PDA

View Full Version : doom 3 multiplayer SUCKS

Cryotchekk
21-09-03, 18:27
yeah, it really sucks. its like quake3 + ut/ut2, nothing new to it what so ever, and the grafix aint that great either (even on god owns pc basically) and is like 50000000 fucking gb's.

download at your own risk!

21-09-03, 18:32
They lowered multipayer graphs so it would play better.

Psycho_Soldier
21-09-03, 18:34
Doom3 isn't even out yet... Where did you get your info? Besides.. who cares? Everyone knows Half-Life 2's multiplayer with own all. :D

Cryotchekk
21-09-03, 18:35
Originally posted by #151988
They lowered multipayer graphs so it would play better.

well, i kinda need to explain about that...

the textures were amazing, truely the texters were like a dvd but the over all like round-ness of objects and people, everything was a bit square. HL2 much prettyer (and better mp, probably)

Cryotchekk
21-09-03, 18:36
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Doom3 isn't even out yet... Where did you get your info? Besides.. who cares? Everyone knows Half-Life 2's multiplayer with own all. :D

doom 3 multiplayer is out for free download...n00b :D

Psycho_Soldier
21-09-03, 18:41
I sure hope you aren't talking about the leaked alpha. I went to fileplanet, and didnt see it for download. Im sure if it was it would be there. Where did you download it at if it is not the leaked alpha?

SilentGravity
21-09-03, 18:48
I sure hope you aren't talking about the leaked alpha. I went to fileplanet, and didnt see it for download. Im sure if it was it would be there. Where did you download it at if it is not the leaked alpha?

No matter what video card you have in Alpha you got like 5 FPS and while shooting there was bug where it went sub-0FPS

I dont think it was possible for Multiplayer, if it is it would be impossible to play.

Though someone may of leaked the game from QuakeCon

Cryotchekk
21-09-03, 20:03

no its not leaked alpha, its what ID released at some games convention, aparently. i played it in a shop but the people n there said they downlaoded it but didnt say where

KidWithStick
21-09-03, 20:04
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
no its not leaked alpha, its what ID released at some games convention, aparently. i played it in a shop but the people n there said they downlaoded it but didnt say where

IRC prolly

alig
21-09-03, 20:45
I think if an official doom3 demo was out and not some baffled bullshit leak it would be all over the net, ive checked everywhere and seen jack shit. :mad:

J a y
21-09-03, 20:48
my bros comp (dell 1.7 p4 gf 3 256mb ram) ran the doom 3 alpha at a average of 20 fps. was wierd when i was playing it but damn it ran smooth.

also saying that ID isnt even done with everything yet and you criticize.

im still skeptical about halflife 2. all the interviews ive seen just talk about the engine and mods... i dont care about mods i care on how well they are going to make a game.

at least ID keeps things hidden for amazment unlike most companies.

SilentGravity
21-09-03, 21:44
Originally posted by Cryotchekk

Hmmm, you SURE? I have not heard ANYTHING about a leaked copy of Doom3 from QuakeCon, anyways ill look around and post what I find later...

Smugly
22-09-03, 00:07
Likewise, one of my netgeek colleagues would probably be bragging about having it, or pestering me to download it on ADSL if it truly was an official demo for general public perusal and thus not subject to the bugs and cockups that plague every game still in development.

On the other point, I heard Doom 3 Multiplayer was supposed to be a 2-4 player co-operative game?

Trivial
22-09-03, 00:11
id software has stated more times than I can count that "We were not shooting to revolutionize multiplayer" and furthermore that they were indeed focusing mostly on the single player game. The multiplayer was intended as an extra add on that you could play with if you wanted, but it was never intended to be the point of the game. I even remember when they said it would not ship with multiplayer, so be happy that it has any.

Smugly
22-09-03, 00:29
I'm just hoping they don't pull an Unreal II. " Awesome single player Experiance" my arse.

Mantus
22-09-03, 00:39
Iam not surpriced. But then again i really dont care about the graphics. As long as its not another booring Quake/UT type game ill be happy.

ServeX
22-09-03, 03:49
http://www.packetnews.com/search.php?net=all&kw=doom+III&t=xdcc

evs
22-09-03, 03:55
To those confused:

Latest quake con had a beta multi version of Doom 3.

It's that which many people have grabbed hold of.

It's not official and its not the e3_ alpha either.

It's super unready - and had at least 60% content missing.

Judge it now and you're being just plain stupid

SilentGravity
22-09-03, 03:58
Originally posted by ServeX
http://www.packetnews.com/search.php?net=all&kw=doom+III&t=xdcc

Thats the alpha, its been out for like... *checks*

2002-11-02 Doom 3 ALPHA Build 200208234829184 45x2.88 MB OCEANINE