, including me.

Only one player that i remember has quit neocron from my clan
lately and it was because of his studies. None of my friends has
quitted, heh, actually two guys came back some weeks ago..

Lucjan
23-09-03, 13:43
I think when we talk quitting, it should not only mean "cancelled their accounts". Actually the majority of people I know in game didnt cancelled their accounts, they just not playing anymore or step into the game once a week for few hours.

I have the feeling from KK's point of view the player base is ok judging from account numbers only. But I cant get rid of the feeling, based on the people I know, that the amount of active accounts and numbers of players on servers doesnt match much.

hinch
23-09-03, 13:46
Originally posted by Lucjan
I have the feeling from KK's point of view the player base is ok judging from account numbers only. But I cant get rid of the feeling, based on the people I know, that the amount of active accounts and numbers of players on servers doesnt match much.

it doesnt by a long way
i remember about 4 months ago pluto was only like 50 players behind jupiter or so in player counts

jupiter was at like 500 and pluto at between 400 and 500 somewhere.

now i started playing on pluto when i log on im lucky if theres like 200 on there :rolleyes:

Nasher
23-09-03, 14:03
Most people who leave come back, but not always under the same name or account :)

Smugly
23-09-03, 16:30
I think Shock's hit the nail right on the head there. It's not one game, it's every game. There's too much out there and not enough coming from Neocron to sustain many peoples interests. I don't think there's a single person on the boards who doesn't want the patch we've been waiting for. Hell many would be happy with any patch. Any sign that we haven't been abandoned by KK. I'm not saying we have, but judging from the number of "when's the next patch?" threads, plenty of people are starting to think that way.

And most, just won't voice their opinions on these forums. They'll just take their stuff and go elsewhere.

KidWithStick
23-09-03, 16:38
stfu with your NAP's and get the fuck back on track fools:rolleyes:

Nixon
23-09-03, 16:40
My post was only 50% NAP shit.

icarium
23-09-03, 18:01
i left for a few months a bit ago, until me and a m8 decided to give it another go (our chars were still there as well :D ) i think this is a good game, it has its problems, i think the main problem is though that as has been said there are quite a few distractions these days (HL2 soon w00t) and i cant help but notice that when i log on, even at "busy" times, there are rarely more than 200-250 people on pluto (i remember when it was 600+). also a lot of people on pluto have multiple accounts, so it does make you wonder how many ACTUAL people there are playing. i think the thing that will kill NC is lack of funding / subscribers. which would be a shame IMO. also i suspect if there was to be a sudden influx of new players that the servers would struggle to cope :(

Cliffraiser
23-09-03, 18:12
http://google-fight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=Monk&q2=Tank&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us (http://)

http://google-fight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=Neocron&q2=Starwarsgalaxies&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us (http://)

Ascension
23-09-03, 18:49
For those who asked where i am :) Im still about JUst takin a rest from pluto:cool:

Ascention is Takin a short break and waitin 4 a few more guys in BRTF 2 Lvl i will still be around on pluto, but currently lvling a PE on saturn..

Thanx 4 the concern guys:D But i aint gone Not tht many noticed i'd gone :( hehehe

Phiberdelic
23-09-03, 19:21
Originally posted by IceStorm
I've been playing NC for over two years. I'm not bored yet. I get burned out, but usually I just go do something else until the itch returns. :-)

I guess I'm just really patient...
Same here...
Play, Play, Play, PLay....bored....read a couple books...few days later, play, play play, play, play...bugs, crap! bored, .... play some playstation2 for a while...few days later play, play, play, play...recycle

Sokaris
23-09-03, 20:23
ya i am like that too philber..

if i get bored i run through some things.. but most often i am on everynight with researcher or rifle spy or pe.. now that he's capped though he more stands around and helps new players.. :D

Clothing_Option
23-09-03, 21:48
Yeah ive been playing since this may and have noticed pple come and go but mostly go. I play at this point just because i dig my clan and thats really it. Theres nothing new about the game at this point for me, The monk PA which i know will be fixed aint all that great.

In terms of the political situation on pluto there arent constant OP wars going on that I know
If u check the map there are abunch of grs open to all since the biggest clans have made some kind of arrangemnet. Otherwise SS would never be able to hold all the ops it has. Or FF

Even my clan has begun to play other games some of the time to try something new.
There arent that many clans around who can hold an OP so you can basically lvl or random PK cause there aint shit else to do.

Berzerker
24-09-03, 12:53
I saw an instant drop when skool restarted. So I don't think many peaple have left. They just gota do the homewerk they din't do in the summer:)

notneo
24-09-03, 16:00
kk should realize that they need fresh gaming experiences to keep people occupied ,as well as balancing the classes properly.
at the mo they have patched a shitload of new stuff which i think unbalances the game again against tanks???
what is the point in being a tank if every other tom,dick or harry class can kill everything as quickly?????

GosuSmurf
24-09-03, 16:07
well myself and some other oldschool players returnt these past weeks.. its always been like this nothing to worry about :)

Mingerroo
24-09-03, 16:36
Originally posted by Berzerker
I saw an instant drop when skool restarted. So I don't think many peaple have left. They just gota do the homewerk they din't do in the summer:)

Thats true for both me and my many friends who play. We all are doing year 13 now and its a shitload more work than last year :)