PDA

View Full Version : >>>> or * ?

X452
20-09-03, 14:22
ok

my rank is currently >>>> and i get nice drops from WB's, as soon as i hit * the drops dramaticly decreases

my m8 is * and he goes out and gets loads of rares from WB's???

question to KK....

is the drop rate tied to your rank? if it is.. is it the XX/ bit or the /xx bit??

if it isnt, what is it tied to?

thanks

RiX

darkvision4859
20-09-03, 14:28
I have decided that it's gotta be random.. I have tried many times with low and high Combat rank and got both low drops on high and high drops on high..

And the same for Lower Rank.

Even tried using a very low level spell once to see if I got more drops.. And hardly got any drops at all.

So..........

Heraclitus
20-09-03, 17:56
Lady Luck wasn't smiling on you is all. I'll take this opportunity to suugest that rare-drop rates be lowered even still. It should be not uncommon to see 1 in 20, but maybe every now and again you go a couple of days without seeing a rare. BUT I would like the other junk to more useful/valuable, but only somewhat.

darkvision4859
20-09-03, 18:28
I honestly think if that was the case about it being that low..

I would take all the fun out of everything.. People like to collect things. And in a game like this if you can't get the weapons and stuff that you want then people would get bored and frustrated.

As for me I don't think I could play the game anymore if in a couple of days I get like 1 or 2 rares. If I go out hunting and get like 5 or 6 rares I am pretty happy with that.. 1 or 2 and I'm just annoyed. Now imagine if I had to hunt for 2 days to get just 1 or 2.. Like no way. I just don't think I could do it. And not to mention the fact that most rares you get are useless and not the ones that you want. You only get the ones you want if you are very very lucky.

Heraclitus
20-09-03, 18:36
I went out Warbot hunting the other day, maybe for an hour, hour and a half. I killed about 20 Warbots and got 12 rareparts. I know that I was somehwhat lucky to get that many, but it's not horribly uncommon for me to get a 50% droprate on them. I'm not suggesting a drop to 1%, just a drop to 25-30%.

The fact that people like to collect things is the primary problem. There's nothing wrong with collecting, but a pervesion of collecting makes it "harvesting". As I've suggested elsewhere break up rare sets among 3 or more kind of mobs. As it stands now you could harvest Warbots for a few weeks and get 90% of the rareparts. Rares should be rare. You should have to go through hoops to get them (recently I spent about 30 minutes on Trade-NC to swap for 3 complete raresets). If the rare pool was broken up thusly I might not have any problem with the current droprate.

lullysing
20-09-03, 19:00
The problem with lowering the rares drop is simple : not everyone can hack. Not everyone can hunt the fire monsters. So if you can't hack for shit and you're not welcome in TG territory, what are you supposedto do? pray?

The drops are fine as is. the really bad thing is the POOL of existing rares. That's what is currently the problem.

QuantumDelta
20-09-03, 19:05
lllllloooooolllllllllll hera, your new to the game side is showing ^^;

Rares are basically required for PvP.
The rare pool is terribly dilute already.
Although you may bring home 12 rares in a hour and a half work - you actually brought home, two useful rares and one that can be traded, the rest are absolutely useless.
"Rare" Drop rate being decreased means typically, it's those useful rares that disappear out of the loot you would have had.

Believe me, I've been through the old loot nerf, I really do not wanna go there again.

Conversely I've been through a loot hike, where basically anything dropped everything (ok not quite but a lot of stuff dropped so much), PvM was actually fun...heh.

Rares should be rare. You should have to go through hoops to get them (recently I spent about 30 minutes on Trade-NC to swap for 3 complete raresets). If the rare pool was broken up thusly I might not have any problem with the current droprate.
The Comments of someone who is either completely new, doesn't pvp, or doesn't understand pvp.

Heraclitus
20-09-03, 21:07
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
The Comments of someone who is either completely new, doesn't pvp, or doesn't understand pvp.

