PDA

View Full Version : Tl3 heal / Tl 9 def sanct

evs
22-09-03, 03:45
Is it truly lame?

picture this:

enemy team have lost - but 1 ppu runs around the UG , refusing to run off and gr.

they run holy heal, def, shel , heal run etc
trying to scrape a rezz on a teammate.

your team doesnt have the firepower to kill him, but he has EVERY chance to run away.

even TEN minutes worth of chances - no they are pure stubborn.

so you can either do the following:

a) TL3 heal / TL 9 def sanctum him

b) run around and run out of ammo, let him rezz etc and still be back to square one.

now i'd personally go for a) especialy after ten minutes.
its a situation several of us have or will be faced with.

when do you start using tactics like this?

so answer the poll in my position.
10 mins of not enough firepower from day 1 to tak down a ppu.

would you heal/def sanct?

answers on a post card

(dons flame retardant suit)7

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 03:58
I would have done so right after the last of his team had dided, since he's stalling for time, take time away..

though I might have just logged my APU and anti shieded him.. though that's not open to all ppl...

I'd have done the same yes, might have just used a TL 3 deflector and let force much though him..

ZoneVortex
22-09-03, 04:22
Not lame

Screw S- er...just kidding....it wasn't that...clan....

Whatever it takes to kill the PPU do it.

Shadow Dancer
22-09-03, 04:25
Use it if you got no apu, it's not your fault KK has made them imbalanced.

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 04:25
Yea, somone goes PPU all the way, they should know when they can't win, even if they rezz the whole team over again..

KimmyG
22-09-03, 04:51
I would use the low TL spells the 1st chance I got its called useing the brain.

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 04:54
lol, I'd use my PE to cast heal...

BTW, my PE's heal is min req's, no spare PPW point's so all my psi energy come's from PSU...

which give's a stagering, +0.75 HP per second... well not that bad, but you get the idea, it's so weak a roach can outdamage it..

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 04:59
what u gotta do is get a heal and have a spy rank 0/2 straight from MC5 thats tl 3 make you the heal, that way it be sooooooo shitty it wont even heal the PPU

Huijari
22-09-03, 08:12
KK SHOULD MAKE THAT POWERFUL SPELL OVERRIDES LOWER SPELL -- TL3 HEALS TO PPU'S ARE EXPLOITS!

Psycho_Soldier
22-09-03, 08:34
Originally posted by Huijari
KK SHOULD MAKE THAT POWERFUL SPELL OVERRIDES LOWER SPELL -- TL3 HEALS TO PPU'S ARE EXPLOITS!

Unless KK officially says it is a exploit, stop fucking saying it is... (smack me if they have :lol: )

fatwreck
22-09-03, 08:35
well... you may not like it, but it works. ppus are invunlerable to a tank pe or spy unless they TL3 heal them. i will laugh at people on my ppu while they try to gat me down. im a ppu, and if i get other buffs casted on me, i either wait it out, or just fight anyways and be a little smarter about it.

Richard Slade
22-09-03, 09:16
Bah! I don't like stalling! NERF THE STALLING!
(And put autokill on everyone who's been in UG for too long)

Huijari
22-09-03, 09:22
Originally posted by Richard Slade

(And put autokill on everyone who's been in UG for too long)

You say that those who uses OP's for TRADESKILLS (Like my PPU for ressin) should be autokilled while doing 100 rares? Yeah cool idea :rolleyes:

NeoLojik
22-09-03, 09:22
My PPU now never goes anywhere without a TL3 Heal and a PSI Combat Booster 3.

In the situation above, I would TL3 Heal him, then PSI Combat 3. This would knock his natural power down aswell as making him unable to uber heal.

The rest of the team would soon ensure he's dead :D

FYI, this aint an exploit, its being tactful and using what you have access to, to your advantage. Its not hacking. Nowhere in the game does it say your not allowed to heal PPU's :p

Richard Slade
22-09-03, 09:23
Originally posted by Huijari
You say that those who uses OP's for TRADESKILLS (Like my PPU for ressin) should be autokilled while doing 100 rares? Yeah cool idea :rolleyes:

Want a simple solution? Move outta UG and u'll be fine, how hard could it be..

QuantumDelta
22-09-03, 09:25
If that crap really is true, they should make PSI Shield offencively castable again.

joran420
22-09-03, 09:28
You say that those who uses OP's for TRADESKILLS (Like my PPU for ressin) should be autokilled while doing 100 rares? Yeah cool idea

I think he means ppl who sit in UG after its been hacked so the turrets dont reset

icarium
22-09-03, 10:56
there has to be SOME way of killing a PPU, if you dont have enough firepower (i.e less than 5 capped characters :rolleyes: ) what do you do? just give up? let him rez all his teammates? thats just stupid, it becomes a battle of who has most patience and absolutely nothing to do with any skill whatsoever.

lame clan anyway

ericdraven
22-09-03, 10:58
If you can't kill a single PPU then better just don't go to an OP fight. You just make yourself laughably.

icarium
22-09-03, 11:03
Originally posted by ericdraven
If you can't kill a single PPU then better just don't go to an OP fight. You just make yourself laughably.

