PDA

View Full Version : GLIDERS HIT RETAIL!!!

Rizzy
21-09-03, 00:32
ok its not a glider, just a funny bug :)

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/shot0624.JPG
http://hosting.jappi.com/BeAsT/Neocron%20Retail%20screen%20shots/ccbb2.jpg
http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/shot0626.JPG
http://hosting.jappi.com/BeAsT/Neocron%20Retail%20screen%20shots/ccbb1.jpg

Oh , sorry for the big screens but i dont want to resize them :p

QuantumDelta
21-09-03, 00:35
Reminds me of tribes2 o_O

nonamebrandeggs
21-09-03, 00:35
Rofl, how did you manage to get it in that tree/wall thing? Some zoning bug?

Rizzy
21-09-03, 00:37
Im not in a tree or wall, i was in the air, i drove to the genrep then it suddenly fell out the sky lol

EDIT: Gotta love my freezer cannon

RuButt
21-09-03, 00:56
OMG ITS RIZZZEH TTTEH HAXXX0RZ!!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!

WROOOOOM!!!!

'I JUST FELL FRAM TEH SKI!!!'

YA RITEEE!!!! LOLOLOL!

i miss the rank bug, i remember when itth was a like, 120/53 tank for like 2 weeks....lol

Smugly
21-09-03, 00:58
Gah! Got me all hopeful there for a moment.........

Rade
21-09-03, 00:58
While we are talking about gliders, does anyone understand the logic behind them being based on int and not dex?

Itth
21-09-03, 01:05
Originally posted by RuButt

i miss the rank bug, i remember when itth was a like, 120/53 tank for like 2 weeks....lol

ah.. TEH MEMOREEWS!!

people thought i was capped (back then: being capped = uber l33t hax0r) AND I PAWNED EVEREEONWE IN NEOFRAG!!!!11111111

EDIT: gotta luagh at the setup i had back then (8 months ago?)

0enr resist
0fir resist
15 xray resist

like 120 base HLT (rofl..)

and 240 MC and 120 HC or summing like that :P i was uber

Smugly
21-09-03, 01:19
Originally posted by Rade
While we are talking about gliders, does anyone understand the logic behind them being based on int and not dex?

Actually yes I think I do. Ever read a flight sim manual? I'd imagine understanding the principles of flight would be highly important to any pilot of an airborn vehicle, and such understanding would be more demanding of intelligence rather than reflexes. The dynamics of lift and thrust and the understanding of the effects being airborn has on a vehicle are something a real life pilot has to study before being allowed into the air.

Rade
21-09-03, 01:24
Yeah my brother is a helicopter pilot so I know how advanced that is, however, have you ever flown a hang-glider or anything of the like? Its just about motorics, getting a feel for the wind. It has absolutely zero to do with thinking.

Then again I wouldnt accuse my brother of being smart, hes not slow either just.. average. *shrug*

Smugly
21-09-03, 01:26
To be honest no I've never flown a hanglider (fear of ground rushing up quickly to meet me you understand) . But I'm hoping that Neocron Gliders will be a leetle more advanced than a hang glider. I don't relish the thought of having to go to Canyon to find a cliff high enough to jump off to start flying......

Rade
21-09-03, 01:32
From what ive seen they are hang-gliders with a motor, dont remember what theyre called in english but those exist now. You can take off from the ground with one of those i believe, never it or talked to anyone who tried it tho.

Smugly
21-09-03, 01:39
That's depressing....... no Mechs.... Gliders are small flying tents.... next you'll be telling me the rocket trike is really a toddlers tricycle with a big hollow stick on the front.......

I was under the impession it was going to be some kind of hovering bomber craft, but clearly I was mistaken. Ah well, back to Tribes 2.

Q`alooaith
21-09-03, 01:44
ultra light's, or some such..

glider's are pretty easy to take off, it's just keeping them up and not crashing into the hard stuff that's hard..

Tha BeAsT
21-09-03, 02:03
http://hosting.jappi.com/BeAsT/Neocron%20Test%20Server%20screen%20shots/shot0031.jpg
here is a old bug also

Scikar
21-09-03, 02:12

Yes. To stop PEs leeching them off spies like they've leeched every other cool toy spies ever got except construction.

