PDA

View Full Version : Sounds that Arnt ingame... but

spydre1070
22-09-03, 03:30
But they should be. there are many many many extra sounds that arnt in the game but they really should be!! Ambient sounds.. music for stores and the like. monster sounds. voices!

there are Rpos voices that arnt in the game.

"Construction Process Started" - "Construction Process Complete"
"Genrep Activated" "Body Health Low" "Welcome to Biotech Industrys" "Pepper Park Station, Next stop, Viorosso Station"

opening doors. closing doors.. 2 different [picking up objects] sounds. different rpos sounds. a generep sound, its supposed to make a sound when you generep. multiple appartment sounds.

its amazing with all the different sounds that arnt being used. this game would be so much more interesting if they were in game. it doesnt cause lag because everything is client side in the first place.

same thing goes with textures but thats another post.

i dunno. mabey im going insane

Mankind
22-09-03, 03:31
I thought you kept sounds off when you played Neocron?

It would be cool if a sound was made when you have low HP, I want that sound :)

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 03:32
hmmm, have these always been in NC, or where they patched in at a later point to be unleashed at a later date, much like the kami chips, they wanted to shock ppl...

Mankind
22-09-03, 03:35
don't start with that crap...

spydre1070
22-09-03, 03:38
no they have been in game for a while. if i remember correctly some of them were in the beta4 offline demo that you could download. (the one where you wake up from .. cryosleep)

anyways.. theres alot more then that, that was just the atom of the ice berg. so dont start with that crap.

Tazo
22-09-03, 03:39
"body health low" sounds great. they should make it say "healthbug" instead though :D

gosh, this would give leveling in the chaos caves an entirely new dimension. instead of listening to techno, you could listen a monotonous rythm of "healtbug healthbug healthbug heal-heal-healthbug healthbug healthbug healthbug" :lol:

seriously though, i think most of those sounds would just get on your nerves soon...

mdares
22-09-03, 03:41
techno + NC = good

"health bug" + NC = really constant annoyance...

tho i would like a REAL warning for low HP... none of that yoyo crap...

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 03:41
Originally posted by spydre1070
no they have been in game for a while. if i remember correctly some of them were in the beta4 offline demo that you could download. (the one where you wake up from .. cryosleep)

anyways.. theres alot more then that, that was just the atom of the ice berg. so dont start with that crap.

Just making sure, rember the kami's... How they where trashed by the comunity and where in danaged of not being used..

ok now you've rembered the kami's sound would be good, might be stuff they used in offline demo have to go find that on FP and see..

I'd love to hear a sound when I pick somthing up, or put it down.

Hell a genrepping sound would be nice too, as long as it sound's like somone upchucking at the end..

Mankind
22-09-03, 03:45
hey spydre check your PM.

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 03:50
yea, maybe when your down to 15 HP you get the warning, sorta like a car reverse alarm, that goes off when you hit somthing..

So the last thing you'd hear most time's would be, "warning, body health low", and then you'd hear the gen rep sound...

It'd be nice to get some of this stuff in game..

mystery8
22-09-03, 05:36
I noticed this when I was looking thru the .PAK files as well. I don't get it. The files are on our hard drives and taking up space already, so why don't they enable them? Seems like a waste to have them not working.

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 05:54
I wrote a fix for the health bug, makes it so u see ur real life.
Ill be releasing it at a later date baring kk's permision.

EDIT: yeah spyder these sounds could really liven up cron :)

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 06:04
Hm. Can a dev or someone knowledgeable tell us why these sounds aren't enabled ingame?

Though that bodyhealth low sound file needs to be specifically turn-offable, because, yes in certain situations, you KNOW you're going to be bouncing around in HLT or going into a lethal situation. That sound would only be really useful in a hunting situation or something where suddenly dropping health was something you need to know fast.

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 06:34
i dunno. mabey im going insane

yup:wtf:

Rezod
25-09-03, 15:29
Make the sounds configurable either through only ini or both ini and a gui config ingame, not everyone is a geek that want "research complete" every time on TL10 items :P (tho i want the sounds :D).

Some sounds can really be usefull like the "Warning: poison damage detected" while droning in grave and other situations.

As long as the sounds are configurable i dont see any point in not enable them then those who want them can have them and otherwise.

Kasumi
25-09-03, 15:37
Sense i dont play with any sound i am nto sure about this.. but there are vehicle sounds unused.. sense the last time i heard the vehicle sounds they all had the same sounds aside from Hovertec.. i coukld be wrong though :(

pix
25-09-03, 15:43
I'd especially like to see the sound with the copbot saying "I am the law" be put ingame :p

dredd > all