PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Ppu Nerf (only Its Not A Nerf)

REMUS
20-09-03, 19:00
Maybe this is a good idea, maybe its not, but wouldnt makeing all shelters and deflectors self cast improve the situation so much?

ppus would still be able to heal and cast all the health and weapon buffs and keep there extremely hard to kill appeal.

on AND KwerIIL the HoPOLLy Pawra lEG nerfaGE

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 19:02
Don't know, as I said before I don't see how you can balance the ppu without destroying the class.

I mean if you make s/d self/cast, there's not much else for him to do.

REMUS
20-09-03, 19:03
hmmm maybe make the shelter 75% as powerful as the one the ppu casts on himself? or somthing like that?

ericdraven
20-09-03, 19:04
Originally posted by REMUS
hmmm maybe make the shelter 75% as powerful as the one the ppu casts on himself? or somthing like that?
Make it 50%! ;)

enigma_b17
20-09-03, 19:06

that was already nerfed.....shelters and deflectors cast on other runners are now only 50% as strong as the ones the ppu casts on him/her self

REMUS
20-09-03, 19:07
so what do you think? i reckon that my idea is great lolz :D ppus maintain there ability to create a great team yet a team with a ppu will not beat a team without a ppu 7/10 fights.

I R TEH UBER me>everyone whineing about ppuz :D :D :D

Originally posted by enigma_b17
that was already nerfed.....shelters and deflectors cast on other runners are now only 50% as strong as the ones the ppu casts on him/her self

i thought that was when you put def ontop of shelter? or we could make ppus only able to cast on other ppl? but that would be ghey really since 2 ppus could keep each other alive

EDIT: and like enigma said that would mean no offence and no defence, my idea would allow ppus to continue there role without utter nerfage

FBI
20-09-03, 19:07
maybe PPUs should only be able to cast on other people and not
them selves as they are a support role and in every game the medic
is easily killed.

just a thought, although my ppu wouldnt like this.

FBI

enigma_b17
20-09-03, 19:08
maybe PPUs should only be able to cast on other people and not

lol, so u would propose that u give a ppu no offence and no defence? come on lol

REMUS
20-09-03, 19:12
but as a ppu what do you think about shelter+deflector being self cast only?

enigma_b17
20-09-03, 19:12
by that do u mean that the ppu cant cast on other ppl?

REMUS
20-09-03, 19:14
either that or the shelter cast on other people would have a decreased effect, say between 50-75% as powerful as the one that the ppu can cast on him/herself

FBI
20-09-03, 19:15
This would make PE's look lovely as they will be the secondary
PPU's with shelter.

no way.

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 19:15
PPU's role should be changed perhaps.

See i don't like the "But we have no Offense!" excuse, because people take it too far to justify all sorts of shizzle.

What about making ppus master of buffs and "summoning"? You can't just take away his ability to buff other people, and that's it. IMO for every "tone down" you give them, you shuold give them some other type of boost.

Perhaps they would be only able to boost their minions?

REMUS
20-09-03, 19:17
not really a holy shelter is still going to be a hell of alot better than a stupid psi 25 shelter FBI, this type of nerf/balence to apply to all shelters/deflectors not just ppu cast ones.

REMUS
20-09-03, 19:19
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
PPU's role should be changed perhaps.

See i don't like the "But we have no Offense!" excuse, because people take it too far to justify all sorts of shizzle.

What about making ppus master of buffs and "summoning"? You can't just take away his ability to buff other people, and that's it. IMO for every "tone down" you give them, you shuold give them some other type of boost.

Perhaps they would be only able to boost their minions?

but what can we give them? we cant give them offencive ability becuase they would be able to pk so easily unless we bashed there defences, buffing there minions??? do you mean sc? or ppl in there clan? either way that doesnt solve anything.

EDIT: BOLLUCKS dbl post sry :(

Sleawer
20-09-03, 19:22
You gonna get flammed for that idea FBI... but I just agree with you.

Give ppu's offence.. a class with no offence is pointless in this game; and then make shields only casted on other people.

Buffs and heals could be casted on others and selfcast aswell.

An example of ppu offence:

- PPU as summoner: he can summon a creture and command it
- Domination: psi skills are the mind control, and while you cannot cast domination on other players, a passive psi user could take control of a simple mind, like a mob, and use it as his creture.

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 19:25
I'm gonna have to disagree here. He should have some type of higher form of defense. I would make shields give their full protection on other people, remove holy shelter, and keep blessed buffs rather than making the ppu unable to buff himself at all.

And yea Slewer that's sort of what I was thinking of as well.(about the summonzerz)

REMUS
20-09-03, 19:26
Maybe we could introduce some ppu only buffs that are self cast only that do some thing like add +50 h-c / p-c / m-c / r-c so they can use a decent weapon and decrease heal and make the spells harder to cap? or some way of reduceing ppu defence in exchange for offence

Sleawer
20-09-03, 19:26
Hm ok, keep shields in ppu's aswell, but reduce drastically the effectiveness and give offence.

