PDA

View Full Version : Monk-O-Cron

Ryuben
21-09-03, 14:07
ok this game is jsut turning into Monks vs the rest, is that what KK wanted ?? i got 2 screens that just prove this to a tee

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0285.jpg

this is of me getting killed by the defenders that was there team, 4 monks 1 tank was a pe kicking about and another APU.

k next one, this is a different fight and lets see

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0297.jpg

:-O omg 4 monks 1 tank im sure other people will have screns
that prove this too :) like fenix has one from a OP war he was at
recently and talked over buddy about a rainbow of colours due to
the Monks PA's (not my buddy chat some one elses he said wait
up fenix is spaming buddy about a rainbow of monk colours :lol: :lol: )

jsut pissing me off and if hinch shows that pick of 2001 where
there was 5 tanks in it, and say Tank-O-cron ill scream!!!1111one one one

Mankind
21-09-03, 14:17
http://home.stny.rr.com/ncimagez/shot0018.jpg
http://home.stny.rr.com/ncimagez/shot0023.jpg
http://home.stny.rr.com/ncimagez/shot0030.jpg
http://home.stny.rr.com/ncimagez/shot0035.jpg
http://home.stny.rr.com/ncimagez/shot0089.jpg

And more proof :p

I think its fun seeing all those monks though :)

Tazo
21-09-03, 14:19
not trying to sound like a troll but:

OH GOOOOD SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!!!

im SO goddamn sick of these "monkocron" "tankocron" "lagocron" "suckocron" "whatevercron" threads. WE ALREADY HAD PLENTY OF THOSE, THANK YOU.

J. Folsom
21-09-03, 14:20
I'm pretty certain that is in part related to the fact that PSI Monks have the newest "toys" in the form of the Monk PA; I'd be unsurprised to learn that there'd be a sudden increase in the amount of Spies and PEs once their PA's has been released. People like seeing and being able to use new stuff.

juvestar15
21-09-03, 14:53
I could post 100s of these pics.

For the last few weeks i've been thinging about making a poll about which char you log for OP fights.

Most people in my clan would rather log their monk. APUs for anti-buff and high damage. PPUs for keeping everyone alive.

Besides hacking, what else does a PE or tank have to offer in an OP fight? I can't see the logic in logging mine.

This probably doesn't count for Pluto people because most have 1 char. But on Uranus and Saturn, with 4 chars, everyone has an option. I wouldn't mind hearing from some people on Saturn.

Sleawer
21-09-03, 15:01
Heh, always we meet Red Symphony for an OP fight, I would call it PE-Cron :p

But yea, there are loads of monks.

LTA
21-09-03, 15:20
I would log my monk...

i used to think Tank... but i tried and tried and got glued and HL'd to death so i do the same back now

JiNxY
21-09-03, 15:53
i dont believe its because of the new monk "toys" i think its moe because theyre the most powerful class :)

but i notice your the dead monk ryuben, so your contributing to it :p

ryubocron!!!

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 16:26
Originally posted by J. Folsom
I'm pretty certain that is in part related to the fact that PSI Monks have the newest "toys" in the form of the Monk PA; I'd be unsurprised to learn that there'd be a sudden increase in the amount of Spies and PEs once their PA's has been released. People like seeing and being able to use new stuff.

That's only a small part, it has to do with ppus having such a super tremendous role in PvP and you NEED them for op wars, and then apus being the only ones with tools to take down ppus.

PsiCorps
21-09-03, 16:29
wooo mankind was looking at me in his screenshot NewDawn > Pro, those were the good old days

Ryuben
21-09-03, 16:47
Originally posted by JiNxY
i dont believe its because of the new monk "toys" i think its moe because theyre the most powerful class :)

but i notice your the dead monk ryuben, so your contributing to it :p

ryubocron!!!

lol no i was told to log a friends char as we _needed_ the ppu ( only had 2 others o_O so my tankie/ pe got over looked for a Monkeh

:(

JiNxY
21-09-03, 16:55
:(

Oooohh close, i ever so nearly just posted a frowny lol, that woulda been me gone for 3 days lol

ezza
21-09-03, 16:56
damn i must be the only one who has stopped playing a monk so i can play my tank, hardly touch my monk now.

and the monk problem started with the uber hybrids, them they all lommed to either the god mode class, or the uber damge class:p

athon
21-09-03, 17:04
I like monkcron tho - it increases the value of rifle spies. *mutters something about if only that 3rd shot had hit SirRah last night*

Athon Solo

\\Fényx//
21-09-03, 17:11
The other day I was at tezla for a OP war, and there was 14 monks, my PE, 1 Spy droner and 2 tanks o_O

Lucjan
21-09-03, 17:18
2 tanks and a PE? Wow, the last OP war I've been in at cycrows had only 1 tank and 1 spy. No PE and the one tank was only there as his APU is still too low to participare in PvP...

