PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my Libby?

Mankind
20-09-03, 13:38
After staying up all night and making trades I finally got all the parts to a Liberator. So i logged on my friend's constructor, drugged up, got CST Boost 3, and hit the 'Start' key....

....and 2 slots. I felt like it would kind of be bad at first but then...

http://home.stny.rr.com/ncimagez/libby.jpg

And this has never happened to me before lol. So although I didn't get an uber 5 slotter, I sure got some nice stats. I guess since it being so low in tech level, it's easy to cap stats. So question is, what should I put in that 2nd slot? Cap range, or a modification (laser, silencer). Capping range seems so useless, and the only modification that seems good would be a laserpointer. So what does everyone else think?

Psyco Groupie
20-09-03, 13:42
lol nice stats .... i'd say range but alot of people would bet their life on lasers improving aiming and silencers helping recoil ..

considering you have to turn them back on every single sync im guessing wotever effec tthey have is 'on' all the time or something .. wouldnt mind an official word on such mods

... neh I would say laser / silencer if someone could prove / tell me undoubtably that they helped and would they still help is the superficial effect is off (say you playing sync wars in pp or wotever)

dilema!

J. Folsom
20-09-03, 13:43
I can't comment on this until I see the stats you get on it with the character who's going to use it, a Liberator's range caps at 116 meters, and it's definitely worth getting that (Because you'll end up aiming faster then if you had half the range with a laser-pointer).

Anyway, if you've got (close to) 116 meters range go for a laser-pointer or silencer depending on your personal preference, otherwise get the range up.

Gotterdammerung
20-09-03, 13:45
Laserpointer

Keyol45743241
20-09-03, 13:52
Scope. Anyone wants a scoped Libby? I still have one collecting dust somewhere :D

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-09-03, 14:38
silencer so u can sneak up on ppl. ;)

laser is worthless and only looks cool for about a week

KimmyG
20-09-03, 14:59
nothing is uber like the silencer

sparrowtm
20-09-03, 15:02
Originally posted by KimmyG
nothing is uber like the silencer

Wrong .. i think that 5-Slot Blacksun in his inventory is far more uber :p

anyway, I'd put in another ammo mod for when you're fighting people you know how their resists are configured.

KimmyG
20-09-03, 15:04
Originally posted by sparrowtm
Wrong .. i think that 5-Slot Blacksun in his inventory is far more uber :p

True but nothing is like the sound of a silenced lib.

Scikar
20-09-03, 15:09
I really hope you haven't modded it yet. A laserpointer will only look cool, since you already cap aiming it won't have any additional effect. Range will, however. Range is the whole reason why Lib aims so poorly, so you need to get that as high as you possibly can.

Rade
20-09-03, 15:12
barrel or xray ammo mod.

Agnt
20-09-03, 15:46
Flashlight!!!!

REMUS
20-09-03, 16:05
phospher and freq mod becuase freq is the most important and the last to cap

depends on stats tho really

if its 106% dam then i would use a barrel mod, but the only two stats that matter to a pe are damage and freq since with 60 int handleing is easy to cap on pretty much all of the pe class useable weapons and range has and will never be a great factor in pvp or pvm especially with a pistols extreamly short range, damage can only be capped if the pe is totally combat based my pe is at dex 71 and my 120% dam liberator is only at 149% damage although unfortuneatly i dont have a sf cpu, which would bring the damage up to around 155-160% but this is mainly due to the fact i use a black sun ( which rapes me for 77 t-c) but im not good enough aim to use the liberator yet, so i concentrate on the black sun.

but its down to you and i hav to say silencers are teh pawn!

J. Folsom
20-09-03, 16:09
Originally posted by REMUS
phospher and freq mod becuase freq is the most important and the last to cap

depends on stats tho really

if its 106% dam then i would use a barrel mod, but the only two stats that matter to a pe are damage and freq since with 60 int handleing is easy to cap on pretty much all of the pe class useable weapons and range has and will never be a great factor in pvp or pvm especially with a pistols extreamly short range.

but its down to you and i hav to say silencers are teh pawn! ...

Did you even check the included screenshot? All it's stats are at 120% except range, which is at 109%.

REMUS
20-09-03, 16:11
Originally posted by J. Folsom

Did you even check the included screenshot? All it's stats are at 120% except range, which is at 109%.

stupid 56k modem lol, no i didnt :o LOL!

silencer and phospher is my vote

Oath
20-09-03, 16:37
Originally posted by mankind
What to do with my liberator?

Burn it.

Nice stats, pity bout the slots. but hey.

mdares
21-09-03, 00:01
heres an idea: give it to meh =)

ok honestly: silencer or laser depending on your PE...

Mankind
21-09-03, 00:04
I didn't think silencers helped.

It's still unmodded, so maybe I'll just put a laserpointer. Everyone I've talked to today says range is fine and not to cap it.

*ph33r*
21-09-03, 00:04
Go with the Silencer for the stealth element. :p

Scikar
21-09-03, 00:09
Originally posted by Mankind
I didn't think silencers helped.

It's still unmodded, so maybe I'll just put a laserpointer. Everyone I've talked to today says range is fine and not to cap it.

Why do you think Wyatt Earp aims shit? Why do you think you can't close the Lib reticle while running if you are more than 10m away from your opponent, with 267% aim, yet I can fully close the reticle of my CS at the same range and also running, with 200% aim?

The answer is range. Range affects your aiming. Mod it with a silencer, I dare you. Then duel someone who hits you with every shot, ask him how he does it and he'll show you his Lib with capped damage which aims better than yours.

EDIT: Laserpointer won't help if your aim is already at 267% btw.

mdares
21-09-03, 00:10
i like laser just cuz it looks cool =p

but i like silencer too cuz the sound of a silenced semiauto is like uber... (try a silencer on a gatrifle...)

extract
21-09-03, 00:18
Originally posted by J. Folsom

no Ive noticed he has a habit of not paying attn to what other people wrote...just like his thread where he states PPUs sheilds should be less effective on other people...not only did the patch already do that...2 people said it had been done already as well :lol: so you got me man

also that looks a bit strange.....I was for sure you only needed 3 stats at 120 on guns to make them artifact...why is his perfect condition only????

Mankind
21-09-03, 00:26
@extract: Yes that seemed very weird when I saw that. Maybe the 4th stat has to be 115% +

extract
21-09-03, 00:42
Originally posted by Mankind
@extract: Yes that seemed very weird when I saw that. Maybe the 4th stat has to be 115% +

ahhhh yes maybe...i dont care really I got 2 libs both 3 slotted both with all 120 stats :D was just curious cause I got some other rare pistols that are only 120 in 3 stats and are artifact...so maybe thats why

BlackDove
21-09-03, 00:49
Silencer. Laserpointer is counter productive because since Liberator is the P PE's main (ok or second main) gun, you'll need to use it if you go and fight somebody with it in an OP war. And in OP wars having a laserpointer is just stupid because not only will you be seen from a mile away waving that thing, you will also be ganked for it because you're the most attractive target.

If it's for duels only - then laserpointer - because libbies have screwed aim, and any little bounce can help.

Rade
21-09-03, 00:53
Improving the range on that gun will help aiming alot more than a laserpointer..