The comments of someone who thinks if something's broke and leaking you might as well tear a bigger hole in it. I know everyone has uber rare weapons now, but thanks to degradation and reduced drop rates they'll eventually come in line. I know where you;re coming from...you want everyone to have the same loadout and skill specs. In other words you want the status quo and even if you don;t want the status quo you don't want to suffer the solution. You can't call this griping because with minimal killing/trading I already have the rares I want and then some. Point being I don't want it to be that easy. You wanted it handed to you so you can run around with all the aimless dorks in PP who aren't up to snuff for Counter-Strike.

Your not-so-subtle "OMG LORLR n00b" trolls are annoying. If I can construct THREE RARES in 30 minutes, please tell me why not just sell them in stores? It takes any sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT out of the game. Why not just hand people an apartment and a CS when they GR from MC5? I know...how about a rare dispenser machine because even at the present droprate THAT'S EXACLTY WHAT WARBOTS ARE!!!

StryfeX
20-09-03, 22:17
Originally posted by Heraclitus
The comments of someone who thinks if something's broke and leaking you might as well tear a bigger hole in it. I know everyone has uber rare weapons now, but thanks to degradation and reduced drop rates they'll eventually come in line. I know where you;re coming from...you want everyone to have the same loadout and skill specs. In other words you want the status quo and even if you don;t want the status quo you don't want to suffer the solution. You can't call this griping because with minimal killing/trading I already have the rares I want and then some. Point being I don't want it to be that easy. You wanted it handed to you so you can run around with all the aimless dorks in PP who aren't up to snuff for Counter-Strike.

Your not-so-subtle "OMG LORLR n00b" trolls are annoying. If I can construct THREE RARES in 30 minutes, please tell me why not just sell them in stores? It takes any sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT out of the game. Why not just hand people an apartment and a CS when they GR from MC5? I know...how about a rare dispenser machine because even at the present droprate THAT'S EXACLTY WHAT WARBOTS ARE!!! Just....shut up. Shut up right now and never post again. You obviously don't know as much as you think you do, like QD said. Rares are required to even have a fucking chance in PvP. If you don't have a rare, you will almost always be smacked down by someone who does.

The problem mainly stems from the earlier parts of retail when the drop rate was admittedly too high. Rares only degrade fast *if you use them* and I don't see many people actually using rares for hunting. When I do, I think how exceptionally stupid they are, but meh.

Must I repeat myself every damn time because some clueless bastard or another just simply doesn't get it.

Rares *can* drop fairly frequently (hell, my spy got 2 off one WBT the other day) but the parts pool is so diluted that it doesn't really matter. Not to mention that a lot of people are simply casual gamers, not able to play more than 2-3 hours a day if that. Most of those people lack the time and resources to buy or trade for the "good" rare weapon parts such as CS', HL's, PE's, etc.

So to summarize....go away and only come back when you know what the hell you're talking about.

Shoo.

Ok, on topic now. I've noticed no real factor in determining what drops will be like. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad, doesn't matter what rank I get. A couple friends and I have a working theory about it, but I'm not going to say any more right now because it's still very rough.

--Stryfe

Heraclitus
20-09-03, 22:25
WELCOME TO THE SANDBOX!!! Money isn't worth anything, everyone had multiple completed rares. Every has cabinets BRIMMING with rareparts and they can get what they want instantly. WHOPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE IT THAT WAY!!!! WE WANT TO BE REWARDED FOR LAZINESSS WHEEEEEEE.....

I'm going to be frank with you. The netcode in this game is A FUCKING JOKE. Skill has NOTHING to do with PvP (unless you're talking about skill setup), only weapons do. Given everyone of equal skill and weapons it comes down to numbers and luck, period. You can't say shooting someone AS THEY TRAVEL THROUGH THE FLOOR OR WALL OR LEVITATE has anything to do with skill or tactics or anything else other than luck.

QuantumDelta
20-09-03, 22:27
The comments of someone who thinks if something's broke and leaking you might as well tear a bigger hole in it.
It's not broke, it's not leaking, it doesn't need patching, that's your personal oppinion and one not shared by many people.