BS

i got a ppu down to about 1/4 health by myself as a rank 58 PE with lib, one holy heal later, they healed that fast it just appeared to me that there health was whole again. i dont mind PPUs being unkillable, but hanging around being unkillable waiting for the other team get bored and leave so you can res your own team is lame as fuck

ericdraven
22-09-03, 11:06
Woah.. i just discovered the rare spell "Holy Antibuff"!!! Is it new?!

What's that? Does anyone know the stats? Anyone build it already?!

Richard Slade
22-09-03, 11:14

Oh look! Not everyone has it?!
WOW
MAYBE CUZ IT TAKES QUITE MUCH TO GET IT?!
Nooooooo
draven here must be right
If there's something ingame, everyone get's it

So why not just bring in the 15 libb wielding PEs that pop up whenever needed and kill the monk,
since they exist everyone has them! Right draven?!

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THE DAMN POSTS FIRST!
*smokebreak*

evs
22-09-03, 11:17

a) pe's cant cast that
b) neither can tanks
c) neither can spies

so according to you they all shouldnt attend an op war as they cant individually, or even grouped take down a capped ppu.

erm lol? :p

Woah.. i just discovered the rare spell "Holy Antibuff"!!! Is it new?! What's that? Does anyone know the stats? Anyone build it already?!

Holy antibuff - great spell - uber slow casting - especially when a ppu with anti cath sanctum is running around a mine UG through all the little holes, around a corner every few seconds.

Somehow you're in your own little world with that last one draven :rolleyes:

ericdraven
22-09-03, 11:20
If you expect a PPU on the other side and DON'T take an APU with you - erm.. maybe YOU are in your own, little world.. in a world which will never see a dead PPU. ;)

icarium
22-09-03, 11:20

yes eric, thats a high level APU spell, again reinforcing this game turning to monkcron. Also might i suggest you refrain from sarcasm, it is the lowest form of wit after all ;)

this thread is not about ppu's being unkillable its about the PPU hanging around waiting for you to get bored and leave so he can res his teammates, then DM'ing you to call you lame exploiter for TL3 healing his lame ass to kill him.

icarium
22-09-03, 11:23
If you expect a PPU on the other side and DON'T take an APU with you - erm.. maybe YOU are in your own, little world.. in a world which will never see a dead PPU. ;)

so basically what you are saying is that you should only bother taking monks to an op fight? maybe the rest of us could start trade characters to build all your spells then?

\\Fényx//
22-09-03, 11:25
Originally posted by Richard Slade
draven here must be right

OI! Im Draven (well atleast my saturn spy is o_O) :p He's Eric Draven o_O

Icarium, The Edit button is your friend o_O Double posts are bad

ericdraven
22-09-03, 11:26
Originally posted by icarium
so basically what you are saying is that you should only bother taking monks to an op fight? maybe the rest of us could start trade characters to build all your spells then?
No, i am saying that it needs a certain tactic to be succesful in OP fights.. don't you agree?
And if you can't kill a PPU then you obviously do something wrong.

On the other hand - considering all those threads like "Monk-O-Cron" and the like.. there must be at least 100 monks in your clan.. just take one with you. ;)

\\Fényx//
22-09-03, 11:29
69/73 ** Usher of Death; Pure APU Monk; fully capped; "supposed Paladin" ;)

o_O! with fully being in bold, you even capped INT ?!? If so then you gotta get out more :p

ericdraven
22-09-03, 11:31
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
o_O! with fully being in bold, you even capped INT ?!? If so then you gotta get out more :p
Yes, capped it last weekend. :)

evs
22-09-03, 11:32
if we dont have an apu online - and we get attacked - may as well just ignore it eh?

:rolleyes:

ericdraven
22-09-03, 11:37
Originally posted by evs
if we dont have an apu online - and we get attacked - may as well just ignore it eh?

:rolleyes:
That's actually what makes me wonder. Shall i list for you all those threads about monkocron? All those screenshots FULL OF MONKS. What's that? Am i in the wrong movie? Where to are all those monks suddenly gone then?

icarium
22-09-03, 11:45
That's actually what makes me wonder. Shall i list for you all those threads about monkocron? All those screenshots FULL OF MONKS. What's that? Am i in the wrong movie? Where to are all those monks suddenly gone then?

speaking for our clan, not online and living their lives priobably. anyway you didnt answer evs question, should we not bother op warring if we dont have an apu and ppu?

@fenyx, second post was in response to erics post, would have looked odd if it was in a post before the actual post i was quoting, so i thought anyway :p

ericdraven
22-09-03, 11:52
speaking for our clan, not online and living their lives priobably. anyway you didnt answer evs question, should we not bother op warring if we dont have an apu and ppu?

