PDA

View Full Version : Making Neocron into a True City

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 08:10
I just looked at the map sizes in the Neocron folder of mine. (yes, Neocron's haunting me), and realized from my small bit of 3d from VRML - the bulk of the game's size is in graphic textures and such and sheer programming. The maps themselves are relatively tiny. All that'd be needed for this idea would be to reuse current textures.

And I bet I'm not alone in this - we've all thought that Neocron City was a *tad* too small to be a proper city.

Right?

SO..... I know that we can't really make the buildings themselves soar into the clouds (just yet), so I propose this:

We deepen the city!

"Deepen the city, what?!" You say! I know, I know, it doesn't make much sense upfront, but let me explain!

The exteriors of the buildings are currently limited, right? The shops are hardwired into the sides of the buildings, right?
And we can't widen anything, right? So... We go to the unused places and the sector connections, and add zone points into them.

"WTF" says the incredulous among you. Have no fear, I shall explain.

Let me provide examples!

This section, putting new zones in between sector connections - the new zones would be called Plaza Corridor or Pepper Park Street or Via Rosso Avenue or Outzone Way. They'd be basically really thin zones - just almost straight from entry point to entry point, but you'd get the chance to get some real scenery in - architectural treats and better places to put NPCs for chatting up (yes, Callash, I think you'd like that)and more role-play spots (street corners or appropriately cyberpunky in-city public parks to gather)

I'm sure we all know that connecting fork between Via Rosso One and Two. I say, put a zone between them! Yes! Let's put a long thin walkway into the new zone - the dimensons would basically be the same as in that structure - the 20 meter or so breadth and low ceiling... But hark! In the center strip that divides the two sidewalks, there would be a garden - smooth, manicured, and an orderly procession of potted plants. The occasional bench sits upon the center strip so we can rest. One side would have a huge and very long window (those that have ridden the subway and went by that spot in Via Rosso should know what I speak of), open to the sea, perhaps. The other walkway would have is side of the wall papered with many holosigns of different sizes (small cityterm sized and large billboard sized), all cycling through advertisements. Covered pathway - protected corridor, I think.

You know that connecting fork between Plaza Two and Plaza One? I propose a similiar methodology, putting a new zone in between the zone points, but differently styled. Since the center of that fork is solid, let's make it so the splitting off sideways meander a bit, with the occasional tree or so. Hell, perhaps even make one sidewalk be a series of ramps of sorts, going up over a shop or two (like an explosive weapons A&W vendor?). Covered pathway, though - you'd be going through a building, I think.

Hey, about Pepper Park... my idea for their own corridors to be added between the sector connections: Streets! For real streets!
Lampposts glory down the sides, with benches here and there, and even fire escape stairs down the sides of buildings (not that you could enter more than a few buildings, but hey, that's another idea). And finally you'd have proper spots for drug dealers to hang - the Pepper Park Sectors proper don't really work as places for dealers to work, right? Open-air above of course.

For Outzone Sector connections... well... Alleyways sound like the best way to set them up - dark and dank paths that are tight squeezes to walk through. Open-air above of course.

For Plaza 3 to Plaza 4, Plaza 3 to Plaza 1, and Plaza 2 to Plaza 3 - you can most likely use almost the same setups - long walkways - basically just extensions of the connections.

This corridor idea could even apply to Tech Haven - curvy corridors of medium length with several turrets and guards and benches along the walls to make zoning between Tech Haven Sectors proper more interesting.

This would add vastly more depth to Neocron City (and perhaps Tech Haven as well) for a VERY SMALL investment of mappers' time and effort.

If the mappers have some free time, they could have a LOT of fun with this... I'm not talking about full-fledged zones - only corridors to add real depth and size to the geography of Neocron City. Hell, this could even be a mapping project for the community to contribute to. They could make the basic maps, and KK could check over them.

Allow me to continue in another vein.

You know the Construction Club, things like that? How about we make special entrances for places like that, of a sort?

Like, say, in the corridors... or in the off-the-beaten-path places like a new door under the Police Drone Entryway up the SkyCenter in Plaza Two, or set down a hatch in Pepper Park Two inside a club or something like that. Clicking on them either opens them and you go in into a zone point, or like the cellar/sewers, right-clicking on the door activates an mechanism (either you zone right off or you have to enter the password)

Then people have to go out of their way to get to a club... interesting places that they might have otherwise passed by. Making people go up an apt lift isn't imaginative, not by a long shot.

