PDA

View Full Version : Any of you have airsoft guns out there?

iainy13
22-09-03, 02:11
How many of u airsoft regularaly? Or just have an airsoft gun? Just wanna c how popular the spors becomin. I have 2 beretta's actual size and workin on getting a g36 c full auto an all. Im only 15 so no competitions at real tournaments an stuf.. But o well. I know lots of ppl here who have them so its real popular in ablerta l8tly. Also would be awsome 2 c some pics of ppl with their cammo an rifles.

Marzola
22-09-03, 02:14
what's airsoft? Is it what people in the UK call paintball? or is it something different? If it is paintball I know quite a few people who do play paintball. It seems to be becoming popular.

iainy13
22-09-03, 02:19
Airsoft is a new sport where ppl have replicas of real guns wich shoot bbs usaly auto in exess of 200fps. Other then that its pretty much like paintballing. www.redwolfairsoft.com has alot of stuff.

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 02:22
i still think paintball is better than airsoft...you cant shoot far enough in airsoft...

this is my PB gun, its the default, but still same color

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1755_64612680

ZoneVortex
22-09-03, 02:25
I airsoft regularly with friends in California

I haven't bothered to upgrade my guns for a LONG time, so I still run around like a nut with my spring pistol and spring MP5 and plastic combat knife :D

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 02:26
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
I airsoft regularly with friends in California

I haven't bothered to upgrade my guns for a LONG time, so I still run around like a nut with my spring pistol and spring MP5 and plastic combat knife :D

LOL

i can imagine you doing that, running around with a plastic knife..ROFL:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

iainy13
22-09-03, 02:26
Oh. well my airsoft gun looks like this
http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:xvxTy7qgTTcC:www.uscav.com/assets/product

but i put an expansion chamber on mine. Hard 2 find a pic so i used google :) rhino only makes 2 pb guns. And they r kinda rare. heh spring mp5.

ZoneVortex
22-09-03, 02:29
I'll take pics of my guns and post em when I get them back from my friend. They're pretty erm....cool
:cool:

:p

RocX
22-09-03, 02:35
well do the shots hurt or feel like paintballs but smaller

Angel of Death
22-09-03, 02:37
I own a S.T.A.R.S. Beretta (from the Resident Evil series) which is an exact replica of the 9mm used in the game :)

I also own a crappy D. Eagle made from plastic...I thought it was metal when I got it off e-bay...crap. lol

But I love my Beretta, it's CO2 powered...i guess that wouldn't be airsoft then...the D. Eagle is airsoft...but the beretta is cooler :p

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 02:38
yea i got a full metal Beretta replica, it takes greengas, its cool...

well..i kinda.. 'borrowed' it from a friend...without him knowing...:D

Drake6k
22-09-03, 02:41
Mine...
Both are single shot springs for just looking cool. Deagle hurts like a bitch though :cool: (I took red tip off lol)
http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/91/8f/97_1.JPG
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/xxde_spring_bl_jpg.jpg

Shockwave
22-09-03, 02:42
I used to dabble in Paintball a bit - I've still got my crappy entry-level gun somewhere. Great fun, but very expensive and painful. :)

I don't actually play airsoft, but I've got a few working guns that I use as LARP phys-reps, mainly pistols. I did managed to get the last custom G36C Airsoft Dynamics had (Based around a Mauri H&K MP5) - this was nearly a year before they released a proper Airsoft G36C. Cost me an arm and a leg, but it was worth it. :D Got a beautiful hop-up full-weight Deagle replica as a prezzie from a couple of friends a while ago, too. :)

Shock.

RocX
22-09-03, 02:43
umm dud your link to your gun isnt workin

Shujin
22-09-03, 02:48
i dare one of u to goto the airport and try to get on a plane with one of those

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 02:54
bah...

I still think my air rifle is better..

Originally posted by Shujin

This is not recomened, as if you are seen with a firearm looking device you are likley to be treated like a deadly threat..

BTW, a mate of mine at school fucked about with a BB gun that looked like a pistol in a street with some kid from school, and next day back to school, no gun, and a few lumps from where he'd been slamed onto the dirt.. they'd not messed about.

