PDA

View Full Version : Inventory based damage/resist enhancers

Lanigav
22-09-03, 12:55
I got this idea when I read the thread about Saturn's super crappish economy and playing Diablo 2.

What if there were items that enhanced your damage or resists simply by having them in your inventory? Make it so the bonus isn't all that large, but big enough to make a noticable difference, and have it so the slowly degrade over time (maybe last a few days to a week), can't be repaired so they'd need to be replaced. Also, you'd only be able to have one of these devices in your inventory at a time (or have more than one but have the bonus not stack).

Instead of buying them, they could be made by various pieces of junk found in and outside of Neocron of varying quality, and then have one or two specific parts (which can't be built from chems) that have to be purchased at a vendor. The cost to construct a single unit would vary based on the TL and cost of the vendor purchased parts, and then runners could purchase them from constructors (or pay a fee for them to be constructed).

Basically one of the larger purposes would be something to help get the economy going again (since there's not much you can use money with outside of newbie stuff, lvl 3 imps and slotted non-rare weapons). The cost and rarity of parts would be enough to make it more expensive or on par with high slotted non-rares, but less expensive than rare weapons or implants.

This is basically just a brain fart put into text, so naturally there would have to be a lot of things worked out if this were to be even considered, but I just figured I'd put out a general idea and see what you all think.