PDA

View Full Version : another patch post

ambrsia
21-09-03, 01:01
you know why people get so pissed off with reakktor when they dont fix aicent bugs or realy listen to us
???

because this game is ours it's like our child and we get pissed off when reakktor dont sort things out with it.

old bug's that have been there sinse retail, no i dont know all these bugs but hell why does it still crash?

why did they use such an out dated and shit engine?

fuck knows

i see so many good posts for ideas in neocron but hardly any of them ever get taken up and used.

Lucjan
21-09-03, 01:05
They are going with some graphical boosts with DoY...

...and hopefully some bug fixes, but I somehow can't convince myself to believe that.

csh1
21-09-03, 01:06
can i say......DELETE THIS POST MR MOD!

ambrsia
21-09-03, 01:07
[Don't Flame Please - Ulle]

athon
21-09-03, 01:13
Originally posted by ambrsia
you know why people get so pissed off with reakktor when they dont fix aicent bugs or realy listen to us
???

because this game is ours it's like our child and we get pissed off when reakktor dont sort things out with it.

old bug's that have been there sinse retail, no i dont know all these bugs but hell why does it still crash?

fuck knows

i see so many good posts for ideas in neocron but hardly any of them ever get taken up and used.

This game is not ours, it is Reaktor's. They do what they choose to do with it. Yes they will obviously try to do things that keep people playing, but they are only a small team and can only do so much at once.

And what is this 'Reaktor don't listen to us' shit. It is not true - the last few patches alone show that. Just because brainport items don't get implemented the patch after they are posted, or it takes a while to code a runner owned shop system, that does not mean they are not listening to us. This argument is outdated and shit.

I would not call the engine out dated and shit. Yes it is 2 years old. Yes the graphics aren't brilliant, but the gameplay, imo, is excellent. If you don't like the game go and play something else.

Athon Solo

BlackDove
21-09-03, 01:14

money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money

Not too much of it, they have.

ambrsia
21-09-03, 01:15
god damit

anyone who complains just get's told to play something else.

and the engine is 2 years old!!

fuck

just...fuck

BlackDove
21-09-03, 01:16
Yes, using that intensive helps the situation.

ambrsia
21-09-03, 01:18
erm..

money?

ok let me see, how much does it cost to run a pc?

and if a coder worked for no money.

well if i could code, and worked for kk well if it meant making the game better i would work voluntry.

just like the manager of the jordan f1 team.

i forget his name.

BlackDove
21-09-03, 01:21
Neocron isn't Reakktors main project. Then again I'll take any engine I can grab.

ambrsia
21-09-03, 01:25
heh but when kk releases DoY(that is what your talking about?)

well it's bound to have bugs and then they will be fixing thoese,
hopfully they will fix any bugs and not leave them be as in nc,
but that means that nc will be on the back bench.

so is nc screwed indefinately?

jernau
21-09-03, 01:27
god damit

anyone who complains just get's told to play something else.

and the engine is 2 years old!!

fuck

just...fuck

It's a lot older than that if you are talking about the core engine they started with.

Are you aware though that most MMORPGs take ~4 years to hit retail? If you have a copy of 2007s top graphics engine lying about someplace then I'm sure MJS would love a copy (as would I). If not then please STFU.

jernau
21-09-03, 01:29
Originally posted by jernau
It's a lot older than that if you are talking about the core engine they started with.

Are you aware though that most MMORPGs take ~4 years to hit retail? If you have a copy of 2007s top graphics engine lying about someplace then I'm sure MJS would love a copy (as would I). If not then please STFU.

/edit - Jordan is run by Eddie Jordan - there's in a hint in the name why he doesn't want/need a salary.;)

Smugly
21-09-03, 01:31
Everread a EULA? One of the core aspects of it is that you haven't bought the software so much as a liscence to use it. Which annoys me when I look at my shelf and see the various games thereabouts. My games damn you..... still that's not going hold up in court I bet.... (sigh)

And a patch would be nice. But I'm not demanding anything. If I get fed up with the game, cancellation of my account is just a few mouse clicks away.

ambrsia
21-09-03, 01:32
oi quit that flaming right now!
i dont want any of that geeky shit in this post from now on period!

and 2007?

enlighten me, dont know what that is.

but hell the quake 2 engine can handle more polys than nc.

i guess.

no i dont know for sure actually fuck q2

unreal tournament k.

with 300 bots on screen at 1 time a bit jumpy.

about the same as with nc when it has only 27 or so people on the screen.

Smugly
21-09-03, 01:33
Originally posted by BlackDove
Neocron isn't Reakktors main project. Then again I'll take any engine I can grab.

So what is? I'm curious, I heard they made a submarine game but never saw anything on their webpage about what else they were doing. ALthough to be fair, it was fairly corporate styled, lacking nice flashy interfaces to get me staring at things.

ambrsia
21-09-03, 01:34
eula?

i aint talking about physical owenership here i mean it in an emotional aspect,

this game, it 's a part of us.

jernau
21-09-03, 01:35
oi quit that flaming right now!
i dont want any of that geeky shit in this post from now on period!

and 2007?

enlighten me, dont know what that is.

but hell the quake 2 engine can handle more polys than nc.

i guess.

no i dont know for sure actually fuck q2

unreal tournament k.

with 300 bots on screen at 1 time a bit jumpy.

about the same as with nc when it has only 27 or so people on the screen.

I can't make anything out of 80% of that but if by "geeky shit" you mean actually knowing what I'm talking about then I have no intention of stopping. I will however leave this daft thread alone now and hope it sinks fast.

ambrsia
21-09-03, 01:40
sorry my bad.

ok.
here

nc ok

could not, and i repate "not" handle as much on screen as
unreal tornament.
ok

do you under stand that.

and correct me if i'm wrong but didnt nc come out after ut?

nc=neocron
ok?
and ut=unreal tornament

Judge
21-09-03, 01:42
lmao jernau, you tell him :D

Personally I like Neocrons graphics. I wouldn't want Neocron to have UT2k3's graphics as it wouldn't fit the game.

The only issue is really the FPS, which I don't know much about.

But of course they don't listen to us do they? (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75236)

Oh and this isn't them listening to us either. (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75151)

Nidhogg
21-09-03, 01:43
How many times do you have to be told that the dynamically changeable world of a MMORPG (with all it's characters, stats, weapons, items, etc. etc) is a completely different kettle of fish to a fixed world of an FPS? They're not the same ball-game, hell they're not even the same sport!

Anyway, as per all the other recent patch threads, this one is closed. The patch will be out when it's out.

N