Shockwave
22-09-03, 02:56
Originally posted by Shujin

Try it at Gatwick and you'll have half a dozen MP5-A5's pointed at you before you can blink. Contrast aganst when I went through JFK and was able to leave the boarding lounge into the main airport and back whenever I liked without going through so much as a metal detector or past a member of staff. UK - You even THINK it and there'll be a camera on you. US - Sure, want a few kilos of Coke with it? :D

Shock.

iainy13
22-09-03, 02:56
ah. well it did 5 mins after i posted it. mmm..... o well.. anyways some of my friends have a mp5 sd aug military style m4a1 p90 wth silencer a sig an a few more i forgot. Snuck into my house a few times at 1 am an scared the hell outa me for a second. In there camo an face paint an all. Its pretty awsome bein in a gunfight with em.

iainy13
22-09-03, 02:58
an here is the only pic i found :/ http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/500/

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 02:58
always wanted 2 try airsoft, but im a big paintball fan :)

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 03:05
link still doesnt work.

what PB gun is it anyways?

iainy13
22-09-03, 03:13
u sure it dousent work? the 2nd link i posted works fine

RocX
22-09-03, 03:18
iany i pmed you pm me back .

.Cyl0n
22-09-03, 03:18
wtf o_O
ive never seen something like that.. lol
thats sick o_O

.cy

Mattimeo
22-09-03, 03:21
I love airsoft! I have my own fireteam, one of them is in the National Guard with me, the other two aren't. We share our guns to fit our tastes that day, but I'll list in order of what we actually own

Me - 2xH&K MP5k by Tokyo Mauri
1xModified H&K PSG1 (400fps spring mod, motor mod, battery mod) Original Partys by Tokyo Mauri
1xBeretta 92FS GBB by Tokyo Mauri

member 1 - 1xSpas 12 spring combat shotgun by Tokyo Mauri
1xH&K MP5-PDW Modified (350fps spring,motor,external battery) Original Parts by Tokyo Mauri

Member 2 - 1xH&K G3-SG1 by, you guessed it, Tokyo Mauri
2xBeretta 92FS Perfect Version GBB by Tokyo Mauri
2xM11A1 GBB by KSC

Member 3 - 1xFNP90 by Tokyo Mauri
1xThompson M1A1 modified (400fps spring, entire gearbox, battery) origonally by Tokyo Mauri, and almost banned from use
1xBeretta 92FS EBB by Tokyo Mauri

If you live in the maryland area, and are lookign for a team, we're about to have an opening, but actually will accept people as long as you can make practices, and we keep an even number (unless you want to be a hostage now and then)

as you can see, we have a love of Tokyo Mauri, but I will say KSC makes some awsometastic GBBs

ZoneVortex
22-09-03, 04:28
i've been meaning to buy the tokyo mauri uh.... what is it.....electric full auto ak-spetsnaz, but i'm not leaning more towards a gas glock

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 05:08
Me - 2xH&K MP5k by Tokyo Mauri
1xModified H&K PSG1 (400fps spring mod, motor mod, battery mod) Original Partys by Tokyo Mauri

ohhhhh i want :lol:

tokyo mauri has good guns

Mattimeo
22-09-03, 05:19
Originally posted by KidWithStick
ohhhhh i want :lol:

tokyo mauri has good guns

I was inspired by the matrix when I bought the MP5Ks, and noone can resist the PSG1. although, I will say I broke the gearbox once on the PSG1, I'm thinking of putting the all metal parts in there, I've noticed the gear teeth look like they're breaking down again.. but the MP5s have only been oiled about twice in the almost 2 years I've had them, out of the box TM makes really great guns.

If they'd give me free guns I'd be a walking ad for them ;)

Spectra260
22-09-03, 05:22
I have a little mp5 airsoft gun. One of the cheapies for 30 bucks but its fun to shoot kidwithstick with when he is at my house :D

I play paintball but want to try airsoft, the thing is most places dont have guns for rent dammit!

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 05:24
Originally posted by Spectra260
I have a little mp5 airsoft gun. One of the cheapies for 30 bucks but its fun to shoot kidwithstick with when he is at my house :D

I play paintball but want to try airsoft, the thing is most places dont have guns for rent dammit!

i hate that thing.o_O

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 05:32
just in case any one cares my paintball gun is a vision impulse

:D

RocX
22-09-03, 05:38
How are the rules one hit your out is that how it works.