Also give the team a way to protect the ppu effectively.

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 19:27
Here's the problem.

You start giving them some offense, then they are no longer ppu IMO. They wouldn't be a PURE passive user. That's what I mean by destroyign the class. Because the PPU wouldn't exist, just that new modification that you made.

Btw shouldn't it be pppu? Pure Passive Psi User?

Sleawer
20-09-03, 19:31
Passive doesnt mean pure deffence... as agressive monks could take some self defence spells like vampire attacks, or fire bubles.

Imo a way to not killing the team support role of ppu's, and still make them viable in the game, would be give them some offence, but taking away that idea of having the best defence in the game.

PPU's have the best team support in the game... aside this, you can balance the class as you like, and still keep the passive tag perfectly.

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 19:32
Originally posted by Sleawer
Passive doesnt mean pure deffence... as agressive monks could take some self defence spells like vampire attacks, or fire bubles.

Imo a way to not killing the team support role of ppu's, and still make them viable in the game, would be give them some offence, but taking away that idea of having the best defence in the game.

PPU's have the best team support in the game... aside this, you can balance the class as you like.

I guess if you could give them a passive form of attacking(minions and such) then they would still be PPU.

I love the idea. And people without a PPU would actually stand a chance!!! OMGKOSWTF

Sleawer
20-09-03, 19:34
Did you read the idea of making the summoner viable in fights, or even in duels without unbalance them?

With a little tweak I think it could work.

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 19:35
Originally posted by Sleawer

With a little tweak I think it could work.

Me too, but i don't like to think about it because I think there's as much a chance of KK doing it as of me getting a girlfriend. :eek:

Scikar
20-09-03, 19:38
If they were truly passive, parashock wouldn't exist.

REMUS
20-09-03, 19:43
basically making sheilds self cast only or making sheilds cast on other people with a decreased damaged absorbtion is the simplest way to balence the class.

also removeing damage from parashock and soul cluster wouldnt be a bad idea BUT THATS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT IF U WANT TO TALK ABOUT THAT POST IN SHADOWS PARA THREAD :angel:

EDIT: what the hell else can we do to balaence the class appart from that? nothing is the answear im betting on.

Making poll now :D ISWDA will be there in force

Benjie
20-09-03, 19:50
Make Shelter and Deflector Area Weapons
Would make life easier for PvM.
Would take away the PvP probs.
(you couldn't buff one without buffing the other)

Nuff said rlly. *steps into a block of ice to prolong the flaaaaames*

Sleawer
20-09-03, 19:52
If you make shields self cast, you are taking away the biggest part of the support role of ppu's. And decreasing more the shields would render them to the uselesness.

The ppu shouldnt be the hardest char to kill... no char should have that awesome support role, and still being unable to neutralize by normal means.

You would end with a char who cannot keep his team alive properly, but is the last man standing.

The ppu has to be protected by its team, and he has to reward the team with his powers for keeping him alive.
The oppossite team has to concentrate in open a breach in the ppu team, and spies and PE's should concetrate in attacking the ppu's.

Now everything is messed, and needs to be fixed.

Scikar
20-09-03, 20:57
I think shelters should be cast on others only, but ppus will need a method of redirecting damage. The ppu is going to be the first target of any attacker. In a balanced fight the ppu would hide behind his team wherever possible. Well basically it should be made more difficult to break through and kill the ppu (fights atm tend to turn into a brawl, which doesn't protect the ppu much. But the ppu should be able to spawn other creatures, personally a think a Pokemon system would actually work. I know "Giant Hoverbomber, I choose YOU!" isn't great but imagine unleashing something like that into a crowd of enemies. Then the ppu would have to concentrate on his creature to keep it focussed, otherwise it might turn on him and team mates. But something like that would fit 'passive psi use' much better than being invulnerable.

enigma_b17
20-09-03, 21:04
so let me get this rite...u want to remove the defence of a char class who doesnt have any any viable means of offensive, dont think so

Scikar
20-09-03, 21:07
Originally posted by enigma_b17
so let me get this rite...u want to remove the defence of a char class who doesnt have any any viable means of offensive, dont think so

No, read again. Remove the shields, replace with some method of redirecting damage to your team, and add capability to use higher level and more varied mobs than Soul Clusters.

enigma_b17
20-09-03, 21:39
sounds interesting....but then again i dont think ppus need nerfing, apart from being able to cause damage

Oath
20-09-03, 21:55
i always said ppu's were balanced, i stick by that, holy paralysis while annoying as shit, isnt that good (cept in op fights :rolleyes: :D :lol: )

ppu's dont need nerfed. nor do apus. nor do PE's or spys or tanks, but they need to be sorted out a bit, see thread : Tanks built for combat but somwhow not very good at it :lol: :lol: :lol: joking.

Nerf the ones that want nerfs.

Btw i have a ppu (fucking hate him =p) and tbh i hate monks in general, they dont fit in my vision of neocron...........i want ebons :p :D :rolleyes: 8|