PDA

View Full Version : PA idea

Ste-X
21-09-03, 21:15
after looking at this

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76181

i think it would be a cool idea if every faction had a diffent pa, eg tg pa would have a tg fist on the back and on the arms, each faction diffent symbol to there faction,that only people in that faction could wear,

all stats would be the same just different skin

Tazo
21-09-03, 21:18
i voted not sure

faction logos = more textures = more in the graphics memory = even worse fps with NCs shitty engine :(

Scikar
21-09-03, 21:57
Originally posted by Tazo
i voted not sure

faction logos = more textures = more in the graphics memory = even worse fps with NCs shitty engine :(

The NC engine won't care about adding more textures. You get low FPS because it's dependant on CPU power, and you're already using a lot of processing power for the netcode. It's only the CPU that's under strain in NC, and textures are only going to affect your graphics card.

Ste-X
21-09-03, 21:59
scikar come give me my ds part

Rade
21-09-03, 22:02
Not a PA for every faction, but for one or two more would be nice. Other than that, It would be fun to see even more faction specfic equipment/bonuses etc. For example Black Dragons should be able to purchase drugs from some vendor which is alot cheaper than normal, etc.

Tazo
21-09-03, 22:05
Originally posted by Scikar
The NC engine won't care about adding more textures. You get low FPS because it's dependant on CPU power, and you're already using a lot of processing power for the netcode. It's only the CPU that's under strain in NC, and textures are only going to affect your graphics card.
sorry bro, but youre wrong. the NC engine loads all playermodel-textures on zone-load. more pa textures would add to that list, which means more would be loaded to the memory. and more stuff in the texture memory makes your fps drop.

icarium
21-09-03, 22:54
i vote yes its a good idea, atm there is no real difference in whatever faction u are other than the location of your apartment, this would be a start

and ffs if your pc cant manage a few extra k in its memory UPGRADE or stop moaning

Dissenter
22-09-03, 10:15
Good idea ste, tbh it ain't that many more textures, just the same skin with little logos shoved on em and different item names.

Richard Slade
22-09-03, 10:40
Tazo, I don't trust your know-how in this case.
You got a Homer face.
Homer is stupid
You're wrong
NERF HOMER!

And yeah this is quite a neat idea.
Or maybe the ability to place logos where wanted on them?