Of course you should bother! After all - OP wars are fun (or should be), and that's why we play this game - to have fun.
BUT - if you go there without PPU/APU then i would not expect to win IF the other side got some monks.
Also i would not complain about this last PPU which does not want to leave.. i wouldn't leave either.. if you can't kill me why should i leave? :p

evs
22-09-03, 11:53

1) apu cant cast antibuff as its too slow - the ppu is really quick, running around corners - through holes etc in a mine's ug
2) you cant stun or slow him down - anti cath sanctum

so what *do* you do?

which is back to the original referral of my topic.

pretty much you cant kill said ppu without tonnes of apu's (which we try not to play this game as monkcron - so lots of us are pe's, tanks, spies etc) which we dont have.

so tl3/heal tl9 def a viable tactic?

ericdraven
22-09-03, 11:57
Originally posted by evs
so tl3/heal tl9 def a viable tactic?
Most call it lame, i'd say it's viable 'cause it's the only way to kill a PPU without an APU.

icarium
22-09-03, 12:29
Most call it lame, i'd say it's viable 'cause it's the only way to kill a PPU without an APU.

/me hugs eric

Lexxuk
22-09-03, 13:14
TBH, this has happened to me. Up at MB, a tank with CS, couldnt kill me, so kept running around trying to TL 3 me. I timed my heal's so they would actually be continual. Cast on 13 or 14 seconds, on 15th second, Holy runs out, Holy kicks in.

Its a lame tactic, the tank still couldnt kill me anyhow, he would have needed to remove my shelter & my heal and use something other than a cursed soul. But its really lame that losers have to resort to something borderline exploit, to win, its even lamer, when they dont win.

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 13:24
Lexxuk, but don't you see, it's not an exploint..

Since you could have run away at any time you could have just ran off when he started trying, or para'ed him to death..

It's cheep, it's not nice or "fair", but if you stand around and let them keep trying it, one time it'll work, and it'll be your fault because you didn't leave when you had the chance..

PPU, Passive Psi Use..

Not, IPU, Invincible Psi Use.. Your PPU, you should have gone away, hell you could have walked away..

deac
22-09-03, 14:14
I used to not like this but really it gives none monk chars something to do that could have a good impact on a fight...

and hey its not a insta kill button.. you still need to time it and then kill the monk...

Im ok for it now

.Cyl0n
22-09-03, 14:36
one of the cheapest and lamest thing ingame...
i wonder why it is only your clan doing this evs ?
whereas nearly every other clan ( i dont know any other that does it ) can kill their enemys ppus in a op war without that crap :eek:

so i agree with that :

But its really lame that losers have to resort to something borderline exploit, to win, its even lamer, when they dont win.

get some skill

.cy

and btw i think i know why you made this thread... in the fight we had ...our ppu couldnt exit the ug cause there were 2 stuns b4 the entry... and it wasnt 10 mins...and you had 2 apus at least...:rolleyes:

Ozambabbaz
22-09-03, 14:38
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
Not lame

Screw S- er...just kidding....it wasn't that...clan....

Whatever it takes to kill the PPU do it.

:D

:D :D :D

ph34r teh manluv :p

but, as i read the official rezz-killing equasion/statement, fag-buffs/fag-heals r viable and allowed in NC as it is now. so keep OOC channel muted :lol:

evs
22-09-03, 14:54
and btw i think i know why you made this thread... in the fight we had ...our ppu couldnt exit the ug cause there were 2 stuns b4 the entry... and it wasnt 10 mins...and you had 2 apus at least...

Only one, and not capped - sindy. dont think she's even rank 50 yet?

and coulda left at any point - cath sanctum - dont play that dumb please - had it cast most of the time.

and yes it was 10 minutes - esche is a damn good ppu when he/she gets going, just because you dropped in under a minute doesnt mean he's as bad :P
so perhaps you can stand around him more and his skill may rub off on you some eh?

as for lame - *sigh*

no member of SS has ever ninja'd, trade during battle, team during battle, rezz killed....... no no never

anyway this is about the viablilty of tl3/tl9 - not a pimp/ss slanging match.

ive replied to you - now please keep it in game.

deac
22-09-03, 15:01
onoz! sindy is /52 !!

but look .cy most clans use tl3 heals... alteast my ppu gets one of those at times

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 15:06
It's not exploiting and KK have said this...

thus it is a valid tactic, just like pretending to tradskill and stealing people's rare's, just like rezz killing is fair..

if your dumb enough to let it happen to yourself, you desevre to suffer..

Viduus[JBX]
22-09-03, 15:23
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
.... just like pretending to tradskill and stealing people's rare's, just like rezz killing is fair...

Of course they say it's fair. They want to you make enemies in game to make you more involved in NC and not notice so much how the game has not only imbalances but crashes more now than it did in beta.

Lame is as lame does; dishonor is never a "valid" tactic. Not against the NC rules, but no more honorable for all that.

As for TL3 &/or 9 kills, used to offset an existing fault with the development of the game, I'd say it balances out -- 2 wrongs making a right? Well, almost.
It doesn't in my book, but then again, "The rules of war dictate that you must use any and all tools and tactics to win. Victory is everything, the method or the cost are irrelevant."

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 15:44
I have a 5 slot tl3 heal... The ppus should be thanking me when i cast it on em!