So that's it for now... What do you guys think?

Kazuko
22-09-03, 08:17
It would just mean more unused space. The idea is nice, but in application, if Neocron was going along running fine, DOY was released months ago and everyone was brimming.. Then I would agree fully.

switchback
22-09-03, 11:48
i agree with kazuko, why complicate things now

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 13:19
But it's the changes like these that would bring more people to neocron..

It's like saying, "let's not fix MC5 untill everyone has seen it, somone might like it"

I'd not make the zones long and thin though, I'd make them propper zones, full sized with twist's and hight..

one thing I would do, extend current maps upwards, so we get the feeling of a real city, right now it feel's like a load of low rises, nothing mega city about it..

CkVega
22-09-03, 14:21
Plaza should be the size that Neocron city currently is (including outzone), each other area should be increased in size aswell.

There should also be various alleys and unsafe interconnecting parts (not just pepper park and outzone).

Each faction HQ should be several zones in size.

There should be unique features of each city zone (maybe a workshop in some zones for an increase in construction skill, and a Lab for research blah blah blah).

Different shops should sell different items (some items unique to that zone).

The wastlands need to increase in size by at least double with more caves (and unique boss rewards in each).

A Market district should introduced with player run shops.

I want a city, not a town :D

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 15:37
I like the idea for me, but newbie have a hard enough time as it is to grasp the size of neocron... most of them run around aimlesly.

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 15:42
naa, IMHO if a newb don't know the way to go, that's the best situation..

why, because then a newb might not see everything, or get lost and end up in a place they didn't know about...

realy NC should be like a maze in pepper park, plasa should be lot's of walkways, and Via lot's of open spaces..

OZ should be gutter's and old open spaces filled with home made hut's and sorta like a cross between plasa PP and VR, but less clean..

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 15:47
Well more space = less people in an area. maybe if doy brings up the numbers a billion thne i defenetly agrea :)

Maybe a few zone redesigns would be nice

Devils Grace
22-09-03, 16:47
i like ur idea very much tho i see one problem

theres some aereas (in my case) and i know some agree with me, that i dont use/go, others that i dont really know kuz i dont need, why u ask, kuz lack of stuff to do there

with the numers of population now u dont need more zones, maybe, but things to do on aereas that are uneused, like new lvling places with harder mobs, or missions that would make sence, not those reserch that u have now.

that would be a good idea if the population recieves a boost, a very good one, but not at the current lvls.

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 17:00
I'm working on the missions (gonna be good, trust me)

Just because there isn't many things to do in some zones doesn't mean they shouldn't exist. Like Blakkmist, like Tawkeen, like Gaya Mine C. Are you saying they shouldn't exist?!

Look, corridors first, THEN you can go in and modify them later. I would think it'd take time to get the corridors setup first.

The thing is... The subways would make a LOT more sense now (with the city deepened, the subway starts to be a huge timesaver for everyone, not just newbies. Right now, its only on par with running on foot.)

And that's the point - making things viable instead of ripping them out, like they're ripping out the NC Bank - I proposed what I thought was an extremely good implementation in my Second Idea Nova: Making stock only buyable from Stock-X terminals and the NC Bank itself, and making the NPCs in the Stock Exchange in the bank actually give tips about investing (aphorisms like "buy low, sell high" and "there's no time like now to invest" and actually tell you what stocks look good "NExT stocks has been moving upwarrds for the last X days." [guys - this'd be really easyt for KK to implement - make a serverside utility that tracks stocks over time, and the stockbroker NPCs would get a dynamic scripting that gets X (time) and Y (faction) and maybe Z (total change) and integrates them into a static dialogue scripted line like I just said])

And besides, if the KK guys start now, they can get the new corridors in before DoY or just after DoY (hence, Neocron City itself would balance out the mass exodus moving to DoY just for new sights)

Sealdude
19-12-03, 04:15
Hell yes! If runner owned shops are to be included then this is a must. Also PP should be more of a cricle and not a line. Right now it goes from PP1 straight on the PP2 (which sucks for anti bd factions) and then onto PP 3 and IND A. It should be more like plaza 1 where there a three ways in and out. Sorry if this dosent make sense now but I will draw up a map soon.