I know everyone has uber rare weapons now, but thanks to degradation and reduced drop rates they'll eventually come in line.
Eventually, yea, know how many spare liberator parts I have stocked up? LOL Enough to last into 2005 or 6 at this rate of decay on my current two. :)
That is, if I don't go looking for another liberator part...ever :p

Why is that? - Not because of the current drop rates, mainly because of things acquired through trade, inheritence of other peoples old rares (most of which were traded off keeping pistol rares for myself), and the rates that were around when I was a member of the community for a couple of months.
Heh!
For all I really care you could remove rareparts from the loot pool all together and _I_ Could still function.

However, the newbies that are just entering this game would be far more heavily penalised then myself, or even yourself.
Again, not all people have the time to spend 24/7 playing Neocron.

I know where you;re coming from...you want everyone to have the same loadout and skill specs.
Yeap, I do, why? because that means I will beat people with player skill, or I will lose to people with player skill, not spec imbalances, not weapon imbalances, not by having superior equipment, one of the few things I hate about this game.

In other words you want the status quo and even if you don;t want the status quo you don't want to suffer the solution.
Solution to what problem? I see none.
The other Vets around see none.

You can't call this griping because with minimal killing/trading I already have the rares I want and then some. Good, maybe that way you could stand even a 10% chance of killing me, now you just have 10 months of training to get the other 90.

Point being I don't want it to be that easy.
Now that you have all the rares you need and then some ...you don't want it to be that easy? ;)
sounds like you're trying to kill any newbie competition that could potentially catch up or overtake you :p

You wanted it handed to you so you can run around with all the aimless dorks in PP who aren't up to snuff for Counter-Strike.
snuff? o_O
And, I hate counter strike - I play it casually at best(meaning, once every month at best when I go to lan arena), it has no staying power, no challenge, if i studied that game i could master it in days and give anyone on the stupid league ladders a run for their money.
Even without studying it when I pick certain weapons I can compete with the people in my group of friends who play it every day and DO compete on those ladders.

Your not-so-subtle "OMG LORLR n00b" trolls are annoying.
If I really was that, I would have been banned a long, long time ago.
I consider far more than you do in terms of this game, when I look at balance I try to look at all classes, when I look for storyline I produce some of my own, when I RP it shows.
I haven't particularly heard much of you, what dent have you made... any impression in this community?
Don't attack me personally, I make a point to do what I can where I can to represent this community to KK where it's needed.
I don't always get my way, or I don't always finish top of a debate, however, my points are very normally backed with decent logic, quite often grounded in things you probably don't understand yet but will if you stick around.

If I can construct THREE RARES in 30 minutes, please tell me why not just sell them in stores?
Which Rares?
Electric Tempest or Cursed Soul?
Something actually useful or something that's just for show?
Because believe you me....taking the time to find useful rare parts .....especially without trading, is still pretty difficult (unless you get lucky and someone's leaving...gives you shit...or... if you find someone who got unlucky with a lot of rare parts you need).
It takes any sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT out of the game.
Your accomplishment should not come from something as primitive and insignificant as rare farming and trading/assembly.
Heh, if you want THAT Go play EverCamp.
This game is not about ph4t l3wt, it's about the storyline (which is thin because of the mix of people like you and mix of people who only want blood), and it's about conflict.
There is a fairly constrained storyline going on throughout this game world you just have to look for it, and get involved in it.
Politics.
Power Plays, even if you can only get in so far as the player community, there is far more to do than collect rares.
Actually, rares are pretty much they very very first stepping stone on the way to being a vet. - Just because you have a "Rare" does not automatically make you pwn, does not automatically make you God, so stop talking like you've completed this game and look around.

Why not just hand people an apartment and a CS when they GR from MC5?
Like Arc said, seeing it
Here<--------------------------- or -----------------------> here.
Is the sign of someone who does not know how to compromise, or debate, your stupid childish exageration proves the instability of your argument.

I know...how about a rare dispenser machine because even at the present droprate THAT'S EXACLTY WHAT WARBOTS ARE!!!
More evidence to the point.
Rares are not the objective of this game.
Learn that, and you may begin to enjoy this/other games more than what you currently do.

WELCOME TO THE SANDBOX!!!
And you called me a troll?
Heh, Nietsche said "Man must beware when he fights the demons, lest he become a demon himself."

