PDA

View Full Version : What did you think on the Kamikaze Chips?

Nvidia
20-09-03, 18:37
Just a question for those who got a chance to view the pics on those chips. If you haven't seen them, go down and look at Shadowdancer's post, click on Delloda's link, and go into the root directory of the website, they'll be there.

Anyways, How did you guys feel on them? Too overpowered? Makes you too weak? Will unbalance the game completely?
Any answers welcomed and appreciated.

EDIT: Noooo0o0o0o0!!! Delloda's link to the website has been ninja-edited! Ah well, I'd post the link, but I think they're gonna kill me too if I do :D

Rade
20-09-03, 18:42
kinda hard to discuss the stats without having the stats.

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 18:45
Not overpowered at all. The minus to defense is super huge.

I can already think of some great, fun, and interesting setups with the PSI kami chip. I think it gives a little more variety in setups and it will also be an interesting way to play the game.

I'm very excited about getting one. :p

ericdraven
20-09-03, 18:47
Arc then post the stats of those chips please.. or is it another thread which must not exist? :)

Opiate
20-09-03, 18:47
I won't comment on the exact stats they give now, as tehy're bound to change (I hope :p).

But I do think they're a very nice addition. It will break the cookie-cutter setups that exist now for sure :D

*ph33r*
20-09-03, 18:50
Can we please have a direct link to the images of these chips? (First time I've heard of em btw =x)

Nvidia
20-09-03, 18:52
Ok... I'm not going to post the link so I can be banned... Anyone who wants the link can PM me and I will gladly return your message. BTW, this same site has a pic of the Terminator and the Spy/PE Power Armor.

ericdraven
20-09-03, 19:11
*lol*

Nothing for capped chars i'd say.
I could still use all heavy belts with the PSI kamikaze chip, but what should i do with so much APU and PPW.. spells and pool are (nearly) capped anyway.. actually.. i could LOM it to PSI RESIST... :p

But for sure GREAT for mid-level players! :)

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 19:12
Originally posted by ericdraven
*lol*

Nothing for capped chars i'd say.
I could still use all heavy belts with the PSI kamikaze chip, but what should i do with so much APU and PPW.. spells and pool are (nearly) capped anyway.. actually.. i could LOM it to PSI RESIST... :p

But for sure GREAT for mid-level players! :)

psi core+ds+kami chip=50 free apu points without PPU penalty!
:eek:

If I calculated correctly, you can even cap spell damage and almost cap your pool using JUST the kami chip and no pa or other imps.
:eek: :eek:

It'll be fun to play around with at least, gives me something to do.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Psycho_Soldier
20-09-03, 19:15
The negative to resist is too much considering the RoF and dmg cap on heavy weapons. If the cap on RoF and dmg was taken off of the weapons, then I can see how it would be useful. I can't post much more about them because I forgot what else they looked like because I lost the link.

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-09-03, 19:16
thanks nvidia ;)

about the chips, I wouldent use one for myself, considering I cap hl and close to it on fa as it is.

I really don't see good use for theese chip's :(

ericdraven
20-09-03, 19:16
Yes, sure it will be fun with those chips! :)

PvP *and* PvM.. if you are hunting firemobs you can live without ENR/FOR.. (bad luck if someone tries to PK you tho, hehe :p)

Rade
20-09-03, 19:19
The problem with these chips are how negative resists work. Or rather doesnt work.

Im getting big red warning signs all over this.

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 19:19
Originally posted by Rade
The problem with these chips are how negative resists work. Or rather doesnt work.

Im getting big red warning signs all over this.

What do you mean SIR?

nonamebrandeggs
20-09-03, 19:27
I think he means how your resists don't go into the negatives, they only go to zero, so for a spy like myself I'd only be loosing about (I say about cuz I'm not telling how much energy I have ^_^) 40-70 energy, instead of 100.

*ph33r*
20-09-03, 19:28
The Kamikaze chips dont look too shabby... the minus points are abit over the top though I think :p

I love the PE PA stats too!

Rade
20-09-03, 19:29
A monk, with no energy resist, loses no energy resist from wearing the chip, so its just a free bazillion points. See the problem?

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 19:29
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
I think he means how your resists don't go into the negatives, they only go to zero, so for a spy like myself I'd only be loosing about (I say about cuz I'm not telling how much energy I have ^_^) 40-70 energy, instead of 100.

OMG

so?

It's not just energy either. The psi kami chip loses 100 piercing! It's quite possible for 1-2 bursts of any piercing weapon to kill me, now imagine liberator.......................................

I wonder if it takes away only ARMOR resists.

hrmmmm

Lucjan
20-09-03, 19:35
With a good PPU on your back and the holy spirit armor I can see some nice possibilites, just the the INT makes me think how to work around it as the 3" boosters dont give enought to abondon heavy belts...but with the INT gain raise and an almost INT capped APU...well...interesting :)

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 19:36
Originally posted by Rade
A monk, with no energy resist, loses no energy resist from wearing the chip, so its just a free bazillion points. See the problem?

Callash says it drains armor resist, that's what he said last time.

200 armor resist?

:eek:

I'm wondering if it's different for each chip, but he definitely said the monk chip drains energy armor.