Clive tombstone
19-12-03, 05:18
I was thinking off some cool just a while ago, I was watching the 5th Element, and I saw the whole city scene, with hover cars to the Max. Anywho, Something that would be cool with your Passageways is that you could see like a Highway thats inside neocron, and all sorts of cars are going up and down the highway, I dunno, Id have to draw it to give you exactly what Im thinking.

Hmm, this might be difficult, but I shall succeed,

BTW great idea.:D

Sealdude
19-12-03, 05:27
If KK decides to remove safe zones and make faction HQs more important than this would also be better. If each faction HQ was pretty spaced out then people would have to go from place to place and see things.

ServeX
19-12-03, 05:53
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I just looked at the map sizes in the Neocron folder of mine. (yes, Neocron's haunting me), and realized from my small bit of 3d from VRML - the bulk of the game's size is in graphic textures and such and sheer programming. The maps themselves are relatively tiny. All that'd be needed for this idea would be to reuse current textures.

And I bet I'm not alone in this - we've all thought that Neocron City was a *tad* too small to be a proper city.

Right?

SO..... I know that we can't really make the buildings themselves soar into the clouds (just yet), so I propose this:

We deepen the city!

"Deepen the city, what?!" You say! I know, I know, it doesn't make much sense upfront, but let me explain!

The exteriors of the buildings are currently limited, right? The shops are hardwired into the sides of the buildings, right?
And we can't widen anything, right? So... We go to the unused places and the sector connections, and add zone points into them.

"WTF" says the incredulous among you. Have no fear, I shall explain.

Let me provide examples!

This section, putting new zones in between sector connections - the new zones would be called Plaza Corridor or Pepper Park Street or Via Rosso Avenue or Outzone Way. They'd be basically really thin zones - just almost straight from entry point to entry point, but you'd get the chance to get some real scenery in - architectural treats and better places to put NPCs for chatting up (yes, Callash, I think you'd like that)and more role-play spots (street corners or appropriately cyberpunky in-city public parks to gather)

I'm sure we all know that connecting fork between Via Rosso One and Two. I say, put a zone between them! Yes! Let's put a long thin walkway into the new zone - the dimensons would basically be the same as in that structure - the 20 meter or so breadth and low ceiling... But hark! In the center strip that divides the two sidewalks, there would be a garden - smooth, manicured, and an orderly procession of potted plants. The occasional bench sits upon the center strip so we can rest. One side would have a huge and very long window (those that have ridden the subway and went by that spot in Via Rosso should know what I speak of), open to the sea, perhaps. The other walkway would have is side of the wall papered with many holosigns of different sizes (small cityterm sized and large billboard sized), all cycling through advertisements. Covered pathway - protected corridor, I think.

You know that connecting fork between Plaza Two and Plaza One? I propose a similiar methodology, putting a new zone in between the zone points, but differently styled. Since the center of that fork is solid, let's make it so the splitting off sideways meander a bit, with the occasional tree or so. Hell, perhaps even make one sidewalk be a series of ramps of sorts, going up over a shop or two (like an explosive weapons A&W vendor?). Covered pathway, though - you'd be going through a building, I think.

Hey, about Pepper Park... my idea for their own corridors to be added between the sector connections: Streets! For real streets!
Lampposts glory down the sides, with benches here and there, and even fire escape stairs down the sides of buildings (not that you could enter more than a few buildings, but hey, that's another idea). And finally you'd have proper spots for drug dealers to hang - the Pepper Park Sectors proper don't really work as places for dealers to work, right? Open-air above of course.

For Outzone Sector connections... well... Alleyways sound like the best way to set them up - dark and dank paths that are tight squeezes to walk through. Open-air above of course.

For Plaza 3 to Plaza 4, Plaza 3 to Plaza 1, and Plaza 2 to Plaza 3 - you can most likely use almost the same setups - long walkways - basically just extensions of the connections.

This corridor idea could even apply to Tech Haven - curvy corridors of medium length with several turrets and guards and benches along the walls to make zoning between Tech Haven Sectors proper more interesting.