Leebzie
21-09-03, 17:30
Havent played a monk all the way up cappage , but it is one hell of an advantage not having to lock your spell...

if you were to ask me on the spot which char i thought was most powerful , i would have to say monk. They can switch damage type much easier than any other class , which makes them far more flexible.

Its kinda if a PE/Tank/Spy has a gun with say , energy and fire , and thier enemy has lots of energy and fire resist , to say the least , it lowers thier life expectancy dramatically. For a monk , they just say , change spell from thier lightning spell/fire spell to a poison one.

Not that im saying nerfing is the solution , I dont know a good solution.

oh and as far as new toys go's... people looking for that should never play PE's lol. :p

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 17:34
Leez you're right about lack of recticle being advantage, but i'm gonna have to disagree about the "switch weapons on the spot" advantage. Fire is underpowered compared to HL, there's really no reason to use fire over HL other than because you want to. Also poison......................is underpowered, and is near useless in team battles.

Anyhow back on track, i've been in a few "monk only" op wars. It's pretty sad.

I wish there were better roles for spies and tanks in op wars.

extract
21-09-03, 18:50
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Leez you're right about lack of recticle being advantage, but i'm gonna have to disagree about the "switch weapons on the spot" advantage. Fire is underpowered compared to HL, there's really no reason to use fire over HL other than because you want to. Also poison......................is underpowered, and is near useless in team battles.

agreed, altho I wouldnt say fire is way underpowered, again Ill have to go back to my previous comment about every weapon has its applications...and in monkvmonk situations youll hardly ever see HL, monks always try to kill monks with fire...and poison well unless youre a n00b without drugs or holy antidote youve got nothing to worry about......

[B]
Anyhow back on track, i've been in a few "monk only" op wars. It's pretty sad.

I wouldnt say sad, but its definitely bland, I personally play my monk the least out of all my chars, as people say tanks/spies/PEs are boring I find the monk class the most boring out of the 4 classes(my PE being the funnest of course, god i love that dude) but you cant deny that playing a monk is the easiest and most powerful out of the classes that its not hard to see why many people play them.....

[B]
I wish there were better roles for spies and tanks in op wars.

dont go there man, there are still key roles for tanks and spies in OP wars and RP situations...youve just got priorites wrong(i think), many people want they class and char to be the combat class but sometimes forget the key roles that these other classes have in strategic situations, such as stealthing spies(obviously no other class, not even a PE is as valuable in this situation as a spy is) simply because a spy can use every stealth possible and being stealthed for a good time is essential when youre checking out the scene etc etc....tanks well tanks altho made for battle should not be the forefront of a battle unless theyre in great numbers(lets not forget the storyline and the only reason tanks defeated the monks was because of great numbers not having the greatest dmg) tanks as we know have TONS of AOE weapons and trust me some people take good advantage of them the first time I ever partook in a OP war was my FA clan against a TS clan, and there was the monks(APU/PPU) in front and then nothing but a trail of moonstriker rockets coming toward me....which eventually got them the victory they had 5 tanks doing nothing but shooting off MS...and our monks couldnt get in close because they had theyre monk frontline pushing us back and back....in OP wars these days its not what class you have, its just noone gives a shit about strategy, its always just balls to the wall up in youre face 50 versus 50 last man standing wins....(you people watch breaveheart too much) as far as spies being in that combat role...have we forgotten how essential a sniper is? damn you put 3-4 spies out of harms way with SH and a PPU glues to they ass just in case and my god that could turn the tide in any battle(of course my comments are practical ideas and concepts but are rarely used) but that doesnt mean that theres not good roles, it just simply means noones willing to use them

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 18:58
wow extract you really messed up those quotes. :D

Originally posted by extract
agreed, altho I wouldnt say fire is way underpowered, again Ill have to go back to my previous comment about every weapon has its applications...and in monkvmonk situations youll hardly ever see HL, monks always try to kill monks with fire...and poison well unless youre a n00b without drugs or holy antidote youve got nothing to worry about......