.Cyl0n
22-09-03, 15:47
Originally posted by evs
Only one, and not capped - sindy. dont think she's even rank 50 yet?

and coulda left at any point - cath sanctum - dont play that dumb please - had it cast most of the time.

and yes it was 10 minutes - esche is a damn good ppu when he/she gets going, just because you dropped in under a minute doesnt mean he's as bad :P
so perhaps you can stand around him more and his skill may rub off on you some eh?

as for lame - *sigh*

no member of SS has ever ninja'd, trade during battle, team during battle, rezz killed....... no no never

anyway this is about the viablilty of tl3/tl9 - not a pimp/ss slanging match.

ive replied to you - now please keep it in game.

evs... i saw 2 apus.. with rares...the exit was shut with stuns so no he couldnt exit the ug...
anyway my point is that you started the thread with totally wrong infos...you had apus and there was no way to get out... and you tl 3 heal all the time not after 10 mins :rolleyes:

and no deac i never got this from another clan..wierd that ingame you admitted its pretty lame and now on the forum you say its ok..

anyway i said its cheap and lame.. its like changing a tank's cs to a unlabled plasma...
if you also tl 3 heal apus in a team...it ruins the role of the ppu as a supporter .. you cant do shit then as a ppu

if you cant kill a ppu after 10 mins with apus ppus and tanks you simply shouldnt go to op wars. :rolleyes:

now simply pm me if you got something to say..

.cy

ZigZag
22-09-03, 15:51
ok this has always been my understanding of the definition of an exploit - gaining an advantage for yourself by using the game mechnics in a way not intended by the developers.

There is no way anyone can make me believe that KK created the TL 3 heal to kill ppu's. In beta if u sheltered someone an healed em they dropped down dead - i saw no one using that to kill ppl.

You cannot justify using it by saying - "the game is unbalanced so do it" - ppl have opinions and its purely ur opinion its unbalanced so is not a justification. Also saying we had no high level apus is not reason - its like saying i suck so have to cheat. It might be true but doesnt justify u winning then.

An interesting thing u said - which makes me wonder about ur tactics - you CAN parashock spam a ppu running a cath sanctum - it works but it has to be spammed because cath takes a half second to update - that is why i wonder about removing para - its going to much harder to kill em if they cant be paraspammed. Its how we kill all ppus - u have to spam em with para and antibuff and kill and if ur timing is good they drop real quick.

Also u cannot say the TL3 heal is perfectly acceptable in this particular situation - in an online game u cant depend on all ppl using it only in acceptable situations lol.

TL 3 heal is not meant to kill ppus - It needs to be fixed - but I would like the close fighting classes to get a weapon that can be used to debuff/hurt a ppu. I dont agree that only apus should be able to kill em. Id love to see like an elf gun - that drains mana - but thats prolly too strong an i cant think of other stuff. Someone needs to think of a weapon for other classes to use so we can get away from this dependency on monks.

mehirc
22-09-03, 16:05
There dont have to be more possibilities to kill PPUs! PPUs are not there to be killed that easily, so there is no reason to complain if you cant take them down without an APU! There is also nothing wrong if a PPU can escape through a GR!

Fact is, the TL3 heal is not meant to replace any Antispells, so it is an unfair advantage to use the bug that makes that possible in a way. But if you can arrange such tactics(lol) with yourself, just stoop to doing that, nobody will hinder you yet.

icarium
22-09-03, 16:08
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
evs... i saw 2 apus.. with rares...the exit was shut with stuns so no he couldnt exit the ug...
anyway my point is that you started the thread with totally wrong infos...you had apus and there was no way to get out... and you tl 3 heal all the time not after 10 mins :rolleyes:

and no deac i never got this from another clan..wierd that ingame you admitted its pretty lame and now on the forum you say its ok..

anyway i said its cheap and lame.. its like changing a tank's cs to a unlabled plasma...
if you also tl 3 heal apus in a team...it ruins the role of the ppu as a supporter .. you cant do shit then as a ppu

if you cant kill a ppu after 10 mins with apus ppus and tanks you simply shouldnt go to op wars. :rolleyes:

now simply pm me if you got something to say..

.cy

you chose to ignore the fact that the ppu in question had cath sanc so wouldnt be affected by stun? so therefore could have left at any time they chose ,instead of trying to rez their team?

icarium
22-09-03, 16:10
Originally posted by mehirc
There dont have to be more possibilities to kill PPUs! PPUs are not there to be killed that easily, so there is no reason to complain if you cant take them down without an APU! There is also nothing wrong if a PPU can escape through a GR!

Fact is, the TL3 heal is not meant to replace any Antispells, so it is an unfair advantage to use the bug that makes that possible in a way. But if you can arrange such tactics(lol) with yourself, just stoop to doing that, nobody will hinder you yet.

the point is in this case, yes the ppu could have run to a gr but DIDNT and remained to try to rez their team

ZoneVortex
22-09-03, 16:13
Hmmm TL 3ing APUs....never thought of that. Thanks cylon!

:lol:

Grrr too bad I'm APU now and have no basic heal to cast.

Maybe I'll go hybrid with the kamikaze chips so I can TL 3 and still cap my APU spells...MUAHHAHA.

