PDA

View Full Version : Inventories after death

Eledhbrant
22-09-03, 22:03
I don't know if anyones mentioned this before, it really applies most to PPU Monks though.

When you die and have to GR back to your apartment or wherever, you recover your backpack and TA-DA its all jumbled... for most classes its fine, you shove on your armor, load your QB and off you go.

For a PPU you shove on your armor, load your QB and OOPS you've got 20 more spells you USED to have neatly arranged for quick swapping into your belt that are now in a random order...

Can this be fixed so when you recover your pack it retains the previous layout?

There is some record I know because my Quickbelt spells are always on top, then my armor, then my spells (randomised). So maybe it can be changed to your non QB items on top in their own arrangement and put armor and QB items at the bottom so they dont disrupt anything?

Please post your opinion...it takes so long to re-sort these spells.

EDIT: Also please rate this thread if you like it so it gets seen :)

FBI
22-09-03, 22:08
Personally, I like my inventory being on the left side of the screen,
i put all my spells into the F7 window for easy access.

But it's a bitch when u die, re organizing the inventory. PPUs rely
on their ability to switch spells quickly, and the right spells at
that. So I'll agree to anything to make it more endurable.

5/yes

FBI

Rizzy
22-09-03, 22:09
While they fix this, would it be possible to make it so that when you die all of your items are what they say they are! I hate trying to get pokes only being told that i dont have an implant in the window. Then I relog and its my armour or my gun in the processor and that half of the stuff i tried to equip was the wrong items.

Tycho C
22-09-03, 22:10
I'm a PE and even I would love that. I'v got a slew of drugs, medkits and ammo boxes I need organized up top of the INV window. I dont even get my backpack manualy anymore. I always grab from GR. Putts stuff I had on at top so it leaves and empty space. Then I fill the space with the stuff I carry in my backpack (drugz,boosts,ammo,medpacks) in the correct order.

If you get your backpack manualy, it puts it all oposite of that.

Jolt
22-09-03, 22:11
Agree very annoying you gota re-sort it each time you die. I like to have all the drugs etc. in a certain spot in my inventory, drones in another etc.

Thou impairment gives plenty of time to re-sort it but still annoying ;p

*ph33r*
22-09-03, 22:14
I hate having to reorganise my equipment after recollecting my backpack/qb... awesome idea!

Voted yes, 5 stars :D

Disturbed021
22-09-03, 22:19
All classes could benefit from this.
Rated 5 :D

Barar
22-09-03, 22:24
please .. a very simple idea of great benfit

Ozambabbaz
22-09-03, 22:36
YES!
5 stars

Wannabe
23-09-03, 00:10
Yup.. rated 5 stars. Altho I don't die so often, thanks for my friend being a PPU and only a phone call away ;)

// Wannabe

Omnituens
23-09-03, 00:13
yes, i hate it when u got your inv/qb set up nice and neat then a grim chaser spawns on your head.

5 stars.

KramerTheWeird
23-09-03, 00:22
As a PE I have a horrid time resorting my inventory. I have 7 spells not in my quickbelt, several types of ammo, multiple weapons, my hack tool, boosters and drugs, etc. Usuaully I also have tech parts and dog tags in it, so it takes forever to sort.

Xian
23-09-03, 00:28
Even as a Tank this drives me up the wall.

After I die I have to scroll miles down to a completely unorganised inventory and it gets very annoying.. especially since I die so often now. :p

All for it, 5 stars.

Rade
23-09-03, 00:31
Well, same as kramer really, all the drugs, anti-drugs, medikits, hacktool, buffs, different dmg boosts, blah.

But still, I see it as one of the penalties of being killed, I still think dying is a little too easy on people in NC. Harsher penalties or loot rules. *shrug*

Heavyporker
23-09-03, 01:32
who's the fool that voted no?

lynch him!

greendonkeyuk
23-09-03, 02:46
love it mate. As a ppu and as a pe, spy etc. I will benefit with all my characters.

Yalson
23-09-03, 14:04
LOL the inventory interface is so buggy / crap its embarrasing

just thought I'd point out, theres a workaround for moving stuff back to the top - drop an item onto another item

[edit]

and if you go by the forums here you'd think PPUs wouldn't have to worry about this hehe

slaughteruall
23-09-03, 16:30
I think this is almost a most. I hate redoing my inven on my PPU.

Slaughter

DonnyJepp
23-09-03, 16:35
Originally posted by Rizzy
While they fix this, would it be possible to make it so that when you die all of your items are what they say they are! I hate trying to get pokes only being told that i dont have an implant in the window. Then I relog and its my armour or my gun in the processor and that half of the stuff i tried to equip was the wrong items.

What Rizzy said ^^ This happens to me all the time. Basically, if you die and GR, relog, because at least half the time your inventory ain't what it says it is.