I see the majority of monks(at least on pluto) use HL. And I would never use fire to kill a monk! :eek:

Too risky.

I wouldnt say sad, but its definitely bland, I personally play my monk the least out of all my chars, as people say tanks/spies/PEs are boring I find the monk class the most boring out of the 4 classes(my PE being the funnest of course, god i love that dude) but you cant deny that playing a monk is the easiest and most powerful out of the classes that its not hard to see why many people play them.....

I dont' think apu is most powerful, and i don't think ppu is easy in anyway. So i'm gonna have to disagree with you. :p

dont go there man, there are still key roles for tanks and spies in OP wars and RP situations...youve just got priorites wrong(i think), many people want they class and char to be the combat class but sometimes forget the key roles that these other classes have in strategic situations, such as stealthing spies(obviously no other class, not even a PE is as valuable in this situation as a spy is) simply because a spy can use every stealth possible and being stealthed for a good time is essential when youre checking out the scene etc etc....

Stealthing spies aren't NEEDED the way monks are, that's the thing. So they can do some recon, so what.

Any roles the other classes have, IMO, pales in comparison to the roles of the monks.

in OP wars these days its not what class you have, its just noone gives a shit about strategy,

TANK aoe is too "situational". It's not always useful, and once again it's not "needed" the way monks are.

That's why I said "More" roles or more "important" roles when referring to the other classes.

And yes it is about what class you have. A team without ANY monks will be decimated by a team with ppus and apus.

as far as spies being in that combat role...have we forgotten how essential a sniper is?

A sniper isn't essential in the least IMO. In op wars snipers aren't deadly, at least not to me. Snipers always end up being a nuisance instead of an actual real threat.

but that doesnt mean that theres not good roles, it just simply means noones willing to use them

I disagree, if their were more good roles then people will use them.

Sayign that "coincidently" no one happens to use any of these good roles is a bit........off.

If something is good and effective, it WILL end up being used. And vice versa, which is why we can tell that droners and melee tanks need a boost since hardly anyone plays them.

hnlecter
21-09-03, 19:06
Neocron has two classes Monks and Builders. But what do you say "doodz teh got pes n tanks n spys~!" Ok lets have a ppu/apu combo (not hard to find lately) tank is out armored, we won't even talk about the pe or spy. Lets just see an apu outdamages tank and pe, in the damage catagory the spy could deal more damage over time because if KK didn't put this fucking gay ass clipping distance spys could auctually be ranged. Ok that covers the classes.

Monks- Can see cloakers, take insane damage, deal insane damage, have insane range, have insane stopping abilities, can revive allies

Tanks- Can take good damage, can deal good damage if they get up close

PEs- Can take ok damage, can deal good damage.

Spys- trade skill insane, can deal pretty damn good damage, can cloak.

Now spys obviously need to be nerfed MONKS CAN'T CONSTRUCT WTF!? Monks are the all class but they can't construct WTF? KK needs to nerf spy constructors with a -50 cst and give monks natural +50cst.

Lucjan
21-09-03, 19:11
hnlecter, could you troll somewhere else?

hnlecter
21-09-03, 19:14
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] This isn't trolling my simple minded monk friend, this is my morning rant.

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 19:25
Originally posted by hnlecter

Monks- Can see cloakers, take insane damage, deal insane damage, have insane range, have insane stopping abilities, can revive allies

Apus can deal insane damage, and their range is gonna be reduced. ALl the other stuf you mentioned is ppu only.

Let's not forget apu is different as night and day, much more different than pistol pe to rifle pe or anything like that.

JiNxY
21-09-03, 19:39
i vote we nerf everybody to 0/2 new guys and all have to run (then walk, then run a bit more) into battle!!! screaming our war cries!! RRAAWWRRR.

id love to see that lol, knifing mayhem, that would possibly be the best thing id ever see in neocron.

even if it was just a temporary event for TG vs CA or something hehehe.

this post is of topic, sorry, im not sure theres anything more to say about monks, im sure kk know, and most peoples opinions are not too different (after all kk go with the majority 100% of the time)

so monks, prepare to get teh old nerf stick :p

Heraclitus
21-09-03, 19:40
I agree that damage can stay as it is if ROF and range are brought in a bit. The complaint about APU/PPU combos is moot as anyone can enjoy a PPUs protection.

extract
21-09-03, 19:49
wow extract you really messed up those quotes. :D

dont understand, but sorry

[B]
I see the majority of monks(at least on pluto) use HL. And I would never use fire to kill a monk! :eek:

Too risky.

again depends on the application(must i write it in bold!!!)

