PDA

View Full Version : hey remember when....

dbomb
20-09-03, 21:01
remember when dome of york was supposed to come out in april 2003?

CryptoChronic
20-09-03, 21:04
[Don't Spam Please - Ulle]

Tratos
20-09-03, 21:07
Yes i do, but this probably is spam, and because of..THIS (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75746) .. you'll be having a nice 3 days.

~T

Opiate
21-09-03, 01:25
I don't recall hearing april 2003 as a release date...

...wasn't 2002 the year it was supposed to be released?

/sarcasm off

The release of DoY doesn't seem to be a technical decision anymore, it's a political decision now. If KK manages to strike a deal with a decent publisher, we can expect DoY within a reasonable time.

What worries me a bit is the amount of unpublished features on the testserver, they indicate a release of a big patch soon. But we all know how bad it is to try and push a big patch like this, even though there are some good reason to get a patch out ASAP.

IceStorm
21-09-03, 04:24
But we all know how bad it is to try and push a big patch like this, even though there are some good reason to get a patch out ASAP.
It would be nice if they would do small patches to fix interim problems, like no Special Rigger's Interface drops, something more than just the single hotfix patches we get right after the main big patch.

I can see why their sense of time is distorted. Programmers seem to get like that :-) . I guess it doesn't really matter as long as the playerbase keeps paying. I've taken the past couple weeks off from serious gameplay to play TRON 2.0 and work on a couple other things. I figure by the time they put in the next patch, I'll be ready to go back.

Still, it would be nice to have the option of obtaining Spy PA, hunting for low techs, getting a boost to Research from my existing Adv Nerves 3, and getting to use Machina gloves sometime before October. DoY I can wait on, but little things like what has been popping up on the test server (two patches ago) would be nice.