PDA

View Full Version : Neocron.ems.ru

d3ik
22-09-03, 03:25
Question... I know that this website is mentioned quite a bit on the forums, but I did a search and can't find out who is responsible for creating it... anyone have a name/email address?

Mankind
22-09-03, 03:30
I heard someone named Rustot is the owner. Who he is, I don't know :p

Gotterdammerung
22-09-03, 03:47
Rustot is a long time forum member and player. Though I havn't seen him visiting the forum in a while now.

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 04:00
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
Rustot is a long time forum member and player. Though I havn't seen him visiting the forum in a while now.

he comes to the forums from time to time to get info's, but don't post at all much anymore AFAIK...

He still plays, though don't use his forum name as his char name on most.. like me..

Gotter, while your about, kill the ninja thread, since it's a pic's thread, with pics..

F8i
22-09-03, 12:07
I dont use that anymore or croncom.com...i use: http://www.neonoob.com.

ericdraven
22-09-03, 12:10
Originally posted by F8i
Looks like a collection of (mainly) neocron.ems.ru and a few other sites.. however.. good to have everything on one site.

F8i
22-09-03, 12:20
yeah it is pretty much both of them sites together...but its hoping to be more easy to navigate and manage with extra features that can help all...not just noobs.

DartVader
22-09-03, 13:21
Originally posted by F8i

looks like they've copied the Data from neocron.ems.ru - and instead of mention this on the page the put

Copyright © by neonoob.com All Right Reserved.
this under the page...

not very polite ... :rolleyes:

F8i
22-09-03, 14:47
Originally posted by DartVader
looks like they've copied the Data from neocron.ems.ru - and instead of mention this on the page the put

this under the page...

not very polite ... :rolleyes:

actually is says:

Welcome to neonoob.com

neonoob.com is a collection of information & Guides for the MMORPG: Neocron. Alot of the content here was obtained from neocron.ems.ru, croncom.com and other Neocron related sites. Just want to give them credit for their hard work and dedication.

Mayze

he is giving credit where its due. :)

Agent L
22-09-03, 16:04
0 BioTech LAW Enforcer
4 Crahn PSI-Controler 1
5 BioTech Meelee-Experiencememory 1
6 BioTech Targetingcomputer 1

Damn, are everybody sorting by TL?
I would like to see chart sorted by type, like:

BioTech Meelee-Experiencememory 1
BioTech Meelee-Experiencememory 2
BioTech Meelee-Experiencememory 3

and:

Tangent Plasma Cannon [...] components: ABBBDGG

Just stupid. Isn't 1222477 much more clear ?

I'm not blaming Rustot, he brings raw data, but someone who copy it could make some processing.

DartVader
22-09-03, 16:43
Originally posted by Agent L
I'm not blaming Rustot, he brings raw data, but someone who copy it could make some processing.

But that would mean they have to do something instead of just copy and paste ...

F8i
22-09-03, 18:38
lol, the site is still in development...and all areas will be researched again and changed accordingly...typical that some people feel the need for sarcastic remarks.

Also, I agree about the listing order. I want it listed by item name and then by TL.

We will see updates/changes soon

Maarten
22-09-03, 23:15
Could Rustot add a Turret page to neocron.ems.ru? I would love to see the details of all the turrets available, like TL, recipe, damage, etc...

Sorin
22-09-03, 23:20
Or maybe make it sortable. Like you could choose to sort it by name, or by TL, or whatever other possibilities.

d3ik
22-09-03, 23:42
I am currently working on a project that will allow runners to keep virtual inventories online and allow others to run searches on them looking for items they want (five-slot cs, rares, etc) if the person opts to allow others to search their inventory(kind of complicated, it's a visual thing... will post links when i'm at a good point). For instance you can configure the search to find 'Five-Slot CS on Saturn' (search is configured through dhtml interface) and it will display the username of the runners that have that item and have input it into their virtual inventories. It will then allow a trade bid to be sent to that individual. I'm about 1/4 of the way done with it... It started as a project to help me remember where all my alts apartment locations and passwords were and kind of grew from there.

