PDA

View Full Version : Music InGame?

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 02:51
Does the music in this game have to be of the genre "ambient"?

I ask because I've seen a few threads about ingame music pop up.

I thought that I'd just look around online and see what kind of free music was available.

I figured, maybe the more musically inclined of the community could go out online, look at sites or artists that offer free (most likely sample songs) ambient/atmospheric/nature/techno music and make lists of links to those sites in a specific order to make a proper suite that immerses you.

It should be legal, because all we'd be doing is giving links in a specific order.

And perhaps someone could code an utility that could load links entered into it, save them into a folder, and then automatically change the music ini to load those new songs? That way, a lot of the fuss would be taken out, and we get to enjoy a fresh variety of music.

Comments would be appreciated.

element8
22-09-03, 02:54
there's a post in the mods section that tells u how to change the ingame music, i just have winamp playing in the background with online radio, like one of the stations from www.digitallyimported.com, it actually goes well with most of the ambient stuff, so well that i have both playing and they kinda compliment each other :D

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 06:25
I already have a fair idea of how to change the ingame music.

Please reread my post so you have a fuller idea of what I was talking about.

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 06:29
interesting idea... i might give it a shot when i have some free time