This would add vastly more depth to Neocron City (and perhaps Tech Haven as well) for a VERY SMALL investment of mappers' time and effort.

If the mappers have some free time, they could have a LOT of fun with this... I'm not talking about full-fledged zones - only corridors to add real depth and size to the geography of Neocron City. Hell, this could even be a mapping project for the community to contribute to. They could make the basic maps, and KK could check over them.

Allow me to continue in another vein.

You know the Construction Club, things like that? How about we make special entrances for places like that, of a sort?

Like, say, in the corridors... or in the off-the-beaten-path places like a new door under the Police Drone Entryway up the SkyCenter in Plaza Two, or set down a hatch in Pepper Park Two inside a club or something like that. Clicking on them either opens them and you go in into a zone point, or like the cellar/sewers, right-clicking on the door activates an mechanism (either you zone right off or you have to enter the password)

Then people have to go out of their way to get to a club... interesting places that they might have otherwise passed by. Making people go up an apt lift isn't imaginative, not by a long shot.

So that's it for now... What do you guys think?

Sounds beutiful, fit for a romance movie. Problem is neocron isn't really in that genre. Sorry.

rubaduckythug
19-12-03, 08:26
I wouldnt mind seeing buildins extend upwards towards the skys a bit more ;) would be kool, also wit some functionality and not jsut buildings going up, like add stores up there and more apts ect... also build more walkways on the sides of buildingsd but higher and mabey add some sky bridges hehe:p sounds kool though

Dissenter
19-12-03, 11:44
they could definatly be extended upwards, just look at NeoFrag deck 2, when you jump off the edge and look up, it is very very high, or look at the Lifts in TH, quite high too.

And people should not be able to jump ontop of medicare like what is possible now, I can see all hell breaking loose if safezones are removed and a tank/apu gets up there with a malediction/barrel.

[edit] spelling

Q`alooaith
19-12-03, 12:30
It'd be a pain in th ass for an APU to barrel from the top of there, barrel's range suck's quite a bit..

I'd made a Brainport post about adding more zone's to neocron shortly after or around the time this topic started, many people nit picked about falling down zone's and the such..

Ascension
19-12-03, 13:10
Before BDOY is release The Game should be updated to the DOY add-on etc. Then the game should be put into a 'Public Beta State'

This is when New Changes should be made!

New Ideas should be implimented then, Also that new pub Idea for Plaza 1 would be nice to see..

Just my thoughts..

Soz for going offtopic- These idea's are great I would love to see this;)

FunkEFerret
19-12-03, 21:24
how about instead of "corridors", they build litterally down into the ground. It could be slightly like the sewers, but more habitable w/ shops and such (Pepper Park would be a great place as it is already the Red light district, why not give it an underground city)

Heavyporker
22-12-03, 03:08
hmm.. that'd be interesting... but its "easier" to build up than into the ground, what with having to evacuate...

Yeah, but it'd be easy enough to stop ppl from long-ranging into the ground level - just make it so that the buildings taper to a point the higher they go, like this /\ , and to put many walkways and such between buildings as you go up, so no one got a clear shot down.

Spectra260
22-12-03, 03:50
whats the point...

theres hardly anyone on anyways, and the city is bare enough as it is

Benjie
22-12-03, 05:18
I don't want any improvements to Neocron.
So your idea is an imporvment huh? You got the evidence to back it up? Your stating it as a fact, when it's not. Well, I think you just made a biased poll.
I voted for that in lack of a 'I don't want reakktor devs to give this thread any attention whatsoever' option. Why? Because in my opinion it's not important and it's not even a very good idea.

IceStorm
22-12-03, 05:41
The City's barren enough as it is. There's also the zone load on the servers that should be taken into account. If you're thinking about doubling the number of zones in NC proper, well... remember that the lift zoning bug still isn't licked.

Let KK fix zoning first before doubling the number of city zones. If you wanted to increase the size of the current zones, that may make more sense. Unfortunately, it would appear to come up against the same zone problems as adding more zones - server load.

lullysing
21-01-04, 22:58
I want craped corridro zones filled with vendors and bums trying to sell crap like green glands. I want stuff like noodle shops, discount weapon stores, player run stores... all craped so people are bumping each other as they go past.