Money isn't worth anything, everyone had multiple completed rares. Every has cabinets BRIMMING with rareparts and they can get what they want instantly. WHOPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE IT THAT WAY!!!! WE WANT TO BE REWARDED FOR LAZINESSS WHEEEEEEE.....
I see we're happy in our materialistic little world....

I'm going to be frank with you. The netcode in this game is A FUCKING JOKE.
Somewhat true, however, it's not unbarable.
I've played Neocron on a 33k modem now, I can tell you, it's more or less tollerable on any platform.

Skill has NOTHING to do with PvP (unless you're talking about skill setup), only weapons do.
I'm going to assume you lose in PvP...
A lot.... right?

Given everyone of equal skill and weapons it comes down to numbers and luck, period.
Pick up a Pistol and say that when you beat a tank.
TPC/CS Tanks with decent weaponry are statistically unkillable by a Pistol PE.
Yet I do it every day.

You can't say shooting someone AS THEY TRAVEL THROUGH THE FLOOR OR WALL OR LEVITATE has anything to do with skill or tactics or anything else other than luck.
Ahem.
Try dueling, in an open flat area, NF2 Deck 1 Bowl, or NF 2 Deck 7 Back Room (with the stairs leading up from the dungeony thing and the well outside in the grass, there's a nice open spot).
I think you'll find your ass removed by anyone with superior FPS Skill and have been adjusted to the Neocron Reticle Aiming System.

Your cries of inability to PvP Properly is yet more proof of my first comment, about your lack of understanding of PvP.

StryfeX
20-09-03, 22:30
WELCOME TO THE SANDBOX!!! Money isn't worth anything, everyone had multiple completed rares. Every has cabinets BRIMMING with rareparts and they can get what they want instantly. WHOPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE IT THAT WAY!!!! WE WANT TO BE REWARDED FOR LAZINESSS WHEEEEEEE.....

I'm going to be frank with you. The netcode in this game is A FUCKING JOKE. Skill has NOTHING to do with PvP (unless you're talking about skill setup), only weapons do. Given everyone of equal skill and weapons it comes down to numbers and luck, period. You can't say shooting someone AS THEY TRAVEL THROUGH THE FLOOR OR WALL OR LEVITATE has anything to do with skill or tactics or anything else other than luck. Oh, bullshit. And you know it. Take a hit from HP then say that personal skill has no part in this game as someone you'd have originally blown away in Counter-Strike comes in and owns your ass because A) you're slower than a slug and B) your aiming is fucked up and you can't turn fast enough.

--Stryfe

Dribble Joy
20-09-03, 22:36
O__O

>__<

O__O

SHUT UP.

Go away, take this 10p peice and buy a clue.
To say theres no skill in PvP is... is.... ARRRGG an INSULT to anyone who reguarly engages in it.
Of course everyone should be the same gun/equipment/etc. It means who YOU are is the factor determining how you perform.
Rares shouldnt be rare, some effort on your behalf to get, but not rare. The rare pool is too full of random shite, SEs/ultmas, Alot of which should be turned into dropped whole items.

lullysing
20-09-03, 22:48
Jesus man. All we have left to close this thread is to mention ************s and Niddogh will descend on this threat like the green hurler mutant sporting a KK sweatshirt, carrying his almighty hammer-o-doom, invoking Godwin's law to banstick yo asses to opa-opa.

ezza
20-09-03, 22:52
Originally posted by X452
ok

my rank is currently >>>> and i get nice drops from WB's, as soon as i hit * the drops dramaticly decreases

my m8 is * and he goes out and gets loads of rares from WB's???

question to KK....

is the drop rate tied to your rank? if it is.. is it the XX/ bit or the /xx bit??

if it isnt, what is it tied to?

thanks

RiX

from what i can tell its based on the xx/ rather than the /xx

though you will get the same stuff from a mob if its yellow or red to you(in rank terms, and from the mobs that are green ranked they seem to drop pretty much what they did when red.

the only ones where you wont get anything other than a worthless token items is when the mob shows as grey rank

QuantumDelta
20-09-03, 22:57
I know, Lully, but that actually would make me a troll and would get my ass banned....

lullysing
20-09-03, 23:20
My opinion, as a 100% casuial gamer nowadays ( with maxxed character on pluto) is that this is a game. You play it to have fun. If you idea of fun is to have the uber loot, then be happy. If my idea of fun is organising an event that people will keep on talking about weeks after ( like my infamous katrina-deathcups ) and hussling it with the natives, then all the power to me.