Clownst0pper
21-09-03, 02:31
Then again I wouldnt accuse my brother of being smart, hes not slow either just.. average. *shrug*

highly ignorant....Perhaps you should look at yourself..You think gliding involves no thought? then perhaps to fly a glider he needs no brain..Of course its all reflexes, jesus...

mehirc
21-09-03, 03:01
Hoverbikes can fly as well :lol:

http://home.arcor.de/abc_mystic/hover.jpg

Rade
21-09-03, 10:36
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
highly ignorant....Perhaps you should look at yourself..You think gliding involves no thought? then perhaps to fly a glider he needs no brain..Of course its all reflexes, jesus...

Exactly what are you replying to? My brother is a helicopter pilot, he is no einstein but hes not stupid either, hes pretty average. I never talked about him flying a hangglider, I dont think hes ever tried that but I could be wrong. If something in my post confuses you then speak up so we can get it sorted out.

Originally posted by Scikar
Yes. To stop PEs leeching them off spies like they've leeched every other cool toy spies ever got except construction.

But its ok for monks to leech on them? Regardless of that, it would be nice to see some kind of realism tied into the balance fixes KK implement. Imo this is just as stupid as implementing a some bigass shouldermounted cannon that ignores PPU defences and then make it a dex weapon based on pistol combat. See the problem?

VVerevvolf
21-09-03, 11:09
Because then even tanks would be able to fly gliders?
Maybe a mixture of Int and Dex would be a good solution, so only spies and pes can use it... the bombers and air carriers reqs are ok, they require a fairly high amount of Int (was something around 90 if I remember correctly), and I think thats perfectly alright because to fly a bomber you have to know the function of each of those 100000 control panels :D

Rade
21-09-03, 11:14
Imo the bomber should be for spies only, and the regular glider for Spies and PEs. I wont be able to use neither, but making em for spies and monks is just silly.

Rizzy
21-09-03, 11:16
Monks cant use all the gliders.

Rieper
21-09-03, 16:03
monks can use the first and second level of gliders. thats it :)

Rade
21-09-03, 16:12
Am I the only one that thinks its weird that the gliders are for monks but not for PEs? Wizards with hanggliders? Gimme a break.

Rieper
21-09-03, 16:16
PEs can use them, just need to gimp themselves loads

Scikar
21-09-03, 16:34
Am I the only one that thinks its weird that the gliders are for monks but not for PEs? Wizards with hanggliders? Gimme a break.

GIMPED wizards. A monk who wants to fly a glider is going to have practically no agility, and monks don't have the con for athletics.

Why can't you just accept, for once, that some things are meant to be used for spies only? You're a JOAT, remember? Oh that's right, JOAT means you get to use everything good about spies but still have better defence than a tank. :rolleyes:

Rade
21-09-03, 16:53
Did you miss the part where I said that Im not going to use it or are you just trying real hard to be an ass anyway? I dont give a flying fuck if _I_ can use it or not. I want it to be for Spies and possibly PEs, but not for monks.

Rieper
21-09-03, 17:13
umm.. my monk can use the level 1 glider.. and still hit the softcap for runspeed.. considering hes a ppu the small hit on con isnt a big problem.

Magnazan
21-09-03, 17:14
There is no wall?!

Leebzie
21-09-03, 17:42
ummm was that screenie about that rank 127/xx...
because i got that about 2 days ago :wtf:

oh and about gliders... well , its kinda stupid. i mean , someone who can drive a tank and a troop carrier really shouldnt have trouble with a microlite thingy... of course it starts the whole debate of "should there be a piloting skill" because when you think about it , using a bomber is nothing like using a tank.

but if there is going to be VHC based glider REQ's the best gliders should be little above tank / troop carrier requirements. Otherwise it again it screws PE's over for a new object. again.
(i have 65 VHC and if i cant use big glider thingys , its going cause im not staying gimped for the low end gear of another class)

and new objects add more life to a game.

Jaggeh
21-09-03, 17:57
OMG HAX

http://www.boards.ie/members/jaggeh/ccbb1.jpg

Rizzy
21-09-03, 17:59
CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG!

Whiety Bulger
21-09-03, 18:01
Rizzy is thre God of Tg on saturn so he can fly