[B]
I dont' think apu is most powerful, and i don't think ppu is easy in anyway. So i'm gonna have to disagree with you. :p

dont think APU is the most powerful...HA you must be kidding...name any other weapon in this game that can copmpete with HL, youre just disagreeing to disagree(kinda like me :D)

[B]
Stealthing spies aren't NEEDED the way monks are, that's the thing. So they can do some recon, so what.

Any roles the other classes have, IMO, pales in comparison to the roles of the monks.

TANK aoe is too "situational". It's not always useful, and once again it's not "needed" the way monks are.

Spies are needed cause like I said before noone ROLEPLAYS in a OP situation you all just want to kill or be killed, hence my strategy comment, and of course monks are needed its because 80% of server population in all monks...monks do the most dmg but really its only PPUs that are needed not APUs if theres no PPUs in an OP war even if it was all tanks against all APUs the outcome would still be unpredictiable......

[B]
That's why I said "More" roles or more "important" roles when referring to the other classes.

And yes it is about what class you have. A team without ANY monks will be decimated by a team with ppus and apus.

well ok youve misconstrued my comment into making it seem like i was saying a pack of spies can take on APUs & PPUs, when we all know thats not the case. my point was that a well rounded team of every class could easily defeat an all monk team anyday, its fact

[B]
A sniper isn't essential in the least IMO. In op wars snipers aren't deadly, at least not to me. Snipers always end up being a nuisance instead of an actual real threat.

well thats youre opinion, and mostly because youre blinded by monk this and that...take for instance this scenario...4 spies way off in the distance all 4 targeting a enemy PPU, you get shot with 4 SH and tell me if thats not gonna hurt...of course thats a reach, but its still possible...dont underestimate snipers(or spies in general) man...dont ever, cause thats gonna be the day ones standing over youre dead body

[B]
I disagree, if their were more good roles then people will use them.

Sayign that "coincidently" no one happens to use any of these good roles is a bit........off.

If something is good and effective, it WILL end up being used. And vice versa, which is why we can tell that droners and melee tanks need a boost since hardly anyone plays them.

yea but when you make everything "good and effective" you get that cookie cutter effect...noone wants to make a sacrifice and just be that spy who goes in obliterated and says "ok team we got 6 enemy targets here, here and there etc etc" everyone wants to be that APU or Tank and thats why this game is so bland, for that very reason, its ok when I do eventually get back me and a friend are starting up a RP clan gonna devulge myself into the shit, have some fun of my own, fuck everyone else really...I mean thats what its about right? you, them, everyone only wants for themselves so ehhhh whatever......

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 19:58

dont think APU is the most powerful...HA you must be kidding...name any other weapon in this game that can copmpete with HL, youre just disagreeing to disagree(kinda like me :D)

Power isn't just about damage, otherwise ppus would be the weakest class in the game, and i'm sure EVERYONE will disagree with that.

Spies are needed cause like I said before noone ROLEPLAYS in a OP situation you all just want to kill or be killed, hence my strategy comment, and of course monks are needed its because 80% of server population in all monks...monks do the most dmg but really its only PPUs that are needed not APUs if theres no PPUs in an OP war even if it was all tanks against all APUs the outcome would still be unpredictiable......

wtf does "being needed" have to do with roleplay?

You can "roleplay" all you want, but the FACT<---- is that spies aren't needed except for hacking. :p If they are "needed" it's "nowhere" near as much as monks.

Yes I agree that apus aren't needed if there are no ppus, but how often do you see op wars without ppus? :p

Being useful and being "needed" are 2 different things btw.

You're arguing whether or not spies are useful, i'm arguing whether or not their "needed". 2 different things hun.

well thats youre opinion, and mostly because youre blinded by monk this and that...take for instance this scenario...4 spies way off in the distance all 4 targeting a enemy PPU, you get shot with 4 SH and tell me if thats not gonna hurt...of course thats a reach, but its still possible...dont underestimate snipers(or spies in general) man...dont ever, cause thats gonna be the day ones standing over youre dead body

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? DO YOU NOT LISTEN?

What do you mean blinded??? I said comments based on my experience. Maybe snipers 'PWNZERZ' in other servers or in wars i haven't been in, but i've been in alot of op wars and snipers have never been more than a nuisance, TO ME!<-----

I swear i can say "chicken tastes bad" and you'll disagree with me.

