PDA

View Full Version : a LOM day

___T-X____
22-09-03, 13:41
There should be one day a month where characters can LOM with no SI or XP loss. You can give it a fancy name if you like and only sell the LOMs in Peppa P4rk - whatever floats your boat.

Its only when you reach your cap do you realise that your skill isnt as good as you thought it would be, and its then that its the hardest to rectify.

Sort it.

Yalson
22-09-03, 15:52
great idea

enigma_b17
22-09-03, 15:55
lol nice idea 5 stars :P

ZoneVortex
22-09-03, 15:55
Hey I'm down, friggin LOMs >_<

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 15:56
Yes LOM PARTY PH34k OUT!!!

err, sorry again. Yes this is a valid idea!

LTA
22-09-03, 15:56
heh loming as we speak.... only 3 hours wasted so far and i still have 70 odd rifle to go :(

So yeah Great idea :D

switchback
22-09-03, 16:03
actually, a very very good idea, it would be funny to be a mele tank for a month

FBI
22-09-03, 16:05
I think it's a great idea if KK can act on it. Balanced too.

FBI

ZoneVortex
22-09-03, 16:08
OMG it would solve my rerolling fetish!!

Please put this into the game!!

___T-X____
22-09-03, 18:13
heh loming as we speak.... only 3 hours wasted so far and i still have 70 odd rifle to go

this is the thing, as it is, its just a waste of Real life time and its a pain in the arse.

IVe got a researcher and constructor on uranus that I dont play because i find them boring. However im not going to delete them because of the work ive put into them, and im not going to waste a day in RL sorting them out - i dont see why i should its pointless.

Eledhbrant
22-09-03, 21:53
haha all the APUs and PPUs swap for the month, "hey heres my spells, gimme yours" "ok"

Spell and PA swappage...it'd be soo strange... :P

extract
22-09-03, 22:08
no shit I lost like almost 60 mil XP lomming from APU to PPU i was losing like 800k XP per pill thats just rediculous

Ikon
22-09-03, 22:43
Play non-stop for a week as APU in time for LOM day, and then TA DAH, you're a capped PPU in no time. And all op wars are gonna happen on this day as well, because everyone and their mom can be a PPU as needed.

This is a good idea? I thought everyone complained about PPUs, and now you want more of them?

extract
22-09-03, 22:46
Originally posted by Ikon
Play non-stop for a week as APU in time for LOM day, and then TA DAH, you're a capped PPU in no time. And all op wars are gonna happen on this day as well, because everyone and their mom can be a PPU as needed.

This is a good idea? I thought everyone complained about PPUs, and now you want more of them?

thats a bit of a stretch, but I do see where youre coming from.....

Heraclitus
22-09-03, 22:47
Too game-breaking. Other people have suggested places where LoM effects are different and I'd support this as long as it only eliminates on of the existing LoM effects (SI or XP rollback).

msdong
22-09-03, 22:51
ahh, that should be because of .....?????

lol stupid idea

edit:
hey, we are not playing CS.

BTW. why is anyone usin a l33t setup and still need to lom ?

ahh shit ... dont know why im post- nobody will listen o_O

Mankind
22-09-03, 23:50
Decided to make my pure tradeskiller combat again so I can get tech parts off warbots. Lomming at the moment and its oh soo long and fun :)

KidWithStick
23-09-03, 00:05
voted 5 stars...although very unlikely it will happen...people been saying this since they nerfed LOMs

greendonkeyuk
23-09-03, 02:44
Originally posted by msdong
ahh, that should be because of .....?????

lol stupid idea

edit:
hey, we are not playing CS.

BTW. why is anyone usin a l33t setup and still need to lom ?

ahh shit ... dont know why im post- nobody will listen o_O

they have loms in cs?

can you say time-sink?

great idea t-x.

.Cyl0n
23-09-03, 02:48
great idea
5 stars^^

.cy

Shadow Dancer
23-09-03, 02:49
awesome idea.

*tl 3 heals Cylon*

Drexel
23-09-03, 06:27
Simple to impliment :

Just give us a 'Release Points' button once a month.

You log in , pick your character, click 'release', done.

Im here to have fun , & i never on for over 2 hours, why am I been punished coz i wanna try something else on a game im PAYING to have fun on.

Although the full day thing is attractive so you can fine tune points.

Happiest day in Neocron, when they released points on my monk, havent been THAT happy since.

SorkZmok
23-09-03, 06:44
Dont like the idea.
Actually i dont even see the problem. LoMs got into game to help ppl tweak their setup because of all those patches. and NOT to allow ppl to totally change their setups.

I`m lomming all the time, actually its at least 1 LoM a day. And thats what they are for...TWEAKS!

Cause when you had one day to lom as much as you want to in no time, youve got even more perfect PPUs, Tradeskillers and i dont even want to think about all those new capped combat spys :D :D

bounty
23-09-03, 06:46
I know i am in the minority but, although i think the idea is creative, i disagree. The current system doesn't prevent you from LOMing but it makes you think long and hard about it. That is how it should be imo.

Richard Slade
23-09-03, 08:49
I've lomed everyday since two weeks after the first char was made
And making a day like that would totally destroy the principle of loming into something better since that wouldn't take time!
NOT a good idea. IMHO that is

Leebzie
23-09-03, 19:32
There should be more special event days

I somehow recived The sims online news letter :wtf: and it said "today is labour day, and all sims will be free from boring chores of keeping thrmselves 'in the green'"

Runescape, also had special days, like at easter and christmas, they would give away special rare items, as a reward for playing on that day. It kept the game interesting and gave you something new to wear.

I dont quite know about LoM day , but id certainly like to see more "special events"...hell , id like a normal event sumtime too.

I cant quite remember but I think about a week ago I was reading a post by ZeroSanity saying KK had told him not to do events with no RP value...

Does that include the event u were running when all those mobs stormed NC gate , MB , and TH ? i couldnt care less about the RP value. it was FUN. and if its fun , so what if its pointless ?

I mean... KK... games are about FUN...

Richard Slade
24-09-03, 11:12
I might hate to agree with anyone in this forum, but I do now.
Does the RP value ALWAYS make a difference, as long as it's damn fun.
Small parties, shows, zoo's, celebrations and other thingys, with a small portion of handing out "rare" items with no real fighting value, but RP value.
Or as said, mob stormings.
It's just so damn sweet when u actually get something to do
And talk about the next day.