This would give an attitude to such a "market"sector...

Psyco Groupie
21-01-04, 23:04
why dont you learn to play instead of explaining retarded mapping methods on the forum

Mumblyfish
21-01-04, 23:06
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
why dont you learn to play instead of explaining retarded mapping methods on the forum

Because compared to other MMOs, the maps are generally very poor?

Dribble Joy
21-01-04, 23:06
Look on the NC manual/box cover.
See in the background?
A big fuck off skyscraper.
NC doen't go 'up' enough either.
The streets are thin and tiny, make it more like London or New York, nice big open areas with huge buildings, actuall streets.
Add some fake skyscrapers outside NC at the entrances, so it actually looks like you are approaching a mega city.

mdares
21-01-04, 23:08
i like it for the most part but concerns of others is well stated: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!

Psyco Groupie
21-01-04, 23:10
i'd say heavyfairy is explain less detailed mapping ...

the doy screens look alot more detailed

and stop saying 'but the box mmememeemememmmeh'

'online gameplay may change etc'

you people are the same people who whine if it takes too long to zone .. then you ask for more tiny zones to join your ass to your face ...

Dribble Joy
21-01-04, 23:12
I'm simply stating that NC does not look like a city at all. ffs.

Psyco Groupie
21-01-04, 23:15
at all ? .. yeah OK

Marx
21-01-04, 23:19
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
at all ? .. yeah OK

doesn't look like a city at all.

looks more like a mall than anything else.

i agree with heavy that the best way to expand is up, as it is now, all the real space on the city maps is unused...

i also agree with dribble joy that something should be done so as you actually see a city on the horizon when approaching neocron.

Dribble Joy
21-01-04, 23:20
Oh dear lord.. who stuffed a fork up your arse today? Chill.

Ran
22-01-04, 00:32
Both of ya'll.
Yes, I said ya'll, but that doesn't mean I'm any less serious.

Ryuben
22-01-04, 01:58
why didn't thins thread get a bumping is bad mmm kay .....like 25 days bump where as the 18 day bump over there got one too

:angel: heavy is a mod :p

metalangel
22-01-04, 14:26
What I find a bit baffling is that the city is not designed for vehicular traffic.

The only vehicles (the flying cars) seem to have vanished from the inner city districts, making it seem like one giant pedestrian precinct.

When DoY was coming, I suggested roads that could be used by the vehicles. Not everywhere, just a few big boulevard-style roads with pedestrian bridges. The cars would be restricted to the road so you couldn't go plowing down the sidewalk, but it would be a lot cooler to walk down a street in a future city with Wheeler V2s and Troop Transporters rolling past, right?

It would also save us from that long trip to the city exit every time we want to drive to a hunting spot.

And you're right about the subway, it's actually faster to run P1->P4->PP1->Subway to get to the outzone than getting the subway from P1.

Ryuben
22-01-04, 14:35
just go into the sub way :p reset position...go for a piss / get a beer

when it resets ur in OZ :D

QuantumDelta
22-01-04, 14:36
When this thread was first posted LAST YEAR there was another post about making the city taller.

The reason I didn't like it was because it didn't in the remotest fit in with the storyline which talks about the radiation shield.

At higher altitudes the radiation would probably be worse due to the thinner air, not to mention the requirements for better energy shields if you were going to extend the city upwards, you'd also have to remap at least 3 zones of wasteland territory to show the city from outside.

Meh.

metalangel
22-01-04, 16:55
The only games where I've ever seen a remotely convincing depiction of a city are Flashpoint, Mafia and GTA.

Then you have stuff like Hitman, like Deus Ex, Like Kingpin, like Duke Nukem 3D where you have 90 degree corners no car could ever negotiate, roads that run for 100 yards before being confronted with a brick wall or metal roll door. I mean, that fire truck in Duke Nukem, it could never have fit down the streets outside its unconvincing fire station! And Deus Ex, the roads in New York could only possibly be negotiated by a motorbike or wheelchair :wtf:

Marx
22-01-04, 17:40
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
The reason I didn't like it was because it didn't in the remotest fit in with the storyline which talks about the radiation shield.