Frankly, i just about gave up on PVP when i was in PIMP because then, monks were pretty much unkillable. Then the hybrids became unkillable. Now, the PPUs are still pretty much unkillable. and i'm sorry, flame me for not giving a shit, but NOBODY IN A PVP GAME SHOULD BE ABLE TO SURVIVE AGAINST MULTIPLE OPPONENTS UNLESS THEY ARE MOTHERFUCKING AWESOME IN DODGING AND KILLING.

*vent completed*

Since i do jnot derive any pleasure in pvp, i tend to do other thinsg nowadays, and it keeps me happy. In fact, i've even pretty much finished assembling my "backup plan" and have now a pretty well stocked warehouse/storage with all kinds of items and weapons in the outzone, with my current running colleciton of "It fell off the belt"specials. Oh, and that completed Cs i found in that dude's belt one time...

-Jujuwalker Clancy, notorious hackpimp, "recovery expert", event organiser, pistoleros, owner of the unholy blacksun of doom, and all around hussler and master ummph fella.

DonnyJepp
20-09-03, 23:26
IAs it stands now you could harvest Warbots for a few weeks and get 90% of the rareparts.

You are utterly and completely wrong.

I have been farming warbots for almost 2 months in a dedicated (~3 hours a day) fashion and although I have almost an apartment (5 cabs) full of parts, I still have less than a third of the total pool of parts. Certain weapons I have never see a part for, others I have 6 of a single piece but nobody has seen anything else. I get a drop rate of roughly 1 part for 6-10 warbots.

Considering that any one warbot could kill me dead, costing me items, time, and money, I find this to be unacceptably low rewards. When I hunt with a group, I get even less loot. Why group? Why hunt with my capped char except for the reward? Why even take my capped primary char out of his apartment except for an occasional NF? He's not getting anything hardly for his effort at this time.

The drop pool is fucked up at this time. It appears that certain techs are weighted to drop much more heavily than other parts of the same gun. Why else would I have 6 (SIX!!!) Techs of electric tempest, 5 frames of heavy ultima, and 3 frames of obliterator?

Shujin
20-09-03, 23:30
ive been huntin wbs the past week and a half for rare parts. wanna know how many parts i got? 1... 1 expensive, that was it.
ive killed over 50 prolly over 100. and dont say well u need to do it with someone rank 40 or lower.

well bullshit wanna know why? because i did with my psi who's rank was 38/36 but now is 40/39

that entire time i got 1 part. 1 so dont bullshit and say shit like that cuz it pisses me off >;o wb = h0m0phobic creatures that crawl out of terror leapers ass's with no tech parts clinging on to them

DonnyJepp
20-09-03, 23:37
Originally posted by Shujin
wb = h0m0phobic creatures that crawl out of terror leapers ass's with no tech parts clinging on to them

Another classic quote from Shujin :lol: :lol: :lol:

QuantumDelta
20-09-03, 23:44
heh....talk about piling on hera you guys.. -_-

Omnituens
21-09-03, 01:49
before the hybrid nerf, i had a stupidly high rank and all i got from doomies was horn scraps O_o

i didnt even get a reward :p

loot is definatly tied to you rank.

StryfeX
21-09-03, 04:01
Originally posted by Omnituens
before the hybrid nerf, i had a stupidly high rank and all i got from doomies was horn scraps O_o

i didnt even get a reward :p

loot is definatly tied to you rank. Half-tied. All mobs are going to drop nothing but shit if you're quite a bit higher than them. But for WBs, there's nothing that seems to be even remotely tied to rank (other than being too high and getting nothing but shit, of course).

--Stryfe