PDA

View Full Version : So with all these PPU threads...

extract
22-09-03, 05:36
I was thinking.........

What if KK just totally got rid of passive psi use totally? I mean dont get me wrong, I LOVE MY PPU, but I also miss being APU so much more....I mean wouldnt that in a sense get rid of most of the problems people think are wrong...no more para...no more "unkillable" PPUS :lol:

And what if this was to happen how would it affect current PPUs? Obviously a skill reset would be in order, but what would we do about spells? would we be able to trade in our PPU spells that are slotted into the GMs for equal APU counterparts...like my 5 slot holy heal traded for a 5 slot energy beam(etc etc)

I know this is mostly a retarded idea simply because there would be no such thing as ressurection or heals....and we would only rely on medkits and genreps =P

but seriously if everyone keeps bitching thats pretty much whats gonna happen anyways.....ok, ok so youre right they probably never will just say ok no more PPUs forever....

BUT...if there wasnt that class there, there wouldnt be nothing to bitch about, and there wouldnt be anymore "un-balanced" OP wars...nor would monks be "needed" anymore because an APU up against a tank of same player skill would have a 50/50 outcome...roughly...anyways I dont in all reality want this to happen...but what if?

discuss..........

Shadow Dancer
22-09-03, 05:41
I think the game will improve, but certain things would have to be tweaked.

First of all I doubt KK will remove an entire class(thinks about hybrids), err nevermind. :p

Ok seriously, I think kk shuold totally revamp PPus but not remove them. Secondly if they are removed, then the power of some high end mobs would have to be toned down and everyone's health would need a big boost PvP wise(in proportion) so that everyone lasts longer, or damage is reduced for every weapon across the board to make pvp last longer.

Thirdly, like someone mentioned before I find it incredibly silly that passive psis are the only "medics" in the future.

I always thought their should be an int based healing skill. I even wrote a brainpot thread about that, that way spies could also be extremely useful in op wars.

But like some people in the past have said, ppus hold too many roles. I think ppu just needs a complete revamp.

extract
22-09-03, 05:50
yea its a pretty stupid idea, I mean no more combat boosters, health boosters...buffs(making MC5 infinitely impossible), heals, ressurection gone...but thats just being spoiled....maybe had we never had em in the first place there would be nothing to miss eh...

oh well it was just a random thought going thru my mind

yea I think maybe we would find our "need" for our spies and other non-primary combat classes....

I think once someone said something about using an implant tool to actually heal someone, that would be a good substitute....and maybe implement drugs without effects to replace combat boosters and health boosters but also make it so you cant stack more than you could with spells....that way everyone would have access to these things instead of who has a PPU glued to theyre ass at all times....

Mattimeo
22-09-03, 05:52
I think my PEs Psi would be pretty useless without PPU, unless PSR actually did something...

extract
22-09-03, 05:54
Originally posted by Mattimeo
I think my PEs Psi would be pretty useless without PPU, unless PSR actually did something...

yea it would be as would a spies and a tank...but maybe since there would be no need for non monk class to have psi those extra levels could be distributed to other subskills...like maybe giving a tank an extra 10 INT lvls could highly increase aiming on theyre weapons and RoF of course with weapon lore(or does weapon lore not affect RoF on cannons)

Mankind
22-09-03, 06:09
Well then they better lower MC5 monsters incredibly. They better lower mobs in chaos caves incredibly. Don't just think of this as a PvP aspect. Without monsters, where would we be. So, if we got rid of PPUs, they'd have to extremely lower monsters AI/attack/defense.