Holy anti buff + a quick TL 3 heal = you die!

Hey too bad someone even mentioned clan names in this thread or whatever cause I could go around naming honorless things that SS has done to me in the last week, I could name....10 of em. But I won't. :rolleyes:

Also you say it's like "Turning a tank's CS into an unlabeled plasma"

Well, don't PPUs turn a CS into an unlabeled plasma with their shields as it is? Woooo....yeah

.Cyl0n
22-09-03, 16:25
Hmmm TL 3ing APUs....never thought of that. Thanks cylon!

just ask your clanmates..

Holy anti buff + a quick TL 3 heal = you die!

im apu now since some days .. tired of playing ppu..

Hey too bad someone even mentioned clan names in this thread or whatever cause I could go around naming honorless things that SS has done to me in the last week, I could name....10 of em. But I won't. :rolleyes:

pm me .. i want to know em

Also you say it's like "Turning a tank's CS into an unlabeled plasma"

Well, don't PPUs turn a CS into an unlabeled plasma with their shields as it is? Woooo....yeah

i cant kill you with my shelter and the tank is still able to attack others with his cs.. completely different .

you chose to ignore the fact that the ppu in question had cath sanc so wouldnt be affected by stun? so therefore could have left at any time they chose ,instead of trying to rez their team?

show me how to run trough 4 players 2 gats and 2 stuns around the ug exit ...sorry i dont believe this

Originally posted by ZigZag
ok this has always been my understanding of the definition of an exploit - gaining an advantage for yourself by using the game mechnics in a way not intended by the developers.

There is no way anyone can make me believe that KK created the TL 3 heal to kill ppu's. In beta if u sheltered someone an healed em they dropped down dead - i saw no one using that to kill ppl.

You cannot justify using it by saying - "the game is unbalanced so do it" - ppl have opinions and its purely ur opinion its unbalanced so is not a justification. Also saying we had no high level apus is not reason - its like saying i suck so have to cheat. It might be true but doesnt justify u winning then.

i love you for that post :)
thats EXACTLY what i mean !
great post

.cy

evs
22-09-03, 16:27

promise we didnt have 2 - ive no reason to lie.

if we'd had another apu bar sindy (who needs to drug and psi combat 3 to use a rare) it would have been much quicker.
other monks were lord mansion and zane - both ppu.
2 tanks were dank and schliefer, and there was me - the only PE.

also am i wrong in thinking that cath sanctum doesnt affect stun traps? and as far as im aware our turrets were setup wrong anyway and werent working :( doh.

anyway my point is that you started the thread with totally wrong infos...you had apus and there was no way to get out... and you tl 3 heal all the time not after 10 mins

no i started the thread to see if what i did was totally out of order. i used the battle as an example.
i did what i felt i had to - and ive not skewed the truth at all - i basically have no reason to.

originally i started using TL3 heal after 4-5 mins of running after the ppu, which - after many dodgy lags etc just wasnt working.
he pretty much knew i was going to go further.
when it came up to 10 minutes (i know it was as i was clock watching as i needed to go to the pub for the manu game) - i ran out of liberator ammo - and so gave up and said in clan - right im going to deflector sanctum him.

he had every chance to leave and gr away, we were actually hoping he would as we were getting fed up :)

ppu's really shouldnt be used offensively then.

if you cant kill a ppu after 10 mins with apus ppus and tanks you simply shouldnt go to op wars.

1 not even close to cap apu. 2 ppu's granted, 2 tanks and a pe.
most of them not even close to the running speed of the ppu, only me n sindy had a chance of stopping you - in the end i managed to via tl3/tl9
tooo many holes, too much lag warping, too many turns in a mine UG - its very hard to get successive hits running full speed and firing with a liberator.

And if we shouldnt go to op wars.....well....... thanks for the compliment :P

back to the point / poll : seems that most people are for this kind of tactic, in my eyes it evens the battle up a bit - and allows the ppu to be taken down if they start doing something daft - like running around a UG for 10 mins :)

thanks

mehirc
22-09-03, 16:37
The only reason why most people are for this kind of tactic is because most of people cant fight(in team). Sorry but thats true.

evs
22-09-03, 16:46
The only reason why most people are for this kind of tactic is because most of people cant fight(in team). Sorry but thats true.

Bit of a large sweeping statement that one.
Care to elaborate?

icarium
22-09-03, 16:50

also when the clan you are fighting outnumbers you 2-1 and STILL calls in reinforcements from another large clan so you are outnumbered about 3-1 to beat you, surely thats much lamer than tl3 healing one of about 6 ppus lol

.Cyl0n
22-09-03, 16:52
evs read z!g's post and think... understand...

mehirc's 100 % right with his statement..

evs its not like this thing happend once now in this oh so special situation... as i was ppu i got it in EVERY op fight i had with you guys... i sometimes had ppl just there to tl 3 heal me.. they did nothing else...anyway try to read and understand z!gs post.. thanks

.cy

.Cyl0n
22-09-03, 16:53
also when the clan you are fighting outnumbers you 2-1 and STILL calls in reinforcements from another large clan so you are outnumbered about 3-1 to beat you, surely thats much lamer than tl3 healing one of about 6 ppus lol

:confused: o_O
6 ppus ? o_O
lol

.cy

/e missunderstood it

\\Fényx//
22-09-03, 16:59
pm me when we did this ... ok ?
we never called any allies against pimp and we never had 6 ppus..
get your facts right ffs

.cy

^^ NDA have 6 PPU's to our name now if their all one \o/ because PPU's are the sole thing that is 100% needed for a OP war other than 3 hackers...