At higher altitudes the radiation would probably be worse due to the thinner air, not to mention the requirements for better energy shields if you were going to extend the city upwards, you'd also have to remap at least 3 zones of wasteland territory to show the city from outside.

Meh.

Well, first off we don't know the supposed spec's on said radiation sheild. This is why I like the idea of suspending disbeleif for a tad, hell, we already have all these tall buildings, its a shame they're just empty husks.

Anyways, centuries after the initial conflict and being almost a century after the last usage of nuclear weapons in my opinion deprives the need of radioactive worry.

Remapping would be simple, just toss in a different sky. one with a standard city like thing drawn onto one horizon... It works for the sea in v3.

retr0n
22-01-04, 17:48
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
When this thread was first posted LAST YEAR there was another post about making the city taller.

Meh.

Storylines can change as the game expands... "We now have the
technology to improve our shiled so we can expand our city up into
the sky..." or whatever direction you choose but personally i would
like to see some kind of "underground network"... that would be
teh win

//Radium

Heavyporker
22-01-04, 21:18
Wow, people really like this thread. I refrained from posting earlier because that was a flame fight, anyways.

One: Neocron has energy-based radiation shield - its not just limited to being extended horizonally. Another thing - radiation left over from the war is in the ground - anything in the air precipated LOOOOONNNNGGG ago. You wouldn't have to worry about rads coming going up into air then down because as i said, its in the ground and the rad shield would be dome-shaped, giving the city the best protection for the least expenditure of energy (volume to surface, same reason space bodies self-form into spheres once they get enough mass)

Two: its not that hard at all to put a vista of the city's height looming in the distance - a flat map of the city's general silhoutte to the east/south east/south/southwest/west of the closest wasteland sectors to the city would give an excellent feel of the city's height. Not like you NEED to deep-render the the city's 3D buildings at that distance, you won't be able to gauge the visual depth and distinctions of the city. Kinda like you can SEE New York city at from like 30 or so miles, but you can't make out individual buildings.

Three: It's not just the height, its the breadth and width of the city when you're actually in the city... You just DON'T get the mega-city feel in Neocron City because you're able to physically run through one end to another of the city in like half a hour if you know the way. You just wouldn't be able to do that in any real city in RL, even though neocron city is constrained. Putting "linking zones" between the city sectors proper would HUGELY deepen the city. Two, if not three, birds with one stone - RP atmosphere and giving the subway a proper edge over merely going by foot inside the city, and spreading out the city population.

Milksh@ke
30-01-04, 02:38
throwing in my 2 pence & muchos apologies for mostly skim reading this thread, but I think if you were to add more to the city complex itself going down would be v.cool

imagine approx 7 levels beneath the city, bright neon illuminating the steel grating floors different shops to those in the city use, black markets, secret passageways. constant rainflow through the levels from the drainage above.

I would be a nice derivation from the relavtively "clean" city, like pepper park but worse, traders dealing in rare drugs, clothing from other cities, player owned shops, almost an ingame auction area.

Just a thought :) but I like it

QuantumDelta
30-01-04, 03:42
Originally posted by Milksh@ke
throwing in my 2 pence & muchos apologies for mostly skim reading this thread, but I think if you were to add more to the city complex itself going down would be v.cool

imagine approx 7 levels beneath the city, bright neon illuminating the steel grating floors different shops to those in the city use, black markets, secret passageways. constant rainflow through the levels from the drainage above.

I would be a nice derivation from the relavtively "clean" city, like pepper park but worse, traders dealing in rare drugs, clothing from other cities, player owned shops, almost an ingame auction area.

Just a thought :) but I like it

Going down.
THAT is a better idea by a VERY Large factor.

XanX
30-01-04, 15:07
Yeah, most post-apocalyptic realms of future events depict a sprawling UNDER ground city, not high up city. The current state of pepper park kinda has that feel, but I think that it is severly lacking in this area.

Best idea ever by the milkstah, 5 stars to j00 :P

[TgR]KILLER
30-01-04, 15:20
i like the idea.. make some more corners and mayby small emty buildings were ppl could hang out or mayby places for clans to hang out..

on pluto everybody who's been playing for a while knows were to go when somebody says "pimp corner" u might end up with more of those places.. gives something special to server's / clans etc..

