PDA

View Full Version : i helped a newb on saturn today and...

KidWithStick
21-09-03, 23:05
he knew NOTHING about this game except he thought it looked cool...he had no idea on how to do anything, he didnt even know how to direct:)

i helped him for about an hour and showed him basically everything there is to need to know when your a newbie, i didnt tell him about anything out of NC or anything...didnt wanna cram to much info into him.

the point is though, most newbies are going to have no fucking clue on what there doing, and to be honost NC isnt a very easy game to just install and get right into doing things.

and also, the MC5 is complete shit, its not doing its job, its hardly adding to the role play effect, and its pointless. just remove that shit.

8|

PsiCorps
21-09-03, 23:07
i also helped a newb not long ago, he didnt know anything either. but i found the best way to learn is to try, and study. hell i remeber watching people fighting in the sewers, etc. alot of newbs are coming, Good job KK.

*ph33r*
21-09-03, 23:08
Yea, other day I was in the newb MC5 on Saturn and there was a guy showing 2 newbs around... none had a clue in the world of what to do.

Also I was standing by the guys with the jeep, and one of the newbs runs up to me and asks "Where is the genrep?"

=/

REMOVE MC5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1oneoneone

KidWithStick
21-09-03, 23:09
yea, i showed him how to make bp's of guns and told him that stor bought guns are a waste of money (maybe you should up those too KK:D ) and how to get em researched and constructed and told him how to distribute his skill points..even though im sure he was pretty confused about the skill system..lol

PsiCorps
21-09-03, 23:09
Originally posted by *ph33r*
Yea, other day I was in the newb MC5 on Saturn and there was a guy showing 2 newbs around... none had a clue in the world of what to do.

Also I was standing by the guys with the jeep, and one of the newbs runs up to me and asks "Where is the genrep?"

=/

REMOVE MC5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1oneoneone
i wish no one helped yo back in the day,. YOU ARE THE BANE OF NEOOOOOOCRON!

Mingerroo
21-09-03, 23:10
Yeah I helped a few newbs and my mate just started playing a couple of days ago. His key thought points were:

Patching was a bitch, I had to use the forum to find out he had to delete the patch before the current patch etc. Should be put in the main window for the launcher (PATCH PROBLEMS AND FIXES).
He left MC5 STRAIGHT away. Just run around looking for a way out.
The char creation is not clear enough on what starter equipment you get, what points are best where, etc.

Should be looked into in my honest opinion.

*ph33r*
Originally posted by PsiCorps
i wish no one helped yo back in the day,. YOU ARE THE BANE OF NEOOOOOOCRON!

Ty MAY I HAVE ANOTHER GOOD SIR!?!?!

Mantus
Not that there is anything wrong with NC having a high learning curve. For me, the compexity of the game added to its charm.

Good job helping the newb out KWS :D

KidWithStick
21-09-03, 23:13
theres alot of new players who come in and make a PE and want to go pistols, but they start with a rifle...thats what happened to this guy.

plus they need to show a good setup on char creation thing for PvP, or tradeskilling..etc... or atleast say that if you want to do lots of damage you need to put alot of points in *insert skill here*

and so on.

Benjie
21-09-03, 23:41
When I got bored I specifically
looked for noobies. I never got
ripped off coz I had really special
"noobie finding" teckniques. (lets
just say I didn't run up to low
ranking peeps saying "are you
a noobie? Need any
cash??????????????????"

Mirco
21-09-03, 23:43
There should be a link to a noob-guide in the launcher so the noobs can get the info fast and easy. Or link to good community pages. Neocron is a hard game to break, but I dont think its unreasonable to expect people to read up a little (I for one enjoy reading up on a game). Just make sure they can find the info easily.

About character creation. The templates that are given are crap. They arent viable. Only thing they are good for if you choose not to alter it, is to find out how loms work.