PDA

View Full Version : A Day in the life of.....

garyu69
22-09-03, 11:44
...an unwanted runner in NC.

A lot of people say they would like to see anti-city faction to be KOS when they enter NC.

I tried to experience what this would be like. I went to MB and killed the barman (He refused to serve me) a few times which resulted in -25 SL.

Being only level 17 i knew i would not last long in the city, but i thought i could at least partly begin to feel what it would be like. So i GR'ed to my Appartment.

Hoped out the lift and looked around, all was clear. Started to attempt to make my way to Plaza from VR. Got to my first problem, two Copbots just around the corner ready and waiting to shoot my ass.

I went back the other way, new TT HQ. But no, Foiled again. More Copbots near YO's. I thought time to Kamikaze. I sprinted and made it round a Wall with only 34 health. But i knew i was in trouble, they were after me. What to do?........ well the only option i saw visable was to begin running again, so i ran and ran but BANG!.

Dead.

In pain i zipped back to the Appartment. Recovered and went for it again, but this time went the other way. Again i ran and managed to get around the other side of a piller for protection and then onwards again, but dead. Fortunatly a friendly PPU was passing and he gladly patched my wounds and i was able to run some more.

But again i found it impossible to get to Plaza. Then i had the plan of heading for the safety of the Subway.

I made it alive and decided to activate the OZ subway station GR. I knew i had had my first part of success. I now headed for Pepper Park, hoping that the sleazy underground would be a good place for someone like myself.

I exited the subway and felt at home among criminals (Please don't hunt me down now) But to my suprise what i see running towards me from down the street? a Copbot!

Gah! I ran back to the subway feeling like my mission was a failure. But with one last effort i made my way to the Subway station in Plaza 1.

I hoped out and could see DRE shop across the bridge. Peeped to my right and saw two Copbots. I knew i was close to getting to Medicare, which is where i wanted to go.

I just off the bridge to the left and hid behind a wall. I knew if i ran i would be killed.... but there was nothing to lose, i had come this far.....

I ran out and made it to the steps before dying :(

But another friendly PPU healed me up and i ran through the doors cheering like i had won a marathon before being nailed once again.

But i was healed up again and this time the Copbots did not touch me. It appeared i was safe in this area.

Well that was my day yesterday, yes i was bored and yes it will not be a true reflection of what it would be like for enemy factions being KOS in the city.
But it does kinda prove that you will still be able to wander around, even if ver limited. And high level players will probably be able to run away before getting killed.

Well i best get back to work. Bye!

bounty
22-09-03, 11:51
That was a hilarious story. I don't know if that was meant to be, but i got a great chuckle out of that cause i've had the -SL before and its not fun, esp when your apartment is in the city. NOW, for anyone that has experienced the SL droner bug, then they know that this is the worst of them all, imagine having negative soul light and every guard from every faction will shoot you down. Doesn't give you much room to work with, and i experience this bug on a daily basis if i want to put up with it to have some droning fun.

garyu69
22-09-03, 11:56
hehe, it was funny doing it :D

One of the things i left out was the continuous attempts at trying to run away from the GR in P2, took me about 20 attempts before i managed to get round the corner and run to the subway.

Gah 100% SI is good.

It was also funny pretending to play the nOOb role and saying, why they shooting me. lol

bounty
22-09-03, 11:57
Yeah that is a hard spot, you CAN gr in medicare though and make it to the ramp,it is possible, but its like a 1 in 40 tries sometimes. That was with a no armor, newb spy character, i'm sure a tank could do it.

Richard Slade
22-09-03, 12:06
Originally posted by bounty
Yeah that is a hard spot, you CAN gr in medicare though and make it to the ramp,it is possible, but its like a 1 in 40 tries sometimes. That was with a no armor, newb spy character, i'm sure a tank could do it.

As long as the doors are closed you should be fine
(Trust a droner in SL issues...)

bounty
22-09-03, 12:07
nah, the copbots shoot right through the doors, even if they are closed.

Richard Slade
22-09-03, 12:08
nah, the copbots shoot right through the doors, even if they are closed.

You sure don't play on saturn do you.
Never been hit by the cockbots when GRing into medcare
(Well after taunting them yes, but that's a different story)

garyu69
22-09-03, 12:11
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Never been hit by the cockbots lol, Cockbots.... hehe.

I am sad :(

bounty
22-09-03, 12:11
actually i do have a character on saturn, and it was my droner who i was doing this with. No matter what i did, they would shoot me through the doors, i don't know if I went out the doors the first time or not though, but every time after i would try to get to that ramp and they would shoot through doors, and would even shoot through the wall on the right between the GR and the ramp.

Richard Slade
22-09-03, 12:13
actually i do have a character on saturn, and it was my droner who i was doing this with. No matter what i did, they would shoot me through the doors, i don't know if I went out the doors the first time or not though, but every time after i would try to get to that ramp and they would shoot through doors, and would even shoot through the wall on the right between the GR and the ramp.

Well let's settle this with a conclusion I just made outta that post.
If u get the cockers into movement once, ur a deader for some time
However if they do stand still at first you should manage quite fine to get away
As long as the doors are closed.
Sounds fair enough to you?

bounty
22-09-03, 12:15
Yeah that must be the reason, i will test it tommarow since that character can never get out of the negatives of SL due to the random SL hits for no reason at all whatsoever, and they can't take care of that "in game" by GMs, but thats a whole dif story.

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 12:37
I can tell you from my PoV (that of a Pure APU with -52 SL)

that it's not hard to avoide copbots, but you have to know what your doing, OZ and Indust are your frends, pepper park 3 is where you can pick up the hard spider missions to gain SL..

plasa 1, don't run in front on the copbot's, run into the sewer near the grav shafts, if your quick you can make it, heal up then get out..

I've managed at -52 SL, to walk from VR3 to VR2, VR2 to Proto HQ, Proto HQ to plasa 2... that's one trip no death's...

I also managed, at the start of my low SL mission, Plasa 4, to plasa 1, plasa 1 to subway, subway to OZ, OZ to pepper park...

You just have to plan your route right, and stick to it, it's easy to live in the inner city wtih low SL..