One time the new NDA has fought PIMP we had some TGM with us, thats it tho, however other than NDA ourselves, what Allies does SystemShock actually have to call on when fighting PIMP or any other clan ?!?

BlackPrince
22-09-03, 17:01
pm me when we did this ... ok ?
we never called any allies against pimp and we never had 6 ppus..
get your facts right ffs

.cy

Didn't you make some really vulgar whine about this earlier and 'Quit' Neocron to go play Shoots N' Ladders online?

It's a tactic. Dirty, sneaky, but effective. Nobody forced your PPU to stay there. The gats were no threat, and then if Cath really didn't work against Stuns, he could pull a page from P.. and self-cast a low level stun on himself to make it out.

Sorry man, you're debating skills are right up there with your ability to lie: so piss poor you shouldn't even bother.

evs
22-09-03, 17:04
zigzag's post is his opinion.
i read it and i understand it.

doesn't neccessarily mean i agree with it.

lets leave it at that eh?

mehirc
22-09-03, 17:09
Originally posted by evs
Bit of a large sweeping statement that one.
Care to elaborate?

How often did we prove that it is possible to fight successfully without such crap already?

.Cyl0n
22-09-03, 17:10
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Didn't you make some really vulgar whine about this earlier and 'Quit' Neocron to go play Shoots N' Ladders online?

It's a tactic. Dirty, sneaky, but effective. Nobody forced your PPU to stay there. The gats were no threat, and then if Cath really didn't work against Stuns, he could pull a page from P.. and self-cast a low level stun on himself to make it out.

Sorry man, you're debating skills are right up there with your ability to lie: so piss poor you shouldn't even bother.

do i know you ?
what about you shut up if you dont know whats up on pluto ?
if you are a member of pimp pm me if not you dont have a clue what you are talking about..
and i wasnt the ppu... read my posts...i said im apu...but hey just flame me dont read my posts..
self cast a low lvl stun on himself ? o_O
where did i lie ?
shoots n'ladder online ?
please ?

pm me and explain..

.cy

evs
22-09-03, 17:20
How often did we prove that it is possible to fight successfully without such crap already?

outmonked :p

and blackprince - sorry mate, but you dont need to attack cylon like that o_O

he has his view on whats right and i have mine :angel:

a discussion/argument is fine - but no need for the flames o_O

Shadow Dancer
22-09-03, 17:25
Hi i'm from PIMP, :D

Some thoughts.

I never ever remember SS calling for allies. That's the truth. They don't NEED allies. SS is the best clan in the server because of their greatteamwork. Pimp could be the best, but our teamwork..........:rolleyes:

Secondly if SS ever fought with NDA it was only if NDA called THEM and it was usually a big battle.

Thirdly, perhaps nothing would be wrong with ppus being unkillable, but if you don't see something wrong with a team of people(withotu an apu) trying to stop some jackass from ressing his teammates for 15 minutes then something is wrong with you. PPUs shouldnt' be able to res underfire IMO.

.Cyl0n
22-09-03, 18:06
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Thirdly, perhaps nothing would be wrong with ppus being unkillable, but if you don't see something wrong with a team of people(withotu an apu) trying to stop some jackass from ressing his teammates for 15 minutes then something is wrong with you. PPUs shouldnt' be able to res underfire IMO.

thats true... ppus are overpowerd imo.. thats why i lomed to hybrid and then to apu too =/
they need to balance pure monks and make it possible to override buffs ...

but i think its still no excuse for that =/
anyway i think this has no end hehe

.cy

Lexxuk
22-09-03, 20:34
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But its really lame that losers have to resort to something borderline exploit, to win, its even lamer, when they dont win.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

get some skill

Eh?? I won, the tank gave up, and ran away, then came back, tried again, and then ran away again O_o it were the tank with no skill, because he "had" to resort to cheap lame tactics, but still lost.

Running away for "me" wasnt an option, there was a dead PE on the floor for me to ressurect, and parashocking tank to death wouldnt happen, cause I wasnt using holy para then :p

der Ed
22-09-03, 21:43
Try to get tons of dot-stuff on him.

With poison, fire, uranium and whatever you imagine, he'll probably mess up his shields and you can get him easier.