I have integrated neocron.ems.ru's data into a database, which would allow for the things that you requested (sort by TL, etc)... but I want to touch base with him/her as I am not as familiar with the high-level items as he/she appears to be. I have developed a nice interface for updating the information, instead of what appears to be a simple html table that he/she has created. Anyway, if I'm unable to get a hold of him/her I'll just have to find another experienced individual (or possibly a willing GM) who would be able to update the data with each update/patch.

* - Yes, I know I overuse the him/her and he/she... but I get bitched at whenever I call a guy a girl and vice versa... so get over it.

Mayze
22-09-03, 23:57
jeez...its a work in progress :p nobody is twisting your arm to go to the site, lol.

sl33py
23-09-03, 00:03
Originally posted by F8i
lol, the site is still in development...and all areas will be researched again and changed accordingly...typical that some people feel the need for sarcastic remarks.

Also, I agree about the listing order. I want it listed by item name and then by TL.

We will see updates/changes soon

you can drop it in a db and give the possibility to sort on tl or that one order melee 1 , melee 2 , melee 3 (by cheating a bit and sort the stuff before brining it in the db)

If you want a little db design, you can mail me, i'll see if i can put it in my busy schedule

Spy<VS>Spy
23-09-03, 02:10
yeah if i ever get off my ass i'd actually throw up neospy...damn you homeworld 2!!

though its not really a help site...well, for spy's. not that i know anything about spy's, i take random interviews of other spy's to see what they do, because i suck.

and we make fun of tanks and monks...we leave the pe's alone because they are like...mini-spy's, or something.

F8i
23-09-03, 08:31
@sl33py - im a web developer, but its not me doing the site...i might try and help with the content etc etc but its mainly a close friend of mine thats doing it...using PHPNuke or something...not my area, i only code in ASP. Still thanks for the offer.

Tia
23-09-03, 17:48
For what it's worth:

I'll get a turret page up on http://croncom.com today.

\\Fényx//
23-09-03, 18:07
Zai do u ever want any help with that ? Ill give ya a hand with some stuff if you want ;)

StryfeX
24-09-03, 00:13
If anyone wants to give me some help with a web frontend, I'm in the process of making a Microsoft Access 2000 database. I'm at work, and as such can't upload what I have completed at the moment, but I'll try later.

--Stryfe

d3ik
24-09-03, 01:10
StryfeX, you seem like a nice guy. I don't want you going down the wrong road... and by the looks of it you're already headed that way. Your first step to freedom: uninstall Access. It is a bloated and useless piece of software that you are better off without. Then goto www.php.net... and then goto www.mysql.com... you will then be in possession of two extraordinary pieces of software that will in the end cost you... $0.

I am about halfway done with a webpage/database frontend that will revolutionize Neocron if implemented properly (i.e. - I need some more experienced players to help me out updating it)... but it will truly bring a new aspect to the game (No, I am not full of shit... seriously... it's cool). But anyway get yourself hooked up with some open source goodness and have fun coding :)

My site will be loaded on devaconlabs.com by this weekend in a testing stage (just random post-nuke up now so it's not so empty).

StryfeX
24-09-03, 01:19
Originally posted by d3ik
StryfeX, you seem like a nice guy. I don't want you going down the wrong road... and by the looks of it you're already headed that way. Your first step to freedom: uninstall Access. It is a bloated and useless piece of software that you are better off without. Then goto www.php.net... and then goto www.mysql.com... you will then be in possession of two extraordinary pieces of software that will in the end cost you... $0.

I am about halfway done with a webpage/database frontend that will revolutionize Neocron if implemented properly (i.e. - I need some more experienced players to help me out updating it)... but it will truly bring a new aspect to the game (No, I am not full of shit... seriously... it's cool). But anyway get yourself hooked up with some open source goodness and have fun coding :)

My site will be loaded on devaconlabs.com by this weekend in a testing stage (just random post-nuke up now so it's not so empty). Hey...don't make me hurt you. :lol:

Seriously though, the only reason I've been working in Access is because it's what we use here at work. Besides, it's the only thing I could probably get working enough to do something like this.

I'll check out those links though. Oi...PHP...that shit is a brainbuster.

--Stryfe

Hmm...I really wouldn't mind doing this in .Net...