PDA

View Full Version : TG are gimped for SL gain

hnlecter
21-09-03, 02:42
If you haven't noticed TG is the HARDEST faction to gain SL and is the only except FA that can not do agressor missions. Now I understand that TG doesn't care about city monster problems, but come on. The monsters you have to hunt are no where as easy as agressor missions or FA bot missions. You take 10 minutes to do maybe two missions while it someone in another faction can get 0 in that time even ppus.

Now what I am suggesting is this- make one of the TG caves like the agressor sewers with lots of one type spawn for missions.

Or do something bigger and give TG agressor captian missions as a temporary fix.

The current situation is out of hand SL is now a bitch to gain and TGs have the hardest way to gain SL. TGs really need to get some way to gain SL fast like everyone else.

Alamais
21-09-03, 02:45
Soon (tm) TG's won't need to worry about SL at all when DoY comes out. They won't have any need to even go near NC except to try and "liberate" the citizens there.

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 02:45
I agree.

Also it might not be so bad if the "criminal" path was realisticly viable. I'd love to have to stay out of neocron and be a criminal in the wastes with -100 SL. But losing 300 items on death and having no safeslot is a bit too much.

hnlecter
21-09-03, 02:46
I don't get what you mean by not needing SL, even in DOY and wastelands you lose SL from killing people.

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 02:51
Hmmm.. what about if you have highly negative SL, current belt drops apply (the five items) in cities themselves ( Neocron (in their hunting zones) , Tech Haven (they're civilized - so they don't look kindly upon criminals), and Military Base) but out in outdoor anarchy and hunting zones, people with bad SL only lose 2 items?

That way, cities get special status as harsh places for criminals to dare tread, but the outdoors are a safer free-for-all for criminals to live? TG Canyon and DoY gets the 2 items loss in belt rule (outdoor anarchy area) because they're less concerned about law.

Jolt
21-09-03, 02:52
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I agree.

Also it might not be so bad if the "criminal" path was realisticly viable. I'd love to have to stay out of neocron and be a criminal in the wastes with -100 SL. But losing 300 items on death and having no safeslot is a bit too much.

Ya id like to see something changed about losing items with really negative soullight. Maybe just lose the safeslot and drop only 1 item.

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 02:56
As long as the droprate is the way it is now no one in their right mind will risk losing their rare so incredibly easily, especially when this game is so prone to synchs and crashing. I know I synch/crash like 20 times a day(ok not 20, but you get the point), i wouldn't even bother with it.

I'd rather have a safeslot and deal with some other negative, maybe like below 30 SL you can't be buffed or healed by other people.

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 03:15
why would that work, shadow?

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 03:22
Originally posted by Heavyporker
why would that work, shadow?

I dunno it just sounds cool and sort of fits the "lone dangerous murderer" mystique. :p

Also you can't just stick a ppu to your ass and "ensure" escape or victory.

Imagine seeing "XXX" the murderer at crp, that would be 1337.

SORT of like Ultima Online, but UO had a much much worse penalty.

hnlecter
21-09-03, 03:25
There needs to be areas around and near DOY maybe where SL does not matter since it is lawless. Like all of DOY and NE of the map SL does not matter.

Delloda
21-09-03, 03:38
na...easy level delivery missions are quicker and gain sl and symps quite effectively and quicker than agressor missions.

Q`alooaith
21-09-03, 03:39
Why does everyone think DoY will welcome murder's with open arms?

I think PKer's are going to get a shock when they wander into DoY and find SL guards to kick their butt's for killing allies, right now the SL system means there's no real reason to have super low SL without killing allies, and in self defence sit's you just leg it after the first so no mega low SL..

DoY will not like the riff raff, they are not barbarian's they want people to be able to live in peace without having to watch out for somone looking to kill em...

Scikar
21-09-03, 03:42
Reza's propaganda. It's pretty effective on city folk - look how many people refer to TGs as 'terrorists.' The fact that they are living under a dictatorship and we're fighting for democracy and a fair rule is lost on them. I mean, they wonder why the CopBots hardly protect them, and none of them realise it's because CopBots don't protect Neocron or its citizens, only Lioon Reza.

BlackPrince
21-09-03, 03:46
TG should raise their SL by killing City aligned factions, and vice versa.*

* Granted this should be only to a certain extent, as well as the runner must be within 10 levels of the other runner to limit its abuse. Hey, its neocron, its not like exploitation and abuse are new here, mmkay? So lets just move past that because no matter what we do, they will always find someone to exploit/abuse it. Might as well have our fun while they're doing it.

Q`alooaith
21-09-03, 03:56
I'd like to point out again..

No one likes a crook, and a murder less so..

If you've got low SL it's by doing bad things, not killing your foe's but freinds and neutrals..

And so, low SL should carry punishment for all, rember, DoY are not animals they don't like people who go about killing allies and such, as these people are unstable and thus a risk to the Dome..

Rember, you can't be a good killer, your always hated for killing, and if you kill your freinds then your allies think your insane and hate you for it..

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 04:09
bravo, q'alooaith

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 04:13
I wish their were wasteland huts or apartments for murderers.

Q`alooaith
21-09-03, 04:13
bravo, q'alooaith

I'm Q`alooaith, I'm not Q'alooaith....

or are we one and that same, or did Q move on and leave off to let anther carry the flame forward...

point is, it don't matter to me if you kill people your hostile to, as you won't lose SL, but losing SL mean's you've been bad and as such should not be trusted..

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 04:15
ok... you've lost me, Q. Go haunt Captian Picard :p

There are wasteland villages and such. All you gotta do is occupy them. No privacy or safety for you, but that's the price you pay.

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 04:17
ok... you've lost me, Q. Go haunt Captian Picard :p

rofl

There are wasteland villages and such. All you gotta do is occupy them. No privacy or safety for you, but that's the price you pay.

I meant that you can GR to, and has a gogo at least.

I like the idea of there being no protection that would be cool.

Q`alooaith
21-09-03, 04:20
How dare you compair me to a Q, such beings are mear children compaired to myself....

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 04:22
Hm, there's a gogo at Point Red, Crest Village, El Farid Village and El Farid Oasis, Educador Oasis.

Public GRs are still usable to you, so don't complain. Be glad that NExT doesn't delete your replication structure data.

Don't expect to have everything handed to you. ESPECIALLY if you're gonna go out and be criminal.

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 04:27
Hm, there's a gogo at Point Red, Crest Village, El Farid Village and El Farid Oasis, Educador Oasis.

Hrmm, so you're suggesting no apt for TEH murderers?

That could work. It would heighten the danger too.

Be glad that NExT doesn't delete your replication structure data.

lmao

Isn't NEXT a business? So why would it care? I mean if I kill people isnt' that more business for NEXT? :p

Don't expect to have everything handed to you.

I don't, if I did I wouldn't have suggested murderers not being able to be buffed by people.

KimmyG
21-09-03, 06:51
Your a n00b TG are the easiest to gain SL.

mdares
22-09-03, 00:47
i say we scrap the whole SL system... >=)

Q`alooaith
22-09-03, 03:23
Originally posted by mdares
i say we scrap the whole SL system... >=)

throw's over firproof suit...

you might need that for all them other ppl...

maybe scrap SL for neptune, but not current servers..