Works with many PPUs. Not with the kick-ass ones, of course ;(

Futureman
23-09-03, 00:13
I got a ppu that is pretty high level, and I have mixed feelings about the subject. It feels really shitty when it happens to you because sometimes it is lame. This I say as a PPU. But I do see how it is bullshit how a PPU can just run around and try to rez the team forever. Its almost on a level with LE laming. So what's the solution? I don't know. But PPU laming shouldn't be allowed. I think there should be some gradual way for an outnumbered PPU to be unable to stand around and lame someone. I say take out the ability to bitch heal, but then add in something like Shield degredation. If you are standing there for 5 minutes with Shelt/def/ holy heal running, taking massive firepower, i think that Shelters and Deflectors shoud lose some of their power. A PPU should always get the oportunity to run away, but then again, if he is vastly outnumbered, he should have to eventually do it. Right now its like a switch. Either the PPU is invunerable or is a weak target with bitch buffs. I don't know the answer but there are two problems as i see it, and i don't believe that two wrongs make a right.

Void Dildano
23-09-03, 02:01
Of course should higher lvl spells override lower. the better the user the better the spell the more "power" of reality.. etc.

Problem isn't that. problem is that KK continued to implent all new effects into monk class (bar Stealth). If they given spies or even tanks the effect of some of the newer effects and the game would be better balanced and interesting.

No reason why not a Spy or ar properly set up PE shouldn't be able to have a pokeing looking tool that inhibit or reduce PPW or even disable heal for a short period. Remember that the Crahn Monks atcually lost the war once. Storylinewise it would be most natural that hightech effects could be implemented for the other classes. (not that easy available as for monks but still)

Why not have a VERY slow fire cannon that could possibly kill any runner. (like shots per min in the range of 5-6)

Or a BOMB. Deploy like a turret, require hacking to enable or disable. And blows up for 6000 prc/for damage that reduces over distance?

Just small sugestions to improve the game in otherways than adding new spells to battle old spells... and then again... and again.

Shadow Dancer
23-09-03, 02:21
Yea too many f*ing roles and spells for the PPU.

And why are monks the only one with healing capabilities? Isn't this the future? ffs.

There should be an int based healing skillz. And spies should be the technological counterpart of monks IMO!

As a matter of fact, wouldn't it be cool if there was like a PPU spy with all sorts of defensive gadgets and shit.

:eek:

KRIMINAL99
23-09-03, 02:23
In the context of competitive video games, the definition of lame has become anything that allows you to defeat the person calling you it.

It works... Its not taking advantage of a bug which would be against the rules if done. Therefore who gives a flying monkey poop if some whiner wants to call it "lame" or not.

P.S. There is no borderline exploiting. Something is either against the rules or not. The rules only say you can't exploit a bug in the game (a glitch, a program error etc.), it says nothing about taking advantage of the game mechanics intentional or not. And it does so intelligently, as we would have no way of knowing if something was intended by the programmers or not if we were not supposed to take advantage of mechanics oversights. If something was overlooked by the designers then at that point it is their responsibility to either amend the game or the rules to reflect their original intentions.

And if something is not against the rules then you place yourself at disadvantage to other players by not doing it if it is advantageous.

.Cyl0n
23-09-03, 02:28
Originally posted by Lexxuk
Eh?? I won, the tank gave up, and ran away, then came back, tried again, and then ran away again O_o it were the tank with no skill, because he "had" to resort to cheap lame tactics, but still lost.

Running away for "me" wasnt an option, there was a dead PE on the floor for me to ressurect, and parashocking tank to death wouldnt happen, cause I wasnt using holy para then :p

omg lol sorry lexx !
my english again :(
i didnt mean you .. i meant the ppl you meant in youor quote :(

sorry hehe

.cy

mehirc
23-09-03, 12:57
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
In the context of competitive video games, the definition of lame has become anything that allows you to defeat the person calling you it.

It works... Its not taking advantage of a bug which would be against the rules if done. Therefore who gives a flying monkey poop if some whiner wants to call it "lame" or not.

P.S. There is no borderline exploiting. Something is either against the rules or not. The rules only say you can't exploit a bug in the game (a glitch, a program error etc.), it says nothing about taking advantage of the game mechanics intentional or not. And it does so intelligently, as we would have no way of knowing if something was intended by the programmers or not if we were not supposed to take advantage of mechanics oversights. If something was overlooked by the designers then at that point it is their responsibility to either amend the game or the rules to reflect their original intentions.

And if something is not against the rules then you place yourself at disadvantage to other players by not doing it if it is advantageous.

Sure, everything that isnt forbidden is allowed...

Only people without brains(or acting the fool) need rules for everything. :rolleyes:

Scikar
23-09-03, 14:02
And you should know, having played a hybrid.

EDIT: And just a small point - my ppu has been tl3 healed/tl25 sheltered by another ppu more than any other class.

mehirc
23-09-03, 15:04
@Scikar
You cannot compare balacing issues with obvious bugs. Btw i always played hybrid cause of conviction, and i still do.

Scikar
23-09-03, 15:34
@Scikar
You cannot compare balacing issues with obvious bugs. Btw i always played hybrid cause of conviction, and i still do.

