PDA

View Full Version : Should we go to the test server and find out if Tanks are underpowered?

Benjie
22-09-03, 19:09
At the end of the day these Tank
threads are BIAST-vs-BIAST.

This is the sort of thing the test
server could be used for. Although
kk say it's not used to test a good
Tank setup, if the Tank _does_ need
a boost then that is somthing that
can be found out at the test server.

I would really like to hear what the gm's
think about this. Is this an acceptable
way to use the test server?

SigmaDraconis
22-09-03, 19:12
That would be a balance issue...thats pretty much why the TS is there no? :D I guess its angled more towards balancing NEW stuff..but i dont beleive they ever specifically said that ;)

Spoon
22-09-03, 19:13
Originally posted by Benjie
Is this an acceptable

No, go read the Test Server Rules sticky in the Test Server forum....

KimmyG
22-09-03, 19:14
TEST server my tank takes 95-100

Real sever tank takes 68-83

Same tanks Test server is no fubar leave test for testing new shit im sure a real server would be better of for a tank testing anyway im sure there are a few capped tanks that yopu could find for a test

QuantumDelta
23-09-03, 00:24
Heh, Vets Tank vs My PE.
o_O

Btw, Kimmy I was told a bug in resists would be fixed this retail patch, could explain it.

edit;
Told by completely unofficial sources.

Lucjan
23-09-03, 00:32
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Btw, Kimmy I was told a bug in resists would be fixed this retail patch, could explain it.

edit;

Interesting, tell us then :)

Rade
23-09-03, 00:38

edit;

tellustellustellustellustellus!

QuantumDelta
23-09-03, 00:40
shouldn't have said anythin.... :P
Besides.....the person who told me can't seriously know for sure.... I don't think...

nonamebrandeggs
23-09-03, 00:48
Please oh please oh please do not boost tanks!

Doc Holliday
23-09-03, 00:50
what the fuck is biast?????????????

QuantumDelta
23-09-03, 00:52
It's a phonetic spelling... :P

Sigh.

KimmyG
23-09-03, 02:11

Well I hope this so called bug doesn't make me resist like on test cause we will all be taking a lot more dmg on retail then.

Shadow Dancer
23-09-03, 02:41
Originally posted by KimmyG
Well I hope this so called bug doesn't make me resist like on test cause we will all be taking a lot more dmg on retail then.

Maybe KK is making us weaker so we will need PPus more, further enhancing their support role. :p

Benjie
23-09-03, 03:07
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
what the fuck is biast?????????????
Sorry I ment Biased (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Biased)

QuantumDelta
23-09-03, 03:22
Oro?
...o_O Talking about Doc or Me? I can't remember if I ever said that...o.o

Benjie
23-09-03, 03:27
Oro?
...o_O Talking about Doc or Me? I can't remember if I ever said that...o.o

Did you know that people who receive insults based on genuine things about them are very likely to suffer from depression in real life, and are more likely to kill themselves? jeez im gunna go edit my post. Sorry quantum delta.

QuantumDelta
23-09-03, 03:32
And now I'm more confused :p

lol, i'm in a good mood.
edited because i didn't need to say why =p

Dirus
23-09-03, 04:58
Originally posted by Benjie
I would really like to hear what the gm's
think about this. Is this an acceptable

You want my opinion on the subject?

Don't waste your time yet. Theres a few balance issues and other things still to come, so going there, doing hrs of testing atm is pretty much a waste of time. I personally have about 6 projects in the works, including weapons, and implants.

Pretty much all these constant "My class sucks, nerf this class" threads that are just repeats of a post someone posted 30minutes before are getting kinda out of hand.

They're the same thread over and over and over.. just worded different and posted by someone else :rolleyes: :(

KidWithStick
23-09-03, 05:00
They're the same thread over and over and over.. just worded different and posted by someone else

did you ever think that there might be a problem then....?

Dirus
23-09-03, 05:02
Originally posted by KidWithStick

Read my post and you'll get the answer to that.. Hell follow half my threads and you'll see what my views of things are.

KidWithStick
23-09-03, 05:05
Originally posted by Lupus
Read my post and you'll get the answer to that.. Hell follow half my threads and you'll see what my views of things are.

i did read it, and i do follow you:wtf:

you said your making new weapons/implants...alright cool...

but if theres 300 people shouting about holy paralysis, you ever think it might need nerfage if not taken out?

or are you just going to make all classes have some new implants:wtf:

Keiron
23-09-03, 05:05
I agree there may be a slight one, but everyone wants their class to be the uber'st one (this is the majority of players, not true for all). They want some balance... but not to their class. Thus making every thread call for more nerfing until it takes 35 players to kill a sewer rat (god forbid a Warbot). I don't think it will ever get that bad, but I am always fearfull:cool:

Dirus
23-09-03, 05:11
i did read it, and i do follow you:wtf:

you said your making new weapons/implants...alright cool...

but if theres 300 people shouting about holy paralysis, you ever think it might need nerfage if not taken out?

or are you just going to make all classes have some new implants:wtf:

Obviously you didn't since I never said I was doing anything about "New" weapons or implants, just that two of the projects I was working on are weapons and implants.

Personally right now I'm more concerned about fixing and balancing whats already in-game then I am bringing new stuff in.

I'm also working on Loot Tables and Tradeskills. However lately my time has been limited.

KRIMINAL99
23-09-03, 05:16
I totally agree with you. Im pretty sure that the only things the gms care about when they say the test server is not for such and such is weather you bother them for anything or not.

Dirus
23-09-03, 05:22
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
I totally agree with you. Im pretty sure that the only things the gms care about when they say the test server is not for such and such is weather you bother them for anything or not.

Actually my concerns are more when people decide to randomly PK anyone they see to see how "Uber" they are since thats in direct violation of the rules.

Using the Test Server to work out your character setup on retail is against the rules as well.

If you want to use the Test Server to get more info on how an area of the game is unbalanced or bugged, then go for it.

However of all the people who use the Server very few actually submit anything report wise, which the main reason its there is to provide feedback on upcoming or planned changes.

The QA's are the Supervisors of the Server.

QuantumDelta
23-09-03, 06:26
Heh, well you know how I work with test server patches.
Recently there hasn't been much I could get access to, to test though.

Tonight I saw pretty much everything that I had "missed."
I would voice some concern about the new rare shotgun, but I guess I've become a little complaicent, trust you too much.

As for bugs themselves, you know if you gimme a list, I'll do it, but generally I only ever consolidate testing on changes that come into patches...

Lucjan
23-09-03, 11:53
Originally posted by Keiron
I agree there may be a slight one, but everyone wants their class to be the uber'st one (this is the majority of players, not true for all). They want some balance... but not to their class. Thus making every thread call for more nerfing until it takes 35 players to kill a sewer rat (god forbid a Warbot). I don't think it will ever get that bad, but I am always fearfull:cool:

The way I see it: we discuss this stuff on the forum, but I think none of the threads can be taken as it is, as people who dont understand many things or are just too narrow minded about their class take part in them. But that actually isnt the point or even purpose. QA and Devs have their own mind and Im pretty sure they get the major point, anything beyond it is their own judgement what to do or not to do about it.