PDA

View Full Version : 9mm pistol change.

Judge
21-09-03, 01:32
I was watching matrix, you know the part where apoc and switch are filling special ops guys with lead?

Well I was watching this and thinking about how it would compare to a gunfight in neocron. Switch is using a 9mm, point shoot, point shoot. Whereas Apoc is using an Uzi, firing a burst that is killing about as many enemies, just with a different (and less accurate) style.

Now what I was thinking was to give 9mm pistols the no-reticle aim of monks, 9mm's do shite damage anyway and have shite range, so I don't think that this would make them unbalanced, just on par with Uzi's of a similar level (I'm not saying that Wyatt should be as good as Libby as they are quite a distance apart).

What are your thoughts?

Smugly
21-09-03, 01:36
Am I to interprete then that it would be aim over the target with the cursor, point, click, instant hit ala traditional FPS stylee?

Q`alooaith
21-09-03, 01:37
so how would you handle them.. always hit even if your running full tilt.. what about cover do they still need LoS..

I say give Psi a retical, just so we know when we're in range..

pistol's need it so you can tell if your in range..

Judge
21-09-03, 01:43
Hmmm... running would have to change it definitely.

And they would have to have LoS to hit.

Rade
21-09-03, 01:45
Its been suggested a few times that pistols should get droner/psi aiming. I dont agree with that tho, the aiming should be vastly enhanced, but keep the reticle system.

Keiron
21-09-03, 01:50
I kind of like the idea. I would certainly add flavor to the game. I'd go for it.

QuantumDelta
21-09-03, 01:54
Originally posted by Rade
Its been suggested a few times that pistols should get droner/psi aiming. I dont agree with that tho, the aiming should be vastly enhanced, but keep the reticle system.

Those are pretty much my sentiments...