Keiron
20-09-03, 19:37
Personaly I'd like to see KK put in negative skills (although that could really mess up their apu/ppu think KK has in now). That way the chips would really mean something.

KimmyG
20-09-03, 19:38
Cant comment on the chips yet cause from what the sounds of them are like you get alot of skill for loss of lots of resists. So right now most classes can cap out there weps with out slaughtering defence so if this is the case lame.

However if it is the other theory and the chips raise the caps on the items then hell yea we could finally have some class customization have have some differn't asspects than who has better reisists and better aim.

Lucjan
20-09-03, 19:49
Actually any discussion on these is somehow pointless unless we know from which resists these chips will drain:

1. from armor resists
2. from natural resists
3. from overall resists (armor resists and natural resists combined).

Q`alooaith
20-09-03, 20:03
Originally posted by Lucjan
Actually any discussion on these is somehow pointless unless we know from which resists these chips will drain:

1. from armor resists
2. from natural resists
3. from overall resists (armor resists and natural resists combined).

easy way to tell most time's.

If it say's energy -100 then it's armor, is it says resist energy -100 then it's the resist's..

if it says resistance though, well that's buggering up your armor and con setup..

Lucjan
20-09-03, 20:14
I that case I think I will like them even on my capped chars :)

Rade
20-09-03, 20:16
They give negative armor, I take back everything I said. I like em.

VVerevvolf
20-09-03, 20:25
Not useful at all.
They would become useful when they higher the rof and damage caps.
Otherwise, quite useless.

Q`alooaith
20-09-03, 20:36
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
Not useful at all.
They would become useful when they higher the rof and damage caps.
Otherwise, quite useless.

Ok, usless...

give a Tech pistol PE a judge and pistol kami chip..

what do you get, a PE able to get the Judge to near or capped...

think about it for some other items.. like holy pestilence..

Doom beamer..

RoG..

take a look's at them, pretty good stuff's..

Rade
20-09-03, 21:08
PEs could cap judge before. But I agree, they are far from
useless. I just figured out a setup with this chip and I will use it.

ezza
20-09-03, 21:39
do the chips drop as a whole or parts?

i think the monk kami looks good for the monks, but the killing spree tank chip although yeah nice with the bonus to heavy combat, but if a tank was wearing that and a holy light monk came along, Jesus, that tanks gonna hurt and badly.

Heavyporker
20-09-03, 21:42
Shadow, think you could cap the barrel rares with everything APU on?

Hell, you might even get decent RoF on the barrels finally if you had the kami, apu chips, and exp psi 3 (why not - you're gonna be gimped in the force department anyway) adding some serious PSU on... then you'd be apocalypse itself, I bet.

ZoneVortex
21-09-03, 07:57
My APU will be using a kami chip :D

I'm already totally kamikaze, only resist I have is poison so I can kamikaze cast holy pestilence :lol:

Nvidia
21-09-03, 08:12
Hmm... everyone else who wants to see them can stop PMing me, the website doesn't work anymore for some VERY strange reason :lol: Sorry folks... I guess since no one else can see em, might as well have the thread closed.

I'd appreciate a mod to close this thread please, thanks.

ZoneVortex
21-09-03, 08:32
Well that....stuff.....wasn't.....nevermind......in the first place....

:(

Close teh threeeead

ezza
21-09-03, 11:07
the sites moved thats all, the implants are now shown on the forum part of the website where it is now

JiNxY
21-09-03, 12:45
i also saved copies of the images incase they went "missing"

personally, i would of liked to see a rigger kami chip, it would benefit me alot, because ummm im dead if im found anyway lol, so it would boost my dmg quite nicely and i coulda lommed some RCL so i wasnt a total gimp.

so i guess thats why thei isnt one??
because we get too much benefit from it :(

Removed bitch about droners missing out again :p

ezza
21-09-03, 12:48
Originally posted by JiNxY
i also saved copies of the images incase they went "missing"

personally, i would of liked to see a rigger kami chip, it would benefit me alot, because ummm im dead if im found anyway lol, so it would boost my dmg quite nicely and i coulda lommed some RCL so i wasnt a total gimp.

so i guess thats why thei isnt one??
because we get too much benefit from it :(

Removed bitch about droners missing out again :p

nah they just dont care about droners:p

though if you look at the negative stats, as you say as a droner if your found your dead anyway, so really there is on down side to it if your a droner(if they had a droner chip that is) it would all be a bonus so thats proberbly why no droner chip, though having said that id still like to see a droner chip

Shadow Dancer
21-09-03, 16:31
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Shadow, think you could cap the barrel rares with everything APU on?

Hell, you might even get decent RoF on the barrels finally if you had the kami, apu chips, and exp psi 3 (why not - you're gonna be gimped in the force department anyway) adding some serious PSU on... then you'd be apocalypse itself, I bet.

i don't give a *beep* about the rare barrels. :p

I already have 2-3 setups i'm dying to try out. I WANT THESE CHIPS. :p

PsiCorps
21-09-03, 16:55
looks like the only take away armour, ill be using the killingspree with pure energy/xray and inq armour MUHAHAHAAHAHA