Mattimeo
22-09-03, 05:42
Originally posted by RocX
How ae the rules one hit your outis that how it works

we play as 1-hit you're out honor system, no Hi-cap magazines/clips (we wanted to get away from the paintball more ammo = teh winnar!), and pointblank is given a warning before shot ("Drop that weapon!" they move, they earn the GBB in the back welt)

RocX
22-09-03, 05:46
wow neat well the problem with airsoft i dont think any one does it wre i live and do the bullets hurt.

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 06:18
Ive always wanted 2 try airsoft,

(we wanted to get away from the paintball more ammo = teh winnar!)
So true :P thats one bad part of paintball, In a turny I shoot at least 600 balls per 3 minute game.
200 off the break :P

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 06:29
Originally posted by G.0.D.
Ive always wanted 2 try airsoft,

So true :P thats one bad part of paintball, In a turny I shoot at least 600 balls per 3 minute game.
200 off the break :P

thats why i carry my redz pack on my back:D

edit: never knew you were that into paintball GOD...where do you live?

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 06:31
Canada, specificly saskatchewan.
and u kid?

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 06:31
Originally posted by G.0.D.
Canada, specificly saskatchewan.
and u kid?

bay area california :(

wanted to own you in PB...:( :(

lol:lol:

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 06:32
PIMP PAINTBALL PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!! WOOOT!!...

ok well it sounded like a good idea at the time, what type of gun u shootin kid?

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 06:35
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1755_64612680

:D

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 06:36
dang missed ur post where u said that.

U play front or back? (i my self am a front runner)

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 06:36
mainly back, alot of middle...and soemtimes front. when i play rec ball i normally play front

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 06:38
you should see spectra's collection:rolleyes:

G.0.D.
22-09-03, 06:41
:D i was thinking about buying an angle or an e-matrix. but I just love my impulse... reliable... lite... VERY consistant.

last turny i went to i was called for cheating every game!
299 300 300 299 299 300 <--my gun at the chrono

Mattimeo
22-09-03, 06:45
The impulse looks similar to my old angel, same company?

iainy13
22-09-03, 06:45
anyone wanna see a sic looking gun? Go here http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Category?menu1=1 the scavanger looks so awsome. I want one o em.

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 06:56
impulse is made by smart parts

DartVader
22-09-03, 09:04
thats a pic of our weapons, taken after a small match...

http://jg.dodv.de/temp/IM000058.JPG

I own a APS-2 with Scope, Harris Bipod ans Sling - upgraded with GAS-cylinder to about 450 FPS ... :)

Mattimeo
22-09-03, 09:15
the Mp5 is sorely under-represented in that picture =P.

how well does the APS perform at long range? I've thought of replacing my PSG1 with one for sniping roles.

Next time we play I need to get a pic of all our weapons

eLcHi
22-09-03, 09:50
Airsoft ...

You guys are ... strange ...

I play paintball ... i got a Angel IR3 C&C ... in a nice shining Silver ...

What do these Airsoft Guns cost ?

I recon they´re not too expensive ... you don´t wanna know what i paid for my :angel:

eLcHi

Siygess
22-09-03, 10:43
Ah.. one day, I'll buy the FNP90, Thompson and a FAMAS.. just as soon as I win the lottery or get a serious pay rise.

Guess I'll have to make do with my pair of Glock 17's for now :confused:

DartVader
22-09-03, 10:51
Originally posted by Mattimeo
how well does the APS perform at long range? I've thought of replacing my PSG1 with one for sniping roles.

Next time we play I need to get a pic of all our weapons

I like my APS-2. With 0,43g BBs it has a very good accuracy (with my extra-Long 6.04mm Barrel with adjustable Hop-Up of course) up to around 40m...
My APS shots straight through (!!) 2 Soda-Cans from 1m distance - so i never shot anytone closer than 15m ... Thats what i have my Western Arms ProKiller MK5 for :-)

But all together the weapons had costs me around 1500€ - the performance is not comparable to the stock APS-2.

If you want to switch think about the fact that the APS-2 is full manual. It takes time to reload and your opponent may hear it if you do it fast... Its fine for the "one shot, one kill" role of a sniper - you just need to know your weapon very well. Takes a lot of training to be able to calculate the wind influence on your Bullet. Also you had to know that with each shot a small amount of grease/oil is blown though the Barrel (its in the Gas...) and some will be on you Hop-Up so it looses range/accuracy with every shot (if fired fast after another).

(hope you get what i meant - my english sucks...)