My point:

You knew KK did not want hybrids to be as uber as they were. Playing an uber hybrid was an exploitation of the system. It wasn't exploiting a bug, so it was legit. Tl3 heal is EXACTLY the same - the system was designed for one thing, people are using it a different way. Saying tl3 healing is exploiting is saying that every uber hybrid before the nerfs was also exploiting.

mehirc
23-09-03, 16:56
Originally posted by Scikar
My point:

You knew KK did not want hybrids to be as uber as they were. Playing an uber hybrid was an exploitation of the system. It wasn't exploiting a bug, so it was legit. Tl3 heal is EXACTLY the same - the system was designed for one thing, people are using it a different way. Saying tl3 healing is exploiting is saying that every uber hybrid before the nerfs was also exploiting.

Beeing hybrid or not has nothing to do with ingame mechanics, its just a adaption question of some numbers. You cannot influence that in any way as a player. Therefore you cannot speak of an exploit or gaining an unfair advantage. Holy Shelter is there to protect yourself, Holy Lightning is for attacking, if you can combine those two with your skills there is nothing wrong with it.

But The TL3 heal is _not_ there to block someone from healing, that for there are the Antihealspells, and everybody knows that! Even if KK doesnt say that this is an exploit and didnt fix it yet, it doesnt mean that it is a valid tactic. It is simply unfair! But if you like winning at all costs, go ahead and deserve no respect.

(Do you play on Saturn?)

Shadow Dancer
23-09-03, 17:16
My point:

EXACTLY!

icarium
23-09-03, 17:46
from now on any ppu still standing after all the rest of his team are dead and trying to STILL res them after about 2 minutes will be warned they will be tl3'd / tl9'd, if they choose to ignore that and CONTINUE to be lame, they will be tl3'd and killed. this gives the ppu PLENTY of opportunity to leave.

tbh i dont care if the PPU runs off regroups with some damage dealers, comes back kills us all THEN resses his fallen team. but running about being unkillable (if you dont have high apu on your team) trying to rez his team is just annoying

Scikar
23-09-03, 17:46
Beeing hybrid or not has nothing to do with ingame mechanics, its just a adaption question of some numbers. You cannot influence that in any way as a player. Therefore you cannot speak of an exploit or gaining an unfair advantage. Holy Shelter is there to protect yourself, Holy Lightning is for attacking, if you can combine those two with your skills there is nothing wrong with it.

But The TL3 heal is _not_ there to block someone from healing, that for there are the Antihealspells, and everybody knows that! Even if KK doesnt say that this is an exploit and didnt fix it yet, it doesnt mean that it is a valid tactic. It is simply unfair! But if you like winning at all costs, go ahead and deserve no respect.

(Do you play on Saturn?)

It's about what they were intended for. What did KK say? "We DO NOT want you to be able to use the highest apu and highest ppu spells." Did that stop you combining Holy Shelter and Holy Lightning? No!

Now apply the same to heal spells. Has KK even said no you can't heal someone with the intention of stopping them from holy healing? Nope. The nearest they've said is that rez is legit, kill is legit, therefore rez+ kill = legit. Apply that to TL3 heal and you get the same.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that you are telling me I deserve no respect for using TL3 heal, when you spent patch after patch playing an overpowered hybrid. You want to say hybrid was legit? Fine, so is TL3 heal. You want to say TL3 is exploiting? Then so was being a hybrid. You want to say TL3 heal isn't exploiting but it's a cheap dirty tactic, well so was being a hybrid. And there's no way you can get around that.

Nish
23-09-03, 18:14
where's the option for holy antibuff + noob shields/heal?

mehirc
23-09-03, 18:54
It's about what they were intended for. What did KK say? "We DO NOT want you to be able to use the highest apu and highest ppu spells." Did that stop you combining Holy Shelter and Holy Lightning? No!

Now apply the same to heal spells. Has KK even said no you can't heal someone with the intention of stopping them from holy healing? Nope. The nearest they've said is that rez is legit, kill is legit, therefore rez+ kill = legit. Apply that to TL3 heal and you get the same.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that you are telling me I deserve no respect for using TL3 heal, when you spent patch after patch playing an overpowered hybrid. You want to say hybrid was legit? Fine, so is TL3 heal. You want to say TL3 is exploiting? Then so was being a hybrid. You want to say TL3 heal isn't exploiting but it's a cheap dirty tactic, well so was being a hybrid. And there's no way you can get around that.

First of all, i never played overpowered Hybrid or did you ever see me soloing tons of players? I never did that, i was just a Hybrid cause it was the only reasonable way to skill a monk and it still is in my opinion!
Also at that time it was totaly ineffective to make any pure monk, there were no other senseful possibilities than hybrid at all, so it was definitly neither a cheap dirty tactic to go hybrid nor an exploit.

They only said that they dont want hybrids to use the highest APU and highest PPU spell, because that was their first idea to fix the problem, but they had to recognize that this would cause thousand other problems and changed their mind. And now you see it is still possible to use highest APU and highest PPU Spell.

There was also a short time during the Monknerfphase when all Monk shelters were weak as hell (maybe you remember that). Do you really want to tell me it was an exploit to play a Tank during that time?

I dont say that TL3 heal is an exploit, thats task of KK to decide that. But it is definitly not intended that a TL3 heal can be used as a healblocker by any Noob, and i see no way you can get around that!