PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to mod a 5-slot toxic beam ?

RayBob
22-09-03, 02:10
Should I use a psi-ultima mod to make it all artifact or are some stats already capped and thus overkill? In case I didn't make myself clear: on a CS, for example, nearly all tanks can have much less than artifact quality damage and still easily cap damage.

thanks

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 02:13
After damage, you have to consider frequency, THEN range, THEN handling.

Just remember that 648% is damage cap for APU.

But the poweramplifiers add to damage anyway, so save the damage mod for last...

if you make all artifact and still have a slot or two free, very good for you... just leave them open and use the beam for a while

when it starts to fall apart a bit, mod in the damage mod because it adds to condition %.

Shadow Dancer
22-09-03, 02:16
DO NOT waste an ultima mod on a poison beam unless it's 2 slots or less.

PSI damage mod

Damage/freq

Freq mod

Range/damge

handling/damage

But i doubt you'll need all these to cap damage, it's pretty easy to cap a multi slot beam.

Drake6k
22-09-03, 02:17
What does handling affect on spells?

Shadow Dancer
22-09-03, 02:20
Originally posted by Drake6k

NOTHING as far as I can see.

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 02:22
I'm sure it affects the fizzling of spells... handling gonna be there for a reason, otherwise, why did KK bother?

KidWithStick
22-09-03, 02:25
damage and freq first, then range

enigma_b17
22-09-03, 02:26
id go for damage and freq and try to balance them out a bit, as one with out the other kind of kills the damage u can do

ie with more damage each beam does more damage, but freq is lower so u cant cast it that quickly

with more freq its the reverse, theyll get more poison stacks (ur enemy) but they wont do as much damage ::) handling and range are secondary imo

ZoneVortex
22-09-03, 02:28
I dunno, just do this

Damage

Damage Freq

Freq

I fully capped every stat of my toxic beam back with my old APU, and that was before monk PA or anything, so it's a really easy spell to cap.

Then the last two are whatever you want.

I'd say range just to make sure you cap the range.

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 02:34
It's damn easy to get decent damage on beams...

I'd say the primary concern with DoT spells is to get them stacking FAST, so go for frequency first.

True, poison may be weak, but if the guy's trying to pop pills, he'll run out fast if you spam him with poison beam.

Mankind
22-09-03, 02:49
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I'm sure it affects the fizzling of spells... handling gonna be there for a reason, otherwise, why did KK bother?

Very untrue.

In melee range is useless, yet it's still there right?

Shockwave
22-09-03, 02:50
Originally posted by Drake6k

Run-casting, I believe.

Shock.

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 02:52
no, damage % affects runcasting

Shockwave
22-09-03, 02:57
Originally posted by Heavyporker
no, damage % affects runcasting

Exclusively? I was under the impression Handling had at least an effect on the Run-casting of a spell.

Shock.

mdares
22-09-03, 03:28
nope; run cast is RoF and dmg.