PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Barter, stockX, tradeskill

CkVega
22-09-03, 12:29
Currently, barter is an underused tradeskill (only used for getting items cheaper from shops) and is not really an easy thing to level with (unless you happen to have several million to buy appts with :lol: ).

So I have an idea for improving barter:
Have it so the more barter you have the more information you can get about StockX shares.
Example:
With 0 barter all you get is the trend.

With 50 barter, you should get an vague indication of which way the stocks will go (with the chance that it could be wrong) plus a mild bonus to sale price.

With 100+ barter you should gain even more insight and know how stock prices will rise/fall with a good degree of accuracy (although still a minor chance it could be wrong) with a larger bonus to sale price. It should also indicate what is a good/bad sale/purchase price (via highlighting prices in red/green.

For leveling, anytime you sell stock for a higher price than what you bought it for you should gain XP (amount depenant on profit), also an amount of XP should be gained for general stockX activity.
A safeguard must be put in place to ensure that people cannot just buy/sell quickly to level up quickly, prahaps a small broker fee (that diminishes in price with the more barter you have).

Any comments or additional ideas?

extract
22-09-03, 12:35
haha if that were the case economy in NC would go worse than it already is...imagine barters telling everyone in the game what stocks were goin to go up...everyone would be millionares I like the fact that my money atm still counts for something.....if this were to happen money would be worthless as everyone in game would have millions

Rizzy
22-09-03, 12:37
extract sorry to burst your bubble but the economy already is fucked. Anyway, vega its a great idea and would make barter a good tradeskill and stockx actually useful, 2 birds with 1 stone!

CkVega
22-09-03, 12:38
Originally posted by extract
haha if that were the case economy in NC would go worse than it already is...imagine barters telling everyone in the game what stocks were goin to go up...everyone would be millionares I like the fact that my money atm still counts for something.....if this were to happen money would be worthless as everyone in game would have millions

You do make a good point, So maybe what will be needed is the occasional stock market crash, maybe the stock that has the most runner money in it, that way all the "HOT" stocks might be too dangerous to invest a lot of money into.

Richard Slade
22-09-03, 12:39
Good point for a start in neptune though, can't argue with that.

extract
22-09-03, 12:42
Originally posted by Rizzy
extract sorry to burst your bubble but the economy already is fucked. Anyway, vega its a great idea and would make barter a good tradeskill and stockx actually useful, 2 birds with 1 stone!

maybe you should read my post in depth

"make the economy WORSE than it already is"

I never stated it was good nor perfect, I simply said that atm my money still means something...whereas if this were to take place money in a sense would be worthless and you fudgin know it

CkVega
22-09-03, 12:42
Additional:
you can't be online 24/7 (although some people do try :rolleyes: )
So prahaps you should be able to set an automatic sell option if the stock reaches (or falls) beyond a cirtain level.
Prahaps make this an option of having a high level of barter, or the more barter you have = the more sell rules you can make.

\\Fényx//
22-09-03, 12:43
Nice Idea, shame that StockX is b0rked and deletes your cash without giving you stocks o_O :( !

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 17:26
I love the idea of stock market crashes... could be related to hacker attacks as well.