Milksh@ke
31-01-04, 01:56
I think the addition of the outzone jailhouse club is cool tho thats a nice idea for external development, that could be developed a lot more I think, ponders...

MrDomino
07-04-04, 01:00
we need clubs where the various ally factions can hang together. there aren't any real clubs or meeting spots

amfest
07-04-04, 01:13
OMG talk about a over a month bump post 8|
Let it die. We'll have to see how everything is going to look in BDOY anyhow and then go from there.

Glok
07-04-04, 01:20
Nono amfest, it was on the first page. The new forums bump polls when someone votes on them.

xkorpio
07-04-04, 01:26
As someone said before, the city must be huge, at least for my vision of a futuristic cyberpunk city.

The city of Neocron should be as big as is now the wastelands, so you can walk from one point to another of the city in about 20-30 mins, THAT'S A REAL CITY, and by this means, the wastelands should be increased in equal proportion, if now there is, didnt really know, 5 square zones of wasteland per Neocron square, make numbers, we got here a really big, and cool world, with more space to have different ambiences (ice, desert, jungle, old city ruins or highways, craters... etc). Of course the other cities should grow as well.

I know its a crazy idea, but is what I like it to be, then the subway would make sense, and vehicles too!

It would be cool add those "intermediate" areas to make Neocron more "wide"

amfest
07-04-04, 02:57
Nono amfest, it was on the first page. The new forums bump polls when someone votes on them.
yea i've noticed that which sucks cause alot of polls will just never die cause people will think it's new. Also moderation of them being old will take a bit cause the dates of last post will not be recent. oh well. Personalyl I think what I see out in the wastes and then enter into neocron . .. it's a super city alright. Compare it to what you see outside. Not what you know in real life or what you have seen in movies. Compare the size of you character. Although with runspeeds as they are you can run through the city of neocron in no time. But that's another thread that's ongoing against the people who want to change things to require more tactics which would change the way pvp is done and then there are those who prefer to have fast paced FPS action where you just run head first into your enemy and just keep blasting on them till they die while trying to dance and not be hit because you are fast.

Marx
07-04-04, 03:17
It allows people who're not on often to voice their opinion - it also puts pressure on the mods to stick these threads into the brainport deathyard after x-amount of time.

Heavyporker
07-04-04, 23:13
Ain't complaining about this.

I fully agree about the city sectors doubling in size horizonally, at MINIMUM, and of the wasteland sectors increasing in width fivefold. With the OPs and all such staying the same size... tiny oases of safety and hope.

And I still firmly believe there should be an universal wasteland radiation of at MINIMUM 10 xray damage a second.

I've thought about this, and adding underground levels to the Cities can only be agood thing... as long as the mainsewers and sewers figure into them.

I mean, aren't you guys confused at the fact that the citysewers have the same maps inside themselves - as in, go down from street, sewer 1 has the grating and the water below, go down to level two, it has grating and water, and all that shit! WTF? Make sewer 1 all grating, sewer 2 less grating and a lot of pipe walls and shit (a la Military base outlets) and then level 3 sewers all water. Makes no sense to have alternating levels of grating and water!

at least the NCPD surviellance drones are coming back!

edit - and before you whiners bitch - lookit polls - a LOT of ppl like this idea.

XSuneX
08-04-04, 00:03
PLEASE no more Zones untill crashing from zoning or what ever you want to call it is eliminated.

Heavyporker
08-04-04, 00:07
wtf, you voted no just because of random crashing?

not like the subway is gonna be useless once those zones go into effect.

XSuneX
08-04-04, 06:30
wtf, you voted no just because of random crashing?

not like the subway is gonna be useless once those zones go into effect.

If I don't have to Zone into your new area, then ok. But the more different little sections there are the more time I got to see that login screen & hitting the resume button. And NO it's not me.

I do agree about what you said about the mapping of the sewers and the actual radiation in the wastelands.

Kenjuten
08-04-04, 07:48
"No it is NOT me"

You're either Alizom or trippin'...there are tons of people that either FRE frequently or don't. I'm of the latter, so I will also judge you of the latter of the former choices.

It all comes down to the combination of every part of the computer (modem and internet provider included) that determines this.

By the by, bumped thread :p