And when both armies are fighting each other, sometiems they get up close and inside each other and snipers have a very hard time "sniping " a fast ass moving target in a crowd.

I'm not under estimating them IMO, i'm quite aware of what their capable of outside of team battles. But in op wars, i just don't think their that great.

IMO<--------- :p

yea but when you make everything "good and effective" you get that cookie cutter effect...noone wants to make a sacrifice and just be that spy who goes in obliterated and says "ok team we got 6 enemy targets here, here and there etc etc" everyone wants to be that APU or Tank and thats why this game is so bland, for that very reason, its ok when I do eventually get back me and a friend are starting up a RP clan gonna devulge myself into the shit, have some fun of my own, fuck everyone else really...I mean thats what its about right? you, them, everyone
only wants for themselves so ehhhh whatever......

Make a sacrifice? lol. I'm not playing apu because it's "the shit" right now, or uber powerful or whatnot, i'm playing apu because it's my favorite class. I was one of the first apus on pluto when it truly became viable. It was after the hybrid nerf(i think) that apus started popping up like candy.

extract
21-09-03, 21:36
well I guess not everyone thinks like me...Im a strategist, I like to plan things, not just go ok everyone full speed at the others, Im the guy who in the back is going "ok you guys do this and you guys do that" not just saying "on my signal.....unleash hell" :P

In no way shape or form should you take my post as a guideline of the way things "should" be done...but also dont think just because you think someones role is insignificant that its not important....and snipers altho you may think are a nuisance in an OP war...he just took off 1/3 of youre health in one shot which makes it easy work for the real one you got to worry about...again these are all just thought up scenarios, nowhere did I say this is how things were run on the server I play on, but IMHO it would make for a much more interesting game...I mean everyone can agree the whole monk v monk combo is a bit played out an old...we need some full scale wars and shit to really get things cookin me thinks....

Shadow Dancer
22-09-03, 01:06
well I guess not everyone thinks like me...Im a strategist, I like to plan things, not just go ok everyone full speed at the others, Im the guy who in the back is going "ok you guys do this and you guys do that" not just saying "on my signal.....unleash hell" :P

That's totally irrelevant extract. Let me make this clear one "last" time. I'm not arguing whether or not other classes can be useful, i'm arguing whether or not other classes are "needed".

extract
22-09-03, 01:09
That's totally irrelevant extract. Let me make this clear one "last" time. I'm not arguing whether or not other classes can be useful, i'm arguing whether or not other classes are "needed".

well hell man why didnt you just say so from the beggining :P

element8
22-09-03, 03:00
whats that crazy looking armor all monks but myself are wearing? just wondering, i think the glowing eyes look cool :)

Jaenus
22-09-03, 08:49
Sorry for the late post, been away all weekend.

First thing to say is that I don't get a huge amount of time to play any more, and because of the timezone difference I have now its difficult to reroll my Pluto char.

I started my Monk just after I heard hybrids were coming to an end. Didn't really phase me as I was only changing to an APU since I'd never _ever_ played a monk before. Just wanted to see what the fuss was about :)

Over the past couple of months I've seen more and more people rerolling to Monks dispite the nerf on hybrids, almost always APU until high level then maybe lom to PPU. With the current spate of PPUs there is almost always one to watch your APUs back when you're leveling or what not.

To be fair they are good fun to play but tbh I find myself playing my Pluto char less now (even at rank 44/49) since I simply can't be bothered running into Chaos Caves all afternoon. This is partly because, being in west USA, when I get home from work there is a lot less people on. But its also because I like playing my PEs/Spies on Saturn more :)

Basically monks are fun, but so popular now that parts for things like PSI Cores and DS' are so hard to get hold of I either need a clan (no point I dont have the time) or do Cave runs for weeks :p

PEs, Spies and Tanks are harder to shoot with and perhaps harder to set up if you don't have time to experiment with stats. (You don't see Tanks with a reduction in HC if they have melee...)
But the main advantage to being non-monk is that all these now-monks have weapons etc they need to sell/trade to get their ever so important imps. People should take advantage of this more :lol:

Note: I would roll a PE/Spy on Pluto again if someone I knew was online at the time. Its usually 2am GMT when I get on!

GurTjaN
22-09-03, 09:14
with my apu i lvl in swamp cave with a fried of mine whos ppu sometimes i do over 1000 damage on slimeworms and sometimes 900 damage on a flapper